Shadow of the Dragon
Shadow of the Dragon
While some believe it is immortal and cannot die, others do not. To date, there is no proof in either direction.
The Shadow of the Dragon is the form taken by the shadow of evil that has infected the Dream. If the player character is a sylvari, it blocks the path to their awakening and must be vanquished before the player can enter the world. Physically, it resembles a dragon champion and seems to be composed of plant matter, with an orange glow at its core not dissimilar to that of the Summoned Husks.
|The Shadow of the Dragon is later revealed to have manifested in Tyria itself as a dragon champion of Mordremoth, and Trahearne proclaims that defeating Zhaitan was just the first part of the player's Wyld Hunt, and the next is to defeat Mordremoth. It proceeds to attack the player and the Pale Tree at the World Summit in the Omphalos Chamber, striking through the gaps of the tree with the ability to spawn Mordrem.
Shadow of the Dragon has shown itself one last time in The Mystery Cave. It attacks the players after they used one last Memory Seed to reveal the truth about sylvari origins. After a lengthy battle it fell to the floor near one of the golden building's facade and was taken down.
- Chapter 1: Following the Dream
- Episode 4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
In Fighting the Nightmare
- Changes attack pattern at low health.
- Summon Plant Wolves - AoE attack that summons Nightmare Hounds and Sinister Nightmare Hounds.
- Stomp - Knockdown in melee range.
- Bad Breath - A breath attack that inflicts a large amount of Poisoned damage.
- Entangling Thorns - AoE attack that does damage over time.
In The World Summit
- Has different attacks at each position taken.
- Only becomes vulnerable when all Dragon Tendrils are killed.
- Summon Dragon Tendril - Summons Dragon Tendrils to fight for the dragon.
- Summon Mordrem - Summons a random Mordrem to the field.
- Draconic Impact - An area-wide attack that deals massive damage and knocks down.
- Thorn Spit - A sticky glob that damages and poisons.
- Tangle Line - Spreads thorny vines through an area, crippling and Bleeding any walking through.
In The Mystery Cave
- Phase 1: Dragon circles its thorny arena while jungle vine tendrils attack.
- Phase 2: The dragon will dig itself under the ground and claw and bite. Various explosive pods will spawn in the arena, exploding if the player gets too close. They also explode after a set amount of time.
- Phase 3: The dragon's head will emerge from the center of the arena, flailing about as it is stuck in the divine fire circle.
- After one cycle of the phases, the dragon will throw stones from the ceiling. Shadow creatures will also try to destroy lit parts of the divine fire circle.
- Concept art
- Some of the dragon's abilities will instead show the attack being inflicted from an "Unknown" entity.