- 1333 AE
- The Icebrood Saga
- Hall of Monuments
(Eye of the North)
Inner Titan's Throat
- Travel to the Eye of the North and meet with Aurene.
- Consult with Aurene.
- Enter the scrying pool.
- Use the scrying pool to witness Braham's journey.
- Follow Wolf.
- Channel the Spirits of the Wild to push back the lava and travel deeper into the volcano.
- Approach Primordus.
- Descend into the fire dragon's lair.
- Defeat Primordus's champion.
- Channel the Spirits of the Wild into Primordus.
- Embrace destiny.
- Travel to the Eye of the North and meet with Aurene.
- Consult with Aurene.
Inside the volcano instance, you will be transformed into Braham but retain your regular combat abilities. You are also provided with a special action key Become the Wolf to transform into a wolf and four effects, Bear's Protection, Raven's Clarity, Snow Leopard's Grace and Wolf's Fangs. Use of the transformation is optional but recommended.
- Slashing Left Claw (1) & Rending Right Claw (2): Deals damage and reduces the cooldown of skills 4 and 5. Alternate between these skills.
- Lunging Wolf Slam (3): A short leap that provides daze.
- Crushing Wolf Fist (4): Inflicts Heavy damage and crowd control. Use it whenever available.
- Spirit Howl (5): Heals for approximately 1/3 of your health.
You start the instance at the top level of Primordus's lair alongside the Spirits of the Wild, who will assist with your travel down the volcano to Primordus himself. After speaking with each of the spirits, the lava will clear and reveal a path further down into the interior of the volcano. The path is littered with groups of destroyers, none of which need to be attacked but you can clear them if you want to - there are two achievements, one for having a high kill count and one for skipping most of the enemies (if skipping, keep to the left edge of the path as none of these foes will follow for any great distance).
There are four levels in the volcano that need to be traversed, each with a Spirit of the Wild to interact with in order to clear the lava down to the next level. Again, combat isn't needed, you only need to interact with the next Spirit to continue.
At the lowest level, a larger group of Destroyers, including an elite destroyer, has to be traversed before facing the final hurdle to Primordus. While possible, it's unlikely that this group can be avoided, so destroy it, preferably by isolating and killing individual Destroyers, then clearing the next until you are faced only with the elite. Once this final group has been eliminated, drop down to the hillock below and slightly above the lair of the Destroyer of the Last King, a destroyer with the appearance of a giant wyvern. This foe does not deal particularly high damage so melee is reasonably safe, or you can range it from the hillock above.
Once this final foe is dispatched, interact with each of your spirit allies, wait for the cut scene and short dialogue, interact once more, gaining Spirits' Protection in the process and wait for the final cutscene to play out, ending the episode.
|Complete the story chapter Wildfire.Journal: Wildfire Completed||Completed Wildfire||1|
- Complete the instance.
|Strong as Bear, Sharp as Wolf||Champions||3|
|Reach the magma chamber of the volcano with a high number of enemies slain during the Wildfire story chapter.||Reached the Magma Chamber with Many Kills||3|
- This achievement is mutually exclusive with Silent as Leopard, Clever as Raven. A minimum of two visits are therefore required.
- Kill most of the enemies when descending down to the bottom of the volcano before arriving at the legendary rank destroyer. When you reach the Destroyer of the Last King you should be awarded the achievement.
|Silent as Leopard, Clever as Raven||Champions||3|
|Reach the magma chamber of the volcano with a minimal number of enemies slain during the Wildfire story chapter.||Reached the Magma Chamber with Few Kills||3|
- This achievement is mutually exclusive with Strong as Bear, Sharp as Wolf. A minimum of two visits are therefore required.
- As described in the walkthrough above, if you stay as close to the left edge of the path as possible you should be able to avoid or ignore all of the mobs as they do not follow you for any great distance, and have slow response times. At the lowest level, run through the mob until reaching the last drop point. When you reach the Destroyer of the Last King you should be awarded the achievement.
|There's Always a Greater Destroyer||Champions||3|
|During the Wildfire story chapter, successfully break the champion destroyer's defiance and stagger it.||Staggered the Champion Destroyer||3|
- The breakbar only appears when you use the wolf transformation. Use skill 4 from the wolf transformation to deal heavy crowd control damage to the breakbar of the legendary rank destroyer. You will only be able to use this skill once per transformation due to the recharge and initial cooldown, however the defiance bar regenerates very slowly so it should be possible to break the bar after 4-5 successful skill activations (waiting for the transformation to cooldown between usage).
In the open world
- Taimi (voice only)
In the instance
- Braham Eirsson (as player character)
In the instance
- Destroyer Burster
- Destroyer Fiend
- Destroyer Melter
- Destroyer of the Last King
- Destroyer Soldier
- Elite Destroyer Emberknight
- Veteran Destroyer Fiend
- Veteran Destroyer Melter
- Veteran Destroyer Soldier
- In the Eye of the North
- Aurene: Champion. I have something urgent to show you.
- <Character name>: I'm on my way.
- Taimi: Holy crap, Commander! There's been a spike in Primordus's power like I've never seen.[verification requested]
- <Character name>: Something's changed. Get back to me as soon as you figure out what.
- (A memory of Braham speaking with Aurene appears.)
- Aurene: I can shed some light on that front, Champion. Braham came to see me...
- Braham Eirsson: Hear me out! It's my destiny to see Jormag dead. You understand that better than anyone.
- Aurene: I do. But Jormag has much more power now.
- Braham Eirsson: Owl said "the Wild together can direct the fall," and I'm the harness.
- Aurene: That's a lot on your shoulders, Braham. And more is at stake.
- Braham Eirsson: Which is why the Spirits and I are gonna wake Primordus—get him focused on destroying Jormag, not the world.
- Braham Eirsson: I just need to know where Primordus is.
- Aurene: Why does that matter? Jormag will never face him voluntarily unless Jormag is certain to win.
- Braham Eirsson: So we force the confrontation. Jormag can't stay hidden from their own twin.
- Aurene: Primordus is a wild beast. There is no directing him.
- Braham Eirsson: I'm norn, Aurene—we're not afraid of beasts. Spirits of the Wild'll give him all the brains he needs.
- Braham Eirsson: We will stop Jormag. Help us.
- Aurene: I'll keep watch on you through the Mists.
- <Character name>: You agreed to that reckless..."plan"?
- Aurene: I did. You'll only understand if you walk in Braham's shoes.
- Aurene: Step into the Scrying Pool, Champion. Braham's journey awaits.
- Upon entering the Scrying Pool (Wildfire instance)
- Braham Eirsson: Can't believe I'm about to drop down into a volcano. I'm a snow guy.
- Raven: There is an open cavern below the lava—I can sense the air currents. That should make you feel much better.
- Bear: The idea was yours, Eirsson. Are you saying you're not up to the quest?
- Braham Eirsson: Nah. The plan is perfect. Jormag's not expecting us—bastard's too cocky.
- Snow Leopard: I do love a hunt when the prey doesn't see me coming.
- Braham Eirsson: Exactly. Just saying, burning alive wasn't part of my plan.
- Wolf: Good thing you're running with this pack. Channel our energy to push the lava back.
- Raven: I appreciate the rhyme.
- After channel to Spirit of Wolf
- Braham Eirsson: Guess I shouldn't be surprised there's a welcome wagon.
- Bear: Quests don't get easier the further you go.
- Snow Leopard: I'd say they get more fun. Best time I've had in ages.
- After channel to Spirit of Bear
- Bear: Trading one dragon for the other—what if we end up like Ox and the rest? What happens to the norn if we four are lost?
- Braham Eirsson: Hundreds, thousands of us have already died because of these Elder Dragons. Something has to change.
- Wolf: Braham's right. The Norn of Prophecy has lived up to his title and passed every test. Have some faith, sister.
- Raven: In the prophecy and the mysteries. As he said, Jormag has ever overestimated their own intellect.
- Snow Leopard: You'd certainly know.
- Raven: Remind me: which of us is revered for his savvy?
- Braham Eirsson: Spirits—glad I'm an only child.
- Raven: That sounds more than a little like a lie.
- After channel to Spirit of Snow Leopard
- Bear: This still seems more like recklessness than wisdom.
- Wolf: The cries of the Frozen echo in our minds already. Can you stand listening to their agony for seasons? For centuries?
- Bear: No... No, I can't. We're giving you our trust, Braham. You'd better stay true.
- Raven: Honestly, that's the easy part. He's not really clever enough to deceive.
- Braham Eirsson: Thanks?
- After channel to Spirit of Raven
- Wolf: Once we've joined with Primordus, you will still be able to commune with us, Braham.
- Braham Eirsson: Being the Norn of Prophecy's worth something. Wish it would've come with wings, though.
- Raven: You should be so lucky.
- Falling to Primordus's lair
- Snow Leopard: Enjoy the drop.
- Braham Eirsson: Here we go! Heads up, flame-brains!
- Upon arriving at Primordus's lair
- Raven: All this fire and not a spark in the dragon's head.
- Braham Eirsson: Not like you don't have experience reining in rowdies. Can't think of anyone better to lead Primordus to his last fight.
- Before fighting the boss
- Braham Eirsson: Whoa.
- Bear: Your will is greater than this challenger! Fight!
- While fighting the boss
- One of the following:
- Raven: You can sense these creatures, Braham. Anticipate its attacks!
- Snow Leopard: Every creature has a weakness to exploit. This one¨s no different. Find it!
- Wolf: This creature's no alpha. Give it a lesson!
- Braham Eirsson: That the best you've got?
- After defeating the boss
- Snow Leopard: Nice way to sharpen your claws.
- Braham Eirsson: Has Primordus always been this ugly?
- Wolf: Yes and no. Now, the infection of magic from dead gods and dragons is etched across his face.
- Bear: Gird yourselves.
- Channeling the Spirits of the Wild into Primordus
- While channeling Wolf:
- Wolf: I will tie the Spirits of the Wild together in our purpose.
- While channeling Snow Leopard:
- Snow Leopard: I will fix Primordus's ravenous hunger on his sibling—to end them both.
- While channeling Bear:
- Bear: I will strengthen the Spirits of the Wild with the fortitude and ferocity to remain ourselves, even within Primordus.
- While channeling Raven:
- Raven: I will lend Primordus the clarity and reason to recognize his enemy.
- After Spirits of the Wild return from Primordus
- Braham Eirsson: What went wrong?
- Wolf: The dragon felt no affinity with us. We were almost devoured. We need a way to anchor ourselves.
- Raven: He must be tricked into claiming the connection. How do you stop an avalanche, Eirsson?
- Braham Eirsson: You don't—you get above it... Primordus needs a champion. A champion like Ryland. A harness...
- Braham Eirsson: But what if I become li—
- Bear: Why are you doing this? The attention? The legend? The power?
- Braham Eirsson: No! I'm doing it so everyone will be safe. So my friends will survive!
- Bear: And that is your spirit, Braham Eirsson. Never doubt your spirit.
- Channel for Blessing of the Spirits
- Braham Eirsson: Aurene! I know this wasn't exactly the plan, but we will bring the twin dragons together. No matter what it takes.
- Braham Eirsson: Tell the commander...this is my choice.
- In the Eye of the North
- <Character name>: Braham! Where—did he survive?
- Aurene: I believe he was able to bond with Primordus, yes. But I'm cut off from him now.
- <Character name>: Braham's sacrificed himself to protect us all. How could he—
- Aurene: His plan could very well succeed. If Jormag and Primordus are coaxed into confrontation, they will destroy each other.
- <Character name>: But what happens to Braham when they do?
- Aurene: It was his choice. We have to respect it, no matter the outcome. We owe him that.
- The lava during this story step uses Draconis Heat skill and applies Burning.