- 1332 AE
- Living World Season 4
- War Eternal
- The Auditorium
Melandru's Lost Domain
Fissure of Woe
The Auditorium loading screen.
Dragonflight loading screen.
Dragonfall loading screen.
Go to Aurene to help Caithe prepare the body.
- Board the airship to Thunderhead Keep from Lion's Arch.
- Return to Aurene.
- Speak with your friends.
- Approach Caithe.
- Use Resonating Blast to weaken the Brand.
- Use Resonating Blast to destroy the Brand crystals.
- Join Aurene and pursue Kralkatorrik in the Mists.
- Listen to Aurene.
- Prepare to confront Kralkatorrik.
- "Inform" Kralkatorrik of your presence.
- Avoid the debris.
- Prepare to follow Kralkatorrik through the portal.
- Learn what Kralkatorrik is doing in the Mists.
- Avoid the debris.
- Attack Kralkatorrik.
- Prepare to follow Kralkatorrik through the portal.
Chase down Kralkatorrik.
- Let Aurene fly into position.
- Use Aurene's shield to protect yourself from Kralkatorrik's tail.
- Launch another attack against Kralkatorrik.
- Prepare to follow Kralkatorrik through the portal.
Force Kralkatorrik out of the Mists.
- Formulate a plan with Aurene.
- Create a portal to force Kralkatorrik back into Tyria.
- Attack the Crystal Dragon with all your might.
Regroup with your allies.
- Address your allies.
- Meet with Rox and Braham.
- Meet with Caithe and Zaeim.
- Dragonite Ore (5)
- Gilded Strongbox
- Bag of Loot (5)
- Volatile Magic (consumed automatically for 100 Volatile Magic)
- Pamphlet of Wisdom
A short dialogue with Caithe will occur after beginning the episode. When the dialogue is over, head to Claw Island Portage Waypoint — and head to Kiel's airship, Phoenix Dawn to enter the instance. Alternatively, If you have unlocked the previous living world episode, you can go in by using Observation Deck Waypoint — and entering into The Forge.
When in the instance, walk down the path with Braham to Aurene's body (walking will be enforced by Solemn on the Commander). After a short dialogue between the various NPCs, Caithe will begin removing the Branded spikes. Aurene's body will begin to glow and a heartbeat heard momentarily. After a brief dialogue from the Zephyrites, Caithe, and the Commander, there will appear a small white circle. Stand on it to trigger the special action skill Resonating Blast and use the skill on Aurene. Caithe's flowers from the previous episode will regrow. Use Resonating Blast again to fully revive Aurene. After a bit more dialogue between the group and Aurene, the dragon will open a portal to the Mists. Interact to enter a new instance.
Before entering the instance, make sure that the Turn Left/Right keys are bound in easy reach, as the Strafe Left/Right keys don't work for controlling Aurene's flight.
In the Mists, the Commander will be mounted on Aurene. Most of this instance has forced, scripted movement; these moments will be telegraphed with Dragonflight. Players will get four skills, which are initially locked, and will unlock during the course of the instance. Players joining in on the instance will be granted different skills that support the main player (see below). During this instance, Aurene and the Commander chase down Kralkatorrik, showing off his full body for the first time ever. After a brief dialogue, the instance owner's first skill will unlock, and Kralkatorrik's Weak Point will pop up on his face where his eye once was. Use the skill on the weakpoint to trigger the next scene. Kralkatorrik will then spawn shattered crystal meteors to attack Aurene and the Commander. Dodge these by going left or right. Kralkatorrik will then open a portal and go into a new section of the Mists, Melandru's domain, where he breaks apart the land to send giant chunks of rock at Aurene and the Commander. Dodge these rocks by going left or right like the crystal meteors, until the weak points are exposed again. After damaging them enough, Kralkatorrik will open a new rift this time going into the Underworld. Kralkatorrik will then swipe his tail; the second skill unlocks, blocking damage from the tail. Kralkatorrik will then shatter more land and his weakpoints will be exposed. Strike them to weaken him again and he will open yet another portal to a domain of the gods: Balthazar's Fissure of Woe. The third skill will unlock, to open a portal to Tyria. After using it twice all skills will lock, and the fourth skill will unlock. Use this skill on Kralkatorrik's left wing when it becomes available a cinematic will play, ending the episode.
Dying in the second instance will reset to the beginning of the current section of the Mists.
- Party leader skills (consecutively unlocked during the event)
|1||Dragon's Fury||¼||Fire a signficant amount of Aurene's Magic|
|2||Crystalline Shield||3||Aurene will create a crystalline shield to protect you.|
|3||Open Portal||Open a portal to send Kralkatorrik back to Tyria!|
|4||Dragon's Wrath||4||Fire a devastating magical attack at Kralkatorrik.|
- Party member skills (all unlocked when Dragon's Fury is unlocked.)
|1||Scion Strike||Fire a minuscule charge of Aurene's magic.|
|2||Crystalline Renewal||10||Help Aurene fight Kralkatorrik by granting her life-restoring energy.|
|3||Crystalline Reverberation||60||Help Aurene fight Kralkatorrik by gaining her destructive power.|
|The End||War Eternal||0|
|Discover how to move forward.Journal: The End Completed||Completed The End||0|
- Complete the mission.
|Salt on the Wound||War Eternal||1|
|Successfully inflict 10 wounds on Kralkatorrik during The End.Story Instance: The End||Worked Together to Wound Kralkatorrik||1|
- You will have two opportunities to attack Kralkatorrik's weak spots: once in Melandru's Realm, and again in the Underworld.
- Eligibility may be tracked via Eligibility: Salt on the Wound. It will check for completion of this achievement upon entering Balthazar's realm, the Fissure of Woe.
- You cannot switch targets by tabbing; they must be clicked manually.
- If you fail and it is not your first playthrough, i.e. you're re-attempting this mission, log out to Character Select to reattempt the achievement. This will not work during a first playthrough because the game automatically saves your progress each time you move to a new God Realm. Repeated attempts should thus be done after completing the episode. (Replay the episode and approach the instance entrance southwest of Claw Island Portage Waypoint — and choose the option Replay Dragonflight for achievements?)
- For a step-by-step approach:
- Let the scripted events play out, then target the Weak Point on Kralkatorrik's eye to fire Dragon's Fury.
- Use your movement keys to dodge 2 waves of Branded debris.
- Kralkatorrik will open a portal into Melandru's realm, and shatter an island.
- Ignore the incoming debris.
- Instead immediately turn your camera down and back. Start targeting and firing Dragon's Fury at the Weak Point on the right side of the tail.
- Each Weak Point takes three hits to destroy. When you see Aurene firing the third shot, switch targets while the projectile is mid-flight to save time.
- During this on-rails section, focus on one target, then move on to ones further ahead.
- While flying under Kralkatorrik, you can still hit the Weak Points far forwards, on his head.
- Once Aurene reaches the front, Kralkatorrik will enter the Underworld.
- Use Crystalline Shield to block two tail swipes, and an incoming wave of debris.
- Aurene will fly to the left wing, where more targets will appear.
- Destroy as many as possible, focusing on targets to the right, in the direction of Aurene's flight.
- Extra party members can help by using Crystalline Reverberation, which increases the party leader's damage, allowing them to destroy Weak Spots in only two hits. This ability lasts for 15 seconds, and the cooldown is too lengthy to allow its use more than once per section, so time it wisely. It also does not stack, so multiple party members will have to coordinate.
- This achievement unlocks when entering Balthazar's Realm.
- Note: All participating party members will unlock the achievement on success.
At the Auditorium
- Whispers Creator
- Vigil Marksman
- Vigil Recruit
- Vigil Tactician
- Whispers Keeper
- Whispers Agent
- Priory Researcher
- Priory Scholar
- Priory Arcanist
In the open world
- Caithe: Commander?
- <Character name>: Caithe. Where are you?
- Caithe: We're still in Thunderhead Keep. With Aurene's— With Aurene. What are you doing?
- <Character name>: I don't know. I feel like...like I have to tell them what happened. Divinity's Reach, Lion's Arch, Black Citadel—
- Caithe: Tell them what? It's over.
- Caithe: Please. She... I need you.
- If in Thunderhead Peaks:
- <Character name>: All right. Be there soon.
- <Character name>: I'll take an airship out of Lion's Arch. Be there soon.
At the Auditorium
Entering the Auditorium:
- <Character name>: Hey.
- Braham Eirsson: Hey. Do we have a, uh...?
- <Character name>: No.
- <Character name>: I've got nothing.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah...
- <Character name>: How is everyone?
- Braham Eirsson: See for yourself.
- Sayida the Sly: Standing in front of Kralk like that... She went out like a true Corsair.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: No. Like a true soldier.
- Sayida the Sly: Oh, Commander. I uh...I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say.
- <Character name>: It's all right.
- Logan Thackeray: I feel like I should be saluting you.
- <Character name>: Thank you, Logan.
- Radiance: Commander. We're here to pay our final respects. We've been singing to her since before she was born.
- Radiance: It seems only fitting we sing for her one last time as we prepare for the end of all things.
Upon reaching Aurene:
- Taimi: You made it.
- Caithe: Oh, thank you.
- Caithe: It's...so hard to...
- <Character name>: We'll get through this together.
- Gorrik: I don't see how. Kralkatorrik is in the Mists. Devouring everything he can. He won.
- Taimi: Gorrik...
- Zafirah: He's right.
- Rytlock Brimstone: We failed. Again.
- Rytlock Brimstone: AGAIN.
- Braham Eirsson: The commander will figure something out. Always does.
- <Character name>: No, Braham. Not this time.
- <Character name>: It's over. Caithe and I will tend to Aurene. The rest of you...
- <Character name>: You should be with the ones you love.
- Braham Eirsson: We are.
- Taimi: Yeah. We are.
- Rytlock Brimstone: What they said.
- <Character name>: Whatever time we have left...it's a gift. Aurene gave it to us.
- Zafirah: Does that even matter?
- Caithe: It matters.
- Caithe: Please. I can't look at her like this anymore.
- <Character name>: Let's get these crystals off her.
- Radiance: We can weaken the Brand. It would be an honor.
- <Character name>: What is that?
- Caithe: I don't know, but I feel...something.
- Radiance: We feel it, too.
- <Character name>: Yes. Yes. It's like...
- Caithe: ...an echo.
- Caithe: Commander, please. (If idle too long.)
After using the special skill:
- Caithe: (gasp)
- Taimi: Caithe!
- Gorrik: Impossible.
- Taimi: Your flowers!
- <Character name>: Everyone, stand back!
- Rytlock Brimstone: What is this? What are you doing?
- Taimi: Commander, what's happening?
- Braham Eirsson: She's glowing?
- Gorrik: What are you waiting for, Commander? (If idle too long.)
After using the special skill again:
- Aurene: My...champion...
- Gorrik: How? HOW?
- Radiance: The scion speaks!
- Rox: Incredible...
- Zafirah: Spirit of Balthazar...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Well, burn me.
- Taimi: Aurene... How?
- Aurene: Eating a lich...has its...advantages.
- Taimi: Oh... Ha!
- Taimi: ALCHEMY! DRAGONS EAT MAGIC! Ha-HA!
- Braham Eirsson: Ha. HA! HA HA HA!
- Braham Eirsson: PRAISE JOKO!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Kept us waiting long enough.
- Aurene: Brand...in heart. Hard to...mend.
- Caithe: Aurene, please, you must relax.
- Aurene: No time to. Kralk...atorrik. S-stop him!
- Rox: But...how would this be any different? Won't we just fail again?
- Aurene: WE DID NOT FAIL. We LEARNED.
- Zafirah: She had to die. "For this was the fire of courage..."
- Aurene: "And so did they...follow their god into battle."
- Zafirah: "Without fear or hesitation."
- Aurene: Now we must ride...scion and champion. Flush Kralkatorrik...from the Mists.
- Taimi: Right! If he dies in the Mists, that's it. His magic is gone. And so is Tyria.
- Aurene: Yes. My vision came true. And so must his.
- Taimi: Gorrik! Send the commander the—
- Gorrik: Kralk telemetry coming your way.
- Gorrik: Do NOT let him get away this time.
- <Character name>: We won't.
- <Character name>: Logan. Can you meet us on the other side?
- Logan Thackeray: If we know where you're steering him, the Pact will be there to finish the fight.
- Rox: We'll coordinate with Gorrik and Taimi. Today, the whole world joins Dragon's Watch.
- Radiance: Go, Scion. Finish the song we started.
- Aurene: I will. I promise.
- Aurene: It's time, Champion. Are you ready?
In the Mists
Entering the Mists:
- <Character name>: It's so...empty.
- Aurene: Eaten. By him...
- Aurene: There.
- <Character name>: He's still bleeding badly. We almost killed him in the keep.
- Aurene: Almost. Let's drive him back to Tyria and finish the job.
- Glint's Echo: Remember—the scion cannot succeed without you.
- <Character name>: Glint!
- Aurene: Grandfather. Look at me.
- <Character name>: Whoa!
- <Character name>: He's not happy to see you!
- Aurene: DEFINITELY not happy to see me!
- Glint's Echo: With you, Champion, I share my true legacy—and Kralkatorrik's greatest secret.
- Aurene: Shattered crystal—watch out for those!
- <Character name>: He's opening a portal! Keep on him!
Entering the first portal:
- <Character name>: Where's he going?
- Aurene: He's hungry.
- <Character name>: For what? More magic?
- Aurene: For everything. Watch out!
- <Character name>: Don't let those hit you!
- Aurene: I know!
- Aurene: It's healing him.
- <Character name>: Can't have that. bring us in!
- Glint's Echo: He foresaw the possibility of a world at peace. A world without strife between dragons and mortals. A world without him.
- <Character name>: That did it!
- Aurene: Another portal!
- <Character name>: We can't lose him! Hurry!
Entering the second portal:
- Aurene: The Underworld. We keep going.
- <Character name>: Aurene—his tail!
- Aurene: I'll protect us. Get ready!
- <Character name>: Whoa!
- Aurene: Watch out!
- <Character name>: He's hungry, all right.
- Aurene: He's had enough.
- Aurene: (growl)
- Aurene: (ROAR)
- Aurene: (angry roar)
- <Character name>: Oh no you don't!
Entering the third portal:
- <Character name>: Reminds me of—
- Aurene: Balthazar. The Fissure of Woe.
- <Character name>: He's going to familiar places... How exactly are we getting him back to Tyria?
- Aurene: I'll open a portal.
- <Character name>: Better make it a big one.
- Aurene: (angry roar)
- <Character name>: Damn it! Try again!
- Aurene: (snarl) Too quick!
- <Character name>: Let's clip his wings.
- Glint's Echo: A better world is waiting to be born.
- <Character name>: There! Give it everything you've got!
- In the cinematic, Aurene successfully severs one of Kralkatorrik's wings and opens a portal, making him, the severed wing and islands of various god realms fall into the Unending Ocean, creating a landmass known as Dragonfall while the Pact watches on from airships over the ocean.
Upon approaching Rytlock:
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander. We followed the tracker. And here you are.
- Gorrik: And there's Kralkatorrik! Pinned—under islands ripped out of the Mists! This is incredible!
- Logan Thackeray: I thought we'd lost.
- <Character name>: We all did. And maybe the world WILL end. But right now, right here, we've got a second chance.
- Taimi: All because of you, Aurene!
- Aurene: Now the real fight begins. It's not over yet. He's badly wounded, but I have to keep him down.
- Aurene: Lean on each other. I'll work the sky; you work the ground.
- <Character name>: Listen. We're making this up as we go along. Now what've we got?
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Us, obviously. And the Olmakhan.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Caithe, Zafirah, and Zaeim rallied their own army. Came in on the Corsair ships.
- Sayida the Sly: Glint's forces are massing to our south, but no sign of Glint herself.
- Sayida the Sly: Logan, your ancestor says she'd like to see you.
- Logan Thackeray: Uh...okay.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: You'll need a base of operations. I'll fortify this outcrop. Give it teeth!
- Gorrik: ONE of us needs to scout this place. These are fragments of the Mists—anything and everything could be on them!
- Taimi: Plus, we need to map Kralk's position and vulnerabilities. You have to send us out, Commander.
- Sayida the Sly: Actually, Taimi, I could use you on my ship.
- Taimi: Plank-counting and thumb-twiddling. ...Fun.
- Sayida the Sly: More like survey and patrol. You can keep an eye on Aurene, map the coastline...help with cannons...
- Taimi: Oh. Okay!
- <Character name>: Gorrik, stay with Almorra and Canach. I'll talk to our other armies, then get you whatever information you need.
- Gorrik salutes <Character name>.
Upon approaching Braham and Rox:
- Braham Eirsson: You okay? Is there something you wanted to tell me?
- Rox: Yeah... But not now. Not here.
- Rox: Commander!
- Rox: I'd like to take the Olmakhan west. Build a beachhead. Unless you've got other plans?
- <Character name>: Works for me.
- Braham Eirsson: I'll see if Taimi needs anything. Make sure she's okay.
Upon approaching Caithe and Zaeim:
- Caithe: They're calling themselves the Order of the Crystal Bloom. I tried to talk them out of it, but...
- Spearmarshal Zaeim: Aurene saved them, so they've come to fight for her. I couldn't say no.
- <Character name>: Where's Zafirah?
- Caithe: She left as soon as we landed. Said something about slow arrows not striking their mark. Think she'll be alright?
- Spearmarshal Zaeim: She's a priestess of the god of war. If anyone can take care of herself, it's her.
- Spearmarshal Zaeim: Commander, you'll need a force on the far side of these islands. The Crystal Bloom could be that force.
- <Character name>: Go. And good luck.
- Skills will be replaced with Locked until they are unlocked.
- Players assisting during this mission will be represented as spirits floating alongside the party leader during the second part. The instance owner will gain the Bound in Spirit effect. Party members are not able to move individually, but can target weak points separately.
- Assistants will be given three skills. The first is similar to the main player's main attack, while the third is a more powerful blast with a very long recharge. The second skill is a healing skill which is only useful to regain health after failing to dodge rocks, as Kralkatorrik will always one-shot Aurene if he connects.
- Whereas the party leader's skills are unlocked throughout the course of the event, assistants have access to all of their skills immediately.
- Given that the model for Kralkatorrik was so big it exceeded the game plane, the devs worked around the issue by shrinking everything, including Aurene and the player character. During the instance, the player character is approximately 5% of normal size.