Assume the form of a reaper and gain new skills, turning your life force into health.
— In-game description [?]
As with Death Shroud, the necromancer's health is temporarily replaced by their life force pool while in Reaper's Shroud, and all damage taken is inflicted to the life force pool instead of the necromancer's normal health pool. Strike damage done to the life force pool is reduced by 50%. This damage reduction stacks multiplicatively with other damage reduction effects such as Protection and Infusing Terror. The necromancer naturally loses 5% of its total life force pool every second when in Reaper's Shroud, compared to 3% in Death Shroud.
While in Reaper's Shroud, upgrades, such as sigils, on the necromancer's currently equipped weapon continue to function. While you cannot swap weapons in Reaper's Shroud, entering Reaper's Shroud will activate sigils that trigger on weapon swap (for more information, see weapon swap).
Traits and rune bonuses that trigger at health thresholds (such as Superior Rune of the Scholar) rely on the necromancer's regular health pool, rather than their life force pool.
When under the effect of Reaper's Shroud, these skills replace the normal weapon skill bar. They can't be changed but can be upgraded through the use of traits.
|1||Life Rend||½||Chain. Shroud. Cleave foes in front of you. This skill inherits traits from Life Blast.|
|1||Life Slash||½||Chain. Shroud. Cleave foes in front of you again. This skill inherits traits from Life Blast.|
|1||Life Reap||½||Shroud. Cleave foes around you, gaining life force for each foe struck. This skill inherits traits from Life Blast.|
|2||Death's Charge||1¼||6||Shroud. Slide forward, destroying projectiles in your path. Blind foes at your destination. This skill inherits traits from Dark Path.|
|3||Infusing Terror||25||Shroud. Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability and reduces incoming damage. You may shatter this armor to fear foes around you.|
|3||Terrify||½||Shroud. Detonate your armor to make foes around you flee in fear.|
|4||Soul Spiral||2¾||30||Shroud. Spin and damage nearby foes, and inflict a condition each strike.|
|5||Executioner's Scythe||1¼||30||Shroud. Deliver a powerful overhand strike to stun a single target, dealing increased damage the lower their health. Leaves behind an ice field.|
- See also: Death Shroud#Related traits
- Awaken the Pain — Might grants you more power and less condition damage. Gain might when entering shroud.
- Signets of Suffering — Gain enhanced versions of your equipped signet passive effects while in shroud. Signets recharge every second you are in shroud.
- Spiteful Spirit — Strike around you when entering shroud.
- Plague Sending — Your first attack after entering shroud transfers conditions. Only activates if you have conditions.
- Furious Demise — Gain fury when entering shroud. Gain additional precision.
- Weakening Shroud — Cast Lesser Enfeeble when entering shroud. Critical hits inflict weakness.
- Armored Shroud — Gain carapace when entering shroud.
- Shrouded Removal — Lose a condition when you enter shroud and every few seconds while you remain in shroud. Gain carapace when removing conditions from yourself.
- Unholy Sanctuary — Regenerate health while in shroud. If your life force is above the threshold, your shroud will activate if you would take a lethal blow.
- Vampiric Presence — You and your nearby allies siphon health with attacks. This effect increases while in Shroud.
- Unholy Martyr — Entering shroud transfers conditions from allies to you. Exiting shroud consumes conditions currently on you and converts them to life force.
- Speed of Shadows — Entering shroud grants swiftness and removes movement-impairing conditions.
- Sinister Shroud — Shroud skills gain reduced recharge.
- Soul Barbs — Entering or exiting shroud increases all damage you deal for a duration.
- Eternal Life — Gain life force every interval up to the threshold when not in shroud. Gain protection when you enter shroud.
- Death Perception — Gain increased critical-strike chance and ferocity when in a shroud.
- Shroud Knight — Death Shroud is replaced with Reaper's Shroud, which has more melee-oriented skills and consumes life force at a faster rate. Gain access to shouts.
- Relentless Pursuit — Reduces duration of movement-impairing conditions. Additional reduction while in reaper's shroud.
- Blighter's Boon — Gain life force when you apply a boon to yourself. If you are in reaper's shroud, gain health instead.
- Reaper's Onslaught — Gain ferocity and quickness while in Reaper's Shroud. Hitting with Life Reap reduces the recharge time of shroud skills. Recharge reduction can only occur once per use of Life Reap.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|November 30, 2021||
|September 01, 2021||
|August 17, 2021||
|November 07, 2017||
|September 22, 2017||Path of Fire release:
|August 09, 2017||
|October 23, 2015||Heart of Thorns release:
- Kills in the Reaper's Shroud count as hammer kills.