Imperators are the leaders of the High Legions, holding the second-highest rank in charr society (the highest being the Khan-Ur). The imperators are always descendants of the Khan-Ur, and only an imperator can claim such title. As there is currently no Khan-Ur, the imperators are the highest ranking charr and have the supreme authority within their legion's structure, acting as commanders-in-chief. As hinted by Seneca the Relentless, imperators are granted the right to personally interrogate, judge and sentence prisoners.
- Malice Swordshadow — Current.
- Bangar Ruinbringer — Current.
- Efram Greetsglory — Current, unofficial.
- Gaheron Baelfire — Killed in 1325 AE. Attempted resurrection via the Eternal Flame, but his spirit was banished into the Mists.
- Unnamed Imperator — Lost a battle against the three High Legions on the Plains of Golghein during the charr rebellion. Stabbed Kalla Scorchrazor fatally with a poisoned dagger while surrendering to her, and was executed on spot by Forge Ironstrike for his treachery in 1116 AE.
- Unnamed Imperator — Assaulted Ascalon City in 1090 AE, losing the Claw of the Khan-Ur during the Foefire, and had his name struck from history records.
- Ventus — Invaded Orr in 1071 AE right before the Cataclysm.
- Smodur the Unflinching — Current.
- Singe Seigemourn — Pushed for development technology in the 13th century AE.
- Forge Ironstrike — Lost a duel against Kalla Scorchrazor and fought alongside her as an ally on the Plains of Golghein against the Flame Legion in 1116 AE.
- Imperator is a Latin word that roughly translates into "commander", and is the root for the word "emperor".