- 1333 AE
- The Icebrood Saga
- Eye of the North
- Read the urgent letter.
- Meet with Aurene at the Eye of the North.
- Consult with Aurene.
- Listen to Bangar's message.
- Join your allies in Rata Sum.
- Speak to Gorrik.
- Head further into Rata Sum.
- Join Taimi at the Advanced Metamystics Lab and hear about her latest Elder Dragon research.
- Meet Taimi at the Advanced Metamystics Lab in Rata Sum.
- Speak to Taimi.
- Check out what's going on outside.
- Defend the Metamystics Lab from the destroyer threat!
- Take the asura gate and head to Rata Sum Docks.
- Defend Dawnside Quay against the destroyer threat!
- Find Braham and Gorrik in the Dockhouse.
- Clear Antidawn Anchorage of all destroyers!
- (Defeat the Empowered Destroyer)
- Elite Destroyer Emberknight
- Reconvene with your allies.
Read the letter from Rytlock. Travel to Rata Sum. Interact with the instance marker.
Speak to Taimi and wait out the dialogue. Kill the destroyers that appear in the lab, taking care not to burn to death. When they've been cleared, the Asuran Gate will bring you to the dock area.
Clear the destroyers in the dock area. When they're all cleared, and after a bit more dialogue, an elite destroyer will appear. Kill it to complete the instance.
|Complete the story chapter Primordus Rising.Journal: Primordus Rising Completed||Completed Primordus Rising||1|
- Complete the mission.
|Clear the docks within the time limit during the Primordus Rising story chapter.||Docks Cleared within the Time Limit||3|
- Eligibility can be tracked via Qualify for the Swift Cleanup Achievement which is only granted to the instance owner. However, all players within the party will get the achievement.
|Return to Primordus Rising||Return to Champions||0|
|Complete the story mission Primordus Rising in Living World Icebrood Saga Episode 5.
||Completed Primordus Rising||0|
- Complete the mission.
In the open world in the Eye of the North
- Taimi (voice only)
In the instance
- Captain Trixx (dead)
- Councillor Haia
- Councillor Ludo
- Councillor Phlunt
- Councilor Vark
- Councillor Zudo
- Dock Worker
- High Councillor Flax
- Peacemaker Officer (dead)
- Veteran Peacemaker Officer (dead)
- Elite Frost Legion Phalanx
- Frost Legion Bladestorm
- Frost Legion Crusher
- Frost Legion Musketeer
- Frost Legion Shaman
- Ryland Steelcatcher
- Destroyer Burster
- Destroyer Fiend
- Destroyer Melter
- Destroyer Soldier
- Elite Destroyer Emberknight
- Veteran Destroyer Fiend
- Veteran Destroyer Melter
- Veteran Destroyer Soldier
Talking with Jormag
I'm headed to the Eye of the North with Braham. For a while now, he's been working up the nerve to have a talk with Jormag. Not sure why he asked me to come along—hand-holding's more your thing. But I won't say no to a friend.Just so you know. In case you wanted to join.
At Eye of the North
- Upon entering the Scrying Pool
- Braham Eirsson: Just another Elder Dragon, right? We've faced those before. I mean, this one oughta be scared of me...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Uh-huh, sure—oh, good, the commander.
- <Character name>: Rytlock. Braham—
- Braham Eirsson: Fine. I'm fine.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah. He's been helping us clean up the last of the Dominion.
- <Character name>: They've gone pretty quiet.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Word got around about Bangar, they mostly fell apart. And the ones who didn't... well, Imperator Stoneglow's no pushover.
- <Character name>: Still no Ryland sightings, I take it.
- Rytlock Brimstone: No Frost Legion, no ice dragon, and yeah, no...whatever Ryland is.
- Braham Eirsson: I'm not the only one with a bad feeling about that, right?
- <Character name>: Jormag's spoken through Bangar a few times now. Hasn't said much.
- Braham Eirsson: Well, I'm in the mood for answers. Let's get some.
- Aurene: My friends—you've felt if too? The stirrings deep beneath us?
- <Character name>: Earthquakes erupting, all over Tyria.
- Aurene: So the Crystal Bloom have told me.
- Braham Eirsson: Jormag.
- Aurene: I don't believe it is. But something is moving. Something's coming.
- Rytlock Brimstone: But not the Elder Dragon. The older you get, the more I think you enjoy sounding ominous.
- Aurene: I am an Elder Dragon, after all.
- Braham Eirsson: Cage is awful close. They can't hear us, can they?
- Aurene: They can't hear anything in my presence unless I allow it.
- <Character name>: Now might be the time. Braham has some issues to work through.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Oh—the norn. You honestly think Jormag's going to tell you anything you don't already know?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Glorified megaphone, but you still love hearing yourself talk.
- Aurene: You know it's easier when you don't fight it. Take a breath. Jormag—
- Braham Eirsson: Jormag! I am Braham Eirsson. I've come to speak with you.
- Jormag through Bangar: Aurene. Ah, you're amassing your warriors! They won't be any use.
- <Character name>: You mean against the earthquakes.
- Jormag through Bangar: My brother is incapable of subtlety. He stirs. And when he awakens, it will not be with the same grace as I.
- Braham Eirsson: Grace? You've corrupted spirits with your evils and acted out crimes for thousands of years!
- Jormag through Bangar: I have a will to live. And a right. If that is a crime, no one is innocent. Do not presume to know me.
- Braham Eirsson: But I do. I know exactly what you are. I was raised on the stories. And the prophecies.
- Jormag through Bangar: Mortals. Clinging to superstitions to give your brief lives meaning.
- Braham Eirsson: You are not invincible—
- Jormag through Bangar: And so emotional. Aurene, you will never reach your potential if you surround yourself with beings like these.
- Jormag through Bangar: And reach it you must—for the sake of us all. The time has come to end Primordus.
- Aurene: That's not my role. The balance can still be maintained.
- Jormag through Bangar: The "balance" is a fantasy—another mortal superstition. Primordus will lay waste to this world. And you are not ready.
- Taimi: Um, Commander, are you busy right now?
- <Character name>: I mean... What is it, Taimi?
- Taimi: Well, we've been monitoring Mist rifts and ley lines, keeping an eye out for Jormag like you asked.
- Taimi: Haven't found Jormag, but we have found—easier to show you the data. Could you come to Rata Sum?
- Rytlock Brimstone: I know I've had enough "pompous dragon speaking through a pompous has-been" for one day.
- Taimi: Rytlock! You should definitely come too. Soon.
- Aurene: Go, Champion. Maybe Taimi can offer some clarity.
- Entering Rata Sum
- Peacemaker Chief: Look, you're required to file your claims with the dockmaster in person.
- Gorrik: This is ridiculous, you do realize.
- Peacemaker Chief: Take it up with a councilmember—once you've collected your freight.
- Gorrik: See if I won't. Finally—Commander.
- <Character name>: Everything okay?
- Gorrik: According to the Arcane Council, the sanctity of independent research is superseded by other priorities.
- Gorrik: Taimi's out at the Advanced Metamystics Lab. I'll get you to the gate. Then I have to cut through some pernicious red tape.
- Heading further into Rata Sum
- Rytlock Brimstone: Tell me I'm not seeing Frost Legion.
- Gorrik: Apparently the Arcane Council invited them. And Ryland.
- Rytlock Brimstone: WHAT?
- <Character name>: You could've led with that, Gorrik.
- Councillor Zudo: Ah, the Pact commander. Welcome. I presume you've come to hear Taimi's findings as well?
- <Character name>: You have any idea who you've let in here? What he's done?
- Councillor Zudo: Ryland Steelcatcher, Champion of Jormag. He commands the ice dragon's forces.
- Rytlock Brimstone: We've been looking everywhere for you.
- Councilor Vark: Rata Sum is no charr battlefield. What's done is done, Commander.
- Councillor Zudo: The Arcane Council deals in the present and the future. Jormag is awake—
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah, because of him.
- Councillor Zudo: —which means Primodus will not be far behind.
- Councilor Vark: Facing a common enemy, alliance is logical. I'd think the Pact commander would recognize the value of this arrangement.
- <Character name>: You would think.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: The asura have studied Primordus for ages. Foolish not to seek their knowledge. And Jormag's no fool.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Sure, as Elder Dragons go, Jormag's pretty reasonable.
- Councillor Zudo: Exactly.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Jormag and I keep our word. When Primordus rises, we will erase him out of existence.
- Braham Eirsson: Since we're all playing nice, how about you return my bow. You know, the one you stole.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Now, why would I hand you a weapon you think can hurt Jormag? "Act first, think later," right?
- Gorrik: I mean...
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Don't worry. I'll keep it safe for you.
- Braham Eirsson: Oh, I'm getting it back.
- <Character name>: Braham! Why don't you help Gorrik with his delivery on the docks. Rytlock and I can handle this.
- Braham Eirsson: Sure. Why not.
- Entering the lab
- Rytlock Brimstone: "Alliance", huh? What happened to your "charr above all" crap?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Oh, now you want to talk to me? Instead of just shouting my name?
- Rytlock Brimstone: (growls)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Spent some time with Jormag. I see the bigger picture now. Everyone has a role to play.
- Taimi: Oh great, Commander, you made it. I won't have to go through this twice.
- Taimi: I've been tracking the quakes—needle's all over the place. Way more than ordinary tectonic movement.
- Councillor Zudo: Can you tell if it's Primordus?
- Taimi: Some readings mimic Primordus's signature, some may be ley energy—and I still haven't figured out this spike...
- Councilor Vark: That can't be right. We've never seen activity this far below the crust.
- Taimi: So many blips—literally all over the map. Like bodies burrowing up.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: And where—exactly—can we expect these bodies to surface?
- Taimi: Where can't we? I mean, just look at this.
- Screen zooms out to the World map, showing Gates of Flame.
- Spikes of energy resembling Primordus's signature have been observed in this area.
- <Character name>: How long have you been seeing movement under Rata Sum?
- Taimi: What? Oh no. That is very, very not good.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Keep 'em out of the lab!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Watch your back, Commander!
- After defeating the destroyers
- <Character name>: Is it me, or were these destroyers harder to kill than last time?
- Taimi: They definitely seem bigger than I remember. Meaner, too.
- Gorrik: Help!
- <Character name>: Gorrik?
- Braham: Up the ramp! Go, go!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Talk to us, Braham.
- Braham: Destroyer problem on the docks! Could use some hands here!
- Taimi: One sec...got it! I programmed the gate for a one-way trip harborside.
- <Character name>: Let's go!
- Entering the docks
- Braham Eirsson: Burn me!
- Ryland Steelcatcher: There's too many!
- (Ryland opens a portal to let Frost Legion through.)
- Rytlock Brimstone: The hell are you doing?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Don't need your permission. Clean this up!
- Rytlock Brimstone: No sign of Braham or Gorrik on this side.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: There's an upper deck.
- Rytlock Brimstone: In there! Destroyers have 'em outnumbered!
- <Character name>: Braham can't hold them off for long!
- After rescuing Braham and Gorrik
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Councillors! Get back!
- Gorrik: Don't let them destroy my cargo!
- Braham Eirsson: Now to retake the docks.
- Councillor Haia: We'll stay up here, out of your way.
- Gorrik: Yes, what she said.
- Braham Eirsson: I don't trust Jormag's gopher at my back.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Keep up, norn.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Not a fan of crispy fur! Let's wrap this up!
- Braham Eirsson: Watch out—they're fast!
- After defeating the destroyers
- Rytlock Brimstone: Thanks. You and yours were a real help out here.
- <Character name>: Can't say I was expecting you to have my back.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: You dying doesn't help us kill Primordus, Commander.
- Braham Eirsson: You honestly expect us to believe this "alliance" stuff?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Doesn't really matter what you believe, does it.
- <Character name>: Where did these destroyers even come from?
- Braham Eirsson: One minute we're checking crates, and the next they're bubbling up from the water. Never seen...
- Braham Eirsson: Taimi! Move!
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Protect the council!
- After defeating the emberknight
- Gorrik: This specimen differs wildly from archival accounts of destroyers. Also, it's gigantic.
- Councillor Zudo: Spearhead a study of these creatures. Catalogue the evolutionary discrepancies; identify any weaknesses.
- Taimi: Let's pool resources. If I can isolate a clearer signature, we can pinpoint when and where they'll show up.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: I'd like to leave a small force in your city to wait for any information. And to protect our allies.
- Councillor Haia: The asura are more than capable of guarding our city. But we are grateful for the gesture and the alliance.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: When Primordus is destroyed, Jormag will see your former home restored to you.
- Braham Eirsson: You can't possibly promise that.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: 'Course I can. I'm the Champion of Jormag.
- <Character name>: We need to spread the word. Any place that's felt even the slightest tremor, they've got to prepare.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm heading up to Crecia; I'll pass the word on my way. Might want to put the Crystal Bloom on it, too.
- Braham Eirsson: I'm gonna stay here. Keep an eye on things for a bit.