Storm Tracking is the fifth part of A Star to Guide Us.
- Relight Balthazar's sword.
- Travel to Sun's Refuge.
- Meet up with the group.
- Reignite Balthazar's sword.
- Speak with Braham.
- Find a portal into the Mists.
- Attach the tracker to Kralkatorrik
- Enter the Mists.
- Find a safe location to set the tracking device.
- Defeat the Branded to clear the area.
- Branded Ambushers remaining: x/4
- Place the sword to begin setting the tracker.
- Blish's Progress
- Blish's Tracker Repair Progress
- Time until storm arrives: 1:30
- Outrun Kralkatorrik
- Escape the Mists on your raptor!
- Deliver the news.
- Travel to Sun's Refuge.
- Meet up with the group.
| Right On Track
|| A Star to Guide Us
| Successfully prevented the Branded from interrupting Blish while setting up the tracker.Story Instance: Storm Tracking
|| 1 Objective completed
- Glint (as voice and echo only)
- Elder Dragons
In Sun's Refuge
- Upon entering Sun's Refuge
- Zafirah: You need better security.
- <Character name>: Apparently. Does this mean you're helping us?
- Zafirah: It means I'm keeping an eye on you. AND the sword.
- Catching up with the team in Sun's Refuge
- Blish: Oh Good, you're here. Now then, let's bring this sword back to life...! Oh, hello.
- Zafirah: You... You can reignite it? How is that possible?
- Braham Eirsson: Uh, Commander! Who's your new friend?
- <Character name>: This is Zafirah. She was a priestess of Balthazar
- Zafirah: And I'm not your friend.
- Braham Eirsson: Um. Nice to meet you too.
- Blish: Introductions can wait—We need to get this sword lit. Rytlock! Do the honors?
- Rytlock Brimstone: (growl) Can do. Stand back.
- Blish: Yes! It worked!
- Taimi: Whoa, hey, where's it going?
- Zafirah: It seeks Balthazar. Senses his magic. I don't understand... Balthazar was never here...
- <Character name>: But Aurene was.
- Zafirah: The sword perceives him... through her? Just who is this dragon of yours?
- Blish: Someone who needs our help. Now—to enter the Mists and attach this tracker to Kralkatorrik.
- Braham Eirsson: Won't be easy. Can't just kick in a door like at Joko's palace.
- Blish: Actually, we can. If the Branded have been exiting through the rifts. It stands to reason we can use them to enter.
- Taimi: What—and get dumped into some random who-knows-where?
- <Character name>: It's the best shot we have. And once we're inside, Glint will protect us... as much as she can, at least.
- Gorrik: I assure you, Blish and I have executed plans far more dangerous than this.
- <Character name>: Rytlock, I need you to enter the Mists and gather as much infromations as possible. Find out how to reverse the damage.
- Rytlock Brimstone: On it.
- Gorrik: Enough talk! Let's get going.
- Blish: No, Gorrik. This time you're staying behind.
- Gorrik: What? Brother! If you think I'm going to sit around while you get firsthand experience with an Elder Dragon—
- Blish: My golem body will keep me safe. But if anything happened to you... I'd never forgive myself.
- Blish: Gorrik. This is going to be hard enough as it is. I won't be able to focus if I'm worried about you. You know I'm right.
- Gorrik: Fine. But when you get back. I want a full report. With diagrams.
- Blish: It's a deal.
- Braham Eirsson: Commander, before you go, can we—
- Braham Eirsson: With everything that's happening, I... may not get another chance.
- <Character name>: You okay, Braham?
- Braham Eirsson: I just wanted to say...well...
- Braham Eirsson: I've been an idiot, I know it. Sometimes I just... don't use my head.
- Braham Eirsson: But no matter what I put you through, you never gave up on me. And I didn't—I was so—
- Braham Eirsson: I mean, you shoulda just knocked some sense into me. Spirits know I deserve it.
- <Character name>: Grief can make us... not ourselves, it's okay.
- Braham Eirsson: It's not okay. It's no way to treat... family. That's what we are, you and me. Family.
- Braham Eirsson: Took me long enough, but I finally got that through my thick head. For now on wherever you go, I'm right behind you.
- <Character name>: Not behind me, Braham. At my side. To the end.
- Braham Eirsson: To the end.
- Blish: Excellent! Now let's get this tracker business dealt with, shall we?
- Blish: Uh, not that I was eavesdropping. Golem aural sensors. Sorry.
- Talking to allies
- Rytlock Brimstone: So... You think my fur is... soft
- Oh no. I... I'm sorry. You weren't supposed to hear that.
- That's not—Listen. Just wanted so say... you know... thanks for noticing.
- Oh. It's, um... it's true, you know. Whatever you're doing, it's working.
- Taimi: Wish I could see Blish's tracker out in the field. The blueprints alone were genius! He's...He's just...
- He's quite a guy.
- Gorrik: Try not to feel too bad if my brother does all the work. You won't understand his methods, so keep out of his way and let his genius flourish. And make sure his arm is working properly. And...
- I'll keep him safe, Gorrik.
- Zefirah: I though the sword was all I had left of him. But now...
- One day you'll meet her. I think she'll like you.
- Kossan Dejarin: You'll be fine. It's only the safety of Elona riding on this mission.
- Braham Eirsson: Good luck out there. Don't kick too much tail without me, okay?
- Wouldn't dream of it.
- Upon entering Venta Pass
- Blish: Okay, let's go over the plan. This tracker will allow us to predict where Kralkatorrik will be, before he pops out.
- Blish: Our mission: Enter the Mists, and get Kralkatorrik to swallow this sword—And the tracker. Step one: find a rift.
- <Character name>: At least that part will be easy.
- Upon finding a rift to the Mists
- Blish: There. This rift should allow us enter to the Mists.
- <Character name>: Well. Here goes nothing. Any last words?
- Blish: Let's not jinx it.
- Upon loading in
- <Character name>: What... what is this?
- Blish: Great machines. It's a full on war between Glint's army and the Branded!
- <Character name>: It's a distraction. Glint is buying us time.
- Blish: Then let's use it to our advantage. We'll have to set the bait further inside, away from the fighting.
- <Character name>: I think I can see a shelter up ahead.
- While finding a safe spot to place the sword
- Branded Awakened Mummy: Balthazar's magic! Seize it!
- <Character name>: Here they come! Don't let them take the sword!
- Upon finding a safe spot
- Blish: Structural fortifications, minimal interference—I think this is our spot. Now to set the bait.
- <Character name>: How much time do we have?
- Glint: Kralkatorrik senses the sword... He's coming for you.
- <Character name>: Glint!
- Blish: All right then. The answer appears to be "very little." Hurry and clear out those Branded!
- Blish: They're just keep coming!
- Blish: Okay, it's now or never. Put the sword in place and I'll get to work on the tracker.
- Upon placing the sword
- Blish: Keep an eye out. The Branded won't make this easy.
- Primeval Mage: No!
- Primeval Mage: A lieutenant broke through our defensive line!
- Blish: I... I'm not finished.
- <Character name>: Put an eye on tracker! I'll keep them off you!
- While putting a tracker on the sword
- Blish: Come on, you piece of junk...
- Blish: Almost there...
- After putting a tracker on the sword
- Blish: It's attached! Come on, give me a signal...
- Blish: Yes! Commander, it's working!
- Glint: Kralkatorrik draws near...
- <Character name>: Glint!
- Blish: He's heading for the sword! We did it!
- Blish: Feel that static? He's coming! Get ready to run!
- Blish: Ahhh! What's going on?! The sword is turning on us!
- <Character name>: Balthazar's magic! It's reacting to Kralkatorrik!
- Blish: I'll try to fix the tracker. Can you hold out a little longer?
- <Character name>: Don't worry about me—Just get it working!
- While Blish's fixing the tracker
- <Character name>: How are we doing over there, Blish?
- Blish: The damage to the power core is extensive. I need more time.
- <Character name>: We don't have more time! Hurry!
- Blish: I'm trying!
- Glint: You must escape... Retreat...
- <Character name>: Blish, we've got to get out of here!
- Blish: The power source—I can't get it to work!
- Glint: Go... now...
- Blish: Yes, go, I'll handle it. Go, Commander! Get out of here!
- <Character name>: What?
- Blish I'm a machine, remember? He can't Brand me.
- Blish: You're mortal. You need to get to safety.
- <Character name>: I'm not leaving without you!
- Blish: Come back for me when the storm passes. We've come too far to give in now.
- <Character name>: Blish—
- Blish: I'll be fine, Commander! Go!
- While escaping the Mists
- Blish: So... don't be mad. I lied.
- <Character name>: What? What are you saying?
- Blish: The power source is dead. Can't fix it. But my golem power can power the tracker, indefinitely.
- Blish: I just have to... take my higher functions offline. Permanently.
- <Character name>: Wait, what? No! At the docks, Gorrik said—
- Blish: I know—but I'm just one person. We're talking about the end of the world. If I can buy you time to stop Kralkatorrik, then—
- <Character name>: No! There HAS to be another way. I'm not letting you do this!
- Blish: With all due respect, Commander, it's not up to you.
- Blish: Take care of Gorrik. Tell him—tell him his big brother is sorry. And... Taimi, too.
- Blish: After you beat Kralkatorrik, keep fighting- until you've made a world worthy of them.
- Blish: And...stop keeping secrets from each other. All of you.
- <Character name>: I...don't understand...
- Glint: You can make it. Jump.
- Blish: I'm... enterning the eye of the storm. I'll be shutting down higher functions now. Wish me luck.
- Blish: Oh, sparks... Kralkatorrik... He's—
- <Character name>: Blish? Blish!
- Glint: I have opened a rift. Hurry.
- <Character name>: It's too far.
- Glint: Jump. NOW.
- Upon leaving the Mists
- <Character name>: Blish, say something!
- <Character name>: Blish...
- Taimi: Commander? Commander, come in! Are you okay?
- <Character name>: I'm... I'm fine. But—
- Taimi: I'm getting a signal from the tracker! Come on back, you two. We're gonna celebrate in style!
At Sun's Refuge
- Upon entering a portal to Sun's Refuge
- Gorrik: You did it, Commander! We're receiving a signal from the tracker!
- Taimi: Wait... where's—
- Gorrik: I had my doubts about whether the sword's magnetic pull would—
- <Character name>: Gorrik, there is something I need to—
- Gorrik: —Would still be functional, but like always, Blish was one hundred percent correct. I don't—
- <Character name>: Listen to me. Blish had to—
- Gorrik: —Don't know how I ever doubted him. Blish can do anything he puts his mind to—
- Taimi: Gorrik. Please.
- Gorrik: Did he say anything?
- <Character name>: He said he's sorry.
- Gorrik: But I saved him.
- Taimi: Gorrik, wait.
- Braham Eirsson: Let him go.
- <Character name>: There is something else. He said... we need to stop keeping secrets from each other.
- Taimi: Blish... I guess it's time.
- A cinematic starts playing
- Taimi: I wasn't ready to tell you, but, um... My... condition—it's not in remission anymore. It's getting worse.
- Braham Eirsson: Worse how?
- Taimi: Sometimes the pain is so bad I can hardly focus. I can't calculate how much time I have, but... (sniff) There is an end.
- Taimi: Blish was the only one I told. I thought he might be able to help me stay here for longer, but now he's...
- Braham Eirsson: Taimi... If we had known...
- Taimi: Blish sacrificed himself to give us time to stop Kralkatorrik. That's our priority.
- Braham Eirsson: Do you ever slow down?
- Taimi: Hey, we have a job to do.
- Taimi: But there is no way we can do this without Aurene. We have to find her.
- Braham Eirsson: How? She didn't exactly leave a note.
- Familiar Voice: I think I can help with that.
- Caithe: The priestess was right. You do need better security.
- Caithe: We have a lot to talk about, don't we?
- Speaking to allies
- Taimi: I still have the energy to fight Kralkatorrik. Just... please let me help.
- Forget that for now. You've dealt with so much. I want to be here for you.
- Taimi: I can't stop thinking about Blish. He seemed so invincible. I finally had him back, for good. And now...
- Taimi: He could have lived forever in that golem body! How could he just throw that away?
- He could have lived forever in that golem body! How could he just throw that away?
- He cared for you. Your life was precious to him, regardless of the length.
- Taimi: He chose to help a lot of people, despite the cost. His life meant something. His death meant something.
- Taimi: That's powerful, isn't it? I just... I just hope I get a chance like that.
- I'm sorry.
- You will always be a part of our team, Taimi. We need you.
- Braham Eirsson: Hey... I know you're beating yourself up about Blish. But he gave his life to save the world. We should all be so lucky.
- Braham Eirsson: It's like that thing the Olmakhan say: his memory is a star to guide us.
- Zafirah: I'm sorry about your friend. His choice was a noble one. You should grieve, yes—but be proud of him.
- Zafirah: In my priesthood, we tend a hearth for six days to honor the fallen. If you want, I can...
- <Character name>: I'd like that.
- Zafirah: If there is anything you need, let me know.
- Can I ask you about your past?
- Zafirah: No, you can't.
- Thank you, Zafirah
- Caithe: You want answers. Let people grieve for a while—We will talk soon enough.
In order to attach the tracking device to Kralkatorrik, Blish requires a strong source of magic to use as bait - Balthazar's sword. Using Sohothin, Rytlock and I reignited the sword, activating its magic and pushing our plan into action. Now it's time to enter the Mists and attract Kralkatorrik using the sword - ultimately tricking him into swallowing the tracker.
After finding a safe place for Blish to attach the tracker to Balthazar's sword, I defended him from an onslaught of Branded while Kralkatorrik closed in on us. When his storm drew close, Balthazar's sword lashed out and broke the tracker's power source. In order to ensure the tracker maintained power indefinitely, Blish shut down his higher functions and attached his golem body to the tracker and sword, sacrificing himself for the sake of our mission.
I outran Kralkatorrik as Blish spoke his final words. Our mission ended successfully - but at the cost of Blish's life.
With the tracker properly attached, I made my way back to Sun's Refuge to inform Gorrik of his brother's sacrifice. On hearing the news of Blish's final message, Taimi revealed the progression of her terminal illness, and Caithe finally revealed that she was watching us from the shadows for some time - and she may know how to find Aurene.
— My story
- This episode was released with the September 18th, 2018 update.