Eye of the North
Eye of the North
The Eye of the North is an ancient, huge tower in the Far Shiverpeaks, with architecture matching that of no known species, and now in ruins. It is topped with a hollow spire, the uppermost part of which has always appeared to be either incomplete or broken off. The Eye contains two rooms—the main interior of the tower, which is large and empty save for ghosts and an asura gate, and the Hall of Monuments, which is full of statues commemorating the deeds of the long-dead hero who defeated the Great Destroyer as well as an ancient Scrying Pool.
The Eye of the North was generally avoided by local norn for unknown reasons. It was briefly used as a forward base of operations for the Ebon Vanguard after the Searing, when King Adelbern dispatched the unit to the north to try and covertly disrupt the charr offensive, and eventually saw Captain Langmar being succeeded by Gwen Thackeray as the commander of the unit. During the conflict in the north in 1078 AE, the Eye's Scrying Pool was used by the Hero of Tyria in between missions to decipher the nature of the threat posed by the invading Destroyers and reveal clues about the location of the Great Destroyer which was felled soon after.
The Ebon Vanguard was recalled to Ascalon City a few years later in 1080 AE, and the tower was left with a skeleton crew to keep the charr believing the Ebon Vanguard were still in the north. When the Elder Dragon Jormag awoke and created the four year long blizzard in 1165 AE, the norn were driven from the region and left the abandoned Eye deep in Icebrood territory.
The ghosts of heroes who once occupied the Eye of the North still linger within its halls, knowing it as the place where they belong, to guard the treasures of the Eye and to provide them to the heroes of future generations.
The Eye of the North can be reached by using a Hall of Monuments Portal Stone.
|Hall of Monuments||