Canach's appearance during The Lost Shores.
Canach's appearance during Last Stand at Southsun.
Canach's appearance during the story of Heart of Thorns.
Canach's appearance, shortly after awakening, during Meeting the Asura.
It's high time I walk as my own sylvari for a while.
Canach is a secondborn sylvari who was initially a Consortium mercenary, arrested for his actions in Southsun Cove and imprisoned in Vigil Keep. More recently, he served as an operative for Countess Anise and the Shining Blade.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Story involvement
- 4 Combat abilities
- 5 Dialogue
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
- 10 References
As a newborn sylvari, Canach and a few others were captured by an asuran research team lead by Vorpp. Canach was cruelly experimented upon by the curious asura, and even used to power a golem with his life-force. Although he was rescued by Caithe and Faolain, Canach was greatly rattled by his experience.
Canach was hired by the Consortium in 1325 AE to map, explore, and begin construction of settlements and tourist facilities at the newly-discovered Southsun Cove. Although his contract prevented him from exploiting animal, mineral, or magical sources on the island, it did not mention local flora, and Canach ordered his team to collect samples of Passion Flowers as they explored. For reasons not yet fully understood, this provoked the local karka, who followed the fleeing survivors of the expedition back to Lion's Arch, where they attacked and destroyed Lion's Gate. Blamed by the authorities for his role, Canach was apprehended in Garenhoff by the Lionguard. To avoid punishment, he offered to help fight the Ancient Karka, but fled at the first opportunity.
Facing life as a fugitive and the freelance "decomissioning" team sent by the Consortium's Subdirector Noll, Canach made a concerted effort to change. He cast himself as a champion of the weak, and, to prove it, sought out and destroyed a Molten Alliance weapons facility. Intending to get even with Noll and liberate the refugees from the Molten Alliance who had been tricked into Consortium settlement contracts on the Southsun Cove, Canach headed back to the island and spread a toxin that aggravated the local wildlife. The civil unrest induced there attracted the attention of a Lionguard inspector, Ellen Kiel, who tracked down the sylvari, arrested him, and jailed him at Fort Marriner, before he could destroy any more evidence of Consortium wrongdoing.
During Scarlet's attack on the city, Canach was moved from his cell and incarcerated at Vigil Keep. Shortly afterward, an unnamed official from Divinity's Reach offered to buy his release and the sylvari left the keep around the time that Mordrem invaded the Iron Marches.
|It was eventually revealed that Countess Anise had bought Canach's billet and was using him as her agent. During Party Politics, she used him to distract guests from her clone, leaving her free to eavesdrop. Anise took the sylvari with her to The World Summit, teasing him mercilessly, much to his annoyance. After the attack on the summit by the Shadow of the Dragon, Anise ordered Canach to join the Pact in Fort Trinity to learn more about their plans about Mordremoth. He later accompanied Caithe on a scouting mission in the Silverwastes, but were routed by Mordrem until the Pact Commander came to their rescue.|
|In the Heart of Maguuma, Canach joined the Pact Commander and their party as they cleared a path towards Mordremoth. Like all sylvari he struggled with the dragon's call, but his strength of will kept him from succumbing. Within the dragon's inner sanctum, he offered to join the Commander as they delved into Mordremoth's mind for a final battle. Mordremoth spawned a Blighted illusion of Canach to goad his being forced to be a servant one way or another, but Canach declared that he would redeem himself and be his own master.|
|Even after Mordremoth's fall, Canach remained under Anise's command for a time. He led a Shining Blade operation in Bloodstone Fen, tracking down Minister Caudecus who had fled Krytan custody. Though Caudecus revealed his true colors as a leader of the White Mantle, he evaded capture much to Canach's dismay. Caudecus and the White Mantle eventually laid siege to Divinity's Reach, and Canach was sent to infiltrate Caudecus' Manor. The sylvari was captured and held captive for a time, and was freed when the Pact Commander stormed the manor. Together they were able to bring down Caudecus, and Anise made good on her promise to declare Canach's debt paid. Canach declined the Commander's invitation to Dragon's Watch to remain independent for a time, but mused that their paths would cross again.|
|Along his travels, he heads to Amnoon and has begun enjoying gambling at Zalambur's casino, where he is reunited with Dragon's Watch. Having placed a bet that the Pact Commander could fell the former god Balthazar, he joins the Commander, Kasmeer, and Rytlock in fighting the Forged. During their campaign in the Crystal Desert, he develops a friendly rivalry with Rytlock.|
|After the Pact Commander defeats Balthazar, Canach goes all in with his winnings and bets that the Commander will defeat Kralkatorrik as well. When the Commander arrives to help Amnoon during the Brandstorm, Canach is already there and joins you to defeat the Branded and rescue the civilians. After the battle subsides, he remains in Amnoon to help clean up. Eventually, he and Rytlock travel to the Domain of Vabbi and join the Sunspears as they storm the Mordant Crescent Great Hall to rescue the Spearmarshal. He then joined the Commander in pursuit of Taimi into Fahranur, where he planted explosives to destroy a bone wall that blocked their progress.|
- Kessex Hills
- Lion's Arch
- Gendarran Fields
- Southsun Cove
- Episode 6: Last Stand at Southsun
- Episode 17: The Edge of the Mists
- Episode 18: Escape from Lion's Arch
- Episode 4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 7: Seeds of Truth
Heart of Thorns story
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Act IV
- Episode 1: Out of the Shadows
- Episode 4: The Head of the Snake
Path of Fire story
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Controls Mines
- For previous dialogue: Canach/dialogue
- At Dragon's Stand (Heart of Thorns) before completing Hearts and Minds
- I've spent much of my life hating the firstborn, always being compared to them. In our mother's eyes, Trahearne was perfect and none of us could live up to him. But now...
Your opinion has changed?
- With Mordremoth pounding against my willpower, I'm barely holding on. And yet, Trahearne...he flew his airship straight at it. I can only admire him now. We must find him.
Don't worry. We won't abandon him.
- I worry that it's already too late. Mordremoth wil have its hooks in Trahearne's body and mind much deeper than it will in Zojja and Logan. Its what we sylvari were designed for.
- We'll find a way. We...have to.
- At Dragon's Stand (Heart of Thorns) after completing Hearts and Minds
- Mordremoth is gone. I no longer hear its summons. I no longer feel the scratch of its will against my mind.
- (If sylvari)
- We sylvari have grown beyond what we were created for.
- (If not sylvari)
It would seem you sylvari have grown beyond what you were created for.
- So it would appear. The Pale Tree endowed us with the willpower to choose our own fates. This victory will bring on a great change for the sylvari...for me.
What will you do now?
- (sigh) I must return to Countess Anise and report our victory. She'll be pleased, and I'll take advantage of her goodwill to broach the topic of releasing my billet. I yearn to be completely free.
- Good luck, my friend. I wish it for you.
- Hello again. It's good to see a familiar face. Got time to talk?
- State your business and let me get on with mine.
- I'm sorry, but I don't do small talk.
- Don't bother me. I'm thinking
- My fighting skills are for hire, but I'm selective about my employers.
- What is it? Oh, I see. Greetings.
- Concept art
Concept art by Jamie Ro.
- Canach is voiced by John DiMaggio.
- Canach has had numerous armor changes throughout the story:
- During The Lost Shores he is seen having a mixture of various pieces of the sylvari Cultural armor and wielding a Pirate Cutlass and Kryta's Embrace.
- After Last Stand at Southsun he is wearing the Oaken armor (without the helmet) and a pair of Heavy Fused Gauntlets whilst wielding the same weapons.
- During Heart of Thorns story, Canach loses the gauntlets, and wields a Chain-Whip Sword and a Shield of the Moon (it is not mentioned on how he acquired them).
- Past Living World Season 3, and up until current events, Canach wears the Verdant Executor Outfit whilst wielding the same weapons.