4 2 13 5
Bitterfrost Frontier is a zone in the Shiverpeak Mountains. It is a frozen and desolate ice plain with a strong presence by icebrood, minions of Jormag. They are held back by the combined forces of kodan and quaggans of the Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary, with occasional support from a local grawl tribe. These kodan have been blessed with the spirit of fire, and will teach visitors about Koda's Flame, its legacy and how to wield it as a weapon.
- Complete the A Crack in the Ice story step Journey to Bitterfrost Frontier from Living World Season 3.
- Using a Bitterfrost Frontier Portal Scroll.
- Using a Bitterfrost Vantage Point.
- Unbound Magic is found throughout the map and is dropped by various enemies and events.
- Fresh Winterberry can be gathered from Winterberry Bush nodes throughout the map and as event rewards.
- Unbound Magic (100)
- Fresh Winterberry (5)
- 1 piece of gear of Rare or higher rarity.
- One of the following:
|Black Ice Pass||80||
|Brakbrak Ice Snarl||80|
|Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs||80|
|Griffon Old Growth||80|
|Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary||80||
|The Bitter Cold||80|
|The Svanir Hive||80|
- Defend the kodan brazier from Jormag's minions (80)
- Failure: Light the kodan brazier (80)
- Defeat Jormag's Champion (80)
- Other events
- Defeat the champion Svanir tyrant (80) [Group Event]
- Kill the Svanir, and free the quaggans (80)
- Defend the griffon chicks from the Sons of Svanir (80)
- Trounce the veteran corrupted wolf and its pack (80)
- Clear the streams of corruption so the quaggans can enjoy bathing (80)
- Failure: Destroy all the icebrood around the hot springs (80)
- Protect the statue from destruction (80)
- Failure: Gather stone to bolster the statue of Chokocooka (80)
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore/Rich Mithril Vein
- Orichalcum Ore
- Ancient Sapling
- Cypress Sapling
- Fresh Winterberry
- Verdant Herbs
- Winter Root Vegetables
- Recipe: Winterberry Pie from Farmer Simooba at Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs
- Recipe: Steak with Winterberry Sauce from Farmer Simooba at Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs
- Recipe: Winterberry Seaweed Salad from Farmer Simooba at Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs
- Recipe: Winterberry Sorbet from Farmer Simooba at Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs
- Recipe: Gossamer Stuffing from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Recipe: Dragon Hatchling Doll Frame from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Recipe: Dragon Hatchling Doll Hide from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Recipe: Dragon Hatchling Doll Eyes from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Recipe: Dragon Hatchling Doll Adornments from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Along with counting towards Daily Gathering for the Shiverpeaks, Bitterfrost Frontier has its own daily achievements: Daily Bitterfrost Frontier.
- Since Bitterfrost Frontier was released as part of Living World Season 3, experience earned here will go towards Heart of Maguuma masteries.
- The zone's renown hearts have their progress reset daily.
- Unlike other open world zones, Bitterfrost Frontier's day-night cycle is tied to the Beacons of Koda meta event. Specifically, the cycle will progress at the normal rate until the meta event begins at nightfall (21:00 Tyrian Time); it will remain frozen at 21:00 until all of Jormag's Champions are killed, at which point it will skip ahead to dawn (05:00 Tyrian Time) and resume progressing as normal. Consequently, the day-night cycle in Bitterfrost will not be synchronized with the rest of Tyria.
- Chests in the Bitter Cold give roughly double the loot of other Icebound Chests, and are lootable once per day, per character.