Click to enlarge
Bad Blood is the third story step of Prologue: Bound by Blood, the prologue episode of The Icebrood Saga.
- Head to the brig.
- Meet Braham in his cell.
- Accompany Braham to the warden.
- Help take Rytlock's concerns to Crecia and Bangar.
- Enter Bangar's office.
- Speak with Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer.
- Witness the confrontation between Rytlock and Bangar.
- Meet up with Rytlock and Crecia.
- Debrief with Rytlock.
- Defeat the thugs.
| Swift Justice
||Prologue: Bound by Blood
|Defeat the charr thugs in under thirty seconds.Story Instance: Bad Blood
||Defeated the Charr Thugs in Under Thirty Seconds
- Approaching the brig
- Brig Guard: What are you doing? You can't just stroll in here and—
- <Character name>: I'm here to pick up a friend of mine. Braham Eirsson. Tribune Stoneglow authorized it.
- Brig Guard: Who—oh, the norn. He's in the first-floor cell. Straight ahead.
- Entering Braham's cell
- Braham Eirsson: Uh... hey, Commander. Thanks for...you know...coming to get me.
- if norn:
- <Character name>: Least you had fun, right? Let's get you out of here.
- <Character name>: At least you enjoyed yourself, right? Let's get you out of here.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah, just...let me stand up...slowly...
- Accompanying Braham to the warden
- Braham Eirsson: I don't think I'm a very good diplomat.
- <Character name>: Hey, you didn't start any fights. That I know of.
- Braham Eirsson: But I finished one. It's okay, I'm okay. Ryland told them what happened. I was just gonna sleep it off...
- Meeting the warden
- Warden Strongdoom: There's the troublemaker. I've never seen someone vomit that much before. Your things are on the rack.
- Braham Eirsson: Uh... where's my bow?
- Warden Strongdoom: Everything you had on you is in that bin. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Braham Eirsson: You sure? You didn't see a big curved thing with arrows?
- Warden Strongdoom: I know what a bow is. And you didn't have one.
- Braham Eirsson: Oh no...!
- <Character name>: Okay. Don't panic. If we retrace your steps, I'm sure we'll -
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander, a word? Just stopped some charr from roughing up one of Almorra's Vigil.
- <Character name>: Lot of that going around.
- Rytlock Brimstone: You can feel the violence in the air. Storm's gathering. Need to talk to Crecia and Bangar before things get too out of hand
- Rytlock Brimstone: Meet me at Bangar's office. Probably better if it comes from the both of us.
- Braham Eirsson: Don't worry about me! I'll go...look for Jory. Find my bow.
- Outside Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer's Office
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: They would have killed him if Brimstone hadn't stepped in!
- <Character name>: What's going on in there?
- Crecia Stoneglow: A difference of opinions.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Humans. So fragile. Sometimes we forget
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: You have a problem with my people? Take it up with me, you don't send your thugs to rough 'em up!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: I think you overestimate my influence, Almorra.
- Crecia Stoneglow: The floor is yours.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Great.
- Inside Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer's Office
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Rytlock. I thought I said alone.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Hearing some old growls in young voices out there, sir.
- <Character name>: We're concerned.
- If charr:
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Go on.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Not your problem. Or his, anymore.
- Rytlock Brimstone: They're—excited. That speech really riled 'em up.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Then it's doing its job.
- <Character name>: I've heard it too. Your people are angry. Scared, maybe.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Why wouldn't they be? Your dragon—
- Rytlock Brimstone: Aurene's just part of it, Cre. You said it yourself: Kralk's gone. Now nobody knows where to point their weapons.
- <Character name>: Imperator, you have the perfect platform. Remind the legions that the other races aren't your enemies.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: If it's not an Elder Dragon, it's something else. Ghosts. Human separatists.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: You're too young to remember, but our "allies" used to hunt us like animals...
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Trimmed armor with our fur. Wore our horns on their helmets.
- <Character name>: That was a long time ago.
- If charr:
- Bangar Ruinbringer: You should know better. Lucky you've got an Elder Dragon at your command.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Easy for you to say. With an Elder Dragon at your command, who would stand against you?
- <Character name>: She's not at my co—
- Rytlock Brimstone: Nobody's gonna break that treaty unless you break it first.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Rytlock.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: A little fear's healthy. Keeps us sharp. Keeps us safe.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Not if it turns. Let me look into it. I care about our people. Our future.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: So much you never show your face.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm here now.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Nobody wants you here. Cub.
- Rytlock Brimstone: You're the one who ordered me here!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Sentimentality. For a second, I forgot what you really are.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Your tribune!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: My disappointment. Good thing your cub had me for a "father."
- (Crecia turns her eyes to the side. Rytlock grimaces and punches Bangar who touches his jaw and smirks before punching Rytlock in return. Rytlock responds by attacking Bangar and overcomes him, forcing the imperator beneath him.)
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Look whose fangs finally came in.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Go ahead. Be imperator. All you have to do is rip out my throat.
- (Bangar raises his head and smiles. Rytlock glances at Crecia, who frowns slightly with a hint of concern in her eyes, before his focus returns to Bangar. He lets go of the imperator and backs down.)
- Rytlock Brimstone: Don't want it. Don't want anything from you.
- (Crecia straightens up while Bangar stands up. The imperator casts a side glance at her.)
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Told you this would happen.
- Crecia Stoneglow: You wanted this to happen. You made it happen.
- (Bangar's eyes shift as he frowns before a stoic look returns to his face and his voice turns more formal.)
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Dismissed.
- After Rytlock Brimstone and Crecia Stoneglow have left the office
- Bangar Ruinbringer: I gotta know. Which one's harder for you to keep in line: Rytlock or the dragon?
- <Character name>: He's in good standing with the other legions. He could be your eyes, your ears...
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Oughtta skin him myself. Don't need to wait around for his buddy Thackeray to do it for me.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: You can show yourself out.
- After meeting back up with Rytlock Brimstone and Crecia Stoneglow
- Rytlock Brimstone: Could've back me up in there.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Charr close ranks when pushed into unfamiliar territory. You know this.
- <Character name>: If Bangar doesn't address what's happening...
- Crecia Stoneglow: Either bring me evidence of a credible threat, or find some other way to make yourselves useful.
- Crecia Stoneglow: I'll...talk to Bangar. After he's has some time to cool off. Lay low until then.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Just like old times.
- Debriefing with Rytlock Brimstone
- <Character name>: If he hates you so much, how are you still a tribune?
- Rytlock Brimstone: "Sentimentality."
- <Character name>: You're not exactly close.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Not for a long time. When Cre and I were cubs...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Don't like it here. Too many memories.
- Rytlock Brimstone: She always wondered what he'd do without a war to fight. Guess now we get to find out.
- <Character name>: He wouldn't jeopardize the treaty...?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Not on purpose. He doesn't have the support. Or the firepower.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Surprised he finally agreed to a truce with Flame. Crecia's been banging that drum for years...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Her sire was a high-ranking shaman. Dam fled their legion so her cub could be raised somewhere safe.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Bangar took them in. Put Crecia through our fahrar, but she never forgot where she came from. Or who they left behind.
- (While the Commander and Rytlock's backs are turned, a Ruffian points at them and follows the pair with another Ruffian.)
- Walking past two Blood Legion soldiers.
- Blood Legion Soldier: Had patrol on the northern border two nights ago. Can't say I'm a fan of this sudden cold snap.
- Blood Legion Captain: Me neither. Snow does funny things to the silence up there.
- Blood Legion Soldier:: Right? Even in the middle of and empty field it felt like someone was watching me.
- Being stopped by a small group of soldiers
- Pholus Strucktinder: Look who it is: Rytlock Brimstone and the great commander of dragons and lesser races.
- Ruffian: Heard the imperator could use a new tribune.
- Pholus Strucktinder: Or two.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Walk away.
- Pholus Strucktinder: Where's the fun in that?
- After defeating the thugs
- Ruffian: (groan of pain)
- Rytlock Brimstone: Tried to warn you. You want a promotion? You gotta earn it.
- Kasmeer Meade: Commander? Efram and I need to speak with you as soon as you're able.
- <Character name>: So much for lying low. Be right over.
- Rytlock Brimstone: You go ahead. I'll deal with...these.
I got Braham released from the brig, but things quickly went south. We discovered he'd somehow lost his bow. Then Rytlock called in to report disturbing signs of racial tensions and violence among his fellow charr. With Braham heading off to track down his bow, Rytlock and I met with Bangar and Crecia about the undercurrent of racial hostility among some of the charr at the celebration. Violence had already broken out in some quarters, and Rytlock worried that an escalation could endanger the treaty between the charr and the other races. Bangar's reaction quickly got personal—he and Rytlock seem to have some very old, very bad blood between them. Their confrontation came to blows, but in the end Rytlock had the good sense to walk away. When we left Bangar's office, Crecia suggested that Rytlock and I find solid evidence of a threat so she could help argue our case. Before we could begin, however, Kasmeer called in and asked me to meet with her and the Flame "imperator," Efram Greetsglory, right away.
— My story