Kasmeer's appearance before Living World Season 3.
Kasmeer's appearance during Living World Season 3 and Path of Fire.
I never thought, until I met Jory and you, that I'd be the kind of person who'd overcome evil.
Kasmeer Meade is a member of the Mesmer Collective from a noble family. A staunch member of Dragon's Watch, pious follower of the Six Human Gods and lover of Marjory Delaqua, she has to balance her responsibilities with her adventuring companions and her duties in Kryta. Kasmeer has a nervous tic in the form of uncontrollable hiccups whenever she is afraid.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Story involvement
- 4 Event involvement
- 5 Combat abilities
- 6 Dialogue
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Kasmeer Meade was born to a wealthy noble family consisting of a father, mother and her brother Kyle Meade who lived in Divinity's Reach. She became a childhood friend of Lord Faren with whom she exchanged kisses when they were eight although their relationship never advanced further despite Faren's attempts at flirting. Kasmeer was tutored in the mesmer arts from a young age, and mastered the use of staff over time. After her mother had passed away, she inherited the mother's staff which had been in the family for generations. At some point Kasmeer was admitted into the Mesmer Collective.
Kasmeer's family fell on hard times when her father was murdered in debtor's prison after spending everything to pay off the debts of her gambling brother, Kyle, in early 1326 AE. When the creditors took all of the Meade family's possessions, they allowed Kasmeer to take a single item from the house: she took a stuffed bear she had since she was young that had been a gift from her father, and she had her mother's staff with her already. A minister moved into the Meade house shortly after.
Distraught by losing her father and possessions, Kasmeer decided to leave the unsympathetic nobility of Divinity's Reach. She began searching for a job, which led her to be employed by the detective necromancer Marjory Delaqua to make ends meet. One of Kasmeer's first assignments was to travel to the recently opened vacation resort on Southsun Cove and meet with potential clients there. While traveling aboard a ship to reach her destination, she spotted Lord Faren sneaking aboard as well. By the time the ship anchored at the cove, Kasmeer ran into Inspector Ellen Kiel who spotted Faren being a stowaway. She vouced for Faren not being a troublemaker, convincing the inspector to leave him alone. While staying at Pearl Islet, she spent time on the beach speaking with Faren and learned about attacks from karka who had been riled up by the rogue sylvari Canach's toxins.
Kasmeer was present when Logan Thackeray hired Marjory to investigate the death of Captain Theo Ashford during Dragon Bash and noticed Logan's surprise at seeing a noble like her in a seedy bar like The Dead End. During this time she also learned about Marjory's mysterious spy contact whom she began humorously calling "Mister E".
When an invisible wall was discovered in the middle of Viathan Lake later that year, Kasmeer joined Marjory in investigating the situation. She was able to shatter the powerful illusion causing the veil, revealing the concealed Tower of Nightmares guarded by the Toxic Alliance. The pair, along with the Durmand Priory and the Pact Commander, entered the tower and managed to put an end to Scarlet Briar's machinations within. It was during this time that Kasmeer and Marjory were properly introduced to the Commander's other allies, Braham and Rox, and talked with them.
Kasmeer and Marjory were called to action once again when Scarlet attacked Lornar's Pass with a massive Twisted Marionette controlled from above by her airship, The Breachmaker, in an attempt to perfect a new weapon. The pair joined forces with the Commander, Braham, Rox and their new ally Taimi to defeat the construct and thwart Scarlet's latest plan. After the battle, they reunited at The Dead End where Kasmeer finally opened up about the fates of her family and the circumstances that had led her to be employed by Marjory. The necromancer felt sorry for Kasmeer and insisted on her staying with her for the night so Kasmeer would not have to be alone, an offer which Kasmeer eagerly took.
Following Scarlet's attack on Lion's Arch, Kasmeer traveled to the beleaguered city to help with relief efforts. Once the deadly miasma had cleared, she joined the fight against Scarlet's Alliance, and eventually found herself aboard The Breachmaker itself, cornering the sylvari mastermind who had been injured fighting invading adventurers. Scarlet, broken but not beaten, severely injured Marjory and Braham, and the enraged Kasmeer, believing Marjory to be dead, engaged Scarlet in fierce combat. She distracted Scarlet with illusions and cruel taunts while the Pact Commander got close enough to finish the wayward sylvari off. Upon returning to Marjory, Kasmeer realized that the necromancer had survived Scarlet's attack and kissed her in relief, cementing their budding relationship.
The group evacuated the falling flagship while failing to prevent it from completing Scarlet's prime objective: drill into the ley lines and direct them west to the Heart of Maguuma. Shortly after the destruction of The Breachmaker, a loud cry resonated throughout Tyria although its origin remained unknown at first. As the surviving and beaten members of Scarlet's Alliance fled from the destroyed city upon their leader's demise, Lion's Arch was reclaimed.
Some time later, Kasmeer and the rest of the group returned to The Dead End bar to discuss the aftermath of the battle and their future plans, and she sent an invitation to the Commander to join them as well. While there, the group met with Marjory's big sister, Seraph Belinda Delaqua, who had come to check up on Marjory before departing on her latest mission to the Brisban Wildlands. During a conversation with the Commander, Kasmeer complimented the Commander for their teamwork in the battle against Scarlet and that her hiccups were gone. She also learned that the Commander suspected the loud cry originating from an Elder Dragon which Scarlet may have stirred on purpose. Kasmeer admitted to not believing herself to be a person who would overcome her fears and evil while the Commander told her that she was braver than she thought.
Kasmeer and Rytlock arrived in Elona before the Commander. Upon the Commander's arrival in the Free City of Amnoon and being detained by Captain Rahim, Kasmeer, as part of the human delegation, vouched for the Commander and confirmed access to Amnoon. After catching up with Rytlock and Kasmeer, who expressed her fear about confronting one of the gods she had grown up worshipping, the trio entered Amnoon to speak again with Captain Rahim.
When the city was being assaulted by Balthazar's Forged troops, the city considered allying themselves with others for aid, but were at an impasse on which they should choose. Representatives from the Mordant Crescent, corrupted former members of the Sunspears, had arrived offering aid, but it would require allying themselves with Palawa Joko, a powerful undead Lich. Another option was allying with Kormir's priesthood and the remaining Sunspears, ancient guardians of Elona who may bring hope to the citizens, but doing so would incur Joko's wrath. A final option was to remain independent as before, and step up recruitment of cavaliers to protect Amnoon. Kasmeer was supporting the Sunspears, but the choice would be the Commander's. After their decision, Kasmeer pulled the Commander aside and spoke to them about why she supported Kormir and how Balthazar's goals may be noble even if his path was not.
After the defeat of Balthazar with Kralkatorrik and Aurene absorbing his powers, Kasmeer was sent with Marjory to keep an eye on the Elder Dragon's movements. They found Kralkatorrik perched on a mountain in Western Kourna and noticed him acting strange. These actions were later revealed to be the Elder Dragon testing his newfound powers by creating remote Brandstorms and creating Death-Branded minions from corpses.
During the political summit between Elonian factions in the Fortress of Jahai in 1331 AE, Taimi initially could not raise Kasmeer and Marjory on the remote communicator, which made her worry. Some time after, the pair did manage to get in contact with Taimi much to her relief, only to reveal that Kralkatorrik had suddenly vanished from the mountain. The Crystal Dragon's disappearance was later revealed to be him mastering Balthazar's power to traverse the Mists, which he had entered to devour more magic and send Branded minions throughout Elona in search of Aurene.
As the Pact and the Elonian alliance prepared to face Kralkatorrik in Thunderhead Peaks in 1332 AE, Taimi contacted Kasmeer and Marjory and updated them on what had been happening in Elona since their last meeting. During the conversation Kasmeer and Marjory learned that Aurene had devoured Palawa Joko and let Taimi know that they had been busy evacuating villages which had been targeted by the Branded.
Some time after the death of Kralkatorrik, Kasmeer, along with Marjory and the rest of Dragon's Watch, was present at the All-Legion Rally organized by Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer in Grothmar Valley. Afterwards, she helped train charr cubs by creating illusions of herself and various enemies—such as Ascalonian ghosts, Risen, Mordrem, Branded, Icebrood and Destroyers—for them to fight.
- Divinity's Reach
- Lion's Arch
- Kessex Hills
- Southsun Cove
- Lornar's Pass
- Episode 7: Dragon Bash
- Episode 13: Tower of Nightmares
- Episode 14: The Nightmares Within
- Special Event: The Nightmare is Over
- Episode 16: The Origins of Madness
- Episode 17: The Edge of the Mists
- Episode 18: Escape from Lion's Arch
- Episode 19: Battle for Lion's Arch
- Episode 20: Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath
- Special Event: Festival of the Four Winds
- Episode 1: Gates of Maguuma
- Episode 2: Entanglement
- Episode 3: The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- Episode 4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Act IV
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Help the cubs defeat Kasmeer's illusions! (80)
- Help the cubs defeat illusory foes to build warband cohesion (80)
- Defeat the very real devourer before the cubs are forced to retreat! (80) [Group Event]
- Bounce an orb of energy between foes and allies that applies random boons to allies and random conditions to foes. Winds of Chaos -
- Clone. Teleport away from your target, summoning a clone that casts Winds of Chaos. Phase Retreat -
- Phantasm. Summon illusions that deal damage and inflict vulnerability. Phantasmal Warlock -
- boons and inflicts your foe with random conditions whenever you are struck. Chaos Armor - Apply a random condition to nearby foes and gain chaos aura. Chaos aura grants you random
- conditions to foes and boons to allies. The first strike of the storm dazes foes. Chaos Storm - Create a magical storm at the target location that applies random
- Illusion of Defense - A portion of incoming damage is transferred to the illusionary defender.
- Glamour. Create an area that warps time, granting you and your allies quickness. Enemies in the field are slowed. Time Warp -
- Glamour. Create a dome around your foes that reflects projectiles. Feedback -
- Glamour. Create an entry portal at your location that teleports allies to your exit portal. (Creating a new entrance portal while you have an active portal will destroy the active portal.) Portal Entre -
- Glamour. Create an exit portal. Portal Exeunt -
- Manipulation. Teleport to a target location. Blink -
- For previous dialogue: Kasmeer Meade/dialogue
For previous quotes, see here.
- How pleasant to see you.
- Oh, how are you?
- I adore what you're wearing. I must get a dress in that color.
- Am I real or an illusion? (laugh)
- You should know I'm not all smiles.
- Downing foe and disengaging
- What dreadful business.
Kasmeer meets with Ellen Kiel during The Secret of Southsun.
- Renders / Concept art
Portrait by Jamie Ro.
Into the Labyrinth loading screen with Rox, Kasmeer, Marjory Delaqua and Braham Eirsson.
- Kasmeer is voiced by Janell Cox.
- She wields Kasmeer's Staff and originally wore the Phoenix Light Armor Skin, but changed to the Kasmeer's Regal Outfit in Living World Season 3, all of which were made available for purchase through the Gem Store.
- During the Tower of Nightmares arc, Kasmeer admitted her clothes at the time were simply illusions, and that she was actually naked at the time. This has also been the only time she made allusions to such since.
- Kasmeer is commonly used on the Guild Wars 2 Wiki in images used for size comparisons. ArenaNet playfully mentioned this in-game in the Living World Season 2 instance Fallen Hopes when she mentioned she had been turned into a unit of measurement.
- Associated items
- Mini Kasmeer Meade
- Mini Southsun Kasmeer
- Mini Dragon's Watch Kasmeer
- Kasmeer's Staff Skin
- Kasmeer's Regal Outfit
- ^ Ambient dialogue during the Secret of Southsun
- Lord Faren: It's not like we've never kissed before.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We were eight.
- Lord Faren: And I've carried a torch for you ever since. Surely proof that my love is no mere schoolboy's trifle.
- ^ a b The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace
- Marjory Delaqua: Hey. What's wrong? You've been unusually quiet today.
- Kasmeer Meade: (sigh) It's my father's birthday. He'd have been forty-five today.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?
- Kasmeer Meade: I just miss him. He didn't deserve to die like that...like a rat in a cage.
- Marjory Delaqua: Why was he in jail?
- Kasmeer Meade: He was in debtor's prison. It's not what you think. He was a good father.
- Marjory Delaqua: How did he get into debt?
- Kasmeer Meade: My brother, Kyle, liked to gamble. He lost a lot. My father loved him, and he used family money to bail him out.
- Kasmeer Meade: They were going to kill Kyle.
- Marjory Delaqua: So then your father couldn't pay his own bills.
- Kasmeer Meade: That's right. So they took everything we had left, and they put him in prison.
- Marjory Delaqua: That's why you were looking for a job.
- Kasmeer Meade: And you hired me. I'll never forget how you saved me that day, Jory.
- Marjory Delaqua: I had no idea your situation was so...dark.
- Marjory Delaqua: He died in prison?
- Kasmeer Meade: Uh-huh. A nobleman in debtor's prison... Well, you can imagine what they...thought of him there.
- Kasmeer Meade: I visited him as often as I could, but he hated me seeing him like that.
- Kasmeer Meade: And then he was just gone.
- Marjory Delaqua: It must have been terrifying for you when they arrested your father.
- Kasmeer Meade: I'd been with my tutor, working on staff spells, and when I got home, they were there.
- Kasmeer Meade: They had him in chains, and they wouldn't let me speak to him.
- Kasmeer Meade: They wouldn't let me...do anything. They seized the house and were taking all our things.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'm so sorry.
- Kasmeer Meade: The guard in charge took pity on me, I think. He told me I could take one item from the house.
- Kasmeer Meade: But I had to decide right then. One thing...from all my belongings, my family's heritage.
- Kasmeer Meade: He said, "You better choose carefully. It's all you're ever getting back."
- Kasmeer Meade: I could have taken one of my mother's necklaces or a valuable piece of art, but he was adamant. Only one thing.
- Marjory Delaqua: What did you take?
- Kasmeer Meade: I took the stuffed bear my father had given me... (sob)
- Marjory Delaqua: Oh, Kas. Shhhh. It's okay.
- Marjory Delaqua: Listen, honey. Why don't you stay with me tonight? You shouldn't be alone.
- Kasmeer Meade: I'm afraid I'll never want to leave.
- Marjory Delaqua: I won't let you.
- ^ Eye of the Brandstorm
- <Character name>: We should check in with Jory and Kas. See if they've caught up to Kralkatorrik.
- Taimi: They already checked in. Kralk is perched in some mountains. They said it's acting strange...
- ^ A Shattered Nation
- Braham Eirsson: About that. Taimi wanted an update on Kralk...only we can't raise Kas and Jory on the comm. She's starting to worry.
- <Character name>: I'm...sure they're okay. Keep trying. Let me know as soon as you reach them. [...]
- Taimi: Commander! I finally heard from Kas and Jory—and it's not good. They lost Kralkatorrik!
- <Character name>: Define "lost."
- Taimi: They said he just...vanished! I think he—
- ^ Post by Bobby Stein in "Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer", Old Guild Wars 2 Forums (Archived)
- ^ Fallen Hopes
- Taimi: Facts are facts. The three of us together weigh as much as nineteen Kasmeers.
- Kasmeer Meade: Great. I'm a unit of measurement.