- 1333 AE
- The Icebrood Saga
- Eye of the North
- Read the urgent letter.
- Meet with Aurene at the Eye of the North.
- Consult with Aurene.
- Listen to Bangar's message.
- Join your allies in Rata Sum.
- Speak to Gorrik.
- Head further into Rata Sum.
- Join Taimi at the Advanced Metamystics Lab and hear about her latest Elder Dragon research.
- Meet Taimi at the Advance Metamystics Lab in Rata Sum.
- Speak to Taimi.
- Check out what's going on outside
- Defend the Metamystics Lab from the destroyer threat!
- Take the asura gate and head to Rata Sum Docks.
- Defend Dawnside Quay against the destroyer threat!
- Find Braham and Gorrik in the Dockhouse.
- Clear Antidawn Anchorage of all destroyers!
- Elite Destroyer Emberknight
- Reconvene with your allies.
|Clear the docks within the time limit during the Primordus Rising story chapter.||Docks Cleared within the Time Limit||3|
- Eligibility can be tracked via Qualify for the Swift Cleanup Achievement which is only granted to the instance owner. However, all players within the party will get the achievement.
|Complete the story chapter Primordus Rising.Journal: Primordus Rising Completed||Completed Primordus Rising||1|
- Complete the mission.
In the open world in the Eye of the North
- Taimi (voice only)
In the instance
- Captain Trixx (dead)
- Councillor Haia
- Councillor Ludo
- Councillor Phlunt
- Councilor Vark
- Councillor Zudo
- Dock Worker
- High Councillor Flax
- Destroyer Burster
- Destroyer Fiend
- Destroyer Melter
- Destroyer Soldier
- Elite Destroyer Emberknight
- Veteran Destroyer Fiend
- Veteran Destroyer Melter
- Veteran Destroyer Soldier
At Eye of the North
- Upon entering the Scrying Pool
- Braham Eirsson: Just another Elder Dragon, right? We've faced those before. I mean, this one oughta be scared of me...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Uh-huh, sure—oh, good, the commander.
- <Character name>: Rytlock. Braham—
- Braham Eirsson: Fine. I'm fine.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah. He's been helping us clean up the last of the Dominion.
- <Character name>: They've gone pretty quiet.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Word got around about Bangar, they mostly fell apart. And the ones who didn't... well, Imperator Stoneglow's no pushover.
- <Character name>: Still no Ryland sightings, I take it.
- Rytlock Brimstone: No Frost Legion, no ice dragon, and yeah, no...whatever Ryland is.
- <Character name>: Jormag's spoken through Bangar a few times now. Hasn't said much.
- Braham Eirsson: Well, I'm in the mood for answers. Let's get some.
- Aurene: My friends—you've felt if too? The stirrings deep beneath us?
- <Character name>: Earthquakes erupting, all over Tyria.
- Aurene: So the Crystal Bloom have told me.
- Braham Eirsson: Jormag.
- Aurene: I don't believe it. But something is moving. Something's coming.
- Rytlock Brimstone: But not the Elder Dragon. The older you get, the more I think you enjoy sounding ominous.
- Aurene: I am an Elder Dragon, after all.
- Braham Eirsson: Cage is awful close. They can't hear us, can they?
- Aurene: They can't hear anything in my presence unless I allow it.
- <Character name>: Now might be the time. Braham has some issues to work through.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Oh—the norn. You honestly think Jormag's going to tell you anything you don't already know?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Glorified megaphone, but you still love hearing yourself talk.
- Aurene: You know it's easier when you don't fight it. Take a breath. Jormag—
- Braham Eirsson: Jormag! I am Braham Eirsson. I've come to speak with you.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Aurene. Ah, you're amassing your warriors! They won't be any use.
- <Character name>: You mean against the earthquakes.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: My brother is incapable of subtlety. He stirs. And when he awakens, it will not be with the same grace as I.
- Braham Eirsson: Grace? You've corrupted spirits with your evils and acted out crimes for thousands of years!
- Bangar Ruinbringer: I have a will to live. And a right. If that is a crime, no one is innocent. Do not presume to know me.
- Braham Eirsson: But I do. I know exactly what you are. I was raised on the stories. And the prophecies.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: Mortals. Clinging to superstitions to give your brief lives meaning.
- Braham Eirsson: You are not invincible—
- Bangar Ruinbringer: And so emotional. Aurene, you will never reach your potential if you surround yourself with beings like these.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: And reach it you must—for the sake of us all. The time has come to end Primordus.
- Aurene: That's not my role. The balance can still be maintained.
- Bangar Ruinbringer: The "balance" is a fantasy—another mortal superstition. Primordus will lay waste to this world. And you are not ready.
- Taimi: Um, Commander, are you busy right now?
- <Character name>: I mean... What is it, Taimi?
- Taimi: Well, we've been monitoring Mist rifts and ley lines, keeping an eye out for Jormag like you asked.
- Taimi: Haven't found Jormag, but we have found—easier to show you the data. Could you come to Rata Sum?
- Rytlock Brimstone: I know I've had enough "pompous dragon speaking through a pompous has-been" for one day.
- Taimi: Rytlock! You should definitely come too. Soon.
- Aurene: Go, Champion. Maybe Taimi can offer some clarity.
- Entering Rata Sum
- Peacemaker Chief: Look, you're required to file your claims with the dockmaster in person.
- Gorrik: This is ridiculous, you do realize.
- Peacemaker Chief: Take it up with a councilmember—once you've collected your freight.
- Gorrik: See if I won't. Finally—Commander.
- <Character name>: Everything okay?
- Gorrik: According to the Arcane Council, the sanctity of independent research is superseded by other priorities.
- Gorrik: Taimi's out at the Advanced Metamystics Lab. I'll get you to the gate. Then I have to cut through some pernicious red tape.
- Heading further into Rata Sum
- Rytlock Brimstone: Tell me I'm not seeing Frost Legion.
- Gorrik: Apparently the Arcane Council invited them. And Ryland.
- Rytlock Brimstone: WHAT?
- <Character name>: You could've led with that, Gorrik.
- Councillor Zudo: Ah, the Pact commander. Welcome. I presume you've come to hear Taimi's findings as well?
- <Character name>: You have any idea who you've let in here? What he's done?
- Councillor Zudo: Ryland Steelcatcher, Champion of Jormag. He commands the ice dragon's forces.
- Rytlock Brimstone: We've been looking everywhere for you.
- Councilor Vark: Rata Sum is no charr battlefield. What's done is done, Commander.
- Councillor Zudo: The Arcane Council deals in the present and the future. Jormag is awake—
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah, because of him.
- Councillor Zudo: —which means Primodus will not be far behind.
- Councilor Vark: Facing a common enemy, alliance is logical. I'd think the Pact commander would recognize the value of this arrangement.
- <Character name>: You would think.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: The asura have studied Primordus for ages. Foolish not to seek their knowledge. And Jormag's no fool.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Sure, as Elder Dragons go, Jormag's pretty reasonable.
- Councillor Zudo: Exactly.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Jormag and I keep our word. When Primordus rises, we will erase him out of existence.
- Braham Eirsson: Since we're all playing nice, how about you return my bow. You know, the one you stole.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Now, why would I hand you a weapon you think can hurt Jormag? "Act first, think later," right?
- Gorrik: I mean...
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Don't worry. I'll keep it safe for you.
- Braham Eirsson: Oh, I'm getting it back.
- <Character name>: Braham! Why don't you help Gorrik with his delivery on the docks. Rytlock and I can handle this.
- Braham Eirsson: Sure. Why not.
- Entering the lab
- Rytlock Brimstone: "Alliance", huh? What happened to your "charr above all" crap?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Oh, now you want to talk to me? Instead of just shouting my name?
- Rytlock Brimstone: (growls)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Spent some time with Jormag. I see the bigger picture now. Everyone has a role to play.
- Taimi: Oh great, Commander, you made it. I won't have to go through this twice.
- Taimi: I've been tracking the quakes—needle's all over the place. Way more than ordinary tectonic movement.
- Councillor Zudo: Can you tell if it's Primordus?
- Taimi: Some readings mimic Primordus's signature, some may be ley energy—and I still haven't figured out this spike...
- Councilor Vark: That can't be right. We've never seen activity this far below the crust.
- Taimi: So many blips—literally all over the map. Like bodies burrowing up.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: And where—exactly—can we expect these bodies to surface?
- Taimi: Where can't we? I mean, just look at this.
- <Character name>: How long have you been seeing movement under Rata Sum?
- Taimi: What? Oh no. That is very, very not good.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Keep 'em out of the lab!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Watch your back, Commander!
- After defeating the destroyers
- <Character name>: Is it me, or were these destroyers harder to kill than last time?
- Taimi: They definitely seem bigger than I remember. Meaner, too.
- Gorrik: Help!
- <Character name>: Gorrik?
- Braham: Up the ramp! Go, go!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Talk to us, Braham.
- Braham: Destroyer problem on the docks! Could use some hands here!
- Taimi: One sec...got it! I programmed the gate for a one-way trip harborside.
- <Character name>: Let's go!
- Entering the docks
- Braham Eirsson: Burn me!
- Ryland Steelcatcher: There's too many!
- (Ryland opens a portal to let Frost Legion through.)
- Rytlock Brimstone: The hell are you doing?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Don't need your permission. Clean this up!
- Rytlock Brimstone: No sign of Braham or Gorrik on this side.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: There's an upper deck.
- Rytlock Brimstone: In there! Destroyers have 'em outnumbered!
- <Character name>: Braham can't hold them off for long!
- After rescuing Braham and Gorrik
- Gorrik: Don't let them destroy my cargo!
- Braham Eirsson: Now to retake the docks.
- Councillor Haia: We'll stay up here, out of your way.
- Gorrik: Yes, what she said.
- Braham Eirsson: I don't trust Jormag's gopher at my back.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Keep up, norn.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Not a fan of crispy fur! Let's wrap this up!
- Braham Eirsson: Watch out—they're fast!
- After defeating the destroyers
- Rytlock Brimstone: Thanks. You and yours were a real help out here.
- <Character name>: Can't say I was expecting you to have my back.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: You dying doesn't help us kill Primordus, Commander.
- Braham Eirsson: You honestly expect us to believe this "alliance" stuff?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Doesn't really matter what you believe, does it.
- <Character name>: Where did these destroyers even come from?
- Braham Eirsson: One minute we're checking crates, and the next they're bubbling up from the water. Never seen...
- Braham Eirsson: Taimi! Move!
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Protect the council!
- After defeating the emberknight
- Gorrik: This specimen differs wildly from archival accounts of destroyers. Also, it's gigantic.
- Councillor Zudo: Spearhead a study of these creatures. Catalogue the evolutionary discrepancies; identify any weaknesses.
- Taimi: Let's pool resources. If I can isolate a clearer signature, we can pinpoint when and where they'll show up.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: I'd like to leave a small force in your city to wait for any information. And to protect our allies.
- Councillor Haia: The asura are more than capable of guarding our city. But we are grateful for the gesture and the alliance.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: When Primordus is destroyed, Jormag will see your former home restored to you.
- Braham Eirsson: You can't possibly promise that.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: 'Course I can. I'm the Champion of Jormag.
- <Character name>: We need to spread the word. Any place that's felt even the slightest tremor, they've got to prepare.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm heading up to Crecia; I'll pass the word on my way. Might want to put the Crystal Bloom on it, too.
- Braham Eirsson: I'm gonna stay here. Keep an eye on things for a bit.