Braham - Retake Cragstead
Braham - Retake Cragstead
Join Braham and repel the Molten Alliance threat at Cragstead.
— In-game description
Braham - Retake Cragstead is a part of the Flame and Frost: The Razing storyline. Braham seeks to retake his homestead which is under attack from the Molten Alliance and help any survivors escape. He requests the help of the players, who accompany Braham during the mission.
All players are scaled up to level 80 during this mission. Players can group up for this instance but you can also tackle it solo.
- After completing the Darkrime Delves story chapter, interact with the Message in Hall of Monuments.
- Complete the Visions of the Past: Cragstead achievement by acquiring the Sacred Wolf Fang.
Help Braham save Cragstead.
- Help Braham save Cragstead
Defeat the Molten invaders.
Protect Cragstead's villagers from Molten invaders.
Rescue kidnapped Cragstead's villagers.
- Rescue kidnapped Cragstead's villagers
- Slay enemies on your way to the villagers' cave.
- Rescue kidnapped Cragstead's villagers
- Stop Molten kidnappers
Rescue Cragstead's villagers.
Defeat the Molten munitions specialist and his minions.
- Defeat the Molten munitions specialist and his minions
- Molten Munitions Specialist
- Molten Minions killed: x/2
Braham's guardian skills are useful and he's generally able to tank fights by himself (as long as you focus on taking out the enemies) as his mace helps keep his health up, and his shield provides occasional protection against ranged attacks. If he gets the more difficult enemies on him, or has to fight for an extended period of time, he can go down and will need to be revived.
- Defeat the Molten invaders and free the captives
Walk up to Braham to open the gate. Your goal is to save villagers being held captive by Molten enemies. The first group of captives are directly down the path in front of you being held in a fire cage. Defeat the Molten enemies and more will run in from the south. Once saved, the captives will run towards the gate while you move on to the next.
There are two more groups of captives: one in the lodge ahead and another to the south. Each time after defeating the initial captors, portals will open and bring in a second wave (from the clearing for the lodge, on the platform above for the southern group). After defeating each second wave, the captives will run to the exit.
Upon defeating the final wave, Braham will run towards the northern gate and open it.
- Protect Cragstead's villagers from Molten invaders
After opening the gate, a red border will appear centered around another group of captive villagers. You and Braham will be faced with more Molten enemies and a Sonic Periscope. The Sonic Periscope will attack every 4-5 seconds with a cone-based knockback projectile attack that does no damage, and can be countered by stability, dodging, or changing direction right before it fires. This makes fighting the enemies more difficult as you may be knocked around every few seconds, although keeping Braham closer to the periscope causes him to be targeted more often.
Without aid, Braham is likely to die here making the fight even more difficult, so take advantage of the distraction. If you have more AoE it might be better to burn the enemies down first while standing right outside the gate (so Braham is targeted by the periscope) and then take the periscope down after. If you have more single target damage, burn the periscope down first and then help Braham with the enemies. Either way works well.
Clear out any remaining Molten enemies and defend the rather large area from any additional Molten foes coming from new portals so the progress bar fills up faster. At the end, a Veteran will appear for you to fight. Once he is defeated, Braham then has a conversation with Haslo, one of the survivors.
- Rescue the kidnapped Cragstead villagers
Proceed to the north-west to the path up. Braham will open the gate so you can continue upward, fighting Molten enemies along the way. At the top you'll enter a cave. Once inside the cave, a portal appears and begins spawning more Molten forces.
After destroying the portal, Braham finds his friends trapped underneath a fire brazier, followed by more Molten enemies and a massive portal. A Molten Munitions Specialist spawns from the portal, as the final boss of the instance. After killing him, Braham releasing his friends and finds out that the Molten Alliance kidnapped Ottilia.
|Visions of the Past: Retake Cragstead||Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire||1|
|Help Braham retake Cragstead.Having received no support from Rytlock or Eir, Braham enlists your help to retake Braham's village from the Molten Alliance.
[Living World Season 1: Cragstead vision. Accessed via the Scrying Pool in Eye of the North.]
|Helped Braham Retake Cragstead||1|
- Complete the mission.
- Dredge (Molten Alliance)
- Charr (Molten Alliance)
- Environmental weapons
Upon entering the mission:
- Braham: I can do this.
- Braham: (breathing)
- Braham: Hey, I smell smoke. We have to go! My friends...
Talking to Braham inside Cragstead:
- Braham: We need to find everyone who stayed behind.
- We will.
At the first spot:
- Braham: No! Not another attack!
- Wounded Villager: No! I can't handle this!
- Molten Axe Fiend: Attackers! There!
At the second spot:
- Wounded Villager: Run! Get to safety!
- Molten Blademaster: Engage pursiut!
At the third spot:
- Wounded Villager: No! Nooo!
- Molten Oscillator: To the front!
After clearing the area:
- Braham: Over there!
Defending the villagers:
- Wounded Villager: I'm not scared. (sob) I'm not scared!
- Molten Disaggregator: Attack!
- Molten Bladestorm: Show no mercy!
- Dredge Ratnik: Sounds like trouble!
- Molten Axe Fiend: I'll taste your blood!
- Molten Resonator: To my side!
- Veteran Molten Excavator: I hear death calling your name.
After rescuing Haslo and the villagers:
- Haslo: What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Hoelbrak!
- Braham: I came back for you. Where are the others?
- Haslo: They were chased up the mountain I...I couldn't move fast enough.
- Braham: I'll go. Will you be-
- Haslo: I'll be okay. You be careful!
Talking to Braham after rescuing Haslo and the villagers:
- Braham: Maybe the rest of the steaders are in the shrine. May Wolf protect them.
- Let's look.
On the way to the cave:
- Molten Excavator: Don't let them get away!
- Braham: We need to get through.
- Braham: Please, Wolf, let us not be too late.
- Molten Shadowblade: Begin the incursion!
The villager's cave:
- Braham: There they are! Hurry!
- Wounded Villager: No. This can't be happening. Not like this.
- Molten Blademaster: Enemy contact.
- Molten Ratnik: This means war!
Before fighting the boss:
- Wounded Villager: Look out!
- Braham: Hey ugly!
- Molten Munition Specialist: (Laughs) You're kidding, right? Look at you! I'm surprised you can even lift that mace!
- Braham: This mace will be that last thing you ever see!
- Molten Munitions Specialist: I'm going to enjoy punishing you.
After defeating the boss:
- Ornan: Oh, my young wolf. We should never have stayed behind. I'm glad to see friendly faces.
- Braham: Come on, let's get out of here.
- Ornan: Braham, they took Ottilia and her family.
- Braham: They what? Where? Why?
- Ornan: They're collecting prisoners. I don't know where they took them or why.
- Braham: I hate this. We have to help Ottilia - and her family — but first, I have to make sure these 'steaders are okay.
- Braham: I've got this under control.
Talking to NPCs:
- Braham: Thanks for your help. That was a bigger mess than I expected. I wish we could have stopped those machines from getting away.
- No. You looking for a fight?
- Nah. So, now what? (Same as "You going to inform Whitebear?")
- Some other time.
You did your best.
- Yeah. I guess sometimes your best just isn't good enough.
- True. So, what happens now? (Same as "You going to inform Whitebear?")
- It's sad, but true. See you around.
You'll rescue them. We'll rescue them.
- Agreed. We can go after the ones those butt-snouts took, just not right now.
- Good idea. So, what happens now? (Same as "You going to inform Whitebear?")
- You bet.
So, now what?
- I want to tell Brimstone and Whitebear that we managed without their help. Rub it in their faces, you know? Tell you what. You go tell Brimstone. I hear he's in the middle of a big meeting in the Imperator's Core.
You going to inform Whitebear?
- First I have to get these people to Hoelbrak. Once they're safe and healed and fed, I'll find out how I can rescue those who were taken.
Why didn't everyone evacuate?
- They're too proud to admit they couldn't win against that enemy. This is their home. It's not always easy for my race to accept their own weaknesses.
Cragstead is your home?
- Yeah. I've lived here since I was an infant with my father, Borje the Sun Chaser. He died when I was young, but I stayed and lived with Yngvi Rugnar. He and his mate have taught me well.
- Ottilia? Who's Ottilia? Well, she lives in Cragstead, and she's... kind of beautiful. I mean sweet. She's nice. Okay?
- Sounds like you're sweet on her. Talk to you later.
- I understand. See you again soon.
- I see.
- Good idea. I'll catch up with you later.
- Will do.
- Talk to you later.
- Ornan: That was close. I'm grateful you were here. We have to gather up the kids and let everyone rest and eat. Then, we'll walk to Hoelbrak—slowly, and with weapons ready.
Tell me about Braham.
- He's a good kid. His father, the legendary Borje the Sun Chaser, came to Cragstead with tiny Braham in his arms. I'll never forget that day.
Tell me about the attack.
- They gave no warning, and many of our strongest died under the first wave. We sent the kids and elders up the mountain. Shortly after that, those of us still standing followed, locking the gate behind us.
- They opened flaming portals and poured in on us. We had no choice but to surrender or die. When we saw that we could surrender and live, we chose to protect the kids and hope that help would come.
- Most left. They put some of us in their machines and took them away. We were next, but then you showed up. If you hadn't, who knows what they'd have done with us.
- I'm glad you're safe. Talk to you later.
- I see.
- I see.
- Safe journey.
- Good luck.
Follow-up mail after leaving: