Speak to Braham and Eir in Hoelbrak.
- Visit Eir in Stonewright Steading.
- Speak with Eir.
- Follow up with Eir.
- Get directions from Eir.
- Confirm the plan with Braham.
Help the Vigil disrupt the Sons of Svanir presence in Frostgorge Sound.
- Talk to Kaolin in Arundon Vale in Frostgorge Sound.
- Help Fenris and the Vigil troops assault the Sons of Svanir at Barrowstead, and destroy their dragon totem.
- Destroy the Sons of Svanir dragon totem.
Meet Braham and Eir at the destroyed dragon totem.
- Join up with Eir and Braham.
- Let Eir and Braham have a moment.
- Talk to Eir.
- Follow up with Braham.
- Vial of Sacred Glacial Water
- Bag of Frozen Loot (3)
- Small Bag of Geodes (contains 5 Geodes)
- Icy Strongbox
- Dragonite Ore (5)
The first instance is only dialogue—listen to it and talk to the characters when prompted.
Once that is done, head to Frostgorge Sound to participate in the Breaking the Ice meta-event. You can get easy information as to what events are currently going on from Kaolin at Safewatch Vale. You need to participate in at least one of the events before the final one, Defeat the Dragon shamans to destroy their totem before Svanir reinforcements arrive, in order to trigger the story step. Then, during that event, interact with the totem in order to destroy it to open the final instance.
- Braham Eirsson
- Eir Stegalkin
- And the allies encountered normally during the Breaking the Ice event chain.
- All the foes encountered normally during the Breaking the Ice event chain.
TO: Commander <Character name>
At Stonewright Steading
Upon entering the instance:
- Frieda: Hey. Good to see you back in Hoelbrak.
Entering Eir's homestead:
- Braham Eirsson: Hello, Mother.
- Eir Stegalkin: Braham! What a surprise.
- Eir Stegalkin: Hello, old friend. What are you doing here?
- Braham Eirsson: We need to talk to you about something important.
- Eir Stegalkin: Let's sit down over here. We can talk in comfort.
- Eir Stegalkin: All right. I can see by your faces that it's serious. Tell me. What is it?
Talking to allies:
- Braham Eirsson: Tell her what we've seen Mordremoth do. We have to make her understand.
- I will.
- Eir Stegalkin: Should I be worried?
- Elder Dragon, Mordremoth, has awakened.
- Braham: It's already attacked two major forts—Fort Salma and Fort Concordia—and it's going after waypoints.
- Knut Whitebear to a summit to discuss the threat. We've come to invite
After the conversation:
- Braham Eirsson: You don't understand. This is bigger than us. Jormag is dangerous, but it's only one member of the pack of Elder Dragons.
- Eir Stegalkin: I understand more than you think.
- Braham Eirsson: No, you don't. If you did, you'd know that Mordremoth's reach is spreading. Its tendrils are showing up all over the place.
- Eir Stegalkin: The Elder Dragons each behave differently. We're only beginning to learn of Mordremoth's power. I just don't believe Whitebear would leave here while Jormag's threat looms.
Talking to Eir:
- Eir Stegalkin: Furthermore, we're not responsible for "all over the place." We're responsible for our people. I just don't think Whitebear will leave Hoelbrak right now.
And by the time Mordremoth reaches Hoelbrak, it will be too late.
- Braham: And then, our people will have two dragons attempting to destroy us all. We have to challenge the greatest threat first.
Exactly. Right now, Mordremoth is wreaking the most damage upon
- Eir Stegalkin: Hm. If what you say is true, then this may be worth a discussion, at least.
- So, you will speak with him about it?
After the conversation:
- Eir Stegalkin: I know what would make Whitebear more like to attend your summit.
- Braham Eirsson: What's that?
- Eir Stegalkin: If he had fewer headaches, he'd be more inclined to leave Hoelbrak. The Sons of Svanir have been even more trouble lately.
- Eir Stegalkin: There's a group of them who've been killing and corrupting norn. If I could tell Whitebear we'd dealt them a serious blow, well...
- Braham Eirsson: We'll take care of it.
- Eir Stegalkin: We should split up. You head straight to Frostgorge and find the totem. Braham and I will make our way there from the other side.
- Braham Eirsson: You and me—
- Eir Stegalkin: We won't be far away. Whitebear will be all the more impressed if you deal with this alone. If you're successful, I'll speak to Whitebear myself.
Talking to allies:
- Eir Stegalkin: I have every confidence that you can handle this challenge alone. I've seen you in action. Braham and I won't be far. We'll keep as many reinforcements from coming at you as possible.
All right. Where do I go?
- The Svanir have a base in the Highpeaks where they're raising a totem to Jormag. Go to Arundon Vale in Frostgorge Sound and find a hunter named Kaolin. She'll know how you can best help there.
And if I do this, you'll put in a good word with Knut Whitebear?
- I'll make sure he understands the seriousness of the situation and the need to deal with Mordremoth before it gets too much strong.
- I'm ready. I'll see you when it's done.
- Braham Eirsson: Maybe I should go with you. The Sons of Svanir can be cunning and extremely vicious. I think I should go with you.
No. Go with Eir. I want to do this on my own.
- Aw, c'mon, boss. What if something happens to you out there? I'd rather be with you than with...her.
- Do it for me. Think of her as just another hunter. I'll be fine.
In Frostgorge Sound
Talking to Kaolin
- if the event chain has not started yet
- Kaolin: Ah, you made it. Fenris and the Vigil troops are preparing to attack the Sons of Svanir.
- Why wait? Let's get this assault rolling!
Aren't you going?
- They've asked me to stay behind to find and send along reinforcements. Maybe next time.
- No worries. I'll kill enough Svanir for the both of us.
- Good luck.
- if the event chain has already started
- Kaolin: The assault on the Svanir is underway! Hurry, you can join Fenris and the others.
- Point the way, and I'm there.
- No, thanks.
Talking to Fenris
- (before the event chain started)
- Fenris: We're prepearing for our strike on the Sons of Svanir. Shouldn't be long now. (This event is in a warm-up phase and will begin soon.)
Why? What is happening?
- They've recently grown more powerful, and therefore bolder. Our hope is to knock them on their backs—remind them our forces are stronger. Then we can focus on Mordremoth.
- I see. Thanks.
- (during the meta event)
- Fenris: You made it. Just in time, too. We've ironed out our strategy.
Great. What's the plan?
- (While defending Coiled Watch)
- Hold this tower. It's a key location in our raid on Barrowstead. And don't let the Svanir take it!
- Not a problem.
- (after successfully defending Coiled Watch)
- First, we're waiting for the supply dolyaks to arrive. Then we'll move out.
- Got it.
- (At Barrowstead - just before the event starts there)
- Stay back! We're about to blow up the gate!
- (At Barrowstead - when the event to destroy the totem is underway)
- Vigil troops and Svanir ar battling at Barrowstead. Hurry, and you can help the Vigil lay waste those Svanir dogs!
- On my way!
- I'll just wing it. Thanks.
Upon entering the instance:
- Braham Eirsson: Woo, yeah! I'd almost forgotten what it was like to fight in the cold. It's invigorating!
- Eir Stegalkin: Well done, Braham. That was impressive.
- Braham Eirsson: Uh. Thanks. That was the first time I've ever seen you fight. I guess the legends are true.
- Eir Stegalkin: Oh. Thank you. Um.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah. Umm. So.
- Eir Stegalkin: So who else is starving?
- Braham Eirsson: (laugh) I could eat a whole dolyak...and its harness.
- Eir Stegalkin: (laugh) Let's head back to Hoelbrak, and we can celebrate with a feast. What do you say?
Talking to Eir:
- Eir Stegalkin: I was right. You could handle it on your own. Now, I can relay this new legendary feat to Whitebear, and he'll be more inclined to agree to your summit. You've eased his burden.
- Thank you. But I have to say no to your feast.
After talking to Eir:
- Eir Stegalkin: Thank you for destroying the totem.
- Braham Eirsson: We're always happy to send Svanir home crying.
- Eir Stegalkin: That's exactly how I feel.
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah.
- Eir Stegalkin: I have to go now. May you always walk with Wolf at your side.
- Braham Eirsson: You too.
Talking to Braham:
- Braham Eirsson: You've known Eir a long time, right? Is she always like that?
You mean strong and confident?
- Yeah, I guess. I mean, I've heard the stories, but I never connected the Eir in the legends to the Eir who is my mother. Until today. She's...an avalanche.
She has to be. She's had to move mountains.
- I see that now. I'm starting to understand why she left.
You can't move mountains with a child on your back.
- If anyone can convince Knut Whitebear to attend the summit, it's her. We norn have been loners for too many winters. I don't see how we can continue to hunt alone. Not with the Elder Dragons awake.
- Getting Whitebear to the summit will be the first step.