- Meet with Aurene in the Eye of the North.
- Meet with Aurene in the Eye of the North.
- Check in with Taimi.
- (Optional) Catch up with the rest of Dragon's Watch.
No reward is given for this story chapter.
After activating the story, listen to the chatter via your communicator. Then go to the Scrying Pool in Eye of the North to engage in a dialogue with Aurene. Afterwards you can either talk to Taimi to progress the story, or optionally talk with your allies Aurene, Marjory and Kasmeer and Rytlock, found near the waypoint Hall of Monuments, as well as Caithe, Taimi and Aurene (again after having heard the conversation between Caithe and Taimi) to complete the achievement Good to See You.
|Good to See You||End of Dragons: Act 1||2|
|Explore every conversation topic with your friends from Dragons Watch.
||Checked in with 1 of Your Friends from Dragons Watch||1|
|Checked in with Your Friends from Dragons Watch||1|
- Speak to Aurene for the first time. After her dialogue you will be asked to speak to Taimi or, optional, to catch up with Dragon's Watch.
- Speak to Kasmeer, who will open a third dialogue option after going through the first two (3).
- Rytlock has two dialogue options (5).
- Aurene has two additional dialogue options (7).
- Speak to Taimi. After she speaks, you can speak to Caithe (8), Taimi three times (11), and finally Aurene will now unlock one further dialogue option (12). That will complete the achievement.
Letter from Caithe
I know you've been very busy, what with the charr insurrections and killing of Elder Dragons, but I think you might want to pay a visit to the Eye of the North. Something seems to be bothering Aurene.It has been too long. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.
- Taimi: Research log four-twenty-eight. (sigh) Latest results, still inconclusive.
- Taimi: Elder Dragons awaken, consume magic, and leave nothing but annihilation in their wake.
- Taimi: This is the way it's always been. The Dragon Cycle.
- Taimi: Unimaginable suffering through the ages. Countless lives shattered.
- Taimi: And instead of uniting, some capitalized on chaos.
- Taimi: But some of us fought back.
- Taimi: Heroes across Tyria banded together.
- Taimi: We came from different corners, but shared a vision of a better tomorrow.
- Taimi: Not everyone made it.
- Taimi: Then came...hope. From an unexpected place.
- Taimi: Aurene, who we raised from an egg.
- Taimi: With the Prismatic Dragon on our side, we have a chance. A chance to finally break the Dragon Cycle!
- Taimi: We've slain five Elder Dragons.
- Taimi: But what's the right path forward? Every Elder Dragon death has made the whole system more unstable.
- Taimi: There have been many theories. We tried to keep balance by replacing them, but that turned out to be impossible.
- Taimi: We're running out of time for answers. (sigh) I'm running out of time.
- Taimi: One remaining Elder Dragon is out there, somewhere. I don't know what awaits us.
- Aurene: Champion. I need to speak with you. Something's happening and...I'd like to discuss it. In person.
- Aurene: Also, if I'm honest, I wouldn't mind seeing your face. Again, in person. Don't let that go to your head.
Eye of the North
- Speaking with Rytlock (before approaching Aurene)
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander. Sight for sore eyes.
- <Character name>: Thought you might be on a beach somewhere, taking a well-deserved break. Hoped you were.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Probably should. But...not ready yet. Got stuff I need to—what's that word Caithe uses?
- <Character name>: "Process"?
- Rytlock Brimstone: That one. But we got time. Go talk to Aurene first—she's been on pins and needles waiting for you to get here.
- Speaking with Kasmeer (before approaching Aurene)
- <Character name>: Kas! Jory! I was hoping you'd be here.
- Marjory Delaqua: So were we, Commander. Feels good to get back into the flow of things.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Nice to have something to do besides triage. Been a while.
- Marjory Delaqua: But we can talk later. You should go see Aurene first. She's eager to see you.
- Speaking with Taimi (before approaching Aurene)
- <Character name>: Taimi! You look busy.
- Taimi: Hey, Commander! Caithe said you might be coming... Yeah, I'm... Got a lot to do...lots to do...
- Taimi: Where did I... But I do want to talk to you...about Gorrik...
- Taimi: He's... It's...complicated. It can wait. Aurene wants to see you; talk to her first.
- <Character name>: Uh...okay.
- Approaching Aurene
- Aurene: Champion! It's wonderful to see you. Even with Jormag and Primordus gone, I notice Tyria's still standing.
- Aurene: Seems the Exalted were a bit off in their predictions. Disaster hasn't struck...yet.
- <Character name>: The world does feel different though. Can't put my finger on it. Like...change is coming. Real change.
- Aurene: I feel it too, Champion. That's why I wanted to see you.
- Aurene: I've begun to...perceive something. A distant presence. An ancient presence.
- Aurene: It's a ripple in the Mists. Like a dolphin in the deep, sounding to sense what's out there. And I want to respond.
- Aurene: But before I do, I check my visions. All my possible futures converge to one point. Today.
- <Character name>: And you can't see past it.
- Aurene: And I can't see past it.
- <Character name>: Are you sure? Does it mean you die?
- Aurene: I'm not sure of anything. Except my urge to respond. To say, "Yes, I'm here!"
- <Character name>: You're not scared?
- Aurene: I'm intrigued! I'm intensely curious! And even if I die, we know I won't stay dead.
- <Character name>: We think.
- Aurene: Whatever it is, I can handle it. I just wanted to tell you, before it all...begins.
- <Character name>: How does it begin?
- Aurene: I'm not sure, but I know it involves Taimi and Gorrik.
- <Character name>: Then I'll talk to them.
- Speaking with Aurene
- Something on your mind, Champion?
- We have a lot to catch up on.
About your visions...
- Aurene: Right. Remember my visions of our battle with Kralkatorrik?
- <Character name>: They all ended the same: with your death. And you couldn't see past it.
- Aurene: Just like Glint. But of course that was before I...
- <Character name>: Ate an unkillable lich king?
- Aurene: Discovered I can self-resurrect. Glint couldn't. Kralkatorrik couldn't.
- Aurene: Once again, my visions converge. Except I don't see my death in any of them. They just...stop.
- Aurene: Does that mean anything, change anything? Is this time different? I don't know. But I can't wait to find out.
- (After talking to Taimi)
I talked to Taimi...
- <Character name>: Gorrik left to meet up with an old Inquest colleague. Who Taimi doesn't know, doesn't trust. For reasons unclear.
- Aurene: They've worked closely for a while now. And they share a bond of loss.
- Aurene: Years since they lost Blish... But grief heals eventually. Especially when you grieve together.
- <Character name>: None of it seems to have anything to do with you, though.
- Aurene: No. And I still can't see past today. It's exhilarating, not knowing what's coming!
- <Character name>: Maybe for you. Okay. I'm off to Lornar's Pass to save Gorrik's virtue.
- No. Nothing.
- Approaching Taimi
- Caithe: Commander.
- <Character name>: Caithe.
- Taimi: Oh! You're back. That's...good, that's great...
- <Character name>: Is she...?
- Caithe: Something to do with Gorrik.
- Taimi: Yeah... Okay... So, Gorrik and I have been up here doing research, looking for a way to end the dragon cycle–
- Taimi: –'cause who needs that noise every ten thousand years, amirite? So many dead people, and the clean-up is insane–
- Caithe: You were talking about Gorrik.
- Taimi: (deep breath) Right. Gorrik got a message. From an old colleague.
- <Character name>: Ah!
- Taimi: An old Inquest colleague.
- Caithe: Ah.
- Taimi: Ankka. An-kka. He's mentioned her a couple times; I've never met her. Says she was tracking Jormag and Primordus.
- Caithe: Ah?
- <Character name>: Ah.
- Taimi: She has some data; would he like to see it; she'll trade it to us.
- Caithe: For what?
- Taimi: Doesn't specify for what–red flag. Come meet her at Lornar's Pass, alone–second red flag.
- Caithe: So–Ankka–offers him something she knows he'd want, without asking for something in return?
- Taimi: Yes.
- Caithe: Why would she do that?
- Taimi: Exactly.
- Caithe: Ohhhh. She–likes him.
- Taimi: ExACTly.
- Caithe: Why do you care?
- Taimi: I don't know!
- Caithe: But you don't trust her.
- Taimi: Why should I!
- Caithe: Why, indeed...
- <Character name>: I'm sorry–are you...worried for Gorrik's safety?
- Taimi: Yes. I am worried for Gorrik's safety.
- <Character name>: You...want me to go find him at the pass? Bring him back?
- Taimi: ALCHEMY–would you? Please? Thank you, Commander.
- Catching up with Caithe
- Caithe: You came.
- <Character name>: You asked.
- Caithe: I like that you trusted me.
- <Character name>: Why wouldn't I?
- Caithe: I haven't always earned it... Being back at the Grove was different this time.
- Caithe: I know we sylvari tend to come off as sophisticates of the highest order–
- <Character name>: (laughs) Oh, indeed.
- Caithe: But the truth is, even we Firstborn have only been around for thirty-odd years. Our culture is...
- Caithe: Immature. Emotionally. Knowledge, we have–but knowledge and wisdom are different things.
- Caithe: I think back to when I was with Faolain... I don't recognize that person. I had no idea who I was.
- Caithe: But Aurene changed everything. I'm a parent! Of a sort, anyway.
- Caithe: But being back among them, I realized: I don't belong there anymore. My world, my perspective, have...
- <Character name>: Broadened.
- Caithe: I knew you would understand.
- Catching up with Taimi
- Thank you, Commander.
It's good to see you again.
- Taimi: Gang's back together, huh? I mean, not the whole gang, obviously. Rytlock. Kas and Jory.
- Caithe: Taimi–
- Taimi: Braham's at the lodge. Logan's back in Kryta. Canach is with Sayida, Zafirah with the Zaishen–
- Caithe: Taimi!
- Taimi: –Garm is with Braham; Eir and Snaff are dead; I don't know where the heck Zojja is–
- <Character name>: Taimi. I'll get Gorrik. It's going to be okay.
- Taimi: I know.
How is the research going?.
- Taimi: Not bad, considering it's mostly speculation. There's so much we don't know–or don't know we don't know.
- <Character name>: You have Aurene.
- Taimi: And she's been super helpful! But she's only one Elder Dragon–and not exactly typical of the species.
- Taimi: We have so many questions. How did she ascend? Where did the others come from? Are there any more out there?
- Caithe: The Priory thought there was at least one more–the water dragon.
- Taimi: Draconology's an evolving field of study. Hypotheses must be supported by evidence.
- Taimi: They live their lives on a time scale we can barely comprehend. Some days I wonder if they're knowable at all.
- Caithe: But–like you said, we have Aurene.
- <Character name>: And she makes all the difference.
How have you been feeling?
- Taimi: Oh, ups and downs. Could do with fewer of the downs...
- Taimi: Some days I wake up feeling like it's gonna take nine bolts to the brain pan to get me outta bed!
- Taimi: But most days are fine, and we don't need to talk about the other days.
- <Character name>: Have you been getting any rest?
- Caithe: Not enough.
- Taimi: That's not true! ...Okay, yes, that's true. I'm just getting so close to figuring out where all that magic went...
- Taimi: (sigh) That's not a good excuse, though... More rest, fewer symptoms. Fewer symptoms, happier Taimi.
- Gorrik will be okay. Promise.
- Catching up with Lady Kasmeer Meade
- Commander. Good to see you.
Great to see you too.
- <Character name>: Detective Delaqua. And Lady Meade. Or is it Ambassador Meade now?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: No title yet. I managed not to screw up the Icebrood war; queen gave me a little more rope, is all.
- Marjory Delaqua: You helped bring humans and charr together. Got the kodan invested in the fight. And Jennah knows it.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Maybe. Nice to think so.
Let's catch up.
- <Character name>: We haven't had much time to really talk since Bangar's convocation.
- Marjory Delaqua: Oh my gods–the Metal Legion concert...
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Then things got busy.
- Marjory Delaqua: Things have always been busy. Ever since we were tracking Kralkatorrik.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Trying to clean up his mess. Towns destroyed, refugee camps. Close my eyes, I see the faces... It was...a lot.
- Marjory Delaqua: Coming on the heels of Kormir and the other gods leaving us all to fend for ourselves...
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We see how well that's gone.
- (Unlocked after choosing the option "Let's catch up.")
Things have been hard.
- Marjory Delaqua: You're not being fair to y–
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: I was shiny and shallow. A sunbeam.
- Marjory Delaqua: My sunbeam.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Who ran when you needed me most.
- Marjory Delaqua: And I forgave you. A long time ago. You have to forgive yourself.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Working on it.
- Catching up with Rytlock Brimstone
- Ah. Commander. I was just about to head out, so…
Rytlock. How're you holding up? After Ryland...
- Rytlock Brimstone: I've had some time to sit with everything. Spent some time with Cre.
- <Character name>: You never really got to know your son. Not the way you wanted.
- Rytlock Brimstone: No. But I think that's the point. Bangar was right: charr don't have "sons." Cre knew that. Kept her objective.
- Rytlock Brimstone: What I wanted, I was never gonna get from Ryland. It wasn't about him. It was about me. What I need.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I couldn't see past the hole I was trying to fill. More I pushed, the more he pulled away. I made it all worse.
- <Character name>: Ryland was a grown charr; he made his choices.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I know. And I did what had to be done. Now his fight is over. Me...I dunno.
- <Character name>: There's time. You'll figure it out.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Working on it.
Tell me about Crecia. How's she doing?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Things are still tense, but she's good. Great, under the circumstances. Hands full with paperwork. Keeps her busy.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Thinks a couple of the imperators are already vying for Khan-Ur. Hope it doesn't get ugly, we've been through...a lot.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Course I'm biased, but you ask me, they already got a pretty good candidate.
- <Character name>: For what it's worth, I think you're right. Might be time for all of us to put away old divisions.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Mm... Listen to us. Couple old soldiers going soft.
- <Character name>: We fight because we have to. Not because we want to. That was Bangar's mistake.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Psht–add it to the list...
- Rytlock Brimstone: But yeah. Might be time. I think I'm ready to plant my tail in one place for a while. And just...process.
- I'll leave you be.