Imperators are the leaders of the High Legions, holding the second-highest rank in charr society (the highest being the Khan-Ur). The imperators are always descendants of the Khan-Ur, and only an imperator can claim such title. As there is currently no Khan-Ur, the imperators are the highest ranking charr and have the supreme authority within their legion's structure, acting as commanders-in-chief. As hinted by Seneca the Relentless, imperators are granted the right to personally interrogate, judge and sentence prisoners.
- Bangar Ruinbringer - Blood Legion
- Gaheron Baelfire - Flame Legion
- Malice Swordshadow - Ash Legion
- Smodur the Unflinching - Iron Legion
- Historical imperators
- Ventus - Flame Legion, invaded Orr in 1071 AE
- Forge Ironstrike - Iron Legion, fought alongside Kalla Scorchrazor in 1116 AE
- Imperator is a Latin word that roughly translates into "commander", and is the root for the word "emperor".