- 1327 AE
- Living World Season 1
- Battle for Lion's Arch
- Sanctum Harbor
- Talk with friends about the situation.
- Confront the injured Scarlet
- Finish Scarlet
- Attack Scarlet while her shield is down
- Check up on your friends
- Return to Lion's Arch
- Initial success
- Subsequent successes
Initially walk down the ramp and towards Scarlet; a cutscene will play. Once done, head back towards Scarlet. She will throw grenades that individually don't do much damage but can knockback players; attempting to get close to her will result in a wide-range Point Blank AoE attack with animations just like in the cutscene, launching you as far back as where you began after the cutscene. Finishing Scarlet at this point will reward the Nowhere to Hide achievement (see below for tips).
After about a minute, Scarlet will put up a shield. At this point you'll have to wait for Kasmeer to make a multitude of "Lady Kasmeer Meade" clones. Scarlet's shield will go down for about a second as she attacks the clones one by one - these attacks deal much more damage than before and can down players easily. While the shield is down, simply attack her with anything that can damage downed foes (necromancer marks, for example, won't work). If you don't attack her, Kasmeer's taunting will begin to cycle for a few times, but after a while the instance will move on as if you finished Scarlet.
After hitting Scarlet once, she will stop acting, and you must run up and use a Finisher on her. You cannot kill her by simply attacking, as her health never lowers. However, if you just attack constantly, she will eventually die as if your finisher was used, and the instance will continue. It is impossible to not complete this instance once you trigger the fight with Scarlet if you don't leave it.
- Nowhere To Hide walkthrough
The Nowhere To Hide achievement requires players to defeat Scarlet before she can activate her shield. This can be done by using a skill that applies the quickness effect, such as Quickening Zephyr, to reduce the cast time of your Finisher to less than the cast time of Scarlet's PBAoE knockback. The Stability and Swiftness boons are also helpful to wade through Scarlet's initial barrage of grenades and close the gap quickly, but are not required; note that Stability will not prevent the knockback from Scarlet's PBAoE attack.
Timing is essential. Scarlet will begin charging her knockback before you get into range for your finisher. With Quickness active, your Finisher will land roughly half a second before the knockback is fully charged. Using swiftness can close the gap to Scarlet, allowing you arrive next to her before her knockback begins charging, giving you more time. Having your Finisher interrupted by the AoE leaves too little time to try again before the battle advances to the next phase.
Mesmers, Necromancers and Rangers should note that pets, minions, and clones that walk into melee range of Scarlet ahead of you, will cause Scarlet's knockback skill to begin charging. This frequently results in her knockback casting before your Finisher.
After initial cinematic:
- Rox: Good. We're all here.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah, and just in time too. Scarlet's wounded.
- Marjory Delaqua: Be careful. Just because she's down, doesn't mean she's out.
- Kasmeer Meade: All together then? (hiccup).
- Rox: All together. Let's finish this for good.
- Marjory Delaqua: Why don't you lead the way? We'll be right behind you.
If you run past the group before they finish talking:
- Braham Eirsson: She/He's got the right idea. Enough words: today we finish Scarlet.
Down the ramp:
- Braham Eirsson: You're about to get your wish, Rox. Looks like the Stone warband's within your grasp.
- Rox: As is glory for you, Braham. We'll do this together.
- Kasmeer Meade: Jory, I... (hiccup) I have a bad feeling about... (hiccup)
- Marjory Delaqua: Don't worry. I've arrested plenty of scum like her.
- Scarlet Briar: Just look at you. (huff huff)
- Scarlet Briar: All you...heroes.
- Scarlet Briar: And here, at the center, little ol' me. Aren't you even curious about why I did it? All this chaos and destruction?
- Braham Eirsson: It doesn't matter now. You're done.
- Marjory Delaqua: You've failed.
- Scarlet Briar: Wrong. Tyria will bow before a new master.
- Rox: No. We'll stand together against any enemy.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah! We're Tyrians. And we don't like getting pushed around.
- Scarlet Briar: (laugh) (cough) So what now? You big, strong heroes going to take me to jail?
- Marjory Delaqua: Something like that.
- Kasmeer Meade: Jory, be careful.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'll do something, all right. I'll end this for good.
- Scarlet Briar: That's it. Come and get me—if you dare.
- Rox: Braham! Talk to me. Your leg...
- Braham Eirsson: ...Is broken. I know (groan) I'll be okay. Go. Get her.
- Rox: What? Go? No. I can't leave you here like this. It's too dangerous. We have to get you out of here.
- Braham Eirsson: Go, Rox. It's your chance to get in the warband. You have to.
- Rox: I don't have to do anything. I'm not leaving you alone in such a vulnerable position.
- Kasmeer Meade: Jory? (hiccup) Jory! (hiccup)
- Kasmeer Meade: Oh, sweet Dwayna, help her. She's not... (sob) (hiccup)
- Kasmeer Meade: You monster!
Speaking with allies before killing Scarlet:
- Braham Eirsson: Urgh. Don't worry about me. Finish her!
- Hold on there buddy, I've got this.
- Rox: Frostbite and I will cover Braham and Jory! Get in there and kill Scarlet before it's too late!
- Count on me.
- Scarlet Briar: You're ruining everything!
- Scarlet Briar: I don't have time for this. Core losing integrity.
- Scarlet Briar: Why can't you just leave me alone?
- Scarlet Briar: Can't you see I'm working here!
- Scarlet Briar: Get back, this is my drill. Mine!
- Scarlet Briar: I'll take you all down with me if I have to.
- Scarlet Briar: This was inevitable. I won't let you spoil it.
- Scarlet Briar: I hate you. Hate you. Hate you!
- Scarlet Briar: Stop stopping me!
- Scarlet Briar: You can't get through my shield. I will finish what I started here. I will.
- Kasmeer Meade: I'll keep her occupied. You get in there and...do what needs to be done.
Kasmeer taunting Scarlet while fighting (repeats):
- Kasmeer Meade: I'm over here!
- Scarlet Briar: Oh, princess—es. I'll kill every last one of you.
- Kasmeer Meade: No, I'm over here
- Scarlet Briar: You can't fool me. I've seen the other side of the Eternal Alchemy.
- Kasmeer Meade: You couldn't hit a city gate!
- Scarlet Briar: Now you're making me angry!
- Kasmeer Meade: Ceara! Ceara, Ceara, Ceara!
- Scarlet Briar: That's not my name!
- Kasmeer Meade: What's the matter, Ceara?
- Scarlet Briar: Stop calling me that! It's not my name!
- Kasmeer Meade: Listen! Her shield drops when she attacks. Make it count! End this! NOW!
- Kasmeer Meade: Psst. Here I am.
During the fight:
- Scarlet Briar: This isn't how it was supposed to go. (once dealt damage)
- Scarlet Briar: You fools. You think my death...saves you? Too...late... (when finished)
After the fight:
- Kasmeer Meade: Jory! (hiccup) Oh gods, are you okay?
- Kasmeer Meade: Jory! Oh Jory, I thought you were... I thought... (sob)
- Marjory Delaqua: Hush, love. I'm okay. Rox worked some battlefield magic on me. It's okay, honey. I'm going to be okay.
- Braham Eirrson: Guess it's a good thing you stayed behind, huh?
- Rox: Definitely a good thing, my friend. Definitely a good thing.
- Rox: All right, hero. That's enough cuddling for now. You better report this to Magnus. I bet everyone on the ground could use some good news.
- Rox: Huh? What the...
After final cinematic as the Breachmaker begins to shake:
- Braham Eirsson: Ah, yak spit! We need to retreat!
- Braham Eirsson: Whole place is coming down!
- Braham Eirsson: Hurry!