The Test Subject
- This article is about the Living World Season 4 instance. For the asuran personal story instance, see Test Subject.
The Test Subject
- 1331 AE
- Living World Season 4
- A Bug in the System
- Calon Islet
Click to enlarge
- Investigate the lab for signs of Joko's activity.
- Search the Inquest lab for information regarding Joko's invasion force.
- Defeat the Inquest security golems.
- Check the console for clues.
- Jump off the observation platform.
When you enter the instance, there is an Inquest console to the left; interact with it to reset the password. There are 3 inquest up on the platform and another console to interact with, then you can start opening the gates.
Each "gate controller" will open one of the gates- do not stand in the circle of drones, or they will attack.
After first few gates, there are groups to the left and right to kill; the left has golem disabler (if you reset the password) and a message, right is dialogue.
Take the elevator up. Before the first door is 2 consoles; left is a dead charr, right is a control for achievement – make sure to hit all the consoles in this room for achievements.After the Mysterious Charr breaks through the glass, defeat all the golems to spawn the elevator controller.
Kill all the inquest running around for the achievement, then listen to the message on the console. There are also several documents around and you must read all of them for another achievement – when finished,you can take the elevator up. Jump off the platform circled in green to finish the instance.
|The Test Subject||A Bug in the System||0|
|Scour the lab for clues and make your escape.Journal: The Test Subject||Completed "The Test Subject"||0|
- Scour the lab for clues and make your escape.
|Drones Disabled||A Bug in the System||2|
|Disable the drones in lab Sigma-05.Story Instance: The Test Subject||Disabled the Security Drones in Lab Sigma-05||2|
- Disable the drones in lab Sigma-05. This is done by firstly setting the access password to "password" using the first console you come to in the instance, then navigate through the first floor almost up to the elevator without being detected by drones (you can use teleports), and disable the drones using the panel in a side room on the left with two inquest, using the option named "Access drone controls".
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Drones Disabled effect.
|Inquest Redundancies||A Bug in the System||1|
|Defeat all of the Inquest in lab Sigma-05.Story Instance: The Test Subject||Defeated All Inquest in Lab Sigma-05||1|
- Defeat all of the Inquest in lab Sigma-05. Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Inquest Redundancies effect.
|Inquest-Specimen Liberator||A Bug in the System||1|
|Release the healthy control specimens from lab Sigma-05.Story Instance: The Test Subject||Liberated the Control Specimens in Lab Sigma-05||1|
- Release the healthy control specimens from lab Sigma-05. Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Inquest-Specimen Liberator effect.
- Asura (Inquest)
- Inquest Specimen Researcher (floor 2, neutral)
- Elevator Controls
- Gate Controls (button)
- Inquest Rectangular Console (small and big)
- Inquest Document
- Small Inquest Portal
- Start of the instance
- Rox: Some kind of lab. Is this Rata Primus?
- Taimi: Supposed to be a pretty big base. Could be more than one building.
- <Character name>: Keep your eyes open for any sign of Joko or the gate hub he's using.
- Interacting with Inquest Console on ground floor
- PA Announcer: All labs - this is the director.
- PA Announcer: Some of your maybe aware of a minor security issue in Rata Primus involving a small number of...cadaverous intruders.
- PA Announcer: Security has the matter in hand. Rumors to the contrary will result in compliance correction or expungement.
- PA Announcer: All labs are to continue with business as usual. Director out.
- Taimi: "Cadaverous" sounds a lot like Joko's goons. I think we're on the right track.
- Reaching the second floor
- Braham Eirsson: Spirits... Look at the poor creatures in these cells.
- Rox: The live test subjects we've been hearing about.
- Taimi: Just when you think the Inquest couldn't get any more despicable...
- Opening the first set of gates
- Mysterious Charr: You're a stain on this land. A blight. You'll pay for what you've done.
- Inquest Specimen Researcher: We've seen rapid desease progression in these charr, correct?
- Inquest Specimen Researcher: Yes, but we're only tested a few. Their village is close by, and Security didn't want the locals out for blood.
- Inquest Specimen Researcher: Ridiculous. If they act up, we trigger the quarantine protocol. Let's get this one infected. I'll fetch a sample.
- Mysterious Charr: I'm not your lab animal. Release me!
- Upon opening the last gate
- Inquest Specimen Researcher: Wha- How did you- Intruders!
- Rox: Whoa! You see that?
- If asura:
- Mysterious Charr: I didn't expect help from an asura.
- <Character name>: We don't all share the Inquest's ideas. Besides, you obviously didn't need much.
- Mysterious Charr: Your arrival was well timed.
- <Character name>: You obviously didn't need much help.
- PA Announcer: Alert. Security breach in progress. Initiating radical decontamination protocol level one.
- Braham Eirsson: THAT sounds like a problem...
- After defeating all golems
- PA Announcer: Alert. Radical decontamination protocol level one unsuccesful. Proceeding to level two.
- <Character name>: We need to get out of here. Any other prisoners?
- Mysterious Charr: The others from my tribe... they didn't make it.
- Rox: Your tribe?
- Mysterious Charr: Our village is nearby.
- <Character name>: Can we talk about how to get out of here?
- Mysterious Charr: Upstairs. There is a platformthat can take us to the roof. I'll come with you.
- Reaching the third floor
- PA Announcer: Alert. Preparing for radical decontamination protocol level two. Evacusation is strongly advised.
- Inquest Specimen Researcher: Level two! Leave everything- we have to get out!
- Inquest Specimen Researcher: Are you insane? Grab your data! Without it, you're worthless!
- Once spotted
- Inquest Specimen Researcher: Test subjects- they're loose!
- Inquest Specimen Researcher: Don't engage! That's what the quarantine protocols are for.
- PA Announcer: Alert. Distress message received. Source: Rata Primus, Main Complex.
- Taimi: Sounds important. See if you can listen to it.
- Interacting with the second Inquest Console
- <Character name>: It says, "Distress message. Subject: Awakened attack. Audio failed. Sender: Gorrik."
- Taimi: Aw, Gorrik! Not you too! I know him; he's Blish's little brother.
- <Character name>: Blish- the college friend Blish?
- Taimi: Yeah. Gorrik's an entomologist. And, if I'm honest, kinda weird. But still, the Inquest?
- Braham Eirrson: Well, I guess we know where to find Joko's Awakened: the "Main Complex."
- Mysterious Charr: The big central structure of the invaders' base. We'll be able to see it from the roof.
- Braham Eirsson: How do you know?
- Mysterious Charr: Because I know.
- PA Announcer: Alert. Radical decontamination protocol level two is imminent.
- <Character name>: Okay, everyone on the elevator.
- Mysterious Charr: There's the exit.
- Reaching the roof of the lab
- Rox: (gasp)
- Braham Eirsson: Whoa... that is huge.
- <Character name>: Rata Primus, I presume.
- Mysterious Charr: Hurry! We'll have to jump.