Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)
Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)
13 25 11
Lion's Arch (Under Attack!) is only accessible during evacuation cycles when miasma levels in the city have subsided. The evacuation cycles start at 5 minutes past every hour and end at 50 minutes past the hour. The city can be accessed through regular portals in Cornucopian Fields in Gendarran Fields or Archen Foreland in Bloodtide Coast as well as through an asura gate in Bouldermouth Vale in Lornar's Pass after each event has been completed.
- Break the Molten Alliance's morale to gain entry to Lion's Arch (45) [Group Event]
- Break the Aetherblade morale to gain entry to Lion's Arch (31) [Group Event]
- Break the Toxic Alliance's morale to gain entry to Lion's Arch (34) [Group Event]
|White Crane Terrace|
- Stop the Molten miasma deployment (80) [Group Event]
- Defend the Fort Marriner rally location (80)
- Failure: Drive the Molten Alliance from the rally location (80)
- Get Lawson Marriner safely to the fort
- Protect the lighthouse workers as they flee the city (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Champion Molten Berserker
- Stop the Aetherblade miasma deployment (80) [Group Event]
- Defend the Trader's Forum rally location (80)
- Failure: Drive the Aetherblades from the rally location (80)
- Get the children safely out of Lion's Arch (80) [Group Event]
- Protect the Black Lion Dolyaks (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Elite Aetherblades (80) [Group Event]
- Stop the Toxic miasma deployment (80) [Group Event]
- Defend the Postern Ward rally location (80)
- Failure: Drive the Toxic Alliance from the rally location (80)
- Protect the ogres as they flee the city (80) [Group Event]
- Protect the racing moas as they escape the city (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Champion Toxic Wurm Queen (80) [Group Event]
- Speaking with Rox at Trader's Forum
- Grab a spot, my friend! We're keeping the plaza secure so citizens can escape. Could use your help.
Looks like they're here in force.
- You could say that again. What they lack in organization and strategy, they make up for in numbers.
You think Scarlet's leading the charge?
- I think Scarlet pointed her alliance muscle in a direction and said, "Go do bad things to good people." And then, I think, she forgot them.
- Well, I mean, she turned to her own plot. These troops are just chaff to keep us distracted from her true plan.
We still have to protect these citizens.
- Yup. And that's the burn. Her diversion is actually working. We're too busy saving people to focus on her. Soon, though. Soon.
- I'm on it.
- Speaking with Braham at Trader's Forum
- I figured I'd see you up here fighting these Aether-dregs. This situation is so serious, though, I'm almost not having any fun taking them down. How is one squeaky little turnip pulling all this off? And why?
She's been working toward this for over a year.
- That's a long time. I wish we could have predicted this back when we were fighting the Molten Alliance—back in those early days. I'd have hunted her down and pulled her out like the weed she is.
We all wish that. She's gotten extremely powerful.
- I understand how she burgled and bluffed these alliances together, but I don't get why. What could she possibly want?
The answer to that lies with the green probe.
- Yeah, Taimi thinks she's mapping ley lines so she can tap them for their energy.
Where is your little buddy?
- She's not MY buddy. But, she was heading toward the camp outside the Vigil fort to annoy the refugees there. If we're lucky, they'll toss her off a mountain.
You don't mean that.
- (laugh) No. I don't guess I do.
- Uh-huh. That's what I thought.
Anyone spotted Scarlet yet?
- I don't think so. She can't be far away though. Her alliances are obviously securing the city so she can drill at the probe site.
- Good to know.
- Speaking with Marjory Delaqua at Postern Ward
- This is far worse than I ever imagined anything could be. Everyone's saying it's Scarlet.
What else are they saying?
- Her allies are all over the city. Molten Alliance are attacking the south side, and Aetherblades are invading the streets to the north.
We knew this would happen.
- You figured it out. I hate that you were right. She's landing that giant drill on the probe. Taimi must be right about it being a ley line.
And she's taking no chances.
- No, she's hitting us with everything she's got—all the better to ensure success. I don't see how we can win this one.
- Our focus, for now, is to keep the exit paths open.
- Speaking with Kasmeer Meade at Postern Ward
- This is worse than the Tower of Nightmares. The miasma is lethal if it gets too thick, but at least it doesn't make us hallucinate.
If only we'd figured it out sooner.
- It wouldn't have mattered. I heard Ellen Kiel tried to convince the Ship's Council to increase defenses, and they pooh-poohed her.
No one wants to believe the end is near.
- Well, now they have a tragedy on their hands. All of Lion's Arch's subjects are dead, dying, or fleeing.
- Yes. We need to focus on keeping the escape routes open.
- You may be right.
- Speaking with Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed at Fort Marriner
- Dig in and ready yourself for a fight. Scarlet's thugs are not taking this fort!
- That lunatic Scarlet came from the skies, burning and gassing the city. We're holding Fort Marriner so people can flee to safety and so we can gut Scarlet's thugs.
- I'm ready.
- Across the whole zone
- Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Don't worry about the miasma. Focus on searching for survivors.
- Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed: (cough) That's a foul stench. The miasma must be getting thicker.
- Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed: The air...(cough)...too poisonous. Get out of the city. That's an order.
- At Trader's Forum
- Rox: They picked on the wrong city.
- Braham Eirsson: Ummm, this looks like a full-on invasion to me.
- Rox: I think you're right. They're killing anyone who hasn't evacuated yet. We have to get noncombatants out of here.
- Braham Eirsson: Aetherblades. Hmph.
- Rox: Hopefully the Canal Ward gate to Gendarran Fields is still open. Citizens can flee that way.
- Braham Eirsson: I'm not fleeing. I'm fighting.
- Rox: Fair enough. Then I am too.
- Rox: Hey, Braham! You got some Aetherblade stuck in your teeth!
- Rox: Now that you're here, the enemy's in trouble.
- Braham Eirsson: Hey, friend. I've got your back.
- At Postern Ward
- Marjory Delaqua: In case I don't get the chance later, let me just say...I'm happy you're here.
- Marjory Delaqua: We'll get this done together, pal.
- Kasmeer Meade: I'll watch your back.
- Kasmeer Meade: Oh no you don't!
- Marjory Delaqua: No fight like the present, hm my friend? (chuckle)
- Kasmeer Meade: Wow, you look great.
- Kasmeer Meade: I'm so glad you're here.
- Marjory Delaqua: Kasmeer, stay close. Do you smell that? It's the Toxic Alliance. They've left their mark all over this place.
- Kasmeer Meade: I don't like the looks of this. Scarlet's taking over the entire city.
- Marjory Delaqua: Taking it over or destroying it. I'm not sure which.
- Kasmeer Meade: All these poor Lion's Archlings. Tossed from their homes.
- Marjory Delaqua: Archlings?
- Kasmeer Meade: (Laugh) Yes. I didn't like Lion's Archers. C'mon. Let's clear some of these glowy things out of here.
- At Sanctum Harbor
- Ellyna Graidy: Dad. Forget the lighthouse! We need to get out of the city.
- Priest Graidy: Not yet, honey. Approaching vessels need to be warned off.
- Ellyna Graidy: Dad...
- Priest Graidy: Just go. I'll be right behind you. Until then, may Dwayna keep you in her arms.
- Priest Graidy: I love you, bunny.
- Ellyna Graidy: I love you, bear.
- Ellyna Graidy: All right. Get me out of the city, and then come back for my father.
- At Fort Marriner
- (After Commodore Lawson Marriner is rescued, Canach leaves his cell and goes with Sheriff Siriam towards Captain Ellen Kiel's airship; after the Molten Berserker is defeated, Ellen Kiel and Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed join them)
- Captain Ellen Kiel: Everyone, get aboard the airship! We are leaving!
- Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Belay that order. Keep fighting. We aren't losing the fort.
- Captain Ellen Kiel: Magnus, you're hurt. And the fort is gone. Get aboard now!
- (They all board the airship and leave)
- At Grand Piazza
- (After Protect the Black Lion Dolyaks event succeeds. This is the special escort version that only happens at 40 minutes past the hour and occurs only once per cycle, Evon Gnashblade is with the dolyaks in this escort version)
- Evon Gnashblade: Get outta my way, runt. I gotta get merchandise through that gate.
- Captain Shud: Hurry it up, Evon. I have citizens here who need this gate.
- (Evon's dolyaks move slowly to the asura gate)
- Captain Shud: Evon, move your dolyaks. I need to get these people out of the city and shut down the gate.
- Evon Gnashblade: What? That's your problem? Don't worry, Shud. I got you covered.
- (Evon and dolyaks enter asura gate, then it shuts down)
- Captain Shud: That greedy...! How did he shut down the gate?
- Captain Shud: Never mind. Get to the city exits.
- (Captain Shud and civilians leave in a different direction)