Hologram of Gorrik.
Rest assured, you've got expertise and a fair dose of brilliance on your side.
Gorrik got to know Taimi when she and his older brother Blish befriended one another while attending the College of Synergetics. During Taimi's time in the Heart of Maguuma, the brothers joined the Inquest. Blish eventually transferred his consciousness into a Mark I Golemite body. This technology was developed by the Inquest, but until the M.I.G. project by Hronk's krewe, always proved fatal.
In 1331 AE, Blish and Gorrik were working at Rata Primus on the Scarab Plague samples taken from Fahranur, the First City. Gorrik was against testing the samples on living subjects but was nevertheless fascinated by the results for scientific reasons.
The brothers discovered the later Awakened invasion that was being covered up by the megacomplex's upper echelons. They took it upon themselves to send out distress signals and barricade the plague samples, as well as attempted to tamper with the Primus gate network that allowed travel without a receiving gate in order to hamper with Awakened attempts to use the gates for their own purposes.
Blish and Gorrik were contacted by the Pact Commander and Braham Eirsson who had spearheaded an Olmakhan assault on Rata Primus to investigate what the Awakened and Inquest were up to. Blish was surprised to hear Taimi's voice coming out of the Commander's personal remote communicator but quickly set the surprise aside as the brothers instructed the team where to find the gate hub so it could be shut down.
The brothers kept Awakened invaders from reaching the bottom lab and hid there long enough for the Commander and Braham to come to the rescue. Blish introduced himself to the newcomers, but before Taimi could inquire why his voice sounded different, the Commander suggested that they keep the reveal of Blish being a golem from Taimi until after they had reunited with her in person. Blish and Gorrik revealed that the Awakened presence had triggered the decontamination protocol which would make the complex self-destruct with no way of stopping it.
Teaming up with the Commander, they rushed to the vaults containing the plague samples, only to discover the samples had already been taken. They headed for the gate hub next, witnessing Palawa Joko and Commander Lonai in possession of the samples and about to flee through an asura gate. Joko taunted the Commander by promising to unleash the Scarab Plague on Central Tyria before entering the portal with the samples, leaving Lonai behind to deal with the group. During the resulting clash the gate, which Joko had tampered with to prevent anyone from pursuing him, began malfunctioning and sucked the Commander, Braham and Lonai in.
Blish and Gorrik began working on the gate to stabilize it and return the Commander and Braham from wherever the gate had sent them, using Lonai's energy signature to direct a portal to the trio's location. However, the attempts failed at first as the battling trio were being teleported around Tyria before they ended up in an unknown location somewhere in the Mists where Lonai was finally defeated. The brothers were ultimately successful in teleporting the Commander and Braham aboard Sayida the Sly's airship outside of Rata Primus and fled the complex with Gorrik's pets just as it was destroyed in an explosion.
When reunited with Taimi, she expressed fascination with Blish's condition, a welcomed change to the usual disgust or horror the brothers saw. After learning that Blish had managed to back up Inquest data on the Scarab Plague and the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik, Gorrik warmed up to the idea of working with Taimi as long as they discussed authorship hierarchy for any published research and stipulated that Taimi did not have supervisory authority.
|Mini Olmakhan Rox||Miniature||Rare||—||105,000 +|
|Volatile Harvesting Sickle||Harvesting sickle||Fine||60||4,900|
|Volatile Mining Pick||Mining pick||Fine||60||4,900|
|Volatile Logging Axe||Logging axe||Fine||60||4,900|
- Episode 2: A Bug in the System
- Episode 3: Long Live the Lich
- Episode 4: A Star to Guide Us
- Episode 5: All or Nothing
- For the last step of Beetle Juice
- That should be everything. Shall we initiate Petey's final mutation and transformation?
- Beetle Saddle)
Let's do it. (completes Beetle Juice and unlocks
- And... done! Enhanced speed, strength, and toughness. Petey has evolved into Petey Plus. I dare say if you had a saddle you could even ride him.
- Where would I find a saddle?
- Give me a moment.
- Interacting with Petey before completing Beetle Feed
- HAHAHA! What did you think would happen? Petey doesn't even like you.
- Hard to say, but I bet if you brought him the perfect meal he would love you forever. Roller beetles aren't exactly complex.
What does he like?
- I've compilled a list for you of what should be the scientifically perfect meal for Petey. I even titled it "Beetle Feed," so you wouldn't get confused.
- I'd better start looking.
- I'd better start looking.
- I see.
- Talking to Gorrik after finishing Beetle Feed in Domain of Kourna
- Gorrik: Commander, if you think of it...tell Petey I'm proud.
- In Sun's Refuge, before completing Storm Tracking
- Hi, Commander. Sorry, we're in the middle of solving a complex calculation regarding the exponential growth patterns of particles found in one of the displaced areas of Jahai.
- Blish: We got data back from Scholar Vannis out in Jahai. It's quite interesting... potentially groundbreaking.
- I won't disturb you.
- I'll leave now.
- In Sun's Refuge, after completing Storm Tracking
- Oh...yes, Commander? I'm sorry, I'm...a bit distracted right now.
Gorrik, I'm so sorry for your loss.
- I... Thank you, but...I'm sorry, Commander. I don't feel much like talking right now.
Just know that we're all here for you, whatever you need.
- For now, I just need to think. And then...work. I think I'd just like to feel useful.
- Taimi will be grateful for your help.
- I understand.
- Never mind. Sorry to intrude, Gorrik.
- In Thunderhead Peaks
- Yes, Commander?
- (After completing the heart)
- Do any of the armies have anything to trade with?
- (Prior to completing the heart)
Looks like you've got your hands full.
- There's much to be done. One: A spider infestation. Two: Soldiers in need of aid. Three: Some stupid tournament. Plus there are scores of demoralized troops that could use some cheering up.
- Yes, spiders. It's an old place, you see. Infestations are bound to happen. They've been getting after the supplies in the pantry. See if you can return them, would you?
- I had another question.
- I'm on it.
What kind of aid?
- Our soldiers working logistics are complaining they haven't had a break or a drink in hours. And the wounded in the infirmary are amassing faster than our medics can manage. They could use more hands.
- Another question for you.
- Consider it done.
Let me guess — Canach is running this tournament.
- Of course. All in service of preparing the troops, he says, which... Well, he's not wrong. But it is doing some good for morale. Head over and place some bets. The troops would love it.
- I wanted to ask about something else.
- I'll go take a look.
Demoralized troops... Maybe I can help with that.
- Thank you, Commander. Inspiring people isn't really my specialty. I tried my best. Compared them to valiant soldier ants, working for the betterment of the colony, and... I see now where I went wrong.
- One more thing before I go...
- Yeah, let me take it from here.
- I wanted to ask about something else.
- I need to head out.
Gorrik, how are you doing?
- I'm well! I'm... well. Doing my best to support Taimi—there was no way she was going to be able to handle all of this alone. But some of these tasks are...better suited for a people person.
- Can I lend a hand? (goes to "Looks like you've got your hands full.")
- I wanted to ask another question.
- I have to get going.
- I need to head out.
- Long Live the Lich: High Roller — Find the items Gorrik needs to buff up his beetle. (0 )
- Long Live the Lich: Beetle Juice — Collect "medicines" for Petey. (3 )
- In an earlier story draft for A Bug in the System, Taimi played the part of Blish and Gorrik.
- Gorrik is voiced by Ike Amadi.
- Gorrik is on the autistic spectrum, often causing him to be misunderstood.
- Gorrik, alongside his brother, seems to have been inspired by the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series, in which two alchemist brothers (of which one is trapped in armor, similar to Blish) are searching for the philosopher's stone to restore their bodies.
- Gorrik wears the Tier 1 Human Cultural Armor Researcher's armor.
- Gorrik's original name was Glubber.
- ^ The Charge
- Gorrik: The Inquest recovered the Scarab Plague in Fahranur. We've been experimenting with it, and—
- Braham Eirsson: Wait a— Those horrible plague tests on the Olmakhan? That was YOU?
- Gorrik: No! I study insects—the scarabs themselves. I was against the testing. Although the results have been fascinating.
- ^ Post by Clayton Kisko in "Cut content: anything interesting?", Guild Wars 2 Forums
- ^ a b Guild Chat - Episode 61
- ^ Guild Chat - Episode 65