She was like one of those knives made out of Canthan porcelain—flawless, and sharp enough to cut you to pieces.
Crecia Stoneglow, nicknamed Cre, is a member of the Stone Warband and a tribune in Bangar Ruinbringer's Blood Legion. She is Bangar's second-in-command and his shrewd Head of Security. She excels at covert ops and is dedicated to her duty, using her cunning to her advantage. Crecia's Flame Legion heritage and innate skills as an elementalist might make some charr cagey, but her loyalty to her imperator and the legion that raised her is seemingly unshakeable.
Crecia's sire was a high-ranking shaman in the Flame Legion. Her dam fled the legion so her cub could be raised somewhere safe, and the pair eventually reached the Blood Legion Homelands where Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer took them in and put Crecia through the fahrar to raise her in the Blood Legion. However, Crecia never forgot where she came from and who she and her dam left behind.
As a cub, Crecia was one the striplings whom the smallest cubs of her fahrar were called and was bullied by stronger cubs. Eventually she and the other striplings banded together with the young Rytlock Brimstone as their leader and made the bullies stop by teaching them "a few lessons." This band of striplings eventually formed the Stone Warband and was composed of about a dozen males and dozen females, with Crecia selecting the surname Stoneglow for herself. While in the fahrar, Crecia and Rytlock often spotted ice elementals coming down from Shiverpeaks Pass.
Some time after Crecia and Rytlock had left the fahrar, Bangar ordered them to infiltrate the Flame Legion and sabotage it from the inside. Using her sex to her advantage, Crecia successfully poisoned food, stole plans and swapped orders under the noses of the Flame Legion who did not expect a female beneath their notice to be a spy for the Blood Legion.
While on the mission, Crecia and Rytlock discovered that the garrison they were in had received Prince Rurik's lost sword Sohothin which Flame Legion agents had discovered on the Ring of Fire islands and were intending to deliver to Imperator Gaheron Baelfire. Crecia objected to Rytlock's plan to steal the sword as it would compromise their mission and put them both in danger; despite her warnings, however, Rytlock killed the guards protecting the sword and begged her to leave with him. Intent on keeping up her cover, Crecia stabbed Rytlock in the leg and sounded an alarm to make herself look less suspicious to the Flame Legion who chased after Rytlock.
Crecia successfully stayed undercover with the Flame Legion for years after Rytlock's departure. At some point she told Bangar that she had only stabbed Rytlock in the leg to make it "look good" in order to ensure the continuation of her mission. She was eventually promoted as the Blood Imperator's second-in-command, becoming his shrewd head of security as a tribune. Many years later, Rytlock still thought about her fondly.
At some point, Crecia gave birth to Ryland Steelcatcher, who was sired by Rytlock. As was common among charr, Crecia cared for Ryland until the time of his weaning, after which she gave him to the fahrar to be raised in Blood Legion ways. Rytlock rarely visited them, leaving Crecia to watch over their son's progress in the legion.
As the Flame Legion's power gradually diminished, Crecia attempted to persuade Bangar to sign a truce with the fracturing legion. Although the Blood Imperator dismissed her ideas for many years, he eventually grew to realize how the truce might strengthen his own power base, and he let Crecia reach out to an atoning Flame splinter group led by Efram Greetsglory. In 1332 AE, preparations were made for the All-Legion Rally in Grothmar Valley to not only celebrate the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik's demise but to bring the four legions together so Bangar could reach out to all of them for his political purposes. The Imperator took credit for the truce in the letters sent to various racial representatives, while Crecia handled the logistics of the political summit with visitors from many corners of Tyria.
Crecia was present when Rytlock was summoned to meet Bangar. As second in command, she oversaw the All-Legion festival and was in charge of security. When word of Renegade movement threatened to interfere, she joined Rytlock and the Pact Commander as they approached Bangar with their concerns. She watched on in silence as Bangar pointed out that he considered Rytlock a failure and had taken better care of Ryland as a father figure than Rytlock himself had, which provoked Rytlock into attacking him and led to a vicious brawl between the two male charr. She chased Bangar and Ryland out into the Shiverpeaks during the storm, but even after witnessing Bangar's speech and Braham's stolen bow, she remained loyal to her Imperator and was certain that he had a good reason to be doing whatever he was doing.
- Prologue: Bound by Blood
- Episode 1: Whisper in the Dark
- Episode 2: Shadow in the Ice
- Episode 3: No Quarter
- Abilities (since Behind Enemy Lines)
- Abilities (during One Charr, One Dragon, One Champion)
- Abilities (during the epilogue of One Charr, One Dragon, One Champion and in the Eye of the North during the Confer with Bangar achievement)
- Focused Elemental Flame - Combines with Rytlock Brimstone to channel Sohothin's flames in a directed attack. (only during Voice in the Deep)
- In Umbral Grotto
- I know it's rough out there, Commander. But we just need to keep pushing against Bangar's forces. I know we'll make it. We have to.
- I'll keep at it. Hang in there.
- In Legions' Alcove
- Any help you can give us would be appreciated, Commander.
Consider it given. You doing all right?
- There's a fair bit to manage, but we're holding things together. We'll be ready to move when the time comes.
- I'll do what I can.
Crecia's introduction in the Living World magazine.
- Crecia is voiced by Cherise Boothe.
- She is seen wearing:
- Associated items
- ^ a b Tweet by Tom Abernathy, Twitter.com
- ^ Guild Wars 2 Living World - Issue 01, GuildWars2.com
- ^ a b Bad Blood
- Rytlock Brimstone: Surprised he finally agreed to a truce with Flame. Crecia's been banging that drum for years...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Her sire was a high-ranking shaman. Dam fled their legion so her cub could be raised somewhere safe.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Bangar took them in. Put Crecia through our fahrar, but she never forgot where she came from. Or who they left behind.
- ^ "Chapter 15: Edge of Steel", Edge of Destiny by J. Robert King:
- "Things like... well, like..." Rytlock huffed, making a decision. "All right, here goes: being with the two of you is like being with the striplings."
- "That's what they called us," Rytlock reflected. "In my fahrar—that's the pack they put you in when you're born—in my fahrar they called the smallest of us the striplings."
- "You were small?" Logan asked incredulously.
- "I was the youngest. The smallest. They called me Runtlock."
- "Runtlock!" Logan snorted.
- "I made them stop," Rytlock growled ominously. "I did, and the other striplings did. We banded together, and I was the leader. We taught the bullies a few lessons. Still can't stand bullies."
- ^ "Chapter 10: Magma Monsters", Edge of Destiny by J. Robert King:
- "Mercenary scout for a supply caravan in the Blazeridges?" Rytlock said. "That's about as far from your brother as you can get."
- Logan looked at his hands. "Guess so." They sat awhile in silence before he asked, "You got any brothers?"
- "About a dozen," Rytlock said with a rueful laugh, "and a dozen sisters."
- "Big family."
- Rytlock shook his head. "Charr don't have families. We have warbands. The bonds are even stronger."
- Logan's eyes grew wide. "Was that them, back there? That funeral pyre?"
- "Course not," Rytlock snapped. "Those were Iron Legion. I'm Blood Legion."
- "You guys all look alike," Logan said with a shrug. "So, where's your warband?"
- "Back east somewhere. I left them."
- That comment hung in the air between them. "Why?"
- "My reasons are my own."
- ^ A Race to Arms
- Rytlock Brimstone: Are those...elementals trapped in the ice?
- Crecia Stoneglow: They used to come down from the mountains sometimes. When we were still in the fahrar...
- Rytlock Brimstone: I remember.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Just like old times.
- ^ Requiem: Rytlock
- ^ Coming Home
- Crecia Stoneglow: These are the strongest and bravest of the Legions. The very best of us.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Flame too, huh? Bangar's letter took all the credit for that, but I recognise your handiwork when I see it.
- ^ Talk:Prologue: Bound by Blood