- Survey the new island.
- Listen to Taimi's and Gorrik's requests.
- Survey the terrain.
- Tell Taimi and Gorrik what you saw.
- Collect seismic data to map the island.
- Get Gorrik's instruments from Taimi's assistant.
- Scan the area of seismic interest in Melandru's Lost Domain.
- Deploy seismic tap.
- Scan the area of seismic interest in the Burning Forest.
- Deploy seismic tap.
- Scan the area of seismic interest in the Underworld.
- Deploy seismic tap.
- Tell Taimi and Gorrik about what you found.
- Pile of Bloodstone Dust (5)
- Gilded Strongbox
- Bag of Loot (5)
- Taste of Liquid Karma
- Pamphlet of Wisdom
Follow the story marker to the Verdant Gate to meet with Taimi's new assistant, who will hand you Gorrik's scanner. Your next mission is to deploy 3 seismic taps in specific locations:Gnarlgrove Vista, and use to scout out Kralkatorrik's condition. Then, head back down to
- one northwest of Melandru's Lost Domain Waypoint — ,
- another southwest of The Underworld Waypoint — , and finally,
- one east of Burning Forest Waypoint — , under the Scorched Cliffs Vista.
Map for Seismic Taps
|Survey the island formed by Kralkatorrik's fall.Journal: Landfall Completed||Completed Landfall||0|
- Complete the story step.
- Sayida the Sly (voice only)
- Caithe (voice only)
- Entering the Dragonfall open world map
- Gorrik: When you have a moment, Commander, I've got a list of all the data I'll need. Two lists, in fact.
- Taimi: But you can't do any of that until we find Gorrik's instruments. The Pact's still… unpacking.
- Gorrik: (grumble) In the meantime, I've marked a high point for reconnaissance.
- Taimi: Huh! Turns out I can't see everything from this airship.
- Contacting Rox
- Rox: We're up to our ears in spirits and skeletons, Commander. Holding them off for now, but… oh! My fur's on end.
- <Character name>: Sounds dangerous. Want backup? I can send Braham in.
- Rox: Mm-mm. ...I've got this.
- Contacting Caithe
- Caithe: Burning trees as far as the eye can see. And shadow creatures. Except you don't see them. That's worse.
- <Character name>: I know it's not easy. Lean on Zaeim. Remember: this is for Aurene.
- Caithe: Right.
- After Surveying the terrain
- Gorrik: All right, Commander. What's it look like up there?
- <Character name>: Kralkatorrik's buried—I can't see his head. He's covered with Brandstorms and lightning. Getting close'll be dangerous.
- <Character name>: I can see his severed wing from here, too.
- Taimi: Wait, really? If we can reach it, then that means...oh...OH.
- Gorrik: The Dragonsblood spears were weak because we didn't have his blood. If we did have it...
- Taimi: I'll call in a chopper. Someone can fly up and collect some blood. There has to be some way to fuse it with our spears.
- Gorrik: Ooh, a challenge! I'm on it.
- Taimi: In the meantime, can you meet with my research assistant? We located the crate with Gorrik's instruments.
- <Character name>: Research assistant? Okay, just send me the coordinates.
- Contacting Sayida the Sly
- Sayida the Sly: Commander, we spotted Zafirah to the far southwest. She's picking off Branded by the bushel.
- Sayida the Sly: Seems like she can take care of herself, so...
- <Character name>: Thanks, Sayida. Is Taimi still with you?
- Taimi: Die, Branded scum! Ah hahahaha!
- Sayida the Sly: Hasn't left my sight.
- Contacting Rox
- Rox: The Olmakhan are twitchy, Commander. Can't say I blame ‘em. The Underworld's just…unnatural.
- Rox: But say the word, we'll be all over Kralkatorrik.
- <Character name>: Thanks. Hold your position for now.
- Contacting Rytlock
- Rytlock Brimstone: Benevolent nature goddess, my tail. This greenery's trying to eat us alive.
- <Character name>: Huh. Well, Melandru and the other gods are gone.
- Rytlock Brimstone: You watch your back out there. I've got Logan's.
- Upon meeting Braham
- <Character name>: Braham! You're Taimi's assistant?
- Braham Eirsson: Whatever Taimi needs, I'll get her. I'm supposed to give you these. Good luck, Commander.
- Taimi: I feel so assisted right now. Gorrik, tell the commander about what you sent.
- Gorrik: The indicator should guide you to a few points of tremendous seismic interest.
- Gorrik: Plant the instruments, or B57X seismic taps, and they'll send us data about this terrain. Data the tracker can't give us.
- <Character name>: Any reports from the chopper you sent up for the blood?
- Taimi: Not yet. We're experiencing some static interference. I'll call if something comes up.
- After planting the first seismic tap
- <Character name>: Gorrik, I've put the first tap down. Are you getting what you need from it?
- Gorrik: I'm seeing the data now. Keep placing those instruments! With enough readings, I'll be able to map the substrata.
- After planting the second seismic tap
- <Character name>: Second seismic tap in place.
- Gorrik: Good, good. Keep going! This is…adding to what we know. Taimi, can you double-check these numbers?
- Taimi: Sure thing, but first—Commander? That chopper? It just fell out of the sky.
- Taimi: Something around that wing is creating a technological dead zone. We can't get up there.
- Gorrik: I doubt it's mechanical. Wonder if it's some sort of organic construct..
- Taimi: Figure it out. Aurene's busy with Kralkatorrik, and Sayida and I are providing critical air support.
- Taimi: Commander, we need that blood. Can you find a different way up?
- <Character name>: Soon as I place this last tap.
- After planting the third seismic tap
- <Character name>: All taps are down. But something odd's going on. Is that...ley energy?
- Taimi: Kralk's impact broke into subsurface ley lines? Oh, no, no, no, no!
- Gorrik: Wait, that's why my numbers look like this?
- <Character name>: What's ley energy doing here?
- Gorrik: Kralkatorrik's absorbing it! He's healing!
- Taimi: We need to cut him off from those ley lines. Fast.
- <Character name>: If he's healing, Aurene's attacks won't hold him down. We have to get his blood—for our spears.
- Taimi: Okay. Gorrik and I will figure out a solution for the ley lines. You should get up to that wing—if you can find a way.
- Caithe: Sorry to interrupt. Aurene—she's found something.
- Aurene: Caithe, Champion. Come to me.
- Caithe: She's in the far south.
- <Character name>: Hope everything's all right. See you there.