Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons
The cycle is reborn.
— Official website
Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons is the third expansion pack for Guild Wars 2. It was announced on March 12, 2020. Its title, along with a teaser trailer, was revealed on August 25, 2020. Currently, it is stated to be released in 2021.
Shing Jea, "I know you and yet I don't"
Echovald Forest, "Strange familiarity"
Echovald Forest, "A song half remembered"
Unknown character, "A promised future"
An unnamed island, "The wheel turns"
- Despite its name, it has been stated by the developers that End of Dragons is not the end of the Guild Wars 2 storyline.
- Connor Fallon has the title of Story Design Lead on the project.
- Kwan Perng has the title of Narrative Lead on the project.
- The Sunqua Peak Fractal is supposed to give players a first taste of Cantha without spoiling the visit in End of Dragons.
- The fractal originally contained new assets from the End of Dragons expansion; however, they were removed from the final version of the fractal.
- During the Extra Life 2020 charity stream:
- Echovald Forest and Shing Jea were confirmed to be explorable by Matthew Medina and Tracey West.
- It was hinted that there were several easter eggs not yet discovered in the trailer for End of Dragons. Soon after, a flag with an icon looking like the Aetherblades emblem was found, and was confirmed to be correct later during the stream by Rubi Bayer.
- ^ Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future, GuildWars2.com
- ^ Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, GuildWars2.com
- ^ 8th Anniversary Livestream
- ^ Confirmed by Raymond Lukes, Twitch.tv
- ^ a b c d e f Names taken from official site and meta data
- ^ Comment by Rubi Bayer, en-forum.guildwars2.com
- ^ Connor Fallon profile, LinkedIn.com
- ^ Kwan Perng profile, LinkedIn.com
- ^ Sunqua Peak: Journey to a Sacred Land, Guildwars2.com
- ^ Sunqua Peak Development, YouTube.com