Tome of Courage
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Tome of Courage
— In-game description [?]
|1||Chapter 1: Unflinching Charge||½||Tome. Roused by tales of mythical Sunspear charges, ground and motivate allies before you.|
|2||Chapter 2: Daring Challenge||¼||4||Tome. As the tales recount of Turai, taunt your enemies by issuing an insightfully inciting challenge.|
|3||Chapter 3: Valiant Bulwark||¾||8||Tome. Manifest the shimmering purity of the desert sun, reflecting enemy missiles.|
|4||Chapter 4: Stalwart Stand||¼||10||Tome. Recount the stand of Elonian loyalists against Palawa Joko, granting resistance to your allies.|
|5||Epilogue: Unbroken Lines||¾||12||Tome. Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.|
- Applies the Tome of Courage effect on the player character.
- See also: Virtue#Related traits
- Wrathful Spirit — Aegis grants boons when it ends.
- Shattered Aegis — When an aegis you applied blocks an attack, it unleashes a Mystic Rebuke.
- Inspired Virtue — Virtues apply boons to allies when activated.
- Unscathed Contender — Deal increased damage while you have aegis.
- Virtue of Retribution — Gain retaliation when you activate a Virtue. Retaliation you grant has increased duration.
- Power of the Virtuous — Deal increased damage for each boon on you. Virtues gain reduced recharge.
- Indomitable Courage — The active effect of Virtue skill 3 breaks stun and grants stability to nearby allies. Its passive effect gains a shorter interval.
- Purity of Word — Gain knowledge of Elonian lore, igniting a fierce drive to purge corruption and manifesting your Virtues as mystic tomes. Gain access to Mantras.
- Archivist of Whispers — Your Virtues gain additional pages.
- Swift Scholar — Equipping or stowing a Virtue grants you quickness.
- Stalwart Speed — When you grant aegis or stability, grant quickness. This can affect multiple targets simultaneously.
- Loremaster — Tome skills gain reduced recharge. Retain Virtues passives while they are on cooldown.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|December 11, 2018||
|November 07, 2017||
|September 22, 2017||Path of Fire release:
- This tome was added with the launch of Path of Fire on September 22, 2017. Prior to the June 23, 2015 update, guardians had an elite tome skill Tome of Courage, which provided healing and protection skills.
- During the second stresstest phase, after the original beta weekends, the skills cast time has been reduced from 0.75 to 0.25 seconds. This is an undocumented change and it is unclear whether or not this was intended.