Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons
The cycle is reborn.
Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons is the third expansion pack for Guild Wars 2. It was announced on March 12, 2020. Its title, along with a teaser trailer, was revealed on August 25, 2020. Currently, it is slated for release in early 2022.
A first look at the features, story, elite specializations including beta and more is planned to be streamed on July 27, 2021 on Twitch. More streams throughout 2021 are planned with news about the expansion.
- Elite specializations
- Generation 3 of Legendary Weapons
- Community created event for End of Dragons
First screenshot from End of Dragons
- Concept art
Shing Jea, "I know you and yet I don't."
Echovald Forest, "Strange familiarity."
Echovald Forest, "A song half remembered."
An unnamed island, "The wheel turns."
Concept art by Salvatorre Yazzie.
- Despite the expansion's name, it has been stated by the developers that End of Dragons is not the end of the Guild Wars 2 storyline nor the end of the game development.
- Connor Fallon has the title of Story Design Lead on the project.
- Kwan Perng has the title of Narrative Lead on the project.
- The Sunqua Peak Fractal is supposed to give players a first taste of Cantha without spoiling the visit in End of Dragons.
- The fractal originally contained new assets from the End of Dragons expansion; however, they were removed from the final version of the fractal.
- During the Extra Life 2020 charity stream:
- Echovald Forest and Shing Jea were confirmed by Matthew Medina and Tracey West to be explorable .
- It was hinted that there were several easter eggs not yet discovered in the trailer for End of Dragons. Soon after, a flag with an icon looking like the Aetherblades emblem was found, and was confirmed to be correct later during the stream by Rubi Bayer.
- ^ Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future, GuildWars2.com
- ^ Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, GuildWars2.com
- ^ a b c d ArenaNet Studio Update: July 2021, Guildwars2.com
- ^ a b c Guild Wars 2 Live: Summer 2021, GuildWars2.com
- ^ Confirmed by Robert Gee, Twitch.tv
- ^ Tweet by Kwan Perng, Twitter.com
- ^ a b c Confirmed by Matthew Medina and Tracey West, Twitch.tv
- ^ a b c d e f Names taken from official site and meta data.
- ^ Tweet by Da-Hee Im, Twitter.com
- ^ Comment by Rubi Bayer, Guild Wars 2 Forums
- ^ Comment by Bobby Stein " As of now, from what I've been told by those who make these decisions, it's not the end of the game, either.", Reddit.com
- ^ Connor Fallon profile, LinkedIn.com
- ^ Kwan Perng profile, LinkedIn.com
- ^ Sunqua Peak: Journey to a Sacred Land, Guildwars2.com
- ^ Sunqua Peak Development, YouTube.com