Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons
The cycle is reborn. Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons is the third expansion for the award-winning and critically acclaimed MMORPG Guild Wars 2. The dragon cycle that has sustained and blighted Tyria for ages is collapsing. Mortal hearts and choices will define this moment in history—and echo in the future forever.
Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons is the third expansion pack for Guild Wars 2. It was announced on March 12, 2020. Its title, along with a teaser trailer, was revealed on August 25, 2020. Currently, it is slated for release in late February 2022. Four beta events will be available for all players: see the beta page for detailed info.
- External source — creating a new account or upgrading an existing account requires the redemption of the serial code
- In-game panel — upgrading an existing account will automatically be applied to the account used to purchase the upgrade
- Editions available
- Standard Edition ($29.99 / €29,99 / £25.99)
- Deluxe Edition ($54.99 / €54,99 / £47.99)
- Ultimate Edition ($79.99 / €79,99 / £69.99)
- Collection Standard Edition ($49.99 / €49,99 / £43.99)
- Collection Deluxe Edition ($74.99 / €74,99 / £64.99)
- Collection Ultimate Edition ($99.99 / €99,99 / £86.99)
|Items||Standard||Deluxe||Ultimate||Collection Standard||Collection Deluxe||Collection Ultimate|
|Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons (expansion)||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns & Path of Fire (expansions)||0||0||0||1||1||1|
|Flame Serpent Weapon Chest||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Shing Jea Mosaic Cape||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Prodigy of Shing Jea Title||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Shared Inventory Slot||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Max Level Boost||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Additional Character Slot||0||1||1||0||1||1|
|Shing Jea Dragon Boat Skiff Skin||0||1||1||0||1||1|
|Canthan Raptor Skin||0||1||1||0||1||1|
|Identity Repair Kit||0||1||1||0||1||1|
|4000 Gems ($50 / €50 / £42.50 value)||0||0||1||0||0||1|
Upgrading to Deluxe Edition
Players who have bought the Standard version of the expansion can choose to upgrade to the Deluxe version via the Black Lion Trading Company for 2,400 . You cannot upgrade to Ultimate from either Standard or Deluxe.
Pre-purchase became available on July 27, 2021 and accounts that pre-purchased any edition received:
- Primary article: End of Dragons story
Over two centuries ago, the Empire of the Dragon severed all bonds with central Tyria and Elona. Cantha has its own history of turmoil and triumph, reflected in ancient landmarks, enduring artistry, and modern life. The Jade Wind petrified everything it touched, devastating the southeastern coastal regions. A stone sea holds no food—but it’s absorbed centuries of magic. Canthan innovators have long sought practical applications for the material now known as “dragonjade,” achieving solutions undreamed of elsewhere in the world. New innovations are on the horizon…
Canthian scholars, adventurers, and soldiers have developed unique disciplines for each of the nine professions. Some traditions have been refined over the centuries, while others have adapted to recent technology and changes in the world. Combat specialists from Cantha and abroad will find great opportunities to exchange stories and share knowledge.
Nine new elite specializations, one for every profession
- Guardian: Willbender (offhand sword, stance-like virtues, physicals)
- Revenant: Vindicator (greatsword, Legendary Alliance Stance with dual legends)
- Warrior: Bladesworn (offhand pistol, gunsaber, armaments)
- Engineer: Mechanist (mainhand mace, signets)
- Ranger: Untamed (hammer, cantrips)
- Thief: Specter (scepter, shadow shroud, wells)
- Elementalist: Catalyst (hammer, augments)
- Mesmer: Virtuoso (mainhand dagger, bladesong replacing shatter, blades replacing clones, psionic)
- Necromancer: Harbinger (mainhand pistol, Harbinger Shroud replacing Death Shroud, elixirs)
- The Siege Turtle — a new, two-person combat mount as part of the mastery system
- Skiffs — portable boats you can take anywhere
- Fishing — find fish anywhere in the world
- Siege Turtle — two-player mount
- Arborstone Revitalization —
- One unnamed mastery lines
- Generation 3 of Legendary Weapons — Up your arsenal with new spectacular sets of third generation legendary weapons and precursors. All 16 of these legendary weapons are themed after Aurene.
- Strike Missions — Lead a fierce squad, battle, earn enticing rewards, and be a reckoning force.
- Community created event for End of Dragons
- Guild hall — Stake a new guild domicile—in re-imagined Canthan nostalgia.
First screenshot from End of Dragons
- Concept art
- Primary article: Category:End of Dragons concept art
Shing Jea, "I know you and yet I don't."
Echovald Forest, "Strange familiarity."
Echovald Forest, "A song half remembered."
An unnamed island, "The wheel turns."
Concept art by Salvatorre Yazzie.
Concept art by Sergii Golotovskiy. "Catacomb".
Concept art by Matthew Pugnetti.
Siege Turtle concept art by Matthew Pugnetti.
Concept art of a Canthan settlement.
Strike Mission concept art.
- Despite the expansion's name, it has been stated by the developers and the Studio Director that End of Dragons is not the end of the Guild Wars 2 storyline nor the end of the game development.
- Connor Fallon has the title of Story Design Lead on the project.
- Kwan Perng has the title of Narrative Lead on the project.
- The Sunqua Peak Fractal is supposed to give players a first taste of Cantha without spoiling the visit in End of Dragons.
- The fractal originally contained new assets from the End of Dragons expansion; however, they were removed from the final version of the fractal.
- During the Extra Life 2020 charity stream:
- Echovald Forest and Shing Jea were confirmed by Matthew Medina and Tracey West to be explorable .
- It was hinted that there were several easter eggs not yet discovered in the trailer for End of Dragons. Soon after, a flag with an icon looking like the Aetherblades emblem was found, and was confirmed to be correct later during the stream by Rubi Bayer.
- Official Website
- Official Expansion Teaser
- Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Expansion Trailer
- Animated version of the Shing Jea Concept art
- Guild Wars 2 reveals the Guardian’s new elite spec, Willbender, and new Virtuoso and Harbinger details, Massivelyop.com
- Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons - Shing Jea Island
- ^ Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future, GuildWars2.com
- ^ Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, GuildWars2.com
- ^ a b c ArenaNet Studio Update: July 2021, Guildwars2.com
- ^ a b c d Prepurchase Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons
- ^ a b c Confirmed by Matthew Medina and Tracey West, Twitch.tv
- ^ a b c d Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Winter Livestream Broadcast Schedule, GuildWars2.com
- ^ Guild Wars 2 Live: Summer 2021, GuildWars2.com
- ^ a b c d e f Names taken from official site and meta data.
- ^ Tweet by Da-Hee Im, Twitter.com
- ^ Comment by Rubi Bayer, Guild Wars 2 Forums
- ^ Comment by Bobby Stein, Reddit.com
- As of now, from what I've been told by those who make these decisions, it's not the end of the game, either. — Bobby Stein
- ^ End of Dragons First Look
- Colin Johanson: As a final note for me, though this expansion is named End of Dragons, I want to be abundantly clear this is not the end of Guild Wars 2. We view End of Dragons as the next big stepping stone for this franchise, and we think the best is yet to come. There is plenty more coming after End of Dragons in Guild Wars 2. We're not going to tell you about any of it today, but we're very excited for you all to get to check it out someday.
- ^ Connor Fallon profile, LinkedIn.com
- ^ Kwan Perng profile, LinkedIn.com
- ^ Sunqua Peak: Journey to a Sacred Land, Guildwars2.com
- ^ Sunqua Peak Development, YouTube.com