Recalibrating the Waypoints
Recalibrating the Waypoints
- Wait for word from your companions.
- Return to Divinity's Reach.
- Check your mail for "Waypoint News".
- Help Taimi with her problem.
- Meet Taimi at the Ley Line Hub.
- Speak with Taimi.
- Use Taimi's device to recalibrate miniature waypoints.
- Drive off the attackers.
- Defeat the Mordrem Leyleecher.
- Check in with the asuran representatives.
- Pursue Taimi.
- Pile of Ley Line Dust
- Mordrem Seed Pouch (5)
- Lump of Raw Ambrite (3)
- Thorny Seed Pouch
- Empyreal Fragment (10)
Kill the Mordrem leyleecher (80)
- Mini Mordrem Leyleecher
- Leyleecher Power Level
- Use the recalibration device on miniature waypoints before the leyleecher absorbs more energy.
- Strike the leyleecher while avoiding its bolstered attacks.
- Kill the idle Mordrem tendril to reveal the Mordrem leyleecher.
- Mini Mordrem Leyleecher
After talking to Taimi, the experiment will start. The Waypoint Recalibration Device or W.R.D. operates like a siege machine, with a ground-targeted skill that removes a third of the Miniature Waypoints' energy with each bolt you fire. After recalibrating three waypoints, the player will be interrupted by a mordrem attack. Once the two waves of modrem are repelled the Mini Mordrem Leyleecher will appear. This fight occurs in three phases, which rotate:
- First, the player will need to use the W.R.D. to prevent the Leyleecher from absorbing power from the waypoints by exhausting their energy first. If you fail, its power level will increase, and it will have stronger attacks in the next phase. After a while, its shield goes down and it starts attacking.
- Second, the Mordrem Leyleecher will fight you. It fights a lot like the Mordrem Thrashers encountered before, firing projectiles or using AoE attacks. It can also spreads poisonous clouds. Due to this, certain players may prefer to fight with a ranged weapon and stay greatly out of his attack range. This phase lasts only a limited time.
- Third, the Mordrem Leyleecher will bury underground and several Jungle Tendrils will spawn. In order to continue, the only vine which does not attack must be destroyed. After a few moments without the proper tendril being destroyed, Braham will point it out to the player character. Once it is destroyed, the first phase starts over.
Note that it is possible to order Taimi to operate the W.R.D. when the Leyleecher gets its shield back up, or to choose to operate it manually. Either way, a Mordrem Husk will spawn to try and prevent you from doing so. If the husk is killed, another will spawn until the next phase is triggered.
|Return to Recalibrating the Waypoints||Return to The Dragon's Reach||0|
|Complete the mission Recalibrating the Waypoints in Living World Season 2 Episode 4.
||Completed Recalibrating the Waypoints||0|
- Complete the story step.
|Power Squelcher||The Dragon's Reach, Part 2||10|
|Defeat the Mordrem leyleecher after it's reached full power.Story Instance: Recalibrating the Waypoints
||Defeated Fully Powered Mordrem Leyleecher||10|
- The two achievements Power Squelcher and Defender of the Tiny are mutually exclusive.
- This achievement requires you to defeat the Leyleecher while the gauge in the event monitor is full. It becomes full when the Leyleecher has 16 stacks of the Ley Line Energy buff. To reach that amount, you need to tell Taimi you'll take care of the recalibration device, then not use it at all while the Leyleecher sucks energy from the waypoints. It gains four stacks per waypoint, and its shield should last for just long enough to get up to 20 stacks. Once it reaches 16 stacks, try to kill it as fast as possible, since its assaults become much more powerful at this level.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Power Squelcher effect.
|Defender of the Tiny||The Dragon's Reach, Part 2||15|
|Protect Taimi from taking any damage while she controls her recalibration device.Story Instance: Recalibrating the Waypoints
||Protected Taimi while She Recalibrated||15|
- As noted above, this achievement is mutually exclusive with Power Squelcher.
- This achievement requires you to tell Taimi to use the recalibration device, then to keep all Mordrem Husks from reaching her. Crowd control may help, but a high DPS should be enough to do so, even with their high defense.
- The achievement is awarded immediately after the Leyleecher is defeated.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Defender of the Tiny effect.
|Mischief Maker||The Dragon's Reach, Part 2||5|
|Urge Taimi to yell at Braham during the recalibration device demonstration.Story Instance: Recalibrating the Waypoints
||Urged Taimi to Yell at Braham||5|
- This achievement is relatively easy to get: during the demonstration, don't use the recalibration device straight away and attack the mini-waypoints with your weapons instead. Two conversations will trigger between Taimi and Braham; after the second one, you should get the achievement.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Mischief Maker effect.
Hi! I have good news and bad news. I'd ask you which one you want first, but—you know—it's mail. So, I choose good news first. As you may have noticed, my W.R.D. (waypoint recalibration device) worked like a champion! I've been monitoring the waypoint network, and as the workers repair the waypoints, the vines aren't attacking again. So...did I mention I'm a genius?Now for the bad news. It's Phlunt. No surprise there, huh? He INSISTS that I give him a personal demonstration of how the W.R.D. works. It's as if he doesn't believe that my device is actually causing the change. I'm afraid he's going to try to weasel out of coming to the summit. Can you come be my backup? We may have to beat him up or something.
- When approaching Braham
- Braham Eirsson: Taimi's just ahead. I'd go quickly though. Those asuran representatives are getting impatient.
- Reaching Taimi and Phlunt
- Councillor Phlunt: My krewemates in Rata Sum have been monitoring the waypoint network. They say your device is affecting waypoints, not ley line. Why?
- Taimi: Can't you see? I adjusted the settings in the waypoints so they process the flow of magic at a more stable rate.
- Taimi: I'll put it in simple language for you. My device interfaces with the waypoints and captures on-the-spot readings of magic's rate of flow through them.
- Taimi: Using a complicated algorithm that I devised, it calculates the exact minimum frequency required to keep the waypoint running. It then adjusts the waypoint's settings.
- Councillor Phlunt: Our readings are inconclusive without more information. You must demonstrate this device, now!
- Talking to your allies
- Braham: Taimi probably needs some help. I'll keep an eye on those asura and make sure they don't touch anything.
- Good idea.
- Phlunt: I grow impatient. When will we have our demonstration? Go encourage that prodigy to hurry up.
- I'll see how things are coming along, Councillor. It won't be much longer.
- Taimi: I see you got my message? Thanks for coming so quickly. I hope you brought some weapons.
We won't be assaulting Phlunt.
- Aw, foo. Okay, but he's insisting on a demonstration. I have some miniature waypoints I created for testing, so we can use those.
All right. Maybe give them more juice so the change is obvious?
- I can increase the flow of ley line magic to them to boost their vibrations. They'll be almost as powerful as a real waypoint.
- Ready when you are.
Are you able to protect the waypoint network?
- Yes. It is working as predicted. My device is recalibrating the waypoints across Tyria, making them vibrate at a lower rate. Like spiders, Mordrem seem attracted to vibrations in the net.
Less vibration, and the Mordrem pay no attention.
- So it seems. But for some reason, Phlunt is still asking for a demonstration. I think he wants all my secrets.
All right. Give the mini-waypoints more juice so the change is obvious.
- Ready when you are.
- After you told Taimi you're ready
- Councillor Phlunt: What are you whispering about over there?
- Taimi: We're formulating a plan to demonstrate how the device works. You will note that this chamber has a number of waypoint-like props.
- Taimi: We'll show you how it works...in miniature!
- Taimi: You see, it's so easy even a simpleton can do it. Take it away, Braham!
- Braham Eirsson: Nuh-uh. You're not fooling me again. Hey, boss. Why don't you take this one.
- Taimi: There's an active waypoint! Well, a mini one. Go take control of the recalibration device.
- Talking to your allies
- Taimi: I've checked and double-checked the settings on everything. I'm 59.6 percent certain nothing will blow up in our faces. Don't worry.
- I'd better get to it, then.
- Braham Eirsson: You ready for the demonstration? You should probably stick close to Taimi in case something goes wrong.
- Good point.
- Phlunt: You have my attention. The results seem positive thus far. Please, continue with the demonstration.
- Attacking the waypoints with your weapons (Mischief Maker achievement)
- Taimi: I know you love hitting things, but you've gotta use the recalibration device. You can't punch ley line energy!
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah, I love bashing things! Kuh-bam!
- Taimi: Not you too, Braham. Though I should've expected it.
- Interacting with the device
- Taimi: Great! Now take aims at the waypoint and fire away until its energy's gone!
- If you stop interacting with the device
- Taimi: Hey, where are you going? Get back on the recalibration device!
- Upon resuming interacting with the device
- Taimi: Right. Like I said, aim at the waypoint and fire away.
- After recalibrating one miniature waypoint
- Councillor Phlunt: Check your readings, krewe.
- Councillor Phlunt: W-why, it is working! Keep at it. I want to see more!
- After recalibrating two miniature waypoints
- Taimi: Great! They're eating this up. Go get one more!
- Councillor Phlunt: Truly impressive work for someone so...young.
- After recalibrating three miniature waypoints
- Taimi: Whoa! That quake was not my fault! Not it, not it!
- Braham Eirsson: You're right, Taimi. There's Mordrem headed our way.
- Councillor Phlunt: Krewe, to me. Take cover! What are Mordrem doing here?
- First wave defeated
- Braham Eirsson: They keep coming! Y'think your new toy got 'em riled up?
- Second wave defeated (in-game cutscene)
- Braham Eirsson: Big thing incoming! And it looks like it means business.
- Taimi: More than that. It's absorbing the ley line energy! Quick, we need to make sure it can't get any more.
- Taimi: Use my recalibration device! It'll be just like before, only with...lots of evil plants.
- Talking to your allies
- Taimi: I increased the vibrations too much and attracted these Mordrem. They're going to ruin everything!
- No worries. I'm here for you.
- After getting the Mordrem Leyleecher's shield down
- Braham Eirsson: Oh, it's angry now. Watch out! It's about to attack.
- After the Leyleecher hides underground
- Taimi: Scruffy's readings say that it's hiding under a tendril. Look for one that isn't attacking back!
- Braham Eirsson: I think I found it! Yeah, this tendril's not attacking back!
- Taimi: I've located it! This tendril is totally docile.
- After the Mordrem Leyleecher emerges for the first time.
- Taimi: The Mordrem is back to steal more ley line energy! Better get on the recalibration device. If you don't do it, I will!
- Taimi's dialogue (automatically triggered)
- The Mordrem is attracted to the ley line energy, and we're next! Better get on the recalibration device. If you don't do it, I will!
- Get on the device, Taimi! I'll keep the off you!
- I'll get on the device. Keep the Mordrem off me!
- If the player chooses to get on the device
- Taimi: All right, I'll let you handle it. The more energy it gets, the more powerful it'll be when it starts to attack!
- When the Leyleecher gets his shield down for the second time
- Taimi: That Mordrem is getting to attack. Defense mode, Scruffy!
- After the Leyleecher hides underground for the second time
- Braham Eirsson: Hey, come back here! Stupid plant's gone into hiding.
- After the Leyleecher emerges for the second time
- Braham Eirsson: It's back and sucking up ley line energy again!
- After the Leyleecher hides underground for the third time
- Taimi: Sneaky skritt. It's gone into hiding.
- After the Leyleecher is defeated
- Braham Eirsson: Kuh-bam! Take that!
- Taimi: Excelsior! It's dead!
- Talking to Phlunt
- Is it safe to emerge? You're sure—absolutely sure—that there aren't any more coming?
I'm sure. The big one was the last one.
- Yes, well...the big one, as you so quaintly put it, may have friends.
There won't be more. We successfully recalibrated all the waypoints.
- Taimi: So as you can see, Councillor Phlunt, my device will save the entire waypoint network. You can thank me now and later.
- Was this demonstration to your satisfaction?
- Follow-up conversation
- Coucillor Phlunt: The waypoints are protected. Wonderful!
- Braham Eirsson: So you will agree to come to the Grove summit?
- Coucillor Phlunt: Not so fast, my muscular friend. In light of this new development, I have decided to add further stipulations to the deal.
- Taimi: What? Why you—
- Coucillor Phlunt: Silence!
- Coucillor Phlunt: Taimi, as a ward to the College of Synergetics of Rata Sum, you are required to hand over all inventions for study and documentation.
- Coucillor Phlunt: I hereby claim proprietorship over this waypoint recalibration device. I will hold it in trust for you until your graduation.
- Taimi: No! I made this, on my own time, outside of Rata Sum!
- Coucillor Phlunt: Irrelevant. Hand it over like a good progeny, and we will see you at the summit.
- Taimi: No! I won't let you take it!
- Braham Eirsson: Taimi, no!
- Coucillor Phlunt: You wouldn't dare disobey your superiors, would you? Just hand it over.
- Braham Eirsson: Kid, c'mon! Calm down and think...
- Taimi: I told you. It's mine!
- Coucillor Phlunt: Agh! Krewe, after that delinquent.
- Braham Eirsson: Taimi!
- Braham Eirsson: And there she goes. I swear, that kid is gonna be the death of me.
- Braham Eirsson: My bet is she's headed deeper into the desert, and that means she's either in trouble now or will be very soon.
- Braham Eirsson: Let's go.
- Talking to Braham
- She has no idea what she's doing. We need to get after her.
- Without a doubt.