I warned you.
The Twisted Marionette is a giant Twisted Watchwork super-weapon created by Scarlet Briar in 1327 AE. Its design was made in mockery of Queen Jennah's Watchknights and was held aloft by six chains suspended from The Breachmaker, still under construction. The super-weapon was tested openly at Marionette's Landing in Lornar's Pass. The Marionette was powered by five Power Regulators, each defended by five powerful Twisted Watchwork wardens. The eventual members of Dragon's Watch - Braham, Rox, Marjory Delaqua, Kasmeer Meade, and Taimi, fought with adventurers to overload the Power Regulators to sever the chains of the Marionette. When the fifth chain was destroyed, Scarlet Briar would retrieve the Marionette with the sixth and final chain, and later re-deploy it with all chains reattached. Upon being fully charged, the Twisted Marionette would fire a powerful energy beam into the Breachmaker, which would then target all adventurers in the area, instantly killing them.
Eventually destroyed by members of the Durmand Priory after the proto-Dragon's Watch crew left. After its destruction, the Twisted Marionette's remains lie uselessly at the test site, abandoned by Scarlet Briar in her preparations to assault Lion's Arch, and remain covered with snow.
In 1334 AE, a vision of the Twisted Marionette, where it was successful in destroying Tyria's heroes, began to threaten to intrude into Tyria. A Mist Stranger appeared in the Eye of the North to recruit the Pact Commander and other allies to deal with the threat, guiding them to the vision through the Scrying Pool.
- Hold the line! (80) [Group Event]
- Destroy the power regulators to discharge energy back at the marionette (80) [Group Event]
- Stomp - A large AoE circle across the platforms. This is performed when no chains are severed.
- High Kick - A long rectangle AoE across the platform. This is performed when one chain is severed.
- Lightning Strike - A chain of AoE circles that strike across the platform. This is performed when two chains are severed.
- Sword Swing - A line of AoE circles on the edge of the platform close to the boss. This is performed when three chains are severed.
- Scream - A wide spread of AoE circles around the platform. This is performed when four chains are severed.
- Aetherblade Megalaser - This is the wipe mechanic performed when the bar denoting failure fills. It kills all players on the map, the marionette leaves, and the meta fails.
- Concept art
Concept art by Naomi Baker.
- Size comparisons
- Revenge of the Marionette
- Wrath of the Twisted Marionette
- The Origins of Madness: Marionette Dismisser — Cheer for the departing twisted marionette. (1 )
- The Origins of Madness: Marionette Dodger — Avoid the Twisted Marionette's sword attack during an assault on its power regulators. (10 )
- The Origins of Madness: Marionette Lightfoot — Avoid the Twisted Marionette's stomp during an assault on its power regulators. (5 )
- The Origins of Madness: Marionette Muter — Avoid the Twisted Marionette's scream attack during an assault on its power regulators. (10 )
- The Origins of Madness: Marionette Short-Circuiter — Avoid the Twisted Marionette's lightning attack during an assault on its power regulators. (5 )
- The Origins of Madness: Marionette Sidestepper — Avoid the Twisted Marionette's high kick during an assault on its power regulators. (5 )
- The Origins of Madness: Marionette Tangler — Successfully defeat Scarlet's marionette. (10 )
- Concept art for a giant marionette boss has existed at least as far back as the Sorrow's Furnace update for Guild Wars, and was even adapted at one point for the tapestry on the Monument of Devotion.