2 1 15 3
Draconis Mons is a zone in the Ring of Fire Islands. It is a hollow volcanic island on the northwest edge of the island chain, submerged until being forced to the surface by the Elder Dragon Primordus tunnelling underneath. The druids have long watched over this area, having created a nature sanctuary when the island was still beneath the waves; in 1173 AE, the few survivors of the chak attack on Rata Novus fled here, to a colony still in development called Rata Arcanum. Zinn created a device to terraform the area for the benefit of Rata Arcanum, but the druids reacted violently and slaughtered them all. The colony has since been reappropriated by the Inquest.
Perhaps due to Primordus' corrupting presence below, the Sulphuric Water that floods the lower levels of the cavern is acidic and boils fiercely, and will quickly kill the unwary swimmer.
Like most of the Living World Season 3 zones, Draconis Mons is not directly connected to neighboring areas. In order to reach it, one can use one of the following methods:
- Complete the Flashpoint instance Taimi's Pet Project - the first story step of Episode 5 from Living World Season 3. Then you must start the next story step Arrival and Survival. Once you land on Draconis Mons a waypoint will be accessible from outside the story.
- Use a Draconis Mons Portal Scroll.
- Use a Teleport to Friend while having unlocked the area on the account.
This map has three floors visible on the world map.
- Bottom floor - Characters enter the map at Mariner Landing, which is at sea-level in the southwest corner. To move to the level above, travel anti-clockwise (east) up the slope into Savage Rise.
- Middle floor - Split into two heart areas: Savage Rise (#1, to the east), and Ancient Hollow (#2, to the north). Ancient Hollow is primarily reached from above.
- Top floor - Split into another two heart areas: Heathen's Hold (#3, to the northeast), and Rata Arcanum (#4, to the west). To the west of Heathen's Hold is a hole in the ground through which one can glide down to Ancient Hollow.
- Unbound Magic is found throughout the map and is dropped by various enemies and events.
- Fire Orchid Blossoms can be gathered from Primordial Orchid nodes throughout the map and as event rewards. The 4 renown heart vendors will also sell a bundle of 3 Fire Orchid Blossom for karma once the heart is completed, available once for each character daily. These are needed to buy special items from renown heart vendors.
- Ancient Asuran Power Sources drop from several events and can be purchased from renown heart vendors. These track down and open Zinn's Stashes hidden throughout the zone.
- Chase down and slay the treasure mushroom!
- Deactivate portals to stop the Inquest looters
- Defeat the champion jungle skelk
- Defeat the champion wind rider
- Defeat the grub gobbler
- Defeat the mushroom emperor (80) [Group Event]
- Disrupt the caravan traveling between the mercenaries and the Inquest (x2)
- Escort the Vigil squad to the ancient ruins (80)
- Help escort the hatchlings away from the scouting party
- Keep mercenaries from charging the lava with bloodstone magic
- Kill the bloodstone-charged lava wurm (80) [Group Event]
- Kill the champion webby mother
- Kill the Devourer Champion
- Repel the aggressive mercenaries
- Use Inquest keypads to shut down the Inquest's gate
- Defeat the Inquest champion (80) [Group Event]
- Map meta events
- Cull the destroyers
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore/Rich Mithril Vein
- Orichalcum Ore
- Palm Sapling
- Ancient Sapling
- Primordial Orchid
- Jungle Plants
- Sawgill Mushrooms
- Recipe: Magnanimous Sharpening Stone from Tactician Tunelle at Savage Rise
- Recipe: Magnanimous Maintenance Oil from Tactician Tunelle at Savage Rise
- Recipe: Magnanimous Tuning Crystal from Tactician Tunelle at Savage Rise
- Recipe: Superior Rune of Nature's Bounty from Escaped Prisoner Arissea at Heathen's Hold
- Recipe: Superior Sigil of Bounty from Escaped Prisoner Arissea at Heathen's Hold
- Although they are both located in the Fire Island region, Draconis Mons and Ember Bay have different character select backgrounds.
- Experience earned will go towards Heart of Maguuma masteries.
- Fire Orchid Blossoms must be in character inventory, not the bank, to be used for map collections and events, but can be used at vendors from the account bank.
Skimmer in the Western Boiling Sea
- In Latin, Draconis Mons means "Dragon's Mountain" or "Mountain of the Dragon".
- The map was originally named Mantlerock Scald during development, but was later changed due to feeling too unrealistic. The current name was inspired by Olympus Mons, the largest volcano on Mars.