The Road to Rata Primus
The Road to Rata Primus
- 1331 AE
- Living World Season 4
- A Bug in the System
- The Ruined Paths
- Prepare to move on Rata Primus.
- Talk to your allies.
- Meet with Aurene on the cliff overlooking the bay.
- Return to your allies.
- Locate the underground lab connected to the comms tower via a pipe.
- Enter the comms lab.
- Venture deeper into the lab to disable the comms.
- Disable the comms.
- Leave the lab.
- Disable the shield around Rata Primus.
- Enter the Damos Isle Lab.
- Enter the Eastern Complex Lab.
- Enter the Invariant Enclave Lab.
- Disable the Damos Isle Lab's generator.
- Gain access to the lab by activating the door controls: X/4
- Disable the Invariant Enclave Lab's power generator.
- Disable the Eastern Complex Lab's generator.
Speak with your allies on the rock overlooking the water. They inform you that Aurene is on a cliff-top to the north - talk to her to and then return to your allies.
Enter the comms lab.
Communications Control can be found at the end of a tunnel north of the central intersection inside the Western Complex. This tunnel contains four sets of security barriers that can be opened by pressing the right buttons on the security panels nearby. To unlock the barriers, the following buttons, numbered from left to right, must be pressed in any order.
- First barrier
- Button 2, Button 3
- Second barrier
- Button 1, Button 2, Button 4
- Third barrier
- Button 1, Button 4, Button 5, Button 6
- Fourth barrier
- Button 1, Button 3, Button 4
Some of the button panels seems to have a failure mechanism programmed in that will open the security barrier after a certain amount of time and/or button presses.
Eastern Complex Lab (east)
Prior to this step the wiki is missing a large chunk of dialogue and steps. You check the messages and then have to change the power levels on several items to open the door. No idea how this large chunk was missed.[verification requested]
The entrance to this lab is at sea level in the southeastern corner of the building.
- Follow the corridor around through the inquest until you reach the conveyor belt. Jump on the belt as it heads to the left.
- Staying on the belt and being hit by the Branded Wyvern will yield an achievement, "A Branded Blast".
- Before it tries to roast you in the flames, jump off the belt to the right.
- Go through the short corridor and kill the two Inquest waiting for you.
- Jump along the belt - walking in the opposite direction to the direction the belt is trying to move you. Jump or dodge over the platforms. Avoid walking into the lasers.
Interacting with the generator to destroy it. The nearby button opens the exit door.
Invariant Enclave Lab (southeast)
The entrance to this lab is north of the Disrupt the Magnetics Lab heart. As the enter the tunnel there's a red force field gate on the right. Continue to the left for now.
A portal turret can be found in the middle of the room. The Blue portal marks the entrances, while the Red portal is the exit.
- At the western control panel, interact once with the Blue controls (always creates an entry portal at the western console), and once with the Red controls (rotates the red laser by a half turn) - this will setup a portal from your current position to the opposite side of the room (east). Interact with the west door control button, then use the portal.
- Interact with the east door control button. Use the White controls once to rotate the whole cannon by one quarter turn.
- Walk back to the west controls. Interact with the Red controls once, and the White controls once - this will setup a portal to the northern side. Use the portal. Use the northern door control button. Use the White controls once.
- Walk back to the west controls. Interact with the Red controls once - this will setup a portal to the southern side. Use the portal. Use the southern door control button.
The force field spotted on the way into the lab will now be open. A small group of Inquest guard the generator, interact with it to disable it. To exit, you can either backtrack the way you came, or jump on the Energy Pad and then open the exit door above using the Door Controls.
Damos Isle Lab (south)
The entrance to this lab is north and slightly west of Leyfinder Research Facility.
- Staying on the ground level, follow the right-hand wall to the Security Database. Reppa's Log contains a password, "Sm4rt3erTh4nU".
- Head back towards the entrance, but this time head up the stairs. On the next floor up is the Elevator Console. Pick the password you just obtained to open the door to the elevator - a stream of ley energy.
- Drop down into the shaft with the ley energy, and interact with the Ley Buoyancy Charge Dispenser, which provides the Ley Buoyancy effect, allowing you to float in the ley energy lines from this point onwards (an important note when using leylines is to avoid as much movement as possible). Use the ley energy (1) to exit the room with the Dispenser.
- Travel back to the Security Database on the ground floor in the southern corner. Use the ley energy (2) to float up to the level with the Maintenance Door Control. Push the button once only (such that it is no longer illuminated) - this turns off the electric field in front of the generator on the top floor (pushing it a second time will reactivate the electric field). Jump back down onto the floor below.
- Use the Ley Line (3) by the entrance to the facility to float up to the platform with the generator. The ley line is not very reliable, so it may take a few tries to use it. The electric field should be down.
Interact with the generator to disable it.
|Stimulus and Response||A Bug in the System||2|
|Solve the comms lab's hive-mind experiment in only 3 steps.Engage the brilliant test developed by the Inquest to study hive-mind abilities.||Solved the Hive-Mind Experiment in Only 3 Steps||2|
- Use buttons 1, 3, then 4, waiting for the shots to hit before moving on, to complete the puzzle.
(Start: off/on/on/off, on/on/on/on. 1: on/off/on/on, off/off/on/on. 3: on/on/off/off, off/on/off/off. 4: all on.) (Note that this achievement can also be completed outside of the instance.)
|A Branded Blast||A Bug in the System||1|
|Get hit by the captured Branded wyvern.Brave yet another brilliant Inquest study of Kralkatorrik's minions.||Got Hit by the Captured Branded Wyvern||1|
- When you are inside the Eastern Complex taking the transport system, you encounter a Branded wyvern that will breathe its attack from time to time. Simply stand before the wyvern and get hit.
|Faster Than Light||A Bug in the System||1|
|Activate the 4 door controls in the Invariant Enclave Lab in under 35 seconds.Engage in a test of intellect developed by the Inquest.||Sped Through the Portal Puzzle in the Invariant Enclave Lab||1|
- Olmakhan Earthstalker
- Olmakhan Lifebinder
- Olmakhan Nightwalker
- Olmakhan Sandshifter
- Olmakhan Windcaller
- Sayida the Sly (voice only)
- Communication Array Core
- Comms Console
- Elevator Controller
- Hologram Controllers
- Ley Buoyancy Charge Dispenser
- Maintenance Door Control
- Notes on New Security System
- Security Button
- Security Database
- Meeting your allies
- Rox: Well, Commander? What's the plan?
- <Character name>: I think it's time we set our sights on Rata Primus.
- Boticca: It won't be easy getting into that cube. Got anything that might improve our chances?
- <Character name>: We do have a dragon. Anyone seen Aurene?
- Braham Eirsson: I did. Up on the cliff over the village.
- Meeting with Aurene
- <Character name>: Aurene... Thank you. You made a big difference down there.
- <Character name>: We're gonna need you in this fight. But honestly, I don't even know where to start...
- <Character name>: What we need is more intel on the main complex and its defenses...
- During Aurenes vision
- <Character name>: Oh, boy...
- Taimi: Commander? What are you seeing?
- <Character name>: A large, parabolic dish...
- <Character name>: And a bunch of Joko's Awakened.
- <Character name>: Work's cut out for us.
- Taimi: I'll bet that dish is a communications tower. Probably how they coordinate their forces from the main structure.
- Taimi: But how do you fight your way into a giant floating cube?
- <Character name>: I had a thought about that. Can you reach out to Sayida?
- <Character name>: Tell her Joko's got a foothold in Rata Primus, and her airship would be a big help getting inside.
- Taimi: Smart! I'll try to catch a ride while I'm at it. With Blish and Gorrik involved, I'd rather be biting my nails close by.
- Returning to your allies
- <Character name>: Bad news. It's more than a few Awakened holding out in Rata Primus. They've taken half the territory around it.
- <Character name>: Plus there's still plenty of Inquest to worry about. We'll have ti soften them up before we move on the main complex.
- <Character name>: First, we disable their communications tower. Stop the Inquest from coordinating ground attacks like they did here.
- Boticca: I've scouted it. There's a pipe you can follow from the tower to an underground entrance.
- <Character name>: Perfect. After that, we'll need to figure out how to deal with the shield around the main complex.
- Boticca: My charr will support you. Any structure you take, we'll hold so they can't repair it.
- Rox: I'll stay with the Olmakhan. In case the Inquest make another attack.
- <Character name>: Good. You too, Braham.
- Braham Eirsson: Me? But—
- <Character name>: I'll want you with me when we assault Rata Primus. But for now, the Olmakhan need all the help they can get.
- <Character name>: Besides, I'll attract less attention alone.
- Braham Eirsson: You're the commander.
- Boticca: Nature favor us all.
- Disable the comms in the Western Complex
Upon passing the first energy barrier
- PA Announcer: Welcome, krewe members, to another bright day in Lab Alpha-One-Nine: creating yesterday's tomorrows—today!
Upon passing the second energy barrier
- PA Announcer: Imagine! Communications technology enhanced by the unique hive-mind abilities of Kralkatorrik's minions.
- Taimi: What? Their hive mind?
- Taimi: I wonder if that ability is something Kralkatorrik absorbed after Mordremoth's death. Some piece of its magical nature...
Upon passing the third energy barrier
- PA Announcer: Fast, efficient, reliable. We are the future of communications!
Upon interaction with the Hologram Controllers
- Inquest Magiscientist (1): Hey...the experiment's running. Did you do something?
- Inquest Magiscientist (2): Not me. You think...
- Inquest Magiscientist (1): Shh! Keep your voice down! Maybe they'll go away.
Upon entering the Communications Control
- <Character name>: Okay, Taimi—I found the control panel.
- Taimi: Before you shut it down, maybe we should check if they logged Gorrik's distress call?
Upon interaction with the Comms Console
- Unknown Asura: If...(static)...can hear me...(static)...brother and I...(static)...trapped in...(static)...lab. Main complex.
- Unknown Asura: (static)...won't be long...(static)...the Awakened find us. Or worse, get their hands on the...(static).
- Unknown Asura: Where is everyone? Honestly, I'm beginning...(static)...you're all ignoring me...
- Unknown Asura: I'm sorry—just... Please, if...(static)...hear me, send help.
- Taimi: That's Gorrik. Still weird. But, Commander, you gotta help him and Blish.
- Taimi: They're not bad people, I swear. I don't know why they're working with the Inquest.
- <Character name>: I'll do what I can, Taimi. I promise.
Upon interaction with Communication Array Core
- Communication Array Core: Accessing power-management control panel... Ready.
- Set power level:
- Power level set!
- Power level set!
- Warning: Maximum setting may cause damage to equipment.
- PA Announcer: Communications array deactivated.
Upon teleporting out after disabling the comms
- Taimi: Commander, it's me. I've got Captain Sly here for you.
- <Character name>: Go ahead.
- Sayida the Sly: Commander, Sayida here. We're still a ways out, but we've got our first look at Rata Primus of the port bow.
- <Character name>: You don't sound thrilled.
- Sayida the Sly: I prefer to fight with an unfair advantage. This doesn't look to be one of those fights.
- Sayida the Sly: The central part's rigged with some kind of shield linked to three other structures...
- Sayida the Sly: They're west, south, and southeast from the cube.
- Taimi: Probably where they house the shield generators.
- Sayida the Sly: Long as that shield's up, I won't be able to get my ship anywhere close.
- <Character name>: Understood. I'll take care of it. Commander out.
- Damos Isle Lab, after destroying the generator (random)
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: We'll hold the facility for you.
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: We'll keep an eye on the facility, outlander.
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: Outlander! We'll keep watch. Make sure the invaders don't repair their machines.
- Eastern Complex Lab
- PA Announcer: Greetings, Lab Alpha-Two-Two! The administration is pleased with your findings.
- PA Announcer: The ability of Kralkatorrik's lieutenants to Brand the dead suggests many promising applications.
- PA Announcer: Keep up the good work! And remember: we care.
- Taimi: Branding the dead. Sounds like Zhaitan. More evidence of new abilities after absorbing dragon magic.
On leaving the lab after destroying the generator
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: We'll hold the facility for you.
- Invariant Enclave Lab, after destroying the generator (random)
- Olmakhan Windcaller: Don't worry, we'll keep the invaders away. You go ahead.
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: Outlander! We'll keep watch. Make sure the invaders don't repair their machines.
- Progress by destroying generators
On destroying the first generator
- PA Announcer: Shield capacity at 66 percent.
On destroying the second generator
- PA Announcer: Shield capacity at 33 percent.
On destroying the third generator
- PA Announcer: Shield capacity at 0 percent. Warning, critical failure. Consider deploying active measures.
- Sayida the Sly: I see the shield is down. Nicely done, Commander! And just in time—we're making our approach.
- <Character name>: Perfect. I'll meet you at the Olmakhan village. We'll want their help to make our move on Rata Primus.
- Sayida the Sly: Permission to board—granted.