A Simple Negotiation
A Simple Negotiation
- 1333 AE
- The Icebrood Saga
- Jormag Rising
- Legions' Alcove
- Mediate the discussion between Smodur and Braham.
- Meet up with your allies in the United Legions camp.
- Join the discussion.
- Find a path forward.
- Consider Braham's plan.
- Consider Smodur's plan.
- Speak with Crecia to decide a plan of attack.
- Finalize your plan.
- Confer with your allies.
|A Simple Negotiation||Jormag Rising||1|
|Complete the story chapter A Simple Negotiation.Journal: A Simple Negotiation Completed||Completed the Story Chapter "A Simple Negotiation"||1|
- Complete the story step.
- Blood Legion Duelist
- Blood Legion Soldier
- Crecia Stoneglow
- Efram Greetsglory
- Ember Doomforge
- Flame Legion Smoke Shaman
- Iron Legion Engineer
- Iron Legion Sentinel
- Iron Legion Soldier
- Malice Swordshadow
- Rytlock Brimstone
- Smodur the Unflinching
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander.
- <Character Name>: What are you up to?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Not killing Smodur.
- <Character Name>: That bad, huh?
- Rytlock Brimstone: He and Braham are going toe-to-toe on strategy. Neither one's a bad plan by our standards. But...
- Rytlock Brimstone: We were this close... This close to getting Ryland back.
- <Character Name>: I know.
- Rytlock Brimstone: So yeah, not killing Smodur? Harder than it looks.
At the negotiation table:
- Braham Eirsson: Again-look-I'm not saying my idea's perfect-
- Smodur the Unflinching: You want to take the commander and a strike team through the norn ruins under the keep.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah, then we go straight up to Bangar and take him out before he wakes up Jormag.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Have you even opened the door to the ruins?
- Braham Eirsson: Well, not yet-
- Smodur the Unflinching: We need the commander with us on the front lines. I am going to stop Bangar, and you are going to help me.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Braham, how close are you to opening the door?
- Braham Eirsson: Close. The Spirits are there, and the carvings clearly say their magic is what opens the way.
- Malice Swordshadow: But you haven't been able to talk with them. Or else they would've let you in by now.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Commander, we can't wait for this...magic. My siege engines are ready. Let's kick in the front door.
Hearing Braham's argument:
- Commander, I know I'm asking for a lot here, but I'm sure I can find us a way into the keep.
What is the key to opening the door?
- Braham Eirsson: The Spirits of the Wild. Their magic, channeled through the runes around the door.
- Braham Eirsson: I've been trying to get Wolf, Raven, Leopard, and Bear to answer. But I think they're keeping their distance.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Maybe for good reason.
- Braham Eirsson: Maybe. But we haven't exhausted our options yet.
- You mentioned the corrupted Spirits before...
What do you think of Smodur's plan?
- Braham Eirsson: Don't get me wrong, Commander. I'm all about kicking in the door and blowing up the place.
- Braham Eirsson: But this is Jormag's territory. Bangar's got the advantage.
- Efram Greetsglory: Yes. No telling what surprises he's got waiting for us in here.
- Smodur the Unflinching: This is what Iron trains for. This is what we do, Commander.
- Give me a moment.
Speaking with Smodur:
- Braham's plan is a good one, but Jormag gets closer to waking up every second. We need to march now.
What's between us and the front door?
- Smodur the Unflinching: Frost Legion, Svanir, and icebrood.
- Efram Greetsglory: Don't forget the Claw of Jormag flying around out there.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Stiff resistance. But I know Bangar's strategies like the back of my paw. Imperators study each other.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Then that means Bangar knows your strategies, too.
- Malice Swordshadow: He absolutely knows your strategies.
- Smodur the Unflinching: And it will avail him nothing. I will end him, Commander. And you will help me.
Why do you need me on the front lines?
- Smodur the Unflinching: Your presence will send a message. To the legions. To Bangar. He'll see his time has come.
- Malice Swordshadow: What he'll see is all his enemies in the same place at the same time. We call that an opportunity.
- Smodur the Unflinching: I call it fighting on the front lines, Swordshadow. Something you don't know anything about.
What do you think of Braham's plan?
- Smodur the Unflinching: I think if that door was open we'd be having a different conversation.
- Smodur the Unflinching: But Jormag will wake up. And soon. Every second we argue is a second we give Bangar and the dragon.
- Give me a moment.
Speaking with Efram Greetsglory:
- Efram Greetsglory: I think we should give Braham the time he needs. If we go all in, we put everyone at risk.
- Efram Greetsglory: We don't even know enough about their defenses. We don't even know how many Frost Legion are in there. I don't like it.
Speaking with Kasmeer:
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Smodur is confident. Maybe too confident. But this is what he does, for better or worse.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: The ruins under the keep might be a safer choice, but we'd be fools to think Bangar doesn't know about them.
Speaking with Rytlock:
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'd never admit it to his stupid face but Smodur's prob'ly got the right idea. We can't just sit around.
Speaking with Crecia:
- Crecia Stoneglow: All right, Commander. What do you think?
- <Character Name>: I think we... What is-?
- Smodur the Unflinching: Oh-!
- Braham Eirsson: What-?
- Efram Greetsglory: NO!
- Crecia Stoneglow: (gasp of surprise)
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Smodur-!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ryland!
- Ryland Steelcatcher: We've got every exit covered. Drop your weapons.
- <Character Name>: You drop yours.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: This isn't a negotiation!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Commander, get down!
- Malice Swordshadow: Head on a swivel! They're everywhere!
- Efram Greetsglory: Push them back! We can't let them take the camp!
- Ember Doomforge: Svanir, incoming!
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Hurry! Take out those portals, or they're gonna overwhelm us!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Dammit, Ryland!
- Crecia Stoneglow: The portals, Brimstone! Focus!
After holding off the attack:
- Rytlock Brimstone: Well. That's inconvenient.
- <Character Name>: It's a lot more than that.
- Efram Greetsglory: How did Ryland find us? One of your double agents get caught?
- Malice Swordshadow: We've been blowing up their camps. Loudly. We knew this was bound to happen.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah, but not this soon. And not with a hole in Smodur's head.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Doesn't change anything. It can't.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Every second we stand here, more Frost Legion enter the field. Who's Iron's second-in-command?
- Malice Swordshadow: Most likely Mia Kindleshot. Tribune. Smodur trusted her.
- <Character Name>: She helped us fight Kralkatorrik at Thunderhead Peaks. Where is she?
- Ember Doomforge: Not here. But we'll find her.
- Crecia Stoneglow: No time. Efram, you worked pretty closely with Smodur and Iron south of the line.
- Efram Greetsglory: I did. Doesn't mean Iron will take orders from me.
- Malice Swordshadow: They saw you fight alongside Smodur. They respect you. I'll help organize the rank and file.
- Braham Eirsson: What should I do?
- Crecia Stoneglow: If you can get that door open before we march, we'll go with your plan. But that's as long as we wait.
- <Character Name>: Crecia's right: The more we talk, the bigger the Frost Legion gets. And the the closer Jormag is to waking up.
- Crecia Stoneglow: We're not just fighting to stop Bangar. We're fighting for the future of all the charr. Braham?
- Braham Eirsson: I won't let you down. Commander, meet you there.
Talking to Efram:
- This is a disaster. An imperator's been assassinated in cold blood.
We can't let that distract us. Smodur wouldn't want that.
- We never agreed on much, but he and I both know Bangar was just the first of many problems the charr have before them.
You mean Jormag?
- Jormag. The Dominion. The very beliefs that got us here. Smodur knew that poison runs deep amongst the charr.
- And you're going to help root it out. I know it.
- We'll stop Ryland and Bangar. We have to.
Talking to Malice:
- This is...inconvenient, to say the least.
- That's all you can say?
Talking to Braham:
- Hey, Commander. You doing okay?
I'm fine. Can't believe Ryland got the drop on all of us.
- I heard how angry he was after Cinder. At you. At Crecia. But Smodur more than anyone.
We should have taken greater precautions.
- Can't blame yourself. Knowing what I know about Ryland, he would've found his way in here eventually.
- That's a good point. Anyway, let's focus on getting into Jormag's keep.
- I'll feel better once we've opened that door near the ruins.
Talking to Crecia:
- We can't let this halt our momentum. We seize up, we die.
We're not going to stop. I'll work with Braham on the door.
- And I'll do what I can to help get Iron in line. Smodur has...had a lot of supporters. They won't stand for this.
- And I don't blame them.
- Then let's get back to it.
Talking to Rytlock:
- Smodur might've been an ass, but I'm not sure he deserved that.
Ryland had the drop on us. It could've been worse. A lot worse.
- I guess, yeah. But if Smodur hadn't killed Cinder-
- We wouldn't be in this situation, I know.
- I'm not sure, either.