The Crown Pavilion (zone)
- This article is about the zone accessible during the Queen's Jubilee and the Festival of the Four Winds. For the area within Divinity's Reach, see The Crown Pavilion.
The Crown Pavilion
Once known as the Great Collapse, the Crown Pavilion was transformed in to a gladiatorial arena in honor of Queen Jennah's jubilee and as a celebration of the human spirit to fight and endure. The arena has a circular layout, divided into six slices, with each having a corresponding theme. Enemies in the zone are watchknights under an illusion. Upon defeating an enemy, the illusion will be unveiled to be a watchknight.
After entering the zone for the first time on an account during the Queen's Jubilee, players were placed into the Opening Ceremony story instance. The zone was closed down at the start of Clockwork Chaos, but reopened once Scarlet's Playhouse was completed at least one time. The Crown Pavilion was available until September 3, 2013, except for the Opening Ceremony story and its related achievement, which were removed on August 20, along with the release of Clockwork Chaos.
The Crown Pavilion re-opened during the Festival of the Four Winds to aid in the effort to rebuild Lion's Arch. As of Festival of the Four Winds 2018 the zone has been converted into a festival area that will re-open annually. The primary draws to the zone are the Boss Blitz and Queen's Gauntlet activities.
- Entering the portal next to the Crown Pavilion Waypoint — in western Divinity's Reach
- Jumping straight down the giant hole in the Crown Pavilion area
- Using the festival travel services (Hot Air Balloons) in Divinity's Reach, Lion's Arch, the Labyrinthine Cliffs, or in any other of the major cities
Locations and objectives
- Crown Pavilion Waypoint —
- Time Trial: Pavilion Pursuit
- Meta event
- The Queen's Pavilion
- Prepare for the Boss Blitz (80) [Group Event]
- Mount race
- Pavilion Pursuit: A race is starting soon! (80) (starts when the meta event is completed)
- Historical events
- Defeat Shurakk the Savage (80) [Group Event]
- Bonus Event: Cull the Bandits (80) [Group Event]
- Bonus Event: Cull the Ogres (80) [Group Event]
- Bonus Event: Cull the Flame Legion (80) [Group Event]
- Bonus Event: Cull the Pirates (80) [Group Event]
- Bonus Event: Cull the Centaurs (80) [Group Event]
- Bonus Event: Cull the Destroyers (80) [Group Event]
The zone is divided into six slices of a circle, divided by walls and a central platform. The center acts as a hub to each slice and contains a merchant, repairs, Festival Rewards Vendor and a Sovereign Weapon Vendor. Each slice has an associated theme, making references to various races and organizations in Tyria. Destroyers have suitable molten environment, pirates have beached ships, and so on.
Each slice features an event with a legendary foe, whose defeat contributes to the Boss Blitz group event. Once the Boss Blitz starts, six events will pop up, the players have to strategically split up in order to defeat them all. All the slices contain a high density of foes with quick respawn rates, with the events spawning even more enemies while active.
|Northeast||Flame Legion||Legendary Sparcus Firesplash||Defeat Sparcus Firesplash (80)[Group Event]|
|East||Bandit||Legendary Boom-Boom Baines||Defeat Boom-Boom Baines (80)[Group Event]|
|Southeast||White Mantle||Legendary Justiciar Hablion||Defeat Justiciar Hablion (80)[Group Event]|
|Southwest||Destroyer||Legendary Pyroxis||Defeat Pyroxis (80)[Group Event]|
|West||Pirate||Legendary Wiggin the Wicked||Defeat Wiggin the Wicked (80)[Group Event]|
|Northwest||Centaur||Legendary Kuraii the Cruel||Defeat Kuraii the Cruel (80)[Group Event]|
For previous NPCs, see The Crown Pavilion (zone)/historical.
- Blitz Organizer Grayford
- Mount Trainer
- Queen Jennah
- Royal Engineer Siroa
- Shining Blade
- Kodan Icehammer
- Sovereign Weapon Vendor
- Festival Rewards Vendor
- Gauntlet Ticket Vendor
- Lionguard Aircrew
- Kuraii the Cruel (event only)
- Veteran Harathi Lancer
- Veteran Harathi Sharpshooter
- Veteran Harathi Trampler
- Veteran Modniir Beastmaster
- Veteran Modniir Berserker
- Veteran Modniir Hunter
- Veteran Modniir Sage
- Veteran Tamini Archer
- Veteran Tamini Warrior
- Sparcus Firesplash (event only)
- Veteran Flame Legion Axe Fiend
- Veteran Flame Legion Blademaster
- Veteran Flame Legion Bladestorm
- Veteran Flame Legion Igniter
- Veteran Flame Legion Fire Shaman
- Veteran Flame Legion Lava Shaman
- Veteran Flame Legion Shadowblade
- Veteran Flame Legion Smoke Shaman
- Veteran Flame Legion Stalker
- Humans (Bandits)
- Boom-Boom Baines (event only)
- Veteran Bandit Cutpurse
- Veteran Bandit Highwayman
- Veteran Bandit Poisoner
- Veteran Bandit Rifleman
- Veteran Bandit Saboteur
- Veteran Bandit Scout
- Veteran Bandit Thug
- Humans (White Mantle)
- Justiciar Hablion (event only)
- Veteran White Mantle Cleric
- Veteran White Mantle Elementalist
- Veteran White Mantle Knight
- Veteran White Mantle Mesmer
- Veteran White Mantle Necromancer
- Veteran White Mantle Seeker
- Various (Pirates)
- Covington Pirate Thug
- Wiggin the Wicked (event only)
- Veteran Buccaneer Pirate
- Veteran Buccaneer Sapper
- Veteran Buccaneer Sniper
- Veteran Covington Pirate
- Veteran Covington Sapper
- Veteran Cutthroat Pirate
- Veteran Cutthroat Sapper
- Veteran Cutthroat Sniper
- Veteran Jackdaw Pirate
- Veteran Jackdaw Sapper
- Veteran Jackdaw Sniper
- For previous dialogue, see: The Crown Pavilion (zone)/dialogue
- Upon approaching Queen Jennah (three of these lines)
- Queen Jennah: Welcome, everyone. If you haven't, I encourage all citizens to visit our Zephyrite friends on the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
- Queen Jennah: The Festival of the Four Winds belongs to all of us; it is a reminder of the heights we can achieve together.
- Queen Jennah: I hope you're enjoying the refreshments. The Zephyrites brought them all the way from Elona.
- Queen Jennah: The Festival of the Four Winds is a fine opportunity to reflect on our past victories.
- Queen Jennah: From the ruins of Dry Top to here, we've come so far together. It's important to celebrate this.
- Queen Jennah: I trust that Tyria's finest will all wish to test their mettle in the Queen's Gauntlet this year.
- Queen Jennah: And while it may seem you stand alone in the arena, your brothers and sisters in arms are with you in spirit!
- At the Gauntlet arenas, when players enter the Queen's Gauntlet
- Announcer: We have a new challenger!
- Announcer: Here's an up-and-coming fighter, back for more.
- Announcer: Always a pleasure to welcome this veteran contender back to our arena.
- Announcer: You know this superstar by now. Let's hear it!
- When players are inside the Queen's Gauntlet
- Announcer: This competitor continues to impress, but can they keep it up?
- Announcer: Our challenger better wrap things up quick.
- Announcer: Not much time left. Can our challenger make it?
- When time runs out for players in Queen's Gauntlet
- Announcer: 5...
- Announcer: 4...
- Announcer: 3...
- Announcer: 2...
- Announcer: 1!
- You could also access this zone by jumping into the pit of The Crown Pavilion. Your character would zone into the top of this zone and fall down - sometimes receiving no fall damage upon landing, other times dying.
- With Festival of the Four Winds 2018, the ogre section was replaced by the White Mantle section. However, 3 Veteran Ogres and 3 of their pets can be found along the edges in the White Mantle, pirate, and Flame Legion sections.
- Certain overlooks apply the Spectator Protection Ward effect to you, teleporting you away if you enter combat.
- The enemies in this zone are watchknights disguised by mesmer magic, so killing them doesn't contribute to Slayer achievements.