A Kindness Repaid
A Kindness Repaid
- 1331 AE
- Living World Season 4
- A Bug in the System
- The Ruined Paths
Click to enlarge
- Travel to the mysterious charr's village.
- Join your companions on the beach.
- Speak to the mysterious charr.
- Follow the mysterious charr.
- Speak to the Olmakhan Elders.
- Meet Boticca in the Olmakhan village.
- Meet with the Olmakhan Elders.
- Help the Olmakhan.
- Head to the ritual circle.
- Defend yourself!
- Escort the cubs and Braham to safety.
- Hold the line against the Inquest.
- Aid your allies further inside the Olmakhan village.
- Defeat the Inquest golems attacking the elders.
- Defeat the Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem.
- Pile of Bloodstone Dust (5)
- Gilded Strongbox (2)
- Bag of Loot (5)
- Pamphlet of Wisdom (2)
- Volatile Magic (50)
The first few minutes is mostly dialogue, simply follow Boticca once she begins moving to Atholma and the Elders' chamber. After the dialogue there, head to the beach to find the three charr cubs on the small spiral peninsula. After a brief dialogue, you will fight three Olmakhan Sand Elementals, followed by one Elite Olmakhan Sand Effigy. Winning or losing this fight doesn't matter, though it does alter dialogue. After another brief dialogue, Inquest golems will begin attacking, and the real mission starts.
You will have to follow Braham as he escorts the three cubs back to the village's beach toward the Elder Chamber. You do not need to worry about any golems killing the NPCs, as they're invulnerable due to Braham's shield. Periodically, the NPCs' progress will be halted by Enhanced Mark I Phalanx Golem. These golems are innately invulnerable. To defeat them, first kill the Mark III Power Golems that spawn. Doing so will drop bundles that, when picked up, will trigger a Special action skill which stacks up to four times. Use this skill on the Enhanced Mark I Phalanx Golem to make their Unstable Inquest Power Core exposed, and destroy the power core to kill the golem. Do this, and kill any other golem that comes near you, until you reach the beach.
At the beach, Rox will show up saying the Olmakhan need help at the Elder's chamber. Head there, and you will face off against the instance's final boss: Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem. The fight with this golem is essentially an extended fight against Enhanced Mark I Phalanx Golems from earlier. Attacking directly will cause very small amount of damage. Instead, kill the Mark II Power Golems that spawn, use the charges from the bundles they drop to damage the Exterminator Golem, and when the Unstable Exterminator Core is exposed, attack that. At 33% health, the Power Golems stop spawning and you must attack the golem directly until it reaches approximately 10% health, where it will spawn its power core again, and you can finish it off.
Once the Exterminator Golem is defeated, another brief dialogue will play, and the instance is completed.
|A Kindness Repaid||A Bug in the System||0|
|Convince the Olmakhan Elders to join forces with you.Journal: A Kindness Repaid||Completed a Kindness Repaid||0|
Complete the mission.
|Cabbage Shredder||A Bug in the System||1|
|Arbitrarily ruin a perfectly good vegetable crop.Story Instance: A Kindness Repaid||Thoroughly Trampled Produce||1|
|Impressionable Youth||A Bug in the System||1|
|Convince the cubs about the way they can best help their village.Story Instance: A Kindness Repaid||Impressed the Olmakhan Cubs||1|
Kill the Elite Sand Effigy the children summon. Players can complete this achievement by using ranged attacks on the Effigy. If hit by a short range earth shockwave, the player is defeated by the Youth and the achievement must be reattempted. Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Impressionable Youth effect.
|X-T3R-M1N-8||A Bug in the System||2|
|Defeat the Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem in under three minutes.Story Instance: A Kindness Repaid||Defeated Exterminator Efficiently||2|
Defeat the Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem in under three minutes. Players can complete this achievement by using their special action on the Golem when it has stacks of protection. Players can acquire the special action charges from defeated support Golems. After removing all of the stacks, the Golem Core is ejected and players can do increased damage to the Golem by targeting the Core. Achievement qualification may be tracked via the X-T3R-M1N-8 effect. There are several steps you can take to complete this achievement more easily:
- Collect four charges of the special action before entering the council chamber. An infinite amount of golems which drop these charges will spawn in front of golems with shielding to prevent you from getting stuck in the mission.
- When the timer starts, defeat the support golems first so they drop charges. Otherwise, they will shoot you and not drop any charge, forcing you to wait until the next phase. You cannot pick up the charges yet, since you can only store four charges at the same time.
- Spend all your charges on the exterminator golem, then get as much damage done on the core as possible. Try not to get hit by the core's explosions, they may cause it to immediately jump back into the golem, forcing you to break the shielding again.
- After the core jumps back into the golem, pick up the charges left behind by the support golems and spend them all again. This will allow you to immediately attack the core again without waiting for new support golem spawns.
- Once the golem is down to 33 percent health, you can attack it directly. When it spits out the core, you can finish it off.
- Golems (Inquest)
- Assault Cube
- Detonation Cube
- Enhanced Mark I Phalanx Golem
- Enhanced Mark II Ballista Golem
- Enhanced Mark VII Centurion Golem
- Infiltration Cube
- Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem
- Mark III Power Golem
- Mark III Suppressor Golem (non targetable)
- Mark VII Centurion Golem
- Unstable Inquest Power Core
- Unstable Exterminator Core
- Mysterious Charr: Everyone all right?
- Rox: I think so.
- Braham: (groan) I'm gonna feel that one in the morning.
- Rox: That's what you said after the last alemoot.
- <Character name>: Thanks for your help.
- Mysterious Charr: Nature smiles on a kindness repaid. But don't thank me yet; we just stirred up the hive, I expect.
- Speaking to the mysterious charr
- Mysterious Charr: I have to warn my village about what they're doing to our people.
- <Character name>: Seems like we have a common enemy in the Inquest. Joko too, I imagine.
- <Character name>: If that cube's as well-defended as it looks, maybe we should work together.
- Mysterious Charr: We do share a common cause... Wise words. Yes. We'll speak to the elders.
- Mysterious Charr: (whistles)
- Ghostwind appears.
- Mysterious Charr: Follow me.
- Following the mysterious charr to the village
- Rox: What's the name of your tribe?
- Mysterious Charr: The Olmakhan. My people came south a long time ago, after we broke away from the Flame Legion. You're not...
- Rox: Flame Legion? No way.
- Olmakhan Villager: Look! She's back!
- Mysterious Charr: Good.
- Olmakhan Villager: Boticca's returned!
- Rox: Always considered my friends my warband, but...truth is, I don't have one. I'm a gladium.
- Boticca: Oh? Well. My mother used to say a charr without a tribe is just a charr who hasn't found one yet.
- Background dialogue outside the gate
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: Your cub shows promise with a staff. She's growing fast.
- Olmakhan Villager: She's strong like her mother. Though the cuts and bruises she doesn't like so well.
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: She'll learn. Pain's good-- means you're still alive.
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: These are dark times. That strange cube full of rats on the horizon... Invaders swarming the land...
- Olmakhan Sandshaker: Quite troubling But we will endure, as we have before this.
- At the gate to the elders
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: Good to see you back, sister. We heard an explosion. Your doing?
- Boticca: Ours. We need to see the elders.
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: With the outsiders? Not possible.
- Braham Eirsson: Should we be offended? I'm a little offended.
- Boticca: It's urgent. There's no time for formalities.
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: Fine. But only one of them goes in. And if there's trouble, it's your responsibility.
- Rox: Braham and I can wait. I'd like to look around anyway. I'm curious to see how the Olmakhan live, aren't you?
- Braham Eirsson: Not really. But I'll play along.
- <Character name>: Go ahead. We'll meet up after.
- Speaking to the elders
- Elder Rhona: Boticca!
- Elder Narn: We thought you'd been lost, like the others!
- Boticca: Nearly. The invaders had us all. I only escaped with the help of this warrior.
- <Character name>: I'm honored to meet you all.
- If asura:
- Elder Rhona: Bringing an outsider—especially an asura—into this chamber is highly irregular.
- Elder Rhona: Bringing an outsider into this chamber is highly irregular.
- Boticca: The THREAT is highly irregular. We have to go on the offensive. Drive the invaders out of our lands.
- Elder Yowen: Absolutely not! Starting a war is a last resort. We have our young and our old to consider.
- <Character name>: The Inquest already started the war. They've killed your people. Diseases, cruel experiments...they won't stop.
- <Character name>: And now there may be Awakened involved... Sooner or later you'll have to act. Better now, with our help.
- Elder Yowen: No. Better to move and find a new home. Beats getting butchered defending this one.
- Elder Gawr: We don't know that's their intention.
- Boticca: You didn't see what they did to our people. I did.
- Efi: What did they do?
- Efi: Where's my dad? Why didn't he come back with Boticca?
- Elder Rhona: We...don't know. Not for sure.
- Efi: Don't. I hate it when grown-ups talk down to cubs. If he's not back, he's in trouble. What are you going to do about it?
- Elder Narn: Oh, child...
- Efi: I'm not a child! I'm a warrior, same as you! Same as my dad! And if you're not gonna do something...we will.
- Boticca: Outlander—I need to tell the elders what happened. Can you keep an eye on the cubs?
- <Character name>: Of course. Whatever you need.
- Elder Narn: Nature bless you. They usually play at the ritual circle, by the water's edge.
Staying in the chamber (repeated)
- Elder Narn: Please, I worry that the cubs may do something reckless.
- Elder Narn: Please check on the cubs. We have a great deal to discuss.
- Elder Narn: These matters are urgent. We can't afford delays.
- On the way to the ritual circle
- Olmakhan Villager: Nature favor you, sister. What can I do for you?
- Rox: I've noticed your cubs are just, well...playing together.
- Olmakhan Villager: Yes...
- Olmakhan Villager: Oh! (laughs) You're wondering about fahrars and warbands.
- Rox: Well...yes. I mean, how else would you raise them?
- Olmakhan Villager: We Olmakhan raise our own children. Teach them to fish, and hunt; to fight. And to play!
- Olmakhan Villager: You won't find any fahrars here. Only families.
- Rox: Huh...
- Braham Eirsson: So, what do you eat around here?
- Olmakhan Villager: Whatever the land offers us. We hunt, we fish. We raise a few animals, farm a bit.
- Olmakhan Villager: Rotate our crops, our quarry. Make sure the land and its creatures are sustained.
- Braham Eirsson: Hmm. Almost sounds like a norn...
- Rox: Nature favor you, brother.
- Olmakhan Villager: And you! You're learning our customs.
- Rox: They're...unfamiliar. But I'm getting used to them.
- Olmakhan Villager: Well. We're honored to have a charr warrior like you among us. I hope you feel welcome.
- Rox: I do. Thanks.
- Braham Eirsson: What's with the giant over there?
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: Ol' Kaarg? He's harmless.
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: "Harmless!" Bah!
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: Unless you're a fishmonger. He doesn't get the concept of paying per item. Just tosses you a coin and eats 'til he's full.
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: And he REALLY likes fish.
- Braham Eirsson: Hmm. Wonder if I could get away with that...
- Olmakhan Farmer: How do you do it?
- Olmakhan Fisher: Do what?
- Olmakhan Farmer: Go on with regular life when all this madness surrounds the village.
- Olmakhan Fisher: I just put one paw in front of the other. Take it day by day. Today, the village needs fish. So, I fish.
- Olmakhan Windcaller: You saw the female charr with the commander?
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: A warrior. She looks strong—fearsome.
- Olmakhan Windcaller: (grunt) Hard to imagine the Flame Legion could've kept her down.
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: Good riddance to those days.
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: What do you think they're up to in that...cube of theirs?
- Olmakhan Fisher: Don't know. Those things they build, their devices and weapons and whatever else. Its all...
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: Unnatural.
- Olmakhan Fisher: Yes. Nothing good will come of it.
- At the ritual circle
- Efi: They're just gonna sit and argue. It's up to us.
- Fenn: I'm not scared. I say we go after 'em ourselves.
- <Character name>: I admire your courage. But I'm not sure going after them is the best idea.
- Wyn: Not your business, outlander.
- <Character name>: Maybe. But haven't your families lost enough? How are they going to feel if YOU don't come back?
- Efi: We'll come back. We know how to fight.
- Braham Eirsson crosses their arms.
- <Character name>: Show me.
- Fenn: Huh?
- <Character name>: You heard me. Show me what you can do. I'll do the same. And we'll all get better at keeping each other safe.
- Wyn: We won't go easy on you.
- <Character name>: You'd better not.
Defeating the Olmakhan Sand Elemental:
- Efi: Not bad, but that's not all we've got. Hope you're ready...
- If defeated the Elite Olmakhan Sand Effigy:
- Fenn: Wow, you're...pretty good.
- <Character name>: You're not so bad yourself. You three can be a big help to your people, but only if you stay here to protect them.
- Fenn: Told ya we can fight.
- <Character name>: You weren't kidding. You three can be a big help to your people, but only if you stay here to protect them.
- Efi: I guess.
- <Character name>: I know it's hard—that voice in your head, spoiling for a fight. But a wise warrior knows when to ignore that voice.
- Braham Eirsson: Tough time for them. That voice in your head—you're not careful, it can take over.
- Escorting the cubs and Braham to safety
- Olmakhan Villager: Invaders!
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: We need to protect the cubs—get them to the village!
- Kel: Arm yourselves!
- Braham Eirsson: I'll shield them, Commander—you clear a path!
- One of the following:
- Olmakhan Windcaller: Go ahead, outlander!
- Olmakhan Windcaller: Outlander, go! We'll handle this!
- Fenn: Hey, we know how to fight!
- Efi: Yeah, let us help!
- Braham Eirsson: You wanna help, do it under the shield.
- Braham Eirsson: Commander! Can't get through with these golems in the way!
- Fenn: We can help too! Watch this!
- Braham Eirsson: Little help! (If attacked by enemies)
- Braham Eirsson: Too many of 'em!
- Olmakhan Villager: A dragon!
- Kel: Bring it down!
- <Character name>: Aurene! Don't hurt her—she's on our side!
- Olmakhan Villager: The outlander has a dragon?
- Braham Eirsson: This way!
- Mark VII Centurion Golem: Ballista—units: ranged—assault—protocols.
- Kel: Outlander, go! We'll handle this!
- Mark VII Centurion Golem: Phalanx—units—forward. Formation—zero—one—alpha.
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: I can't keep this up much longer...
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: I'm here! Try and catch your breath.
- Tarra: That's it, stay on them! Aim and fire! (repeated)
- Tarra: Keep the pressure on! Don't stop firing! (repeated)
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: Come on now, focus as one! Work together!
- Fenn: Hey, there's my dad. Lemme help you!
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: No! You're safer in the village!
- Braham Eirsson: Don't worry, we'll get 'em there!
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: Go ahead, outlander!
- Braham Eirsson: Long time to keep a shield going... You cubs are doing great. Quick breather, then we move again...
- Braham Eirsson: Aurene cleared a path! Let's go!
- Braham Eirsson: We need to keep moving!
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: Outlander! The cubs! I can protect them if you bring them to me!
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: Thank you! I'll keep them safe!
- After holding the line against the Inquest
- Braham Eirsson: There's Rox!
- Rox: I was wondering where you two went...
- Rox: There's more golems in the village. They could probably use some help over there.
- Braham Eirsson: Let's go!
- Elder Gawr: Outlander! They need help in the council chamber!
- Braham Eirsson: Go! Rox and I'll help out here!
- Braham Eirsson: Come on then! Let's see what you've got!
- In the council chamber
- Boticca: Outlander! Fight with us!
After defeating the small golems
- Golem: Failure—threshold—reached. Request—tier—one—assistance.
- <Character name>: That sounds ominous...
After the landing of Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem
- Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem: Target—providing—support—to—enemies. Initiating—priority—assessment.
- <Character name>: Elder, stay back! You don't want it targeting you!
- Elder Narn: The Olmakhan do not cower!
- Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem: Assessment—complete. Executing—new—target—priority.
- <Character name>: Elder, get out of here!
- Elder Narn: We will not be chased from our home! Do you hear me? We will not!
- Boticca: NO!
- Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem: Threat—eliminated.
- Elder Yowen: Outlander, please! Destroy it!
- Elder Rhona: We'll keep it penned in, outlander!
On removing the shield from Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem (one of the following lines)
- Unstable Exterminator Core: For—your—safety, do—not—engage—with—power—sources.
- Unstable Exterminator Core: Tampering—with—volatile—materials—is—prohibited.
On Unstable Exterminator Core returning to Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem
- Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem: Temperature—normalized. Resuming—all—active—processes.
On Unstable Exterminator Core returning to Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem with enough damage dealt (33%)
- Mark II Beta Exterminator Golem: Failsafe—measures—offline. All—targets—must—be—eliminated.
- Elder Yowen: It's weakening! Here, take our blessing and finish it!
- After final fight
- Elder Gawr: Narn! No!
- Elder Gawr: He's gone.
- Boticca: We return his body to the land, that it may be renewed. May his memory be a star to guide us.
- <Charr>: We will keep his memory bright. (all surrounding charr)
- Rox: We will keep his memory bright.
- Elder Gawr: (war cry)
- Elder Yowen: The day is won. The cost was high...but our victory brings resolve.
- Elder Yowen: We will not let these ravagers seize our land.
- Elder Yowen: The time has come to take the fight to them. Are there objections?
- Elder Yowen: In that case... Warrior, will you stand with us?
- <Character name>: Count on it.
- All present Olmakhan charr cheer.