Captain Mai Trin
Captain Mai Trin
Captain Mai Trin is the (ostensible) leader of the Aetherblades. She was first seen offering her help as a healer during the attack on Dragon Bash, but was later discovered to have planned the attack, hoping to use the death of Captain Theo Ashford to win a seat on the Ship's Council of Lion's Arch. Trin was acting at the behest of Scarlet Briar, who wanted an ally on the Captain's Council for reasons still unknown. Kasmeer Meade speculates that it was so she could weaken the city's defences from within.
Trin was apprehended by Inspector Ellen Kiel in the Aetherblade Retreat and her first mate, Horrik, was killed. She spent time incarcerated in Fort Marriner, but was recently freed by her Aetherblades and taken to the Edge of the Mists, pursued by Braham and Taimi.
- Edge of the Mists
- The Juncture (allied, and only as a hologram)
- Fractals of the Mists
- Aetherblade Retreat
- Lion's Arch
- Teleporting Shot - Mai Trin aims for a short period of time then fires an electrical shot that inflicts damage and blinds the target, teleporting herself to them.
- This shot cannot be dodged, but can still be blocked, reflected, absorbed, or evaded with movement skills.
- If the shot connects, she usually follows with bleeding melee attacks (which can be dodged).
- Electric Blast - Mai Trin stands still for an instant, then rotates and sends out lightning bolts inflicting considerable damage to each affected target.
- Stolen skills
For previous dialogue, see here.
At The Juncture in the Edge of the Mists, speaking with the Veteran Aetherblade Captain and her crew:[verification requested]
- Aetherblades! Muster up! We can't claim this territory if we don't control it. Move out and start conquering!
- I'm not just a pirate captain anymore. Around here, I'm governor, too.
- One of the possible land transformations from the Endless Fractal Tonic.
- Mai Trin is sometimes included in legendary collections:
- Throwing a Jar of Harpy Pheromones at Mai Trin in her boss fractal will award Birding with Mai Trin if Quip I: The Experimental Pistol is active.
- Defeating Mai Trin will reward you with:
- Cat's Grace if Chuka and Champawat III: Tigris is active.
- Mai Trin Airship Weapons Manual if The Predator I: The Experimental Rifle is active.
- Stormlight if you use the Illuminator and Sunrise III: Dawn is active.
- Ode to Mai Trin if you play The Minstrel's Song and The Minstrel III: The Bard is active.
- Mai Trin if you have an Anthology of Villains in your inventory and The Flameseeker Prophecies I: The Experimental Shield is active.
- Aetherized Capacitor if HOPE III: Prototype is active.
- "Mai Trin" is a homophone of "matron", referring to her initial claim of being a healer. "Mai" is also a feminine Japanese name (pronounced "mah-ee") which points toward a Canthan origin for the captain.