Prologue: Rally to Maguuma
Prologue: Rally to Maguuma
The Elder Dragon Mordremoth has risen, dominating the Maguuma Jungle and destroying the Pact fleet sent to confront it. Now Tyria's bravest heroes race to find the downed Pact flagship and determine the fates of Marshal Trahearne and Destiny's Edge before the dragon's minions completely colonize the jungle and swarm out to overwhelm all of Tyria.
— Story journal
- Prepare for the battle in the war against Mordremoth.
- Report to the Red Rock Bastion in the Silverwastes.
- Speak to Tactician Elke.
- Escort reinforcements and clear Amber Sandfall of Mordrem to establish a Pact rally point.
- Check in with Rox and Braham.
- Check in with Marjory and Kasmeer.
- Enter the Pact staging area.
- Check in with Canach and Taimi.
- Gather at the rally point leading into the Maguuma jungle.
- Escort Pact forces to Amber Sandfall.
- Pact Reinforcements
- Drive back the Mordrem attack!
- Defend Amber Sandfall and protect Lightbringer Osa from the Mordrem
- Lightbringer Osa
- Mordrem attacks will subside in: x:yy
- Priory Arcanist
- Priory Explorer
- Priory Historian
- Priory Magister
- Priory Researcher
- Veteran Whispers Agent
- Vigil Crusader
- Vigil Marksman
- Vigil Recruit
- Vigil Tactician
- Vigil Warmaster
- Whispers Agent
- Whispers Initiate
- Whispers Keeper
Interacting with instance marker:
- Heart of Thorns: Would you like to enter the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns story chapter "Rally to Maguuma"?
- Not right now.
- Laranthir of the Wild: Commander.
- Laranthir of the Wild: Mordremoth proved even more powerful than we imagined. The jungle itself set against us and shredded our ships.
- Laranthir of the Wild: And then there was the call. All of us Sylvari heard it, and many followed Mordremoth's commands, turning on their Pact allies.
- Laranthir of the Wild: Many are dead, still others are missing, and our fleet is utterly broken.
- Laranthir of the Wild: If rescue doesn't come soon, there won't be anything left to rescue. Please: we need your help.
Approaching Tactician Elke:
- Tactician Elke: Commander on the field! Ten-hut!
Speaking with Tactician Elke:
- Tactician Elke: Good to see you, Commander. Some of your associates are already in the field. They were eager to help.
- <Character name>: At ease, Tactician. Laranthir called for my assistance. What can you tell me about the situation in Maguuma?
- Tactician Elke: We've seen a few survivors coming out of the jungle, and the news isn't good.
- Tactician Elke: Mordremoth destroyed the fleet as soon as it arrived. It was a massacre. Those that survived are in disarray.
- Tactician Elke: We're keeping the way out of Maguuma open...mostly...but Amber Sandfall is getting hit pretty hard. If we lose that...
- <Character name>: We won't. We need that way out for survivors, and a way in for reinforcements, if we're going to turn this around.
- <Character name>: We also need Trahearne and Destiny's Edge. They were with the fleet, and I need to know what happened to them.
Moving away from Tactician Elke:
- Tactician Elke: Good luck, Commander. Bring us back a dragon trophy!
Approaching Vigil Warmaster:
- Vigil Warmaster: Listen up, troops! We've got dispatches coming in from the jungle, and it's looking pretty grim.
- Vigil Warmaster: We don't have the full story yet, but based on preliminary assessments, we have to prepare for the worst.
- Vigil Warmaster: Our orders haven't changed: hold this fort at all costs. We lost the fleet, but we're not losing the Silverwastes.
- Vigil Warmaster: Amber Sandfall is now the primary rally point for survivors. The Pact is relying on us to hold this ground.
- Vigil Warmaster: Look sharp and do your jobs. Mordremoth won the first round, but this war is far from over.
Approaching Priory Explorer:
- Priory Explorer: I don't understand. You know us. We've fought and bled alongside you for the Pact.
- Whispers Keeper: So did the sylvari aboard the fleet, and most turned without warning. We're not taking any more chances with you.
- Priory Explorer: But I don't feel any different. I'm still me, still a loyal member of the Pact.
- Whispers Keeper: You're also a dragon minion. Reports say all sylvari are. You could be an enemy and not know it.
- Priory Explorer: This is preposterous. We're not a threat!
- Whispers Keeper: Maybe not, but we can't take that risk. You're all confined to quarters until this is over.
Escorting the Pact forces to Amber Sandfall:
- Veteran Whispers Agent: Pact soldiers! Move out!
- Veteran Whispers Agent: Mordremoth's trying to keep us bottled up here. We can't let that happen.
- Veteran Whispers Agent: Show those Mordrem they can't stop us.
Speaking with Braham or Rox:
- One of the folllowing
- Rox: Glad you're here. They say Mordremoth wiped out the entire fleet.
- Rox: Hey, Commander... That's your Pact rank, right? Glad you're here. They say Mordremoth wiped out the entire fleet.
- Rox: The news has...Frostbite a little anxious. I mean, because Destiny's Edge was on board. I hope they're okay...
- Braham: I'm with Frostbite. The boss, Destiny's Edge, and airships killed Zhaitan...how did it go so wrong this time?
- <Character name>: We're about to see for ourselves. I need you two at the staging area near Amber Sandfall and ready to go when I arrive.
- Rox: We'll be there. Just gotta mop up the last of these Mordrem.
- <Character name>: Sounds good. See you soon.
Speaking with Marjory or Kasmeer:
- Lady Kasmeer Maede: Thank the gods you're here, boss. We were hoping for some sign of Caithe and the egg, but we found...this.
- Lady Kasmeer Maede: We did verify that Caithe has been through here in the last day or so. Sorry we can't give you more.
- <Character name>: We'll get the egg back, but right now our top priority is Mordremoth. What's the situation here?
- Marjory Delaqua: Mordrem attacked after you left for Camp Resolve. We went to help Amber Sandfall; Braham and Rox went to Red Rock.
- <Character name>: I never made it to Camp Resolve. Once I heard the fleet had been attacked, I knew I'd be needed here.
- Lady Kasmeer Maede: So it's even worse than it looks. You can count on us, boss. We're ready to go— just say the word.
- <Character name>: Consider it said. Finish up what you're doing and meet me on the edge of the jungle. We'll all go in together.
- Marjory Delaqua: Good. First my sister, then the Zephyrite Masters, now the Pact fleet. Mordremoth has to be stopped. For good.
Speaking with Canach or Taimi:
- Taimi: Hey, boss! Rata Sum was all abuzz over the Pact Fleet disaster. I knew you'd get involved, so I came to pitch in.
- Taimi: Scruffy and I gave these locals a lesson in Mordrem bashing while we waited for you. Oh, and Canach helped, too.
- Canach: Yes...I "helped." And I thought the Firstborn were full of themselves.
- Canach: Commander. Countess Anise sent me to support you and represent the Shining Blade in the fight against Mordremoth.
- Canach: The jungle won't contain Mordremoth for long. Mordrem incursions are already happening as far away as Diessa Plateau.
- Canach: I also have an obvious personal stake in defeating the jungle dragon. In any case, I am at your disposal.
- <Character name>: Glad to have you both aboard. We're going to need all the help we can get. Let's move out.
After defending Amber Sandfall:
- Lightbringer Osa: We've got things under control for now. Follow the commander into the jungle and take the fight to Mordremoth!
Talking to Lightbringer Osa while defending Amber Sandfall:
- We need to do whatever it takes to push back the Mordrem!
- I'm on it.
Talking to Lightbringer Osa after defending Amber Sandfall:
- It's only a matter of time before Mordrem show up again. We can't afford to let our guard down.
- I'll be vigilant.
- Cannot be replayed once completed.
- ^ "Important: Getting started with "HoT" story" by Matthew Medina, Official forums