Silence is the first story step of Whisper in the Dark, the first episode of The Icebrood Saga.
- Join your party at the Black Citadel.
- Rendezvous with Almorra.
- Board your flight to Bjora Marches.
- Regroup with your party.
- Enter Jora's Keep.
- Enter the barracks.
- Open the barracks door.
- Search for a way out.
- Attune to the Raven Lens.
- Exit the barracks.
- Discuss next steps.
- Exit Jora's Keep.
After some introductory dialogue, enter the northern building with Braham. The door will lock behind you. To escape, wait for the door into General's Quarters to open and pick up the Ancient Scepter on the table; this will complete the Ice-Bound achievement (see below), granting you an Icebrood Saga mastery point. Use it to unlock the Raven Bond mastery, then interact with the Raven Totem to unlock the exit.
||Whisper in the Dark
|Take the Raven lens from Almorra's desk.Story Instance: Silence
||Investigated the Keep
| Raven Lens Scholar
||Whisper in the Dark
|Find all of Jhavi's Raven lens research notes.Story Instance: Silence
|Found 1 of Jhavi's Raven Lens Research Notes
|Found 5 of Jhavi's Raven Lens Research Notes
- Collect five Research Notes scattered about the keep:
- First Research Note — In the southeastern building, on the table to the right of the fireplace.
- Second Research Note — In the northern building, on one of the beds at the south end of the barracks (eastern room).
- Third Research Note — In the southwestern building, on a shelf with weapons.
- Fourth Research Note — On the desk in General's Quarters, in the northern building.
- Fifth Research Note — Down the hall from the third note, on top of some crates.
- Almorra Soulkeeper: Commander, it's General Soulkeeper. Can you hear me?
- <Character name>: Almorra! We've been trying to reach you. Bangar's after Jormag. He thinks he can—
- Almorra Soulkeeper: I have good news. The blizzard has finally let up.
- <Character name>: Yes, but we need to stop Bangar from trying to—
- <Almorra Soulkeeper>: I know about Bangar's...aspirations. He passed through here not long ago. You may still be able to catch up with him.
- <Almorra Soulkeeper>: But first, I need your help here at Jora's Keep.
- <Character name>: What kind of help?
- <Almorra Soulkeeper>: Bring whoever you can. We'll talk there. Soulkeeper out.
- <Character name>: Rytlock...did that seem strange to you?
- <Rytlock Brimstone>: Yeah. I'll get a Vigil squad ready to go. Just give the word, and we'll check it out.
- Approaching Marjory
- Marjory Delaqua: Ready when you are. It'll be good to see Almorra's warmaster again.
- Marjory Delaqua: Jhavi's been stationed at the keep while Almorra helped us fight Kralkatorrik. Bet she hated being cooped up like that.
- <Character name>: Seems like you know Jhavi pretty well.
- Marjory Delaqua: We trained in necromancy together a long time ago. She's incredibly...efficient.
- Marjory Delaqua: But she has some big shoes to fill. Especially given that the keep is named after her ancestor.
- If norn:
- <Character name>: Jora. My people know her legend well. Have you talked to Jhavi recently? Did she...say anything about Almorra?
- <Character name>: Have you talked to her recently? Did she...say anything about Almorra?
- Marjory Delaqua: No. But I overheard that call. I'm sure things will be clearer when we talk to her. Whenever you're ready.
In the instance
- Vigil Tactician: Ride could've been smoother.
- Veteran Relief Crew Pilot: Give me a break. I could barely see in all this snow. It's a miracle we landed at all.
- On the way to the keep with your allies
- Braham Eirsson: So much for that blizzard letting up.
- <Character name>: Whatever Almorra needs must be urgent.
- Rytlock Brimstone: As long as it gets us closer to stomping Bangar into the snow—
- Crecia Stoneglow: Brimstone. We agreed we would postpone judgement until we talk to him.
- Rytlock Brimstone: YOU agreed.
- Braham Eirsson: I just want my bow back...
- Braham Eirsson: It's weird being here again. After we fought Jormag, I thought I left this place behind. Left my guildmates behind.
- Braham Eirsson: Guess I had to face them again eventually. Maybe now I can make up for...everything. Bet Jhavi's treated them well.
- Braham Eirsson: The gate's open...
- Marjory Delaqua: And no one here to greet us. This isn't like Almorra. Or Jhavi.
- <Character name>: Something feels off. Stay alert.
- Entering the keep
- Marjory Delaqua: Almorra? Jhavi?
- Crecia Stoneglow: Everyone's...gone.
- Braham Eirsson: Maybe...maybe they're on patrol.
- Marjory Delaqua: The entire camp?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Something about this place makes my fur stand on end.
- <Character name>: Not a single guard. This isn't right.
- Braham Eirsson: The barracks are in here. Should we check it out?
- Entering the barracks
- Braham Eirsson: Spirits...
- (The door closes)
- Braham Eirsson: What—
- Trying to open the door
- Braham Eirsson: We're locked in...
- If norn:
- <Character name>: You felt that push, right? Like...
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah. Spirit magic. Maybe a defense system? Might be something Jhavi set up—she follows Raven.
- <Character name>: You felt that push, right? Seems like some sort of defense system.
- Braham Eirsson: I've felt it before. Raven Spirit magic. Might be something Jhavi set up—she follows Raven.
- Marjory Delaqua: Commander? We tried opening the door from the outside, but no luck.
- Marjory Delaqua: We're going to check the other buildings while you find a way out.
- Braham Eirsson: Look at this place... Who did this?
- While searching for a way out
- Braham Eirsson: Alva. She was...she was one of my guildmates. Garm used to rest his head in her lap.
- <Character name>: I'm sorry, Braham.
- Braham Eirsson: She followed me because she thought I was our people's savior. They all did. Now I'll never get to make it right.
- Unknown: (incoherent whisper)
- Braham Eirsson: I did... I failed them...
- <Character name>: What?
- Braham Eirsson: Didn't you hear—
- Braham Eirsson: Nothing. Never mind.
- General’s Quarters door opens
- Braham Eirsson: Look. It...it opened.
- Interacting with the Raven Totem before picking up the Ancient Scepter
- This totem is decorated in the style of the Raven Spirit. It seems dormant, but a latent energy warms the air around it.
- I should search the building.
- Picking up the Raven Lens
- If asura:
- <Character name>: What is this? A lens? Some sort of norn technology? Fascinating...
- <Character name>: What is this? It looks like some kind of lens.
- Braham Eirsson: Look at the silhouette—Raven! This might be our way out. I remember seeing a totem by the door.
- Walking into the other room
- Braham Eirsson: Commander, stay back!
- <Character name>: He's dead... The Vigil put up a fight.
- Braham Eirsson: Sons of Svanir... Did they do all of this?
- If norn:
- Braham Eirsson: Always brushed them off as fanatics. Preaching their stupid gospel. You've seen it, even in Hoelbrak. Never thought...
- Braham Eirsson: Always brushed them off as fanatics. Preaching their stupid Dragon gospel, even in Hoelbrak. I never thought...
- Exploring the dormitory
- Unknown: Come closer...
- <Character name>: Who's there?
- Braham Eirsson: Commander? You okay?
- <Character name>: I—I must be hearing things.
- Interacting with the dead bodies
- (Vigil Marksman): Large, deep gashes cover this Vigil soldier. It looks like there wasn't even a chance to fight back.
- This is horrific.
- (Vigil Marksman): Multiple stab wounds in the back. The incisions suggest this was a Vigil weapon.
- This doesn't make sense.
- (Vigil Tactician): Frost marks around the wounds. And the body is frozen.
- (Vigil Tactician): The wound on this soldier is clean, with no sign of struggle.
- Did the attack happen while they slept?
- (Vigil Crusader): Another soldier who died while sleeping. How could this many people be caught unaware?
- Was the attack from inside?
- (Vigil Recruit): Unlike with the others, there appear to be signs of a struggle here. Cuts on the forearms.
- Some of them had a moment to fight back. Did they take any attackers down?
- (Son of Svanir): A Son of Svanir. From his injuries, someone in the Vigil had a chance to fight back. Could it have been Jhavi or Almorra?
- And how did they get in?
- Using the lens
- Braham Eirsson: It worked—looks like we were right. Wonder what else it can do.
- After meeting back up with the group
- If asura:
- <Character name>: We found the Vigil soldiers. They're...they're all dead.
- If sylvari:
- <Character name>: We...found the Vigil soldiers. They're...they're all dead.
- <Character name>: We found the Vigil soldiers. They're all dead.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Burn me... Almorra, too?
- Braham Eirsson: We, uh...we didn't see her.
- Crecia Stoneglow: No sign of her in the other buildings, either.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Or Jhavi. Both the general and her warmaster are missing. That strike you as weird?
- Marjory Delaqua: Hey, take a look at this.
- Approaching Marjory
- Marjory Delaqua: I found these marks under the snow. Looks like someone was dragged off.
- Braham Eirsson: Think it's Almorra or Jhavi?
- Marjory Delaqua: Possibly. And judging by the scuff marks, there was a struggle. Which means they were alive.
- <Character name>: Then we need to go out there and track them down. Whoever they are.
- Rytlock Brimstone: You forget what we're here for? Every second we spend searching, Bangar takes Ryland farther from us.
- Crecia Stoneglow: You want to leave Almorra to die? That's one of your own out there, Rytlock. One of ours.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ryland is ours, too!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Fine.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'll stay here and keep investigating. With any luck, I'll find something that can help.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Rytlock and I will send the relief crew to scout the area.
- Braham Eirsson: I'm coming with you. If any of my guildmates survived, I need to find them.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Bring them back, Commander. We'll be waiting.
- Unknown: Stay...
- At the Vigil Gate
- Braham Eirsson: Guys, I... This is my fault. All of it. If I hadn't lost my bow—
- Rytlock Brimstone: You mean if you hadn't gotten blackout drunk on a diplomacy mission.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Don't blame him, Brimstone. Ryland knew what he was doing.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Loosen the target up. Drop their defenses. I taught him that trick myself.
- Speaking with Braham
- Braham Eirsson: My guildmates... I guess I didn't talk about them much. They followed me all the way to Jormag. Believed I could beat the dragon. Save the norn. And when I failed...I couldn't face them.
- A lot of responsibility rested on your shoulders.
- That's no excuse. It's no wonder they ended up here, with the Vigil. They finally found a leader who kept her promises. Almorra and Jhavi deserve them more than I did. And now...
- We'll find them, Braham.
- We'll find them, Braham.
Almorra reached out with news: the blizzard blocking our way to Bangar has cleared, and she needs our help at Jora's Keep. I'm to meet Rytlock, Crecia, Marjory, and Braham, and together we'll fly to Jora's Keep.
I met with Marjory, and together with Rytlock, Crecia, Braham, and a Vigil relief crew, we're headed north to Jora's Keep in Bjora Marches.
We arrived at the Keep only to find the Vigil slaughtered by the Sons of Svanir—but Almorra and Jhavi are missing. The general and her warmaster could've been captured, so Braham and I will head into the wilds and attempt to pick up their trail.
— My story