Marjory's appearance before Living World Season 3.
Marjory's appearance at the start of Living World Season 3 episode Out of the Shadows
Listen closely. There are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them. Together, you and I can make a difference.
Marjory Delaqua is a human detective of Canthan descent. She is the business as well as romantic partner of Kasmeer Meade, and forms half of Delaqua Investigations. She was formerly a member of the Durmand Priory and still occasionally exchanges information with them. In 1326 AE, after the murder of Captain Theo Ashford, Marjory was tasked with locating the Aetherblade Retreat, an endeavor in which she was highly successful.
Marjory got her start in the Ministry Guard of Divinity's Reach, but left after witnessing Ministry Guard Henrick Baker murder a young boy for threatening to unravel a conspiracy surrounding a Minister who captured and tortured a woman with dark magic. The boy's ghost entrusted his weapons to Marjory, but unfortunately the ghost was dispersed by Kraig the Bleak before Marjory could interrogate it properly. With the help of a mysterious benefactor known only as "E", Marjory then decided to leave the Ministry and become a private investigator. The case of the ghost boy remains unsolved to this day.
When the Tower of Nightmares appeared in Kessex Hills, Marjory and Kasmeer were there on the scene to investigate. With the help of adventurers, Marjory was able to develop an antitoxin for Scarlet's poison and deliver it to the heart of the tower, destroying it. She later fought the Twisted Marionette in Lornar's Pass with Braham, Rox, and Taimi. Later, Marjory once again puts her head together with Kasmeer (and Vorpp) trying to determine Scarlet's plans, and concluded she was aiming to attack Lion's Arch.
The group were too late to stop the attack, but Marjory and Kasmeer traveled to the besieged city nonetheless to assist in the evacuation of its citizens. After the miasma cleared out, they joined the assault of the occupied city, and eventually found themselves aboard the Breachmaker, Scarlet's airship. Marjory and Braham approached Scarlet, intending to put her down, but were knocked back by a powerful blast, with Braham injured and Marjory thought dead. However, Rox was able to work some battlefield magic on her while an enraged Kasmeer engaged Scarlet.
- Divinity's Reach
- Lion's Arch
- Kessex Hills
- Lornar's Pass
- Episode 7: Dragon Bash
- Episode 13: Tower of Nightmares
- Episode 14: The Nightmares Within
- Special Event: The Nightmare Is Over
- Episode 16: The Origins of Madness
- Episode 17: Edge of the Mists
- Episode 18: Escape from Lion's Arch
- Episode 19: Battle for Lion's Arch
- Episode 20: Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath
- Special Event: Festival of the Four Winds
- Episode 1: Gates of Maguuma
- Episode 2: Entanglement
- Episode 4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 7: Seeds of Truth
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
- Act I:
- Act II:
- Act III:
- Act IV:
- Episode 1: Out of the Shadows
- Episode 2: Rising Flames
- Episode 5: Flashpoint
- Act III
- vulnerable. Vulnerability applied increases against foes below the health threshold. Rending Claws - Slash your foe twice with ghostly claws to make them
- life force per strike. This attack deals increased damage per stack of vulnerability on your target. Ghastly Claws - Summon spectral claws to slash your foe in a quick flurry of strikes, gaining
- Cripple nearby foes and convert their boons into conditions. Release an Unholy Burst on foes below the health threshold. Unholy Feast -
- blinding multiple foes. Transfer three conditions to your target on a successful attack. Deathly Swarm - Unleash an insect swarm,
- weakness and bleeding on foes in the target area. Enfeebling Blood - Inflict
- flesh wurm to attack foes. Summon Flesh Wurm - Summon an immobile
For previous dialogue, see here.
- At Dragon's Stand (Heart of Thorns) before completing Hearts and Minds
- I'm not sure how to feel. This is it, the culmination of everything we've worked toward over the past two years. I feel nervous and anxious, and I feel ready to bury Belinda's sword deep into Mordrem's heart.
Belinda's memory will see you through the coming battle.
- I've lost people before, but Belinda... I wasn't prepared for how deeply her loss wounded me. She was my family. My sister. A part of me.
That's why we keep on fighting, so no one else has to lose a part of themselves.
- That's right. Just say the word, Boss, and we'll teach that dragon a thing or two about suffering.
- Soon, Jory, soon. For Belinda.
- At Dragon's Stand (Heart of Thorns) after completing Hearts and Minds
- I can't believe it's really over. I've barely had time to process anything since Belinda died. I feel like this fog of dread has finally been lifted from me.
- Kas have been uncharacteristically quiet.
I've been worried. You and
- We've been dealing with a lot. Some of it's...personal and I'd rather not discuss it. It's time to celebrate our victory. You earned a few smiles.
I couldn't have done it without you and the rest of the guild.
- That's exactly what a great leader should say. Sorry, I don't mean to put you on the spot, but I really do mean it. This guild is strong because of your leadership.
- Thank you.
For previous dialogue, see here.
- Join me.
- It's you.
- Can't get enough of me, huh?
- You're my lucky charm.
- Well, hello there.
- Hey, sugar.
- Hello, good-lookin'.
- What's the word?
- I'm armed and dangerous.
- I'm ready when you are.
- Let's get this show on the road.
- Here we go.
- Enemy defeated
- Okay. If that's how you want to play it.
- See you...on the other side.
- Renders/Concept art
Portrait by Jamie Ro.
- Marjory is voiced by Sumalee Montano.
- Much of Marjory's dialogue is delivered in a film noir style.
- During the story of Heart of Thorns she wore Trickster's Light-Armor Skin, which was eventually made available to players via the Gem Store. She currently wears Marjory's Shrouded Outfit which appears for the first time in the Living World Season 3 episode Out of the Shadows.
- Marjory's house, The Delaqua and Meade Residence, is located in the Eastern Commons of Divinity's Reach.
- The building was first labeled as "The Delaqua Residence" as part of the Edge of the Mists release.
- With the Festival of the Four Winds release, the dialogue was updated to: The name plaque reads "M. Delaqua." Below that is a handwritten addition: "and K. Meade." This suggests that the couple had moved in together.
- An alternate version of the Battle for Lion's Arch included a cutscene in which Marjory died.
- She has 3 sisters, one of which is Belinda Delaqua. The names of the other two are not known, but both are said to be married.
- According to Wild-Eye Miller the Delaqua sisters are Marjory, Belinda and Mai Trin.
- Marjory Delaqua is, after Trahearne, the second necromancer to fight with a greatsword (it was given to her in The Ghosts of Fort Salma, and first used during Return to Camp Resolve).
- Associated items
- Bowl of Marjory's Experimental Chili
- Marjory's Axe Skin
- Marjory's Dagger Skin
- Marjory's Journal
- Marjory's Shrouded Outfit
- Mini Dragon's Watch Marjory
- Mini Marjory Delaqua