The Hunt Begins is the fourth story step of Shadow in the Ice, the second episode of The Icebrood Saga.
- Hunt Drakkar.
- Check in with Rytlock and Crecia.
- Return to Still Waters Speaking and finalize a plan with Cloudseeker.
- Weaken Drakkar by destroying Idols of Jormag, or aid Jhavi in a direct attack.
- Inform Rytlock and Crecia about your plan.
The third objective can be completed by a combination of destroying small Jormag idols, and by completing the Champion of the Ice Dragon meta event chain. Small idols only give a little bit of progress, while defeating Drakkar gives roughly 50% completion.
| The Hunt Begins
||Shadow in the Ice
|Complete the Hunt Begins.Journal: The Hunt Begins Completed
||Completed the Hunt Begins
- Can be completed during or following this mission. See Idolatry for a detailed guide.
- <Character name>: Rytlock, Crecia, where are we on Bangar?
- Crecia Stoneglow: Close. Tracks are fresher here. The snow hasn't filled them in yet.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Just focus on Drakkar. If you don't stop those whispers, Ryland—
- Crecia Stoneglow: Enough, Brimstone! Bangar should be our focus. The future of the charr should be our focus.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Signal's pretty bad in these mountains. Might lose you for a bit, Commander. Talk later.
- Cloudseeker: I don't understand. You asked them for their power?
- Braham Eirsson: It was a little more complicated than that.
- Cloudseeker: Then you may actually have a chance against Drakkar.
- <Character name>: Let's not waste it. What do you think, Jhavi? Braham and I could join you on your next attack.
- Cloudseeker: Drakkar draws strength from its master. These mountains are filled with Jormag's profane idols.
- Braham Eirsson: So even if I hit it with the Spirits' power, Drakkar will just heal again when it gets near one.
- Cloudseeker: Yes. And it moves through solid ice like water. You must cut it off from the idols and lure it into the open.
- Braham Eirsson: I'm no expert on magic or anything, but couldn't we just smash the Jormag idols?
- Cloudseeker: Smash them. Yes. Yes! While Jhavi leads another attack. Pushes Drakkar away from the lake.
- Cloudseeker: There is a cavern to the south I can recommend. Less ice. More rock. You could trap it there.
- <Character name>: Understood. We'll go after the idols and keep the pressure on Drakkar.
- <Character name>: When it's weak enough, we corner it under the mountains and finish the job.
- Cloudseeker: Then may Koda...and the Spirits of the Wild guide us to victory. Let us begin.
- When entering a contributing event area for the first time
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander! (static) Bangar and Ryland—(static)—straight to—(static)!
- <Character name>: Rytlock? Crecia? Can you hear me? I'm losing you!
- Defeating Drakkar
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: That was a legendary hunt. Thank you, all of you.
- If bar isn't filled:
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: It's on the run. Good. All you need to do now is smash those idols of Jormag on the surface.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: We'll cut it off from its master's power—enough to force it from the lake into the mountains. Good hunting.
- If bar is filled:
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: It's on the run now. Cloudseeker and I will handle things up there—you should head to the cave. Good luck.
- Upon filling the bar
- Crecia Stoneglow: Commander! Come in!
- <Character name>: Crecia, what's going on? Did Rytlock call earlier?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Sure as hell tried. Bangar and Ryland split off from the army. They're going straight for Drakkar!
- Rytlock Brimstone: They get too close, they're gonna get turned.
- Crecia Stoneglow: We don't know that.
- Rytlock Brimstone: We have to stop them or they're gonna die! I'm done pretending Bangar's got a plan.
- Rytlock Brimstone: We don't act now, we're gonna lose them. I am done losing things, Cre.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Commander, at least tell me you've got a strategy to kill this thing.
- <Character name>: We're cornering Drakkar in a cave south of the lake. Let's try to finish it off before Bangar shows up.
- Crecia Stoneglow: We'll meet you inside.
Together, we were able to force Drakkar away from the lake and into the mountains to the south. Now that it's trapped and can't feed off the magic in the valley, we need to get Braham close enough to destroy it with the power of the lost Spirits of the Wild.
— My story