Logan's appearance as of Living World Season 4.
Though in battle we fight for our homes, our gods and our queen...nothing can break our spirit.
Captain Logan Thackeray is a human guardian and is the first Commander of the Seraph at Divinity's Reach and personal champion of Queen Jennah. He is the descendant of the heroes Gwen and Lieutenant Keiran Thackeray of the Ebon Vanguard. He had an older brother, Dylan. He is also an honorary member of Rytlock Brimstone's Stone Warband.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Story involvement
- 4 Event involvement
- 5 Combat abilities
- 6 Dialogue
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Little is known about Logan Thackeray's youth, except that he grew up in Kryta as the younger brother of Dylan Thackeray and was descended from Gwen Thackeray and Keiran Thackeray. He was considered rebellious and hated his brother's prestige as a famous Seraph. In revolt against said prestige, he joined a group of mercenaries that worked in Ascalon for the Ebon Vanguard. One of his primary jobs was escorting supply caravans through charr-controlled territories to Ebonhawke as, at the time, they had no working asura gate.
During one particular job as a caravan escort in 1319 AE, Logan had taken a small unit to a canyon where an Iron Legion battalion, led by Centurion Korrak Blacksnout, was to march through. Setting up a trap, he and his men triggered an avalanche over the marching charr, killing most of them. The charr who survived followed Rytlock Brimstone in pursuit of the humans, who had fled away from the caravan to lead them off.
After being pinned against a cliff, the charr and human forces engaged and were quickly interrupted by a small group of ogres. Seeing the need to unite against a common foe, the battered charr and humans worked together to fight the ogres. By the end of the battle, only Logan and Rytlock were left standing. Continuing their short truce, the two turned to burning their dead before their intended fight to the death. During this time, the sylvari Caithe stepped out of the foliage and told the two that she had been watching them, and that more ogres were on their way. In addition, it was brought up that one of the felled ogres was Chiefling Ygor—the child of Chief Kronon—and that Kronon would stop at nothing to avenge his child's death.
Forced once more to work together, the two, accompanied by Caithe this time, fought and fled from the pursuing ogres and their pet hyenas into a cave where, after crossing an underground river, stumbled upon an ancient dwarven settlement. In the heart of the settlement was an equally old asura gate. Not planning to trust asuran magic, Rytlock left to find a new way out; however, he stumbled upon hibernating Destroyers which awoke at sensing his presence. Forced to run from a horde of Destroyers that wiped out the settlement, the three jumped through the malfunctioning asura gate once they felt confident they knew where it led, and found themselves on the outskirts of Lion's Arch.
While at Lion's Arch, the three got into an argument while breaking up an illegal and cruel bear baiting fight and burnt down the building the fight was hosted in. This brought the Lionguard's attention to them, and Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed had personally captured the trio and sent them to jail. Recognizing the group as fighters, Magnus had made them an offer: to be sponsored by him and fight in the Zaishen arena to pay off their billets and earn their freedom.
The trio agreed to Magnus's terms and entered the arena as Edge of Steel. After defeating a famously undefeated team called the Killers, the Edge of Steel's popularity skyrocketed. One of their matches was to take down a powerful destroyer harpy, Racogorrix. This was a special match made as entertainment for Queen Jennah, who arrived at Lion's Arch to form an alliance with the city-state against the centaurs assailing Kryta. Logan fell in love with Jennah at first sight, and declared he would fight Racogorrix single-handedly in her honor. With only a "small" boost from Rytlock to throw him into the air, Logan had done just that, though had been badly injured and fell unconscious in the act.
When Logan woke, Jennah summoned him to Divinity's Reach, where he made a pledge to act as her champion and come whenever she needed. At the same time, Jennah had hinted to Logan of the threat that Legate Minister Caudecus Beetlestone presented to her reign. With this, Logan and Jennah began exchanging letters over the following months.
Not long after, Eir Stegalkin, in search of mighty heroes to help her, Snaff, and Zojja destroy Jormag's champion, the Dragonspawn, were shown Edge of Steel by Magnus as he showed off the Zaishen Arena's greatest fighters. Deciding upon having their aid, Eir and the two asura made a bet with Magnus for Edge of Steel's freedom: a match between the two groups. Magnus accepted, and the trio and Eir's dire wolf Garm faced against Edge of Steel as "Dragonspawn's Destiny". Upon losing the match due to Snaff's sandstone golem, Sandy, Edge of Steel and Dragonspawn's Destiny officially joined together to form the guild Destiny's Edge and left to the Shiverpeak Mountains to find and defeat the Dragonspawn.
While on the mission, Logan, who had begun bonding with Rytlock during their many fights together, apologized to Rytlock for his earlier actions and gave him his approval to wield Sohothin. Rytlock, who had been talking with Snaff about the strengths of brotherly bonds the night before, was taken aback by Logan's earnesty and admitted in his own way that he had begun viewing Logan as a blood brother. To signify the growing friendship and brotherhood between them, Rytlock gave Logan a Blood Legion pendant, symbolically making him an honorary member of the Stone Warband.
When Dylan died, Logan accepted his brother's sword and the ideals of being a hero. As a young man, Logan became enthralled by Queen Jennah and made a pledge to serve her. Together, they shared a magical bond, which allowed Logan to know if Queen Jennah were ever in danger so he could come to her.
This bond was the downfall of Destiny's Edge. Just as the group was about to fight Kralkatorrik, Jennah summoned Logan to defend her in Ebonhawke from the dragon's minions. He came to his Queen's defense and saved her, but at a cost. One of Destiny's Edge, the asura Snaff, was killed, and the Elder Dragon was victorious. There are those in Destiny's Edge who hold Logan indirectly responsible for Snaff's death, and these are feelings that Logan shares. However, loyalty and love for his Queen is his first concern.
Logan accompanied the Pact assault force, which included the Pact Commander and the rest of Destiny's Edge, to the Ruined City of Arah to take down Zhaitan in the last stages of the Pact's invasion of Orr. Destiny's Edge managed to get a disabled airship called The Humble airborne by retrieving power cores scattered throughout the ruined city. By the time the airship was about to lift off, the group was ambushed by Risen giants, and Logan chose to stay behind in what seemed like a last stand to keep the enemy off.
Unbeknownst to his companions Logan managed to survive the assault, however, and boarded the Pact's trump card, the flagship called The Glory of Tyria which joined the fray late due to technical problems. Logan and the crew of the flagship arrived just in time to rescue the crew of The Humble which had been heavily damaged in the battle against Zhaitan's draconic lieutenants. Following the reunion of Destiny's Edge, they encountered Zhaitan itself and fought against its Risen minions while the flagship's MEGA-LIT cannon wounded and cornered the Elder Dragon on a nearby spire. Although The Glory of Tyria was heavily damaged in the battle, she managed to stay airborne and ultimately injured Zhaitan enough that the Elder Dragon plummeted to its death.
Following the victory over Zhaitan, Destiny's Edge returned to the Pact's base of Fort Trinity and walked in with the Pact Commander while their Pact allies welcomed them with cheers. When Caithe asked him whether he would return to his queen's side, Logan pointed out that he would not return until Kryta was safe, implying that he would continue fighting alongside Destiny's Edge against the rest of the Elder Dragons.
Following the Battle of Arah, the Pact spent several months preparing for their upcoming campaign against the remaining Elder Dragons. Destiny's Edge parted ways once again in the interim, and by 1326 AE they had returned to their respective homes where they focused either on personal business or matters of state.
Logan, for his part, resumed his duties as the Commander of the Seraph in Divinity's Reach. When the Dragon Bash festival at Lion's Arch was attacked, Logan Thackeray went to the detective Marjory Delaqua to hire her under the table to investigate the Aetherblades' attack. As a family friend of Theo Ashford who died in the event, he wanted to see his killers brought to justice. For unstated reasons, he wanted his involvement with the investigation remain secret. When Queen Jennah's Jubilee celebration came around, Logan had volunteered to test the new Watchknights alone, to prove their ability to protect the nation as he had. During this display, the Watchknight was turned into Rytlock Brimstone and taunted Logan with old insults; shortly after this, it ceased to listen to Countess Anise's plans and an Aetherblade airship appeared in the center of the Crown Pavilion through a portal, led by a suspicious figure. When the Aetherblade assault was forced back and the Watchknight destroyed, Logan suggested ending the Jubilee to investigate the Watchknight's behavior. Anise admitted to adding the Rytlock disguise to the Watchknight, sparking a feud with Logan, who insisted on increased security for the duration of the event.
The festivities seemed to go with few new issues, however, during the closing ceremonies, the suspicious figure returned, unveiling herself as Scarlet Briar, and took over all Watchknights and turned them into Twisted Watchwork monstrosities. Despite increased security, the platform which Queen Jennah was giving a speech on was struck with explosives and she began to fall. Though Lord Faren leapt to her aid, Jennah shattered as it was just as an illusion; part of Countess Anise's own security measures. Meanwhile, with the Twisted Watchwork assaulting the citizens, Scarlet announced she had placed four bombs around the Pavilion. Logan ordered an evacuation and the Seraph began to bring citizens to the eastern entrance while the Commander, Rox, and Braham worked to disable the bombs. However, once the four bombs were disarmed and the Twisted Watchwork defeated, a fifth bomb at the eastern entrance went off, killing most of the evacuees. Following yet another short argument with Anise over protocol, this time over Logan not being informed about the illusionary Jennah, he issued orders to hunt down Scarlet's forces that began invading across Central Tyria via portals. When Scarlet was finally defeated and kicked out of the Pavilion, he had one more argument with Anise.
After this, Logan had begun tracking down Scarlet's activities and eventually caught up when the Twisted Marionette was unleashed in Lornar's Pass. Though he arrived fashionably late to stop the threat, he encountered the asuran progeny, Taimi, and offered to take her home. Taimi had fooled Logan into paying waypoint fees to Lion's Arch, where they had met up with Braham, Rox, Marjory, Kasmeer, and Rytlock. While there, Taimi had tricked Logan and Braham into making Braham take her the rest of the way home. Following this, Logan had a discussion with Marjory about Scarlet, where he mentioned that Jennah was kept in such high security even he wasn't allowed to see her. Despite tracking Scarlet, he did not show up when Lion's Arch was attacked.
With Marshal Trahearne's orders, the Pact Fleet launched an invasion of the Heart of Maguuma to put an end to Mordremoth before it would grow too powerful. Logan joined the Pact, Eir, Zojja, Garm and Mr. Sparkles aboard the Glory of Tyria in the skies above Verdant Brink. As the fleet began bombarding the jungle, it was ambushed by Mordremoth and its Mordrem minions who assaulted the airships from the ground with rapidly extending vines.
Before the Pact could recover from the surprise attack, Mordremoth sent its mental call to the sylvari among the Pact, turning many of them against their former allies. Logan and his companions were cornered and fought off the crazed sylvari alongside Trahearne until The Glory of Tyria sustained heavy damage and crashed into the jungle below. Logan held on to Zojja while trying to flee from the doomed airship, but his efforts were in vain.
After Mordremoth had brought down the Pact Fleet, Logan, Eir, Trahearne and Zojja were captured by the Mordrem and the turned sylvari who had begun calling themselves the Mordrem Guard, while Mr. Sparkles was broken beyond repair and Garm went missing. The prisoners were divided into multiple groups in preparation for being transported to Dragon's Stand, and Logan, Trahearne and Zojja were separated from Eir. While en route to Mordremoth's domain through Tangled Depths, the trio sacrificed their own chance at freedom by creating a diversion so the rest of the prisoners in their group, including Lieutenant Morrison and Magister Humli, could get away. Once Logan and Zojja reached Dragon's Stand, they were separated from Trahearne and placed in Mordrem Pods which would keep them trapped but alive while their bodies would be used as templates for new, improved army of Mordrem which Mordremoth intended to unleash on Central Tyria.
By the time the Pact Commander, Canach and Marjory Delaqua reached Dragon's Stand, they were presented with the choice of either trying to reach the Mordrem Pod which was holding Logan, or the one holding Zojja. The prisoner, whom the Commander had left for the rest of the party to save, spawned corrupted Mordrem clones to fight while the corrupted Faolain mocked the party's efforts to save the trapped prisoner. When the second pod was opened, the Destiny's Edge member found within appeared unconscious.
If Logan was saved first, he was asked if he had overheard the Mordrem mentioning Mordremoth's weakness, and he admitted not having heard anything of value while being told that the group had not found any useful information either. He also inquired about Rytlock's absence after being briefly reunited with him, only to receive a vague answer about traversing the Mists from the charr who told him that the Commander's party was just as capable of handling threats as Destiny's Edge had been. By the time the party encountered Faolain on their way to Mordremoth, Kasmeer Meade teleported Logan and Zojja out and took them to safety with Rox.
The time spent in the Mordrem Pod greatly weakened Logan, and he was still recovering by the time of Eir's memorial service several months after Mordremoth's demise. However, he resurfaced as a White Mantle strike force led by Minister Estelle made an attempt on Queen Jennah's life during the Siege of Divinity's Reach in 1330 AE.
Logan took command of the Seraph's siege defense and refugee relief at Lake Doric, working with the Pact Commander once again as well as with Legionnaire Nylia Steelpaw whose warband had arrived to offer their assistance. Realizing that the state of his and Jennah's relationship had become platonic, Logan declined the Commander's invitation to join Dragon's Watch, saying that the back line position of Pact Marshal, which General Almorra Soulkeeper had offered him after the Commander's rejection of the post, would be a better fit in his current state.
After dying in the rogue god Balthazar's ambush, the Pact Commander's soul appeared in the Domain of the Lost where all spirits which experience sudden, violent deaths end up in. While recovering their name and remembering their purpose to be properly judged, the Commander was subjected to fragmented visions of past deeds, during which Logan's memory was briefly visible.
After Dragon's Watch had discovered that Palawa Joko had returned to Elona and was sending his Awakened forces through captured Inquest asura gates to assault various locations throughout Central Tyria, Rytlock Brimstone sent word to Logan to mobilize the Pact to handle the defense of Tyria while Dragon's Watch would stay in Elona to stop Joko's campaign.
When the Pact Commander's party discovered the ambitions of the rogue Blood Legion Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer and his charr supporters' plan to subjugate the Elder Dragon Jormag as a weapon for the charr in the aftermath of the All-Legion Rally in 1332 AE, the Commander and Marjory Delaqua discussed what harm gossiping merchants could do if word spread about Bangar's plans and how it might increase support for the charr-hating Separatists. Marjory assured the Commander that Kasmeer Meade would debrief Logan on the events of the rally so Logan in turn would keep the more volatile human factions calm while the Commander's party went after Bangar to prevent the impending catastrophe. The Commander also urged Kasmeer to persuade Logan and Ash Legion Imperator Malice Swordshadow to share information with each other so both peace-seeking charr and humans would have a better chance of standing against the warmongering factions from both sides.
- Caudecus's Manor (story)
- Divinity's Reach
- Lake Doric
- Chapter 1: Krytan Politics
- Defending Shaemoor
- Commoner path
- Noble path
- Street Rat path
- Chapter 2: Shadows of the Past
- Chapter 3: Traitor to the Queen
- Chapter 4: Order Neophyte
- Chapter 6: The Battle of Claw Island
- A Light in the Darkness (as a vision)
- Chapter 8: Victory or Death
- Episode 7: Dragon Bash
- Episode 10: Queen's Jubilee
- Episode 11: Clockwork Chaos
- Episode 14: The Nightmares Within
- Episode 16: The Origins of Madness
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
- Act IV
- Episode 4: The Head of the Snake
- Act III
- The Departing (as a memory)
- Episode 5: All or Nothing
- Episode 6: War Eternal
- Help Logan, Canach, and Rytlock train Corsairs (80)
- Repel invading Branded, and kill them near the charging crystals to fill the resonance crystal (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Wrathbringer (80) [Group Event]
- Divine Radiance - The power of the gods heals you.
- Sword of Wrath - Chain. Slash your foe once.
- Sword Arc - Chain. Slash your foe again.
- Sword Wave - Send out waves of attacks that strike multiple targets.
- Sword Arc - Chain. Slash your foe again.
- Flashing Blade - Symbol. Teleport to your target, and blinding nearby foes. Create a symbol at your feet that damages nearby enemies and benefits allies.
- Zealot's Defense - Block ranged attacks while casting magical projectiles.
- Shield of Judgment - Create a shielding wave in front of you that damages foes while giving protection and aegis to you and up to five allies.
- Shield of Absorption - Create a dome around you that pushes foes back and absorbs projectiles.
- In Seraph Headquarters
- (If human)
- Good to see you, <Character name>. I'd like to tell you how things have been going but unfortunately we're a bit swamped at the moment. Maybe we could catch up later?
- (If not human)
- I'm busy at the moment. Direct your queries to Lieutenant Groban.
- In Thunderhead Peaks, near the betting pit
- Not right now, Commander—trying to win a tournament. Go place a bet with Canach, though. It'll give the troops a boost.
- Will do. Good luck in the tournament.
- In Thunderhead Peaks, before training the corsairs
- Commander, care to help us these corsairs? They don't know discipline from dolyaks.
- Be glad to help.
Rytlock and Canach aren't enough help already?
- It's...complicated. We all have strong opinions on military tactics.
- Okay, I'll help.
- I'm sure you can figure it out without me.
- I'll leave this in your competent hands.
- In Mist Warden Camp
- Logan Thackeray: A charr tribune and the fabled Goremonger fighting on the same side of the battlefield. Not the most ideal of circumstances, but we're making it work.
Do you have everything you need?
- We could always use some help outside the camp. If you're interested in the specifics, you should speak with my grandm—uh, Gwen.
- Got it. How is she getting along with Rytlock? (Same as "Is Rytlock behaving?")
Is Rytlock behaving?
- It's been interesting to see Rytlock and Gwen working together, but...
- Well, what I mean is, uh...
- Rytlock Brimstone: He means we are getting along great.
Logan, is that what you were going to say?
- Logan Thackeray: What I was going to say was, uh...
- Rytlock Brimstone: GETTING. ALONG. GREAT.
- Logan Thackeray: Yes. What he said.
- Right. Well, keep up the good work. I think.
- I'm on duty.
- Engaging foe
- You'll pay for your disrespect!
- Defeating foe
- I'll see you again.
- Keep fighting!
- At Dragonfall, during Engage Kralkatorrik
- Guess we shouldn't be surprised the Branded are thickest around Kralkatorrik.
- Logan Thackeray (Hallucination).jpg
Hallucination of Logan during Nightmare Chamber.
Logan during A Meeting of Ministers.
Logan as seen in Lake Doric.
Trahearne, Eir Stegalkin, Zojja and Logan aboard The Glory of Tyria.
Logan being used as a clone template in the Mordrem Pod.
- Concept art
Concept art by Kekai Kotaki.
- Logan is voiced by Troy Baker.
- During The Mystery Cave ending cinematic, Logan appears to be left-handed, wielding his shield in reverse on his right arm.
- Logan wears Protector's armor during the core game and Living World Season 1. Since All or Nothing he wears Logan's Pact Marshal Outfit.
- Associated items
- Thackeray's armor
- Thackeray's weapons
- Logan's Pact Marshal Outfit
- Mini Convalescent Logan
- Mini Logan Thackeray
- Portrait of Logan Thackeray
- Thackeray Family Crest
- Thackeray Family Replica Ring
- ^ a b "Chapter 18: The Calm Before," Edge of Destiny by J. Robert King:
- Rytlock nodded. "Well, I've gone into a lot of battles with a lot of good warriors. You're as good as any of them."
- "The one thing they had that you don't—"
- "Oh, here it comes."
- "—is a Blood Legion pendant." Rytlock drew a chain from around his neck. On it hung the maroon and silver crest of the Blood Legion. "Here. Put it on."
- Logan took the pendant and looked Rytlock in the eye. "I don't know what to say."
- Rytlock gritted his teeth. "Damned human. You don't have to say anything. Just put it on."
- "Thanks," Logan replied feebly, slipping the pendant around his neck.
- "It's an honor wearing that thing, you know," Rytlock said, "an honor I don't think any other human has ever been given. It means we're brothers."
- ^ Hard Boiled
- ^ Opening Ceremony
- ^ Closing Ceremony
- ^ Scarlet's Playhouse
- ^ The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace
- ^ Roots of Terror
- Lieutenant Morrison: Yes. Marshal Trahearne, Zojja, and Captain Thackeray created a diversion so a few of us could escape.
- <Character name>: You were with them! Are they here?
- Lieutenant Morrison: I'm afraid not. They sacrificed their own chance at freedom so we could get away. The Mordrem took them.
- ^ City of Hope <Character name>: Mordremoth is using Logan, Zojja, and Trahearne... If we don't get to them soon, we'll be fighting an army of them.
- ^ The First City Rytlock Brimstone: I'll get in touch with Logan. Tell him to mobilize the Pact. Let him know we're down here doing our part.
- ^ A Race to Arms
- Marjory Delaqua: This is bigger than just some charr politics. There are vendors here from all over. Word will spread. An imperator leading Renegades? That's just fuel for the Separatists' fire.
- <Character name>: Guess it's too much to hope the snow will slow down the gossip.
- Marjory Delaqua: Optimism, Commander? Kasmeer can debrief Logan on what's happened here. He'll be able to keep the more volatile human factions calm while we go after Bangar.
- <Character name>: See if she can get him and Malice to share information with each other.
- Marjory Delaqua: Might be a tough sell, but will do. We're going to have to work together again, humans and charr and everyone else, to make sure this powder keg doesn't explode.