Aurene as seen in Season 3 and Path of Fire.
Her. Her name is Aurene.
— The Pact Commander
Aurene, referred to as "Glint's Second Scion" by Ruka the Wanderer, is a young dragon. While it is too soon to tell if she has gained all of the her mother's abilities, she is able to gift the Pact Commander with various skills and is able to warn of future events in the form of prophetic visions, even while unhatched. This is seen in her granting the Commander a vision of Zojja and Logan in the clutches of Mordremoth and a second time of her imminent hatching and of the coming attack from Primordus's minions upon her emerging from the egg.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Location
- 3 Story involvement
- 4 Combat abilities
- 5 Dialogue
- 6 Related achievements
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Notes
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
- Primary article: Glint's Egg
Aurene hatched in the Inner Chamber of Tarir in 1329 AE, a few months after absorbing some of the magic from the surge caused by the Elder Dragon Mordremoth's death. Her hatching attracted the Elder Dragon Primordus's Destroyers which assaulted her sanctum to get to her. Thanks to the combined efforts of the Pact Commander, the Luminate of the Exalted and the mursaat Lazarus, the Destroyers were thwarted. Afterwards, the Commander named Aurene, and the Commander's sylvari ally Caithe pledged herself to act as the hatchling's guardian during the Commander's absence.
Aurene formed a close bond with the Commander, sending visions of herself through great distances via the mental link they now shared. The Commander stopped by in Tarir in between missions and helped the rambunctious hatchling undergo a series of Exalted tests to teach her valuable life lessons and thus steer her towards the path of goodness rather than selfishness so that she could one day become a great ally to the races of Tyria.
Aurene was agitated by the death of her brother Vlast at Balthazar's hands in 1330 AE, causing distress among the Exalted, Caithe and Taimi who tried to calm her down but in vain. She was lured down to the Crystal Desert after sensing the Pact Commander's distress during a prolonged duel with Balthazar. As soon as she arrived, however, Balthazar revealed that he had only toyed with the Commander to force Aurene to come to assist her champion.
Following this, the rogue God of War captured Aurene after a brief clash and slew the Commander before her eyes. The hatchling was placed within Balthazar's gargantuan Warbeast machine to act as a power source in order to harm the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik, until she was freed by the resurrected Commander during the Battle of Kodash Bazaar.
Aurene aided her champion in the final battle against Balthazar by strengthening and shielding the Commander with her magic and using a joint attack she had learned during her training with the Commander in Tarir. Aurene appeared to absorb some of the power released by the death of the rogue god before leaving the Commander behind and flying off towards Kralkatorrik. Sometime after the battle had ended, Aurene roared in a distant location, revealing that she had grown once more.
When a Brandstorm hit over the Free City of Amnoon, Aurene appeared, fighting in the skies against Branded minions such as the huge Branded Wyvern. When the wyvern landed, Aurene delivered a striking blow after the recharging crystals had been destroyed. Once the battle was over, Aurene landed as well. She gave a prophetic vision to the members of Dragon's Watch and Shadows Agent Kito about an army of Awakened, led by a mysterious figure, assaulting Tyrians from the ancient city of Fahranur.
The Pact Commander sailed to the Domain of Istan to figure out the vision and find a way into Fahranur, and was accompanied by Aurene flying beside the ship. When the Commander was captured by Warden Amala while searching for Spearmarshal Zaeim, Aurene assisted Dragon's Watch and the Sunspears in their assault on the Mordant Crescent Great Hall to liberate the pair. Once freed, the Commander continued the search for Fahranur and asked the scion to protect the Sunspears who were planning to reclaim Champion's Dawn in the meantime. Aurene did exactly that and assisted the Sunspears whenever they launched raids against the Awakened and the Mordant Crescent throughout Istan, laying down air support to cover their retreat where needed.
During the Commander's visit to the Sandswept Isles in 1331 AE, the Olmakhan charr village came under attack by Inquest golems sent from the nearby facility of Rata Primus. When the Commander, Braham Eirsson and Rox were about to be overwhelmed in the assault, Aurene arrived to provide air support and cleared a path for them to escort cubs to safety. The Commander managed to convince the surprised Olmakhan to not shoot Aurene down, explaining that the dragon was on their side.
After the golems had been routed, Aurene landed on the cliffs overlooking Atholma and met with the Commander who thanked her for her help. Learning of the Commander's dilemma over how to gather more intel on the heavily guarded Rata Primus and its environs, Aurene flew around the area and shared her sight with the Commander, startling the latter with the visual experience. Her scouting revealed a protective shield around Rata Primus, a growing number of Palawa Joko's Awakened in the area, and a communications tower used to coordinate the Inquest's ground-based facilities and forces. Using Aurene's intel to their advantage, the Commander sneaked into the compounds to disable the shields and had Olmakhan prevent them from being repaired so the Commander could assault Rata Primus directly in search of the gate hub which Joko was using to send forces to invade Tyria.
The assault on Rata Primus ended with the destruction of the gate hub and much of the facility itself. After rescuing Taimi's old friends Blish and Gorrik from the facility and narrowly escaping with Braham, the Commander reunited with allies aboard Sayida the Sly's airship and saw Aurene among them.
When Palawa Joko attempted to unleash the Scarab Plague on the Free City of Amnoon and sent dozens on Awakened to take out the Pact Commander at the docks, Aurene came to the rescue and incinerated the Awakened while assisting the Commander in stopping the scarabs from spreading. As the Commander traveled to the Domain of Kourna to establish a foothold for the allied army so they could stop Joko's plans at Gandara, the Moon Fortress, Aurene followed her champion and helped the allied army in their fights against the Awakened army.
The Commander and Braham snuck into Gandara while the rest of the army focused on fighting the Awakened and stopping the third generation Scarab Plague. The pair confronted Joko, only to fall into the lich king's trap. While Joko gloated about his impending victory and prepared to execute both the Commander and Braham, Aurene managed to sneak into the fortress and attacked Joko, catching the lich by surprise. She devoured Joko and the magic that burst out of his body and snapped at the Commander who tried to approach her. Aurene eventually collapsed from exhaustion, and Canach speculated that absorbing Balthazar's magic had changed her.
- Auric Basin
- Episode 1: Daybreak
- Episode 2: A Bug in the System
- Episode 3: Long Live the Lich
- Episode 4: A Star to Guide Us
- Adolescent Dragon
During To Kill a God
- Inside Precocious Aurene (personal instance)
- Aurene looks up at you adoringly.
- Smile at Aurene to show your affection.
- Play catch with Aurene.
- Give Aurene the dragon hatchling doll.
Give Aurene a souvenir from Divinity's Reach.
- One of the following:
- <Character name>: Something special just for you.
- <Character name>: A little something from the outside world.
- Give Aurene a souvenir from the Black Citadel. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from Hoelbrak. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from Rata Sum. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from the Grove. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from Orr. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from the Zephyrites. (Same as above)
- Never mind.
- Rising Flames: Maintain Aurene's Shield — Don't let Aurene's shield drop below 50% health. (2)
- A Crack in the Ice: Cultural Attaché — Bring Aurene souvenirs from around Tyria to teach her about the cultures of the world. (5 )
- A Crack in the Ice: Gift of Aurene — Collect the 8 parts to create an Aurene miniature. (5)
Adolescent Aurene concept art by Zhengyi Wang.
- Ruka calling Aurene "Glint's second scion" is in reference to Vlast, Aurene's older brother and Glint's eldest child.
- Despite initially residing in the Inner Chamber of Tarir, Aurene does not show up in the open world version of the chamber and is instead represented as an egg. She can presently only be encountered as a hatchling in Living World Season 3 and Path of Fire story instances and in a special personal instance introduced in A Crack in the Ice. From Daybreak onward, Aurene appears as a more grown up dragonling.
- Aurene was named after aurene glass, which has an iridescent, translucent finish, because they share a color palette as stated during the Guild Chat on December 9, 2016.
- Aurene has her own leitmotif, called "Aurene's Theme", which was composed by Maclaine Diemer.
- The initial art notes for baby Aurene described her as "Cute little female undead baby crystal dragon, infused by the power of Primordus and embeded with Mordremoth's energy".
- The Zephyrites built her and her mother a tribute, standing atop the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
- Associated items
- Fuzzy Aurene Hat
- Mini Adolescent Aurene
- Mini Aurene
- Mini Festive Aurene
- Mini Plush Aurene
- Mini Squire Aurene
- Plush Baby Aurene Backpack