The Canal Ward was the northernmost area of Lion's Arch before the New Lion's Arch release on June 23, 2015. Originally it housed the crafting stations of the city. After its destruction by Scarlet, it only served as an unofficial place for the Black Lion Trading Company.
- Canal Ward Waypoint
Before Escape from Lion's Arch
- Scholar: What's the fastest way to get to Divinity's Reach?
- Lionguard: An asura gate, probably. it'll cost you, though.
- Scholar: What if I flash the gatekeeper my most charming smile?
- Lionguard: Then it'll cost you more.
- Lionguard: Where is your group from?
- Traveler: Nebo Terrace
- Lionguard: Refugees, are you?
- Traveler: Yes. We want to get as far away form centaurs as humanly possible.
- [A sharply dressed norn couple walk by two female sylvari.]
- Citizen (1): Did you see what she was wearing?
- Citizen (2): No, I was busy looking at him.
- Adventurer: Hey, which way to the outhouse?
- Citizen: We don't have outhouses. We have water closets.
- Adventurer: Like latrines?
- Citizen: Nope. They all flow into the same sewer system, and that all goes out to sea.
- Adventurer: That's more than I really needed to know.
- Citizen: Hey, you asked. Just don't ask me if anything lives down there.
- Adventurer: You've got a deal.
- Citizen (1): Find any bargains?
- Citizen (2): Today and every day.
- Citizen (1): Really? I haven't.
- Citizen (2): You have to know where to look...and how to ask.
- Scholar: I need an expert blacksmith, and money is no object.
- Citizen: You've got a lot of choices. Charr, human, norn: they're all good.
- Scholar: I want high quality, low prices, and a minimum of egotistical blather.
- Citizen: In that case, you definitely want sylvari.
- [The scholar walks up to Muireall]
- Scholar: I require assistance.
- [The scholar returns to the Citizen he originally spoke with.]
- Scholar: Thank you. That was quite helpful.
After Battle for Lion's Arch
- Lionguard: Looters. That's eight this week.
- Lionguard: They're getting bolder.
- Lionguard: Of course they are. We barely have enough Lionguard to watch the city for one shift.