Scruffy 2.0 is the name of Taimi's golem. Similar to her original golem, Scruffy 2.0 has visible pilot controls and a seat on the inside, and Taimi uses it both in combat and as a means of transportation.
After the valiant sacrifice of Scruffy to allow the Commander's party entry in Rata Novus during Buried Insight (Chapter 13 of Heart of Thorns), Taimi began designing her new golem while holed up in the Dragon Lab.
Scruffy 2.0 made its first debut during Flashpoint, as it and Taimi arrived inside the Titan's Throat, displaying the new golem's superior environmental shielding. Designed as a mobile dragon energy lab and weapons platform, the golem allows Taimi to continue her research far away from the scrutiny of Councillor Phlunt, while also providing the pint-sized genius mobility and protection. However, as it was still in the early stages of development, the golem arrived with no weapon capabilities, and was unable to assist the Commander in combat.
Scruffy 2.0 did its first field weapon test towards the end of the Eye of the Brandstorm story chapter by obliterating one of the remaining Branded invading Amnoon. Afterwards, while the Commander followed Aurene's vision in search of the lost city of Fahranur, Taimi, Scruffy 2.0, Rytlock, and Canach stayed behind to help the Free City clean up after the attack.
Later, while the Commander was breaking out of the prison beneath the Mordant Crescent Great Hall in the Domain of Istan, Taimi and Scruffy 2.0 somehow made their own way into the Fahranur, the First City, where the Inquest from Rata Primus had already began looting. While it is never revealed what Taimi was doing in the midst of the Inquest, events began take a sharp turn for the darker when Palawa Joko and his forces arrived.
The Commander and their party arrive at the gate hub under Fahranur to find Taimi trapped inside Scruffy 2.0. By this time, Joko or his Awakened Inquest had corrupted the golem's controls fully. Just as the Commander attempts to rescue Taimi, the golem begins to purge all oxygen from the pilot compartment, slowly suffocating its maker, while also revealing its full combat capabilities to the Commander.
After an intense battle to disable the malfunctioning golem, Scruffy 2.0 overloads its entire weapons systems in a devastating display of power, before shutting down completely.
- Act III
- Fire & Ice Attacks
- Creates Static Storms
- Static Shield - All damage is blocked while Scrufffy discharges static electricity.
- Whirling Assault - Scruffy 2.0 slowly moves forwards and spinning its arms, damaging and knocking back enemies in front of it at one-second intervals.
- Jet Leap - When at medium range, Scruffy 2.0 jumps forwards, after a short windup, dealing damage, Burning (5s), and small Knockback.
- Flame Wave - When at close to medium range, Scruffy 2.0 will create a filling red AOE in front of it. When filled, victims take heavy damage, suffer a large Knockback, and receive Burning (5s). It is possible for player characters to be knocked completely off the platform by this attack, causing subsequent death to Fall Damage.
- Gatling Fists - Scruffy 2.0 deals a series of ranged projectile attacks that apply Vulnerability with each hit.
- Ice Cannon - When at long range, Scruffy 2.0 will lob a series of three Ice Batteries that will deal significant damage on impact, and applying a small Knockback to victims. Each Ice Battery will then create a large filling red AOE around itself. When filled, each Ice Battery will cause Icy Explosion, deal a small amount of damage, and create an ice field that applies Chilled to enemies inside the AOE.
- Ground Pound - Starting at 75% health, Scruffy 2.0 will periodically execute this attack. After a short delay, it will create a series of three waves of fire. These waves each deal large amounts of damage, knockdown, and apply Burning. During this attack, the outer edges of the arena is set on fire; wandering into the fire will cause player characters to receive pulsing stacks of Burning.
- Summon Static Storm - At 75%, 25%, and 5% health, Scruffy 2.0 will summon two to four Static Storms that orbit around it.
- Stolen skills
Render by Samantha Rogers.
- Daybreak: From Downtown! — Throw a static conduit and destroy a static storm orbiting Scruffy from very far away. (1 )
- Daybreak: Stand Your Ground — Survive the rapid ammunition discharge protocol without being downed or leaving the platform. (3 )