Flame and Frost
Experience Living World from the beginning and see where the members of Dragon's Watch began their journeys. The first episode of Living World Season 1, “Flame and Frost,” is now playable in Guild Wars 2 for the first time since 2013, along with new and returning rewards and new achievements. Living World Season 1 episodes will be free additions to the core game and available to all players, permanently.
— Official website
Flame and Frost is a release launched on April 19, 2022 as the first episode of relaunched Living World Season 1. This overview also contains features that have been made available again via the re-release.
Episode 1 — Flame and Frost
- New Friends, New Enemies
- The Battle for Cragstead
- Alliance Investigation
- Molten Furnace
- A Quiet Celebration
Skins and equipment
- End of Dragons: Leaps Abound — Defeat the Echo without dying or taking damage from Tormenting Wave. (5 )
- End of Dragons: Legendary Aetherblade Hideout — Complete the Aetherblade Hideout Strike Mission with challenge mode active. (5 )
- End of Dragons: Total Coverage — While challenge mode is active, defeat Mai Trin and the Echo without dying or being afflicted with the Exposed condition. (5 )
- End of Dragons: Triangulation — Each time bombs are placed on the battlefield during the encounter, destroy a ferrous bomb before placing either of the magnetic bombs. Then successfully defeat the Echo. (5 )
Skins and equipment
- Strike Mission: Aetherblade Hideout challenge mode
- Canthan Vulpine Jackal Mounts Pack
- New Black Lion Chest items:
- New Black Lion Claim Ticket weapons:
- Promos and concept art
- On 22 March, 2022, Game Director Josh Davis and Executive Producer Amy Liu announced in a news post that key moments from Scarlet's War would be rereleased in five episodes throughout the year starting on 19 April with "Flame and Frost". Davis went on to add that the Living World's return would render its few instances in the Icebrood Saga's Scrying Pool superfluous, and that they would be phased out as the new chapters were launched, but that all relevant achievements would still be available to complete in the story journal.
- Flame and Frost is a composite re-release of what was originally 4 different releases, including, Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm, Flame and Frost: The Razing and Flame and Frost: Retribution.
- Living World Season 1: “Flame and Frost” Returns on April 19, Guildwars2.com
- Living World Return Season 1 Begins Now, Guildwars2.com
- Official trailer, Youtube.com
- Guild Wars 2’s 2013 living world episode Flame and Frost returns in reimagined form today, MassivelyOp.com