The Secret of Southsun
Trouble is brewing on the tropical island of Southsun Cove.
The merchants and traders of The Consortium have given shelter to refugees driven from their lands by the Molten Alliance, but many of these new arrivals feel more like prisoners than guests. With the new settlers on the verge of rioting and someone—or something—driving the local wildlife to new heights of aggression, it’s up to you and Lionguard Inspector Kiel to quell the violence and discover the Secret of Southsun!
— Official website
The Secret of Southsun is a release launched on May 14th, 2013 which follows the conclusion of the Flame and Frost narrative. The release heads back to Southsun Cove where animals are displaying mysterious behavior and a conflict between the Consortium on refugees is coming to a climax. The release is followed by Last Stand at Southsun and provides a conclusion to the events.
- Temporary features
- New Southsun Cove content
- Southsun Supply Crate available via Gem Store and rare drop in Southsun
- Permanent features
- World vs World updates
- Six new Guild Trek locations in Southsun Cove
Special Event - Secret of Southsun Cove
- There's trouble in Southsun Cove. Volunteer deputies should report to Inspector Kiel at the Pearl Islet resort.
Secret of Southsun
- Primary article: Secret of Southsun
Southsun Volunteer Fieldwork
- Primary article: Southsun Volunteer Fieldwork
Journals and Memos
Tensions are high on the island, fights and arguments are breaking out between all involved parties, revealing underlying problems.
- Aggren Vicegrip fights the Consortium NPCs, before being stopped by Kiel.
- Tergvi is interviewed by Job-o-Tron to determine possible work.
- Inspector Kiel interrogates Henrika after a crazed animal attack, naming the individual involved.
- Inspector Kiel confronts Subdirector Noll about the actual targets of the animals.
Gem Store items
- An asura gate has been built near the Claw Portage Waypoint, near Lionguard Tyrro, to take players to Southsun Cove.
- The original pre-release article page mistakenly included mention of changes to the World Experience system and the removal of culling from PvE. However, these changes were still in testing and weren't ready for release; the relevant sections were quickly removed from the official article.
- The Secret of Southsun on official website
- Living World Pivot Point article on official website
- Welcome to Paradise on official website
- Meet the Consortium video on official website
- Canach's Story: An After-Hours Meeting on official website