- 1329 AE
- Living World Season 3
- Rising Flames
- Rata Novus
Virtual Theorem Replicator
Loading screen for Rata Novus instance
Loading screen for the simulation
Travel to Rata Novus.
- Use the gate in Rata Sum to travel to Rata Novus.
- Tune the gate to Taimi's secret lab.
- Enter the gate to Taimi's lab.
- Talk to Taimi.
- Start the simulation.
Complete the combat simulation.
- (Level 1: Kill the destroyers.)
- Kill the first wave.
- (Level 2: Kill the destroyers.)
- Kill the second wave.
- (Level 3: Kill more destroyers.)
- Kill the third wave.
- (Level 4: Kill the boss destroyer!)
- Kill the boss and its minions. killed: x/8
- Game over. Exit the simulation.
Get ready to travel.
- Listen to Taimi.
- Move to the main lab.
- Check in with Taimi
- Take the gate to Ember Bay.
Head to Rata Sum, and enter through the same Asura Gate as you did for for Research in Rata Novus. From there head to the console, wait for it to unlock the asura gate and head into Taimi's secret lab. After the bit of dialogue use the device to enter the simulation room.
While it may be just a simulation, the destroyers spawn fast and hit hard. Also while their attacks are similar to regular destroyers, they spawn pools of lava, which can be only be doused by blue spheres that spawn around the room. As long as you keep this in mind, you shouldn't have too hard of a time dealing with the waves, though at the start of the 3rd wave, you do want to remove the Massive Destroyer Crab who can fire a line of lava pools. Defeat him and 8 other Destroyer Crabs.
Exit back to hear some banter from Rytlock and Taimi, then after Taimi's explanation, use the portal again to return to the main lab. Once you enter, you don't have to move, as the NPCs will start the dialogue pretty much on their own. After all the dialogue is done, simply turn around to end the portal again to complete the instance.
|Beat Taimi's Game||Rising Flames (achievements)||0|
|Complete the "Taimi's Game" story instance.Story Journal: Taimi's Game||Completed Taimi's Game||0|
Simply complete the instance.
|Simulation Top Ten||Rising Flames (achievements)||10|
|Complete the Taimi's Game story instance without being defeated.Story Journal: Taimi's Game||Completed the Taimi's Game story instance without being defeated.||10|
Water orbs along the ground will clear all fire patches. The initial waves aren't much to worry about, but the final two waves can be surprising in the number of mobs spawned and the damage they deal. Achievement Qualification may be tracked via the Qualify for Simulation Top Ten effect.
- Small Destroyer Crab
- Destroyer Crab
- Destroyer of Bananas
- Large Destroyer Crab
- Massive Destroyer Crab
- Upon leaving the asura gate
- Peacemaker Guard: I wonder if the commander brought that disrespectful sylvari this time.
- Nearing the console
- Researcher: Bah. Forced to mingle with the rabble.
- Speaking to the Researcher
- What? Are you back to take another hack at my poor golem?
Your golem attacked me.
- Technicalities. You didn't have to destroy it.
- No, I really did have to.
- After interacting with the console
- Console: Final—phase—complete. Passcode—accepted. Gate—relay—Zero-4-6-8-7—activated.
- Upon arriving in the lab
- <Character name>: Taimi! Please tell me there was some sort of calculations error. Primordus is really active?
- Taimi: An error? You think I made an— Hey, good to see you too.
- <Character name>: Sorry. I didn't think we'd be dealing with another dragon so soon.
- Taimi: About that... I have some good news and bad news.
- <Character name>: What's the bad news?
- Taimi: Great idea! Good news first! Feast your eyes and blindfolds on this!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Different tile on the ground? Impressive.
- Taimi: No! This is another one of Rata Novus's secrets I discovered!
- Taimi: Stand there and you'll be ported to this crazy simulation room the Novans developed but never finished.
- <Character name>: And you finished it?
- Taimi: Well... no. I couldn't... you know... figure it out.
- Rytlock Brimstone: What's that?
- Taimi: I couldn't figure it out, okay?
- Taimi: Just so happens to fall outside my giant, incredibly deep pool of knowledge— Whatever! It works now.
- Taimi: I called in Moto, an asura with some experience in that realm. He got it up and running for me!
- Rytlock Brimstone: What's it do?
- Taimi: It can process numerous experimental theories, but the Rata Novans developed it to test themselves against various Primordus minions.
- Taimi: Wanna check it out?
- <Character name>: Sure, it'll be helpful to find out what we're about to go up against.
- Taimi: Perfect! It'll also help me run some numbers and see what the room's capable of!
- In the testing room
- Taimi: It's booting up, hold please... Okay! Wave one incoming, folks!
- <Character name>: Ready, Rytlock?
- Rytlock Brimstone: It's fake fighting. How hard can it be?
- Taimi: I'll note any patterns or specific attacks I see while you're taking care of business.
- Taimi: They'll only help us out when we face the real deal.
- After the first wave
- <Character name>: You've done some amazing work here, Taimi. When do you ever sleep?
- Taimi: No time for that, Commander.
- Taimi: It was one thing going against Mordremoth—of course you want to save the planet—but being asura and facing Primordus...
- <Character name>: Well, I hope you know we're all behind you.
- <Character name>: I thought we had our hands full with Caudecus and Lazarus, but I think we can squeeze in a quick trip to the Shiverpeaks to take down a dragon.
- Taimi: Wellllll, there's a little more I haven't told you yet.
- Taimi: According to what I documented, Primordus is awake—you know this. But here's the more part...
- Taimi: It's moved! Tunneled its way down to the Fire Islands, south of Maguuma.
- Rytlock Brimstone: If we know where it is now, let's just go knock on its door and give it a welcome basket.
- <Character name>: Why did it move?
- Taimi: I posit Mordremoth's death and the subsequent magic release must have jump-started Primordus. And then, with a lot of energy pooling in the south...
- Taimi: What better place to feed?
- <Character name>: So it relocated...to get more powerful. Great.
- After the second wave
- Taimi: So...while we have the time, there's something else I need to tell you...just a tiny bit more. It's the bad news part.
- <Character name>: Go on...
- Taimi: You ready for this? I don't think you're ready for this... Maybe you should sit down.
- Taimi: No! Stand! Stay standing. Okay, here it is... Jormag is ALSO active!
- <Character name>: What? How can you be sure? I thought most of this tech was focused on Primordus.
- Taimi: Braham sent a letter from the Shiverpeaks.
- Rytlock Brimstone: What did it say?
- Taimi: "Jormag is active. —Braham."
- Taimi: He's a norn of few words.
- <Character name>: Two dragons at once...
- Taimi: Yeah, but, there's a silver lining? Neither one has gone all Mordremoth on us. Well, so far...
- Taimi: There's such an excess of energy out there, all the old rule books are being rewritten. Oh look! The next wave is ready!
- When the third wave starts
- Rytlock Brimstone: That... seems out of place.
- <Character name>: I'm going to go out on a limb and say Primordus doesn't have monkey minions. Unless they've somehow changed...a lot.
- Taimi: Oooooh! That Moto! I left him alone with the room's code for two minutes!
- After defeating the Destroyer of Bananas
- <Character name>: How are we doing against the simulation, Taimi?
- Taimi: You still don't have the high score. That belongs to Cami, one of the Fire Islands raiding party leaders.
- Taimi: She's super tough, though, sooo...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Another Asura in here? I thought you were keeping all this a secret.
- Taimi: I had to let Cami in on it.
- Taimi: A) she's cool, don't worry. And B) someone had to watch our backs while Moto and I got this thing up and running.
- <Character name>: You already have people in the Fire Islands?
- Taimi: I have some more, let's say "trusted associates" there setting up a gate scouting.
- Taimi: But Phlunt really organized the whole operation. Primordus's movement was something I purposely let slip.
- Taimi: It's good because it keeps him out of my ears for a little while, and it also makes him feel like a big shot.
- <Character name>: Only sixteen years old and you're puppet-mastering one of your superiors...
- <Character name>: Admirable and a little unsettling, Taimi.
- Taimi: I'll soon RULE YOU ALL! (evil laugh) Sorry. Was the comm open for that? Big bad coming up!
- After the final wave
- Taimi: That was the last wave. Good job!
- Taimi: You've generated a ton of data for me to sift through. This room could probably run any simulation I can dream up!
- Taimi: As soon as I get Moto in here again to debug it... Come on out!
- After exiting the simulation
- <Character name>: Outside a few monkey anomalies, the room was very impressive. Next time, you'll have to program in some Jormag minions.
- <Character name>: Any idea what's happening with the other Elder Dragons?
- Taimi: Nothing on Kralkatorrik, and ditto for... Oh, what's its name? Brain malfunction. Starts with an s...?
- Rytlock Brimstone: What about a weakness? All this machinery has to be good for something!
- Taimi: Why don't you channel some patience from the Mists there, Tribune!
- Taimi: A whole civilization of brilliant asura couldn't find it, but, yeah, I got this in five minutes!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Maybe if you were as open with your research as you were with your mouth, you'd have cracked it by now!
- Taimi: You're going to lecture me on openness?
- Taimi: Remind me again, what happened to you in the Mists? Oh, that's right, zipper-lips!
- <Character name>: Okay, Okay. We're all on the same team here. But...have you made any progress?
- Taimi: Only a few huge leaps! First, remember my chak organ?
- <Character name>: That horribly disgusting body part of an even more horribly disgusting giant bug you keep in a despicable blighting pod fluid?
- <Character name>: Yes, I remember, despite desperately trying to forget.
- Taimi: I named it Spencer!
- Rytlock Brimstone: And it's somehow more disturbing.
- Taimi: Don't listen to them, Spence!
- Taimi: Anyway, I discovered why ley energy is different when run through him, and it's paradigm-shifting!
- Taimi: The chak feed off ley energy, right?
- Taimi: And we know that each dragon has a "domain" when it comes to their magic; Zhaitan's was death, obviously.
- Taimi: Well you know what's guaranteed to give chak a bad stomachache? Death magic!
- Taimi: Spencer filters "death" out of ley energy!
- <Character name>: So magic is almost like light. Broken up into a spectrum.
- Taimi: That's a perfect way to think about it!
- Taimi: Magic as we know it is like white light, composed of all the different types of dragon magic.
- Taimi: I'm gonna go down in asuran history logs for this discovery!
- Rytlock Brimstone: As much as I love discussing minutiae, how does this help us?
- Taimi: I don't know yet... But I will! I'll never sleep again!
- Taimi: Now, I'm sure you're anxious to try out your moves against the real thing in the Fire Islands, so let's head back to the main lab.
- Upon arriving back in the main lab
- Veteran Adamant Team Lead: Rytlock Brimstone.
- Rytlock Brimstone: That's "Tribune" to you, soldier.
- Veteran Adamant Team Lead: Not any more, it's not.
- Veteran Adamant Team Lead: You've ignored numerous requests from the Black Citadel to account for your time in the Mists and explain this new...magic.
- Veteran Adamant Team Lead: Thus, you've been stripped of your rank and are hereby charged with dereliction of duty.
- Veteran Vikon: You're to come with us, Rytlock... Sir.
- Rytlock Brimstone: And if I don't?
- Veteran Adamant Team Lead: We've been authorized to use force.
- Veteran Vikon: But we'd hate to cause a scene.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm sure you would, pup.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Getting this assignment, you two must either be the best warriors in the Iron Legion, or the ones with the worst luck...
- Rytlock Brimstone: So?
- Veteran Adamant Team Lead: Top of my class.
- Veteran Vikon: But it's starting to feel like both...
- <Character name>: Rytlock?
- Rytlock Brimstone: It's okay, Commander. I'll straighten this out. It appears I underestimated the citadel's response.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Hope you enjoy the medal I'm earning you today, soldier. You get to return with Rytlock Brimstone in tow.
- Veteran Vikon: Without a fight?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Depends on my travel accommodations.
- Veteran Vikon: You can have my seat!
- Veteran Adamant Team Lead: C'mon, Vikon, you gonna groom him too?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Sorry I'll miss out on all the fun, Commander. I'll catch up with you as soon as I'm able.
- After Rytlock leaves with the two charr soldiers
- <Character name>: Well, looks like I'm headed to Fire Islands solo.
- Taimi: Sorry, I'd join you, but I just haven't had many moments to work on Scruffy 2.0.
- Taimi: Plus, I need to start experimenting on the thing I told you about in the thing about the new thing findings...
- <Character name>: I understand?
- Windall: Help! Someone help!
- Taimi: Windall, what happened?
- Windall: The Fire Islands! Our party...lost. We shouldn't have strayed from the main outposts!
- Windall: Cami held them off as long
- Taimi: No! Did she make it?
- Windall: No. She... They changed, Taimi. The destroyers there.
- Taimi: Oh!
- <Character name>: Changed? How?
- Windall: Like Risen... and Mordrem. Unstoppable.
- Taimi: Risen and Mordrem? What do you mean?
- Windall: They're not like they were. Different attacks, a different...feel. I don't—
- Taimi: It's okay, it's okay. Take him away and get him some care.
- <Character name>: What do you think that all meant?
- Taimi: Not sure. He could have— (gasp) Of course! It's like you said about the monkey!
- Taimi: They changed! It's... That's why Mordremoth was able to... The Mordrem, Commander!
- <Character name>: What about them?
- Taimi: The ones who came from the blighting pods! Mordremoth had its minions, the sylvari, right? But it was able to create more, new ones from the dead! That power came from Zhaitan!
- Taimi: Killing Zhaitan caused the other dragons to absorb the death spectrum, but we only saw it in Mordremoth because it was active.
- Taimi: Then we killed Mordremoth, and now Primordus has absorbed some of the death and planty-ness! I think...
- <Character name>: Can we test that theory? I'll go and get you a sample from these new destroyers.
- Taimi: That'd be amazing, Commander! Be careful, and let me know what you find!
- This episode was released with the September 20th, 2016 update.