Wrench in the Works
Wrench in the Works
- 1333 AE
- The Icebrood Saga
- Jormag Rising
- Legions' Alcove
Cavern of Guiding Spirits
- Investigate the norn ruins.
- Talk with Crecia.
- Find Braham at the norn ruins.
- Talk with Braham.
- Unlock the Electromagical Pulse Mastery and take an EMP from a waystation.
- Destroy communications towers.
- Communications towers remaining: x/3
- Pick up an EMP from a waystation.
- Sabotage the Dominion presence in North Drizzlewood Coast.
- Kill Frost Legion Commanders, destroy weapon racks, gather intel, and complete events.
- Contributing actions:
- Complete events, even failures.
- Destroy Renegade Weapon Racks
- Kill Dominion troops:
- Dominion Axe Fiend
- Dominion Blademaster
- Dominion Duelist
- Dominion Fire Shaman
- Dominion Sentinel
- Dominion Shadow
- Dominion Sniper
- Dominion Soldier
- Dominion Spy
- Elite Dominion Marksman
- Elite Dominion Sentinel
- Elite Dominion Soldier
- Veteran Dominion Axe Fiend
- Veteran Dominion Effigy
- Veteran Dominion Scout
- Veteran Dominion Sentinel
- Kill Frost Legion troops:
|A Wrench in the Works||Jormag Rising||1|
|Complete the story chapter A Wrench in the Works.Journal: A Wrench in the Works Completed||Completed the Story Chapter "A Wrench in the Works"||1|
- Complete the story.
Speaking with Crecia:
- Crecia Stoneglow: Commander, Braham went on to explore those norn ruins. They're up ahead, end of the cave tunnel.
- <Character name>: All right, I'm going to follow him. Could be our way inside that keep.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Good idea. I'll go with you.
- Crecia Stoneglow: No, you'll stay right here.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (grumble)
- Smodur the Unflinching: You're wasting your time. When my cannons are ready, we'll walk right in—through what's left of the front door.
- Malice Swordshadow: At which point Ryland will take you out, because that's literally the most obvious thing you could do.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Let him try. Next time I see him, there won't be a flame shield between us.
- Crecia Stoneglow: No. There won't.
Leaving the camp:
- <Character name>: You were smart, Braham. Ducking out before the sparks started to fly.
- Braham Eirsson: They're all focused on Bangar and the Frost Legion. They're charr, I get it. But...
- Braham Eirsson: I kill Jormag, or Jormag kills me. I don't know... I'm not sure how that ends.
- <Character name>: I am.
- Braham Eirsson: Figured. Thanks, Commander.
Catching up with Braham:
- If norn:
- <Character name>: I feel something. The Spirits of the Wild. There's a power here, it's—unimaginable. What is this place?
- <Character name>: These are the Spirits of the Wild. Braham, what is this place?
- Braham Eirsson: This is where the Spirits first revealed themselves to the norn.
- Braham Eirsson: I can feel them. All of them. Like the charge in the air before a storm. I've never felt anything like it.
- If norn:
- <Character name>: Maybe the Spirits can help us again. If they saw fit to let us into this temple, we'd have a straight shot to Jormag.
- <Character name>: Can you talk to the Spirits, like in Bjora Marches? If they open this door, we'd have a straight shot to Jormag.
- Braham Eirsson: The Spirits are—they're here, but they're restrained somehow. Something's wrong.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Commander? Learn anything about the ruins?
- If norn:
- <Character name>: It's where the Spirits first revealed themselves to us. Their magic runs through this place. And Jormag knows it.
- <Character name>: It's a temple honoring the Spirits of the Wild. There's magic here. Powerful magic.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Guess now we know why Jormag picked this place to hunker down after Taimi's machine conked 'em out.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Can you get that big door open?
- Braham Eirsson: Let's find out.
- Braham Eirsson: Great Spirits! I am Braham, norn of prophecy! Please grant us passage to this most sacred of temples!
- Braham Eirsson: Okay, so that was a long shot. I'll need more time to figure this out.
- Crecia Stoneglow: While you're doing that, I could use the commander's help. Malice just gave me a list of targets.
- <Character name>: Anything I can do to ruin Bangar's day. What've you got?
- Crecia Stoneglow: Transmitter towers. Dominion's using them to triangulate targets for their artillery.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Malice's agents are finding more targets. I'll send them over once the transmitters are gone.
After destroying the first communications tower:
- Braham Eirsson: Hey, Commander.
- <Character name>: Any updates on our big stone door?
- Braham Eirsson: Well, I can't speak with Wolf, Snow Leopard, Bear, or Raven. I feel their magic, but they're not responding.
- Braham Eirsson: It's not enough to open the door. I think I'll need to channel the magic from...all the other Spirits.
- <Character name>: All of them? Even the corrupted ones?
- Braham Eirsson: Just...give me some more time, okay?
After destroying all three towers:
- Malice Swordshadow: Good work, Commander. Should make the assault easier, without constantly having to worry about death from above.
- <Character name>: Still plenty of that. Maybe you noticed the Claw of Jormag flying around?
- Malice Swordshadow: Yeah, hard to miss. We still need some time to prep our forces. In the meantime, you up for some more sabotage?
- <Character name>: I think I can squeeze it into my schedule.
Partway through sabotaging Dominion:
- If Iron Legion charr:
- Smodur the Unflinching: Commander, it's your imperator. We need to talk.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Commander, it's Smodur. We need to talk.
- <Character name>: About what?
- Smodur the Unflinching: We're preparing a frontal assault on the keep. But I hear your friends are considering an alternative.
- <Character name>: We're considering anything that will work. If Braham can get this door open—
- Smodur the Unflinching: And if he can't? What do we do, sit on our tails while he solves puzzles? With all due respect—
- <Character name>: Imperator, we'll discuss this in person once I'm done out here.
- Smodur the Unflinching: You're damn right we will.
Finishing field work:
- If Ash Legion charr:
- Malice Swordshadow: Marvelous, Commander. You should come back to the fahrar sometime—seems there's a lot you could teach us.
- Malice Swordshadow: You're quite adept at mayhem, Commander. You ever think about transferring into it full time?
- <Character name>: Thanks, Imperator. Where are we on preparations?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Smodur and Braham have, uh...let's call 'em "conflicting opinions" on how exactly we're gonna kick Bangar's ass.
- Crecia Stoneglow: That's an understatement. Come back to base. You might need to break the logjam.
- <Character name>: You don't say.