11 4 1
Atholma is home to the Olmakhan charr tribe and the giant Kaarg the Gentle on Sandswept Isles. The village has a busy market, sizable docks, the seat of power for the ruling body of elders known as the Council of Five, Lorekeeper Rhosan's hut which contains many scrolls detailing the tribe's colorful history, and the Ritual Grounds where celebratory dances are often performed by villagers.
Atholma was founded by the Olmakhan in 1121 AE after a five-year trek from the charr lands to the north. Like most of the coastlines, it was flooded in 1219 AE when the Elder Dragon Zhaitan rose and caused what the Olmakhan call the Great Flood, and has since been rebuilt. In recent years, shortly after the arrival of the Inquest to the south, an airship which the Olmakhan refer to as the Iron Whale crashed into the village and was used to reinforce the dwellings and the defenses.
Locations and objectives
- Atholma Waypoint —
- Atholma Vista —
- Mastery Insights
- Sandswept Isles Insight: Atholma
- Boticca (during The Road to Rata Primus)
- Elder Gawr
- Elder Dorran
- Elder Yowen
- Elder Rhona
- Lorekeeper Rhosan
- Olmakhan Cub
- Olmakhan Earthstalker
- Olmakhan Farmer
- Olmakhan Fisher
- Olmakhan Lifebinder
- Olmakhan Nightwalker
- Olmakhan Sandshifter
- Olmakhan Windcaller
- Olmakhan Villager
- Rox (during The Road to Rata Primus)
- Ambient creatures
- Elder Gawr: As Lifebinders, we spend our lives in service to the village.
- Elder Gawr: The magic to heal wounds is much like the threads that knit us together.
- Elder Gawr: We weave our powers—borrowed from nature—to protect, nurture, and restore.
- Elder Gawr: Lose the self to serve the tribe. Only then can you mend that which is broken.
- Olmakhan Cub (1): When I grow up, I'm going to be a Dawnwalker!
- Olmakhan Cub (2): But you have terrible aim. And you hate tracking lessons. And you don't like the smell of fresh blood.
- Olmakhan Cub (1): Thanks for crushing my dreams.
- Olmakhan Villager: Assaults on the village, asura invaders... I've even heard there are undead roaming about!
- Olmakhan Fisher: They're all intruders to me. I want them ALL gone.
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: Have you seen the giant undead hound-looking thing wandering the islands?
- Olmakhan Windcaller: First asura invaders, and now undead? This is getting out of control!
- Olmakhan Villager (1): Looks like a storm is brewing.
- Olmakhan Villager (2): Great. Just what we needed on top of possible war.
- Olmakhan Villager (1): Nature cares little for the wars and worries of mortals.
- Elder Rhona: Any signs of asura interlopers?
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: No, Elder Rhona. All quiet so far.
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: The skimmers seem nervous though. Something's in the air.
- Elder Rhona: Stay vigilant.
- Olmakhan Earthstalker: What do you think those Asura are up to?
- Olmakhan Windcaller: I don't care. But I'll be worm food before I let 'em push me out of my home.
- Olmakhan Farmer: It's been some time since the last Elonian trade caravan.
- Olmakhan Fisher: Blame the invaders. Ever since that cube appeared, trade has slowed to a crawl.
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: What do you think they're up to in that…cube of theirs?
- Olmakhan Fisher: Don't know. Those things they build, their devices and weapons and whatever else. It's all…
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: Unnatural.
- Olmakhan Fisher: Yes. Nothing good will come of it.
- Olmakhan Villager (1): Elder Yowen, are we really going to war?
- Elder Yowen: We cannot avoid it. The invaders have shown their true colors. To protect the village, we must fight.
- Olmakhan Villager (2): Some have left; and some are preparing to leave.
- Elder Yowen: And I don't fault them for it. We have to protect the little ones, and those who cannot fight.
- Elder Yowen: But I will always defend this village. The invaders have forced us to bare our fangs. I'm not afraid to draw blood.
- Far north of the docks
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: The far side of the island has grown dangerous.
- Olmakhan Lifebinder: How so?
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: The hydra Starcaller is more aggressive than ever. Someone should take care of that thing.
- Olmakhan Cub: We're gonna make those invaders pay for what they did.
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: No, little one.
- Olmakhan Cub: What do you mean?
- Olmakhan Sandshifter: We fight to protect. We fight for justice. We do not fight for vengeance.
- Olmakhan Nightwalker (1): Boticca says those little rats tried to use her for some twisted experiment.
- Olmakhan Nightwalker (2): Do you think...our missing hunters...
- Olmakhan Nightwalker (1): I knew our tolerance of those interlopers was foolhardy!
- Lorekeeper Rhosan: And when you're done with that, you're to copy all of the scrolls written within the last two years.
- Scribe: All of them? But, Lorekeeper...
- Lorekeeper Rhosan: It's important to have redundancies! We can't afford to lose our history.
- West of the docks
- Olmakhan Fisher: Asura invaders. Undead interlopers. And now some sea monster that walks on land?
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: That last one is just a myth. "Ironshell". It's just a tale fishers tell to scare the cubs.
- Near Jemandi Market
- Elder Dorran: It's been a long time since we've welcomed an outlander into our village!
- Elder Dorran: It's clear you're strong, outlander. If you have the time, I hope you will lend that strength to our villagers in need.
- Olmakhan Cub (1): Hey, Where's Nima?
- Olmakhan Cub (2): Grounded. You didn't hear her grandma yelling?
- Olmakhan Cub (1): No. What happened?
- Olmakhan Cub (2): We were playing "Sand Monsters and Heroes", and we blasted all this sand into her grandma's cooking fire.
- Olmakhan Cub (2): Stew and ashes everywhere. Nima's gonna be cleaning fish guts out of her mom's both for a year.
- Olmakhan Villager: Come now, little one. Brave Olmakhan waste not the gifts of the beast we slay.
- Olmakhan Cub: Is liver really a gift though? It taste more like a curse.
- Olmakhan Villager: Ancestors help me. Just eat your supper.
- North of the waypoint
- If asura:
- Olmakhan Villager (male): I can't believe the elders are trusting an asura outlander.
- Olmakhan Villager (female): They say not all asura are like those invaders.
- Olmakhan Villager (male): I say they're all untrustworthy little rats.
- Olmakhan Villager (female): Hush!
- If charr:
- Olmakhan Villager (female): Did you see that outlander? Such strength and ferocity in battle, yet so gentle and kind with our cubs.
- Olmakhan Villager (male): And such beautiful eyes...and such a charming laugh...
- Olmakhan Villager (female): Get a hold of yourself!
- Olmakhan Villager (male): ...and also, those biceps.
- Olmakhan Villager (female): Well, I mean. Yes.
- Olmakhan Villager (male): Mm-hmm.
- Olmakhan Villager (female): Mm-hmm.
- If human:
- If norn:
- Olmakhan Villager (male): That outlander is the biggest human I've ever seen.
- Olmakhan Villager (female): Not human. Norn. From north. Far north. Did you see them battle those invaders? I've never seen anyone fight like that.
- Olmakhan Villager (female): I heard they can take on different animal forms.
- Olmakhan Villager (male): Now you're just pulling my tail.
- If sylvari:
- Olmakhan Villager (female): Have you seen that outlander? How do they not just wilt in the desert heat?
- Olmakhan Villager (male): Don't ask me. Until yesterday, I didn't know plants could talk.
- Olmakhan Villager (female): What about the choya?
- Olmakhan Villager (male): You call that gibberish talking?
- Olmakhan Villager (female): Huh. Fair point.
- Near the Bounty Board
- Order of Shadows Agent: Reports of creatures driven insane by ley energy are coming all over. Are you going to help?
- Bounty Hunter: Seems like there's something to those tales about a deadly karka from the depths. Check the board if you're interested.
- Bounty Hunter: There's a new bounty up for a hydra called, uh...Star—Star something. Not a bad reward if you can take it down.
- Bounty Hunter: New bounty's up! Looks like an old rock gazelle's gone mad. Don't underestimate it—those gazelles are nasty customers.
- Bounty Hunter: There's a crazed ogre who needs taking down. Only thing quicker than its hyena is its temper, so be careful.
- Bounty Hunter: New bounty's come through! Looks like there's an oakheart in need of some pruning. Might be worth your while!
- Bounty Hunter: Inquest lost control of one of their golems. Bounty's on the board if you're up for a little...disassembly.
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: Your cub shows promise with a staff. She's growing fast.
- Olmakhan Villager: She's strong like her mother. Though the cuts and bruises she doesn't like so well.
- Olmakhan Nightwalker: She'll learn. Pain's good... Means you're still alive.
- Resource nodes
- A small boat piloted by an Olmakhan cub moves on a preset path around the docks, allowing players to ride on it.
- For a while in development, when the boat reached the part of its path that goes around the Ritual Grounds, it would simply disappear while the player continued to be moved along its path. It was an issue with the prop culling at a certain distance from its original position on the map.
- The docks are shaped to fit and accomodate the Roller Beetle mount.