One Charr, One Dragon, One Champion
One Charr, One Dragon, One Champion
- 1333 AE
- The Icebrood Saga
- Jormag Rising
- Frost Citadel
Hall of Monuments
(Eye of the North)
- Follow the path upward.
- Push through the Dominion guards.
- Reach the top of the keep.
- Inspect the ice wall.
- Prepare for Rytlock and Crecia to breach the ice wall.
- Search the room for a way to clear a new path for your allies.
- Rendezvous with your allies.
- Prevent Jormag's awakening.
- Prepare to breach the ice wall.
- Confront Bangar.
- Vat Containment Unit destroyed: x/4.
- Kill Bangar Ruinbringer.
- Free the Spirits of the Wild.
- Listen to Jormag's words.
- Return to the Eye of the North.
- Debrief with Aurene.
To get through last ice wall, shoot at ceiling with the bazooka dropped from Jormag minions. Skill 1 fires rounds, skill 2 reloads. Help rappels down from hole in ceiling to get you through to Bangar and Jormag.
At boss fight, during the Free the Spirits of the Wild step, interact with each of the spirits and use the correct choice on skillbar 5 times in a row to disenchant them.
Ranger pets are useless in the fight against Bangar, as he frequently oneshots them.[verification requested]
Five controls will show up, press the blue one, avoiding the yellow ones. Just do one item at a time. After that, fight Bangar.
After Bangar is defeated, there is a scene with Jormag and Ryland. Then take a portal to the Eye of the North to talk with Aurene, then your comrades.
|One Charr, One Dragon, One Champion||Jormag Rising||11|
|Complete the story chapter One Charr, One Dragon, One Champion.Journal: One Charr, One Dragon, One Champion Completed||Completed the Story Chapter "One Charr, One Dragon, One Champion"||1|
- Complete the story step.
In the Frost Citadel
- Blood Legion Blademaster
- Crecia Stoneglow
- Efram Greetsglory
- Flame Legion Bladestorm
- Flame Legion Fire Shaman
- Iron Legion Engineer
- Iron Legion Marksman
- Iron Legion Sentinel
- Malice Swordshadow
- Ryland Steelcatcher
- Rytlock Brimstone
- Bangar Ruinbringer
- Dominion Axe Fiend
- Dominion Blademaster
- Dominion Duelist
- Dominion Fire Shaman
- Dominion Marksman
- Dominion Scout
- Dominion Soldier
- Dominion Spy
- Dominion Stalker
- Elite Frost Legion Bladestorm
- Frost Legion Bladestorm
- Frost Legion Crusher
- Frost Legion Musketeer
- Frost Legion Shaman
- Veteran Frost Legion Cannoneer
- Veteran Frost Legion Shaman
At the Eye of the North
- In the instance
- Rytlock Brimstone: Hey, c'mon, pick up the pace.
- Braham Eirsson: They're here.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Braham, what is it?
- Braham Eirsson: I know why Wolf and the other Great Spirits weren't answering me before. They're trapped here in the keep.
- Braham Eirsson: If Jormag corrupted them—
- <Character name>: Jormag would have more magic than they'd know what to do with.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Then let's quit gabbin', get up there, and stop it!
- Braham Eirsson: You think Ryland's up there?
- Crecia Stoneglow: Don't know. But Bangar surely is.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm countin' on it.
- Malice Swordshadow: If you're inside the keep, I recommend covering your ears...now.
- Malice Swordshadow: Door's still holding! Keep those icebrood off of us! Efram!
- Efram Greetsglory: Again! Hit it again!
- Rytlock Brimstone: They're gonna bring this whole place down!
- Braham Eirsson: Good!
- Crecia Stoneglow: With us inside!
- Braham Eirsson: Oh. Not good!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Efram, Malice, are you through?
- Efram Greetsglory: Door's open! Frost Legion doesn't look happy about it!
- <Character name>: Secure the ground level, then find a way up to us.
- Efram Greetsglory: You got it, Commander. Rytlock, if Ryland is there...
- Rytlock Brimstone: We'll do what we gotta do.
- Efram Greetsglory: Understood.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Right.
- Braham Eirsson: Watch the ceiling!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Pretty big entrance by Malice's standards.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm sure she'll stab a few Frost Legion in the back on the way up.
- Braham Eirsson: Frost Legion!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Get out of our way!
- At the next group of icebrood
- Crecia Stoneglow: Trouble up ahead!
- Braham Eirsson: Not for long!
- At the first ice wall
- Braham Eirsson: Damn it!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Calm down—and think.
- <Character name>: Crecia, you can melt it.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Damn right I can. Rytlock: Sohothin.
- Rytlock Brimstone: We're doing this again?
- Crecia Stoneglow: We're doing this again.
- After Crecia melts the wall
- Rytlock Brimstone: Heh. Still got it.
- Braham Eirsson: We need to move. Now.
- Rytlock Brimstone: The Spirits?
- Braham Eirsson: They're calling to me. They're...they're in pain.
- Braham Eirsson: If Jormag corrupts them like Ox and the other—
- <Character name>: Come on, we're almost there!
- Malice Swordshadow: We've secured the ground level, but the path up is blocked. Clearing it will take some time.
- <Character name>: Then find another way up! We're getting close to the top.
- Efram Greetsglory: On it!
- At the second wall of ice
- Braham Eirsson: Crecia, Rytlock, you're up!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ready.
- After failing their attempt to melt the ice
- Crecia Stoneglow: What—
- Rytlock Brimstone: Any time, Cre!
- Crecia Stoneglow: It's not working!
- Braham Eirsson: What do you mean it's not working?
- Crecia Stoneglow: Jormag's power. It's stronger here. We need a stronger flame.
- Braham Eirsson: Where are we supposed to—
- <Character name>: Efram! Efram, where are you?
- Efram Greetsglory: Looking for another way up! Where are you?
- <Character name>: You're about to find out.
- Blowing a hole in the roof
- Braham Eirsson: Nice!
- Malice Swordshadow: I was just thinking the place could use a skylight.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Everyone, into position. There's an Elder Dragon beyond this wall. We'll be ready for whatever it throws at us.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah...we will.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Yes. We will.
- <Character name>: Efram, Malice—as you can see, we've got a bit of a problem.
- Crecia Stoneglow: One the Flame Legion imperator is uniquely qualified to mitigate.
- Efram Greetsglory: I am at the United Legions' disposal.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Rytlock?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Efram: hit Sohothin with everything you've got.
- Breaking through the ice wall
- Efram Greetsglory: Bangar! Justice has arrived! Last chance to lay down your arms!
- Malice Swordshadow: Nice try, Greetsglory. All right, prepare to engage!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Knock, knock!
- Rytlock Brimstone: BANGAR!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: If you were hoping to take me by surprise...
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Nice try.
- Braham Eirsson: What are you doing to the Spirits of the Wild?
- Bangar Ruinbringer: What Jormag did to Drakkar. Use its power to control the uncontrollable.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Elder Dragons want only magic. And the Spirits are nothing but. So I'll convince them to share it wi—
- Crecia Stoneglow: Rytlock!
- Rytlock Brimstone: GO!
- Braham Eirsson: He's absorbing power from the Spirits!
- <Character name>: Then let's cut him off!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: You can't stop this. Jormag will wake up regardless.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: And when it does, I will tower over not just you—not just the charr—but everything. Everything!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: (ROAR!)
- Taking Bangar down to 75% health
- Bangar Ruinbringer: What—? No. The bow. Where's the—
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ryland—!
- Ryland Steelcatcher: You told me the bow was to rally the charr. You said you would never use it on Jormag.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: The bow is leverage. Nothing more.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Now you want to corrupt the norn Spirits, to wield their power against Jormag. Seems you need a lot of leverage.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Stand down.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: No, you're right. Sir. These Spirits do have a use.
- Braham Eirsson: NO! C'mon, we need to free them!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: What do you think you're doing, Tribune?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Waking up our dragon.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: It's not OUR dragon.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Ryland, you have to stop! If Jormag wakes, there's no going back!
- Ryland Steelcatcher: That's the POINT!
- Freeing the first Spirit
- Braham Eirsson: Okay! The Spirit's free! Let's get the others!
- Freeing the second Spirit
- Braham Eirsson: Great Spirit, go! Leave this place!
- Freeing the third Spirit
- Braham Eirsson: That's it! Just one more!
- Freeing all four Spirits
- Bangar Ruinbringer: What've you...? What've you done?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: ENOUGH.
- Getting Bangar down to 25% health
- Bangar Ruinbringer: (chuckles) If you thought I'd just...roll over...you should've known better.
- Just before Bangar can be defeated
- Bangar Ruinbringer: JORMAG! IT'S TIME!
- Braham Eirsson: Uhh—Commander?
- <Character name>: We're too late.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: You thought you had a chance? You thought you could kill Bangar Ruinbringer?
- Rytlock Brimstone: NO!
- Crecia Stoneglow: BANGAR!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Jormag. Your champion awaits.
- Jormag: Champion... Well. You did gather my army, and so you will be rewarded.
- (Bangar approaches Jormag and laughs in triumph while Ryland watches from the sidelines.)
- Jormag: Rise, Voice of Jormag.
- (Bangar stops laughing as he is caught by surprise.)
- Bangar Ruinbringer: "Voice of"—?
- (Ice magic concentrates around Bangar, freezing him as ice envelops him.)
- Bangar Ruinbringer: (screams of rage)
- (The ice shatters, revealing Bangar who has turned into an icebrood with an icy collar around his neck. He gasps for air with his now raspy voice and falls on his knees, drained by the transformation. Ryland approaches Jormag while Bangar casts a weary glance at him.)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Jormag. I am Ryla–
- (Jormag turns their focus on Ryland, interrupting the charr as the camera leaves Bangar out of the frame.)
- Jormag: Ryland Steelcatcher. I know you. A born leader who's waited your whole life for a role worthy of your talents.
- (The camera focuses on Ryland who keeps his eyes on Jormag.)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Yes.
- (The camera focuses on Jormag. The dragon's eyes widen as they emphasize their point.)
- Jormag: Your sire's ferocity...your dam's dicipline... All that rage, seething under the surface.
- (Ryland has an almost pained, vulnerable expression on his face as he acknowledges what Jormag has said while focusing solely on the dragon.)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Yes.
- (The camera focuses on Jormag, then cuts to Ryland who narrows his eyes in determination.)
- Jormag: Yes. I see you, Ryland. And what you've wanted all along.
- (The camera shows Ryland from behind as he clenches his fist and announces his desire out loud as Jormag watches.)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: I want to be your champion.
- Jormag: Then rise, Champion of Jormag.
- (Jormag breathes over Ryland, freezing him like they did with Bangar. As the ice shatters, however, Ryland emerges as an icebrood not in a weakened state like Bangar but with strength radiating from him. He turns to face the Commander's party defiantly with Jormag looking on in approval, and the flame-enchanted bow is the only thing on Ryland that is not corrupted.)
- After the cutscene
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ryland!
- Crecia Stoneglow: What have you become?
- Jormag: Come, Champion. Now that I'm awake, things are set in motion.
- Jormag: To the rest of you, I leave this gift: my Voice.
- (Jormag and Ryland vanish with the fog while the screen nearly freezes over.)
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Motherf—AAAGH!
- Voice of Jormag: I told you we'd all talk to each other again soon. I look forward to our...conversations.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: AAAGH!
- Rytlock Brimstone: He's...
- Crecia Stoneglow: ...gone.
- Efram Greetsglory: What happened?
- Crecia Stoneglow: Jormag's gone. Ryland, too.
- Malice Swordshadow: Ruinbringer.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: (pained rasping)
- Malice Swordshadow: That collar's done something to his voice.
- Rytlock Brimstone: What a shame.
- Efram Greetsglory: Place is coming apart! We need to get everyone out of here.
- Malice Swordshadow: What're we doing with him?
- Crecia Stoneglow: He's Jormag now. Can't kill him. But I'm not letting him near the charr.
- <Character name>: We'll take him to the Eye of the North. To Aurene. She'll want to see this.
- At the Eye of the North
- Aurene: This is bad. Even worse than you know.
- Aurene: When Jormag woke, there was a great, terrible tremor. I could feel ley energy shifting. The world calling out.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Don't like the sound of that.
- Braham Eirsson: Aurene... Why didn't Jormag kill us? They had every chance in there.
- Aurene: Unfortunately, we know as much of Jormag's motives now as we did before.
- <Character name>: So nothing.
- Aurene: We are at least consistent.
- Rytlock Brimstone: What about our guest?
- Aurene: It seems we have two. Jormag's presence is entwined with Bangar's.
- <Character name>: Jormag called Bangar their new "Voice." Are you in danger if we keep him here?
- Aurene: All I know for certain is, Jormag has a plan. And for the moment, they want us all alive.
- Braham Eirsson: Lucky us.
- Aurene: Stay vigilant, my Champion. Jormag roams free. Tyria calls out in pain. This is going to get worse.
- Aurene: I'll wait for Jormag. You must go and prepare this world for the fight to come.
- Speaking with your allies at the Eye of the North
- Aurene: Champion, I'm so glad to have you back safely.
What did Jormag do to Bangar?
- Aurene: Jormag can bind their voice to living creatures. Speak through them from a great distance.
- Aurene: You saw it with Drakkar and the Whisper of Jormag. Now they have chosen Bangar to serve in this role.
- Aurene: His voice is no longer just his own. For now, at least, he is simply a vessel for Jormag.
Will Jormag try to whisper to you through Bangar?
- Aurene: Jormag is welcome to try, but I'd like to think that they're smarter than that.
- Aurene: They may be sincere in saying that Bangar is meant as a gift. But Jormag never gives without expecting something in return.
- Aurene: So rest assured, my Champion: I'll be watching the charr very carefully.
Can Jormag eavesdrop on us?
- Aurene: I don't believe that's their intent, but it is possible that through Bangar, Jormag could hear us.
- Aurene: Or rather it would be, if I hadn't magically bound Bangar's cage.
- Aurene: Don't worry, Champion. So long as he's in that cage, I will decide what Jormag hears.
- Where do you think Jormag and Ryland went?
- Farewell, Aurene.
- Crecia Stoneglow: The Dominion is in shambles. But there's still so much work left to do.
I'm sorry about Ryland.
- Crecia Stoneglow: He made his choice. Now he'll have to live with the consequences.
- Crecia Stoneglow: He and Bangar both forced me to make my own choice. Who am l loyal to? My imperator? My legion? My blood?
- Crecia Stoneglow: In the end, none of that matters. The charr were nearly destroyed. I can't let that happen again.
Are you all right leaving Bangar here?
- Crecia Stoneglow: In the watchful care of an Elder Dragon? I think it's safe.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Many of us would've preferred a very public execution. But this? This is more...poetic, I think.
- Crecia Stoneglow: But if he causes any trouble? Tell Aurene to let me know. I'll finish him off myself.
- What will happen to the charr now?
- We'll talk more later.
- Braham Eirsson: I can't believe Jormag got away. And Ryland...
You doing okay?
- Braham Eirsson: I just don't get it, Commander. Jormag could've killed me back there. They know one of us has to die.
- Braham Eirsson: I kill Jormag, or Jormag kills me. That's what the Wolf Spirit said. But Jormag spared us. Why?
- Braham Eirsson: Sorry, Commander. Can't let this change anything. It's just... I don't get it.
- Braham Eirsson: Always thought he was...I dunno, better than that? Figured he'd turn on Bangar—but the rest of us too?
- Braham Eirsson: No comin' back from where he's gone. Can't imagine what Rytlock and Crecia are going through.
- We'll get through this. Together.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Was really hoping we'd stop Jormag before...all this.
If you need to talk about Ryland...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Thanks. But...nothin' left to say. Whole time I thought he was choosing between us and Bangar. I had it all wrong.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I guess it was always about him. If I'da been here, maybe I...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Aah, prob'ly not. Cre was here; Cinder, his warband. They believed in him. Didn't matter. He did what he was gonna do.
What are you going to do now?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Well, Cre's gonna need some help knockin' heads together. Lot of bad blood to worry about.
- Rytlock Brimstone: But y'know, thinkin' about it? She's prob'ly the best thing that could happen to the charr.
- Rytlock Brimstone: And if helpin' her means avoiding another civil war, or war with Tyria, or turning into ice monsters, well...
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm sure as hell in.
- Talk later, Rytlock.