- Dragon Response Mission: Fields of Ruin
(Fields of Ruin)
Dragon Response Mission: Snowden Drifts
- Dragon's Watch
Kasmeer's appearance before Living World Season 3.
Kasmeer's appearance during End of Dragons.
A face like a candle when the whole world seemed dark. Jory, you've always believed in me, even when I didn't believe in myself. This life we live has taken us everywhere, but as long as I wake up and see your face next to mine, I'm home.
Kasmeer Meade is a member of the Mesmer Collective from a noble family. A staunch member of Dragon's Watch, pious follower of the Six Human Gods and lover of Marjory Delaqua, she has to balance her responsibilities with her adventuring companions and her duties in Kryta. Kasmeer has a nervous tic in the form of uncontrollable hiccups whenever she is afraid.
|Kasmeer's noble rank is restored by the time of the Siege of Divinity's Reach, and she becomes a valued member of Queen Jennah's court.|
Kasmeer Meade was born to a wealthy noble family consisting of a father, mother, and her brother Kyle Meade who lived in Divinity's Reach. She became a childhood friend of Lord Faren with whom she exchanged kisses when they were eight although their relationship never advanced further despite Faren's attempts at flirting. Kasmeer was tutored in the mesmer arts from a young age, and mastered the use of staff over time. After her mother had passed away, she inherited the mother's staff which had been in the family for generations from her mother's side. At some point Kasmeer was admitted into the Mesmer Collective.
Kasmeer's family fell on hard times when her father was murdered in debtor's prison after spending everything to pay off the debts of Kasmeer's gambling brother, Kyle, in early 1326 AE. When the creditors took all of the Meade family's possessions, they allowed Kasmeer to take a single item from the house: she took a stuffed bear she had since she was young that had been a gift from her father, and she had her mother's staff with her already. A minister moved into the Meade house shortly after.
Distraught by losing her father and possessions, Kasmeer decided to leave the unsympathetic nobility of Divinity's Reach. She began searching for a job, which led her to be employed by the detective necromancer Marjory Delaqua to make ends meet. One of Kasmeer's first assignments was to travel to the recently opened vacation resort on Southsun Cove and meet with potential clients there. While traveling aboard a ship to reach her destination, she spotted Lord Faren sneaking aboard as well. By the time the ship anchored at the cove, Kasmeer ran into Inspector Ellen Kiel who spotted Faren being a stowaway. She vouched for Faren not being a troublemaker, convincing the inspector to leave him alone. While staying at Pearl Islet, she spent time on the beach speaking with Faren and learned about attacks from karka who had been riled up by the rogue sylvari Canach's toxins.
Kasmeer was present when Logan Thackeray hired Marjory to investigate the death of Captain Theo Ashford during Dragon Bash and noticed Logan's surprise at seeing a noble like her in a seedy bar like The Dead End. During this time she also learned about Marjory's mysterious spy contact whom she began humorously calling "Mister E".
When an invisible wall was discovered in the middle of Viathan Lake later that year, Kasmeer joined Marjory in investigating the situation. She was able to shatter the powerful illusion causing the veil, revealing the concealed Tower of Nightmares guarded by the Toxic Alliance. The pair, along with the Durmand Priory and the Pact Commander, entered the tower and managed to put an end to Scarlet Briar's machinations within. It was during this time that Kasmeer and Marjory were properly introduced to the Commander's other allies, Braham and Rox, and talked with them.
Kasmeer and Marjory were called to action once again when Scarlet attacked Lornar's Pass with a massive Twisted Marionette controlled from above by her airship, The Breachmaker, in an attempt to perfect a new weapon. The pair joined forces with the Commander, Braham, Rox and their new ally Taimi to defeat the construct and thwart Scarlet's latest plan. After the battle, they reunited at The Dead End where Kasmeer finally opened up about the fates of her family and the circumstances that had led her to be employed by Marjory. The necromancer felt sorry for Kasmeer and insisted on her staying with her for the night so Kasmeer would not have to be alone, an offer which Kasmeer eagerly took.
Following Scarlet's attack on Lion's Arch, Kasmeer traveled to the beleaguered city to help with relief efforts. Once the deadly miasma had cleared, she joined the fight against Scarlet's Alliance, and eventually found herself aboard The Breachmaker itself, cornering the sylvari mastermind who had been injured fighting invading adventurers. Scarlet, broken but not beaten, severely injured Marjory and Braham, and the enraged Kasmeer, believing Marjory to be dead, engaged Scarlet in fierce combat. She distracted Scarlet with illusions and cruel taunts while the Pact Commander got close enough to finish the wayward sylvari off. Upon returning to Marjory, Kasmeer realized that the necromancer had survived Scarlet's attack and kissed her in relief, cementing their budding relationship.
The group evacuated the falling flagship while failing to prevent it from completing Scarlet's prime objective: drill into the ley lines and direct them west to the Heart of Maguuma. Shortly after the destruction of The Breachmaker, a loud cry resonated throughout Tyria although its origin remained unknown at first. As the surviving and beaten members of Scarlet's Alliance fled from the destroyed city upon their leader's demise, Lion's Arch was reclaimed.
Some time later, Kasmeer and the rest of the group returned to The Dead End bar to discuss the aftermath of the battle and their future plans, and she sent an invitation to the Commander to join them as well. While there, the group met with Marjory's big sister, Seraph Belinda Delaqua, who had come to check up on Marjory before departing on her latest mission to the Brisban Wildlands. During a conversation with the Commander, Kasmeer complimented the Commander for their teamwork in the battle against Scarlet and that her hiccups were gone. She also learned that the Commander suspected the loud cry originating from an Elder Dragon which Scarlet may have stirred on purpose. Kasmeer admitted to not believing herself to be a person who would overcome her fears and evil while the Commander told her that she was braver than she thought.
At the Festival of the Four Winds, Kasmeer, along with the Commander, Rox, Marjory, Braham, and Taimi, were noted as heroes and introduced to the Zephyrite Master of Peace. She, Marjory, and Taimi spent most of their time during the festival at the Labyrinthine Cliffs, with Kasmeer keeping a close watch on Marjory after her significant injuries, and noting both she and Marjory would be happy to return to their work with Delaqua Investigations.
Kasmeer traveled with Marjory to the Seraph outpost at Tangle Root at the request of the Commander, meeting up with them, along with Rox, Braham and Taimi. After they defeated the sudden Inquest attack and secured the outpost, she bade Belinda farewell, which was met with a stilted coolness on Belinda's part. This reaction prompted a brief discussion with the Commander over whether her noble background was to blame.
Upon encountering the Zephyrite crash site in Dry Top, Kasmeer, Marjory, and the Commander were chosen to enter the crash site, but her mesmer magic was blocked once they arrived. Fighting through the crash site and the Inquest's defenses, she tried to render aid to Morning, and told Marjory and the Commander that Morning had lied about not knowing why the Master of Peace was in danger. As their group investigated the crash and the slaughter of the Zephyrites, Kasmeer lamented not only the needless death involved but the possibility of another sylvari-at-large behind this destruction.
She continued to assist the Commander in their search for the Master of Peace, helping to fight and bring down the saboteur Aerin while wondering what would prompt the Master of Peace to leave his people in ruins elsewhere.
When their group began investigating Scarlet Briar's former room in Prosperity, Kasmeer found a copy of Ogden Stonehealer's "The Nature of Dragons", and was fascinated with the idea that the elder dragons were a natural part of Tyria.
After the destruction of Prosperity, Kasmeer noted the similarities of Aerin's broken speech and ramblings to the ramblings of Scarlet Briar, but quickly fell into nervous hiccups at the prospect that Mordremoth was awake and only beginning its attacks.
She followed the Commander to the Cavern of the Shining Lights using Scarlet's map, and helped reactivate the cavern defenses Scarlet had set up. Upon further discussion, she was excited at the prospect of investigating the waypoint at Fort Salma for the opportunity to spend time with Belinda.
At Fort Salma, Kasmeer assisted the Commander and Marjory in defending the stronghold, understanding that the fort held krait obelisk shards from the Tower of Nightmares that needed to be protected at all costs. After the fight, she was the first to notice the body of Belinda crushed by Mordrem vines, and tried to give some comfort to Marjory, insisting she help with the funeral proceedings. Her comfort and support were gently rejected, and she grudgingly agreed to continue on with the Commander on the condition she spent that night with Marjory.
Meeting back up in Dry Top, Kasmeer delivered the news of Belinda's death, reassuring the group that Marjory would join up with them when she could. At Taimi's announcement that she had discovered Omadd's Machine, Kasmeer expressed her worry about the potential damage the machine could do, citing the effect on Scarlet. After Taimi entered the machine, she shielded the Commander as they retrieved Taimi, but was then unable to immediately retrieve the Commander as well, admitting they only pulled them out once they started screaming. Talking to the Commander, Kasmeer voiced her doubts about pulling off an audience with the Pale Tree, but reaffirmed her commitment to see things through. She requested time to check-in on Marjory in Divinity's Reach before reconvening in the Grove, saying she'd send a message when she was ready.
Meeting up with the Commander in the Omphalos Chamber, Kasmeer was recognized for her unveiling of the Tower of Nightmares, but deferred the credit to the whole group and watched attentively while the Commander spoke to the Pale Tree. Afterwards, as the group discussed their next moves, she stated her intent to obtain an audience with Countess Anise to try and sway Queen Jennah into attending the world leader summit, a nervous prospect considering her standing with the crown.
After meeting up at the Ley Line Hub, Kasmeer informed the Commander her audience with Countess Anise was a success and that Queen Jennah would be attending the summit.
Before the summit could occur, Kasmeer sent a letter to the Commander, explaining Queen Jennah was now under suspicion of colluding with Scarlet Briar, and that unless the charges were dropped, Jennah would have to miss the summit to attend the hearing. She asked the Commander to meet her at a party in Divinity's Reach and help find the lying minister without arousing suspicion. Upon arrival, she explained the situation in detail and helped the Commander discover Minister Estelle's lies about the queen and convince her to recant her statements. Speaking with Countess Anise, she was invited to travel with the queen's entourage to the summit, which she accepted, hoping perhaps this would open up an opportunity to regain her title.
At the summit, Kasmeer participated in the queen's procession before standing in solidarity with the Commander during the summit talks. Once the Omphalos Chamber was attacked by Mordrem, her mesmer portal allowed the world leaders to escape. Cut off after the arrival of the Shadow of the Dragon, she fought with the Commander and Braham to protect the Avatar of the Tree.
Once word spread that Fallen Seraph were causing trouble at Fort Salma, Kasmeer traveled with Marjory from the Priory to confront the ghost of Belinda. She helped fight through the ghosts to save Explorer Campbell, and was present to see Belinda's spirit fuse with her sword. After, she and Marjory returned to the Priory to continue their research looking for information to help the fight against Mordremoth.
Later, along with the Commander and Marjory, Kasmeer met with Ogden Stonehealer about the situation with Mordremoth, and was transported with the others to Glint's lair. As they fought through the various defenses of the lair, she and Marjory spoke on their joint knowledge of Glint, before finding a way to return to the Priory.
At Logan's request, Kasmeer was one of the group to rally at Camp Resolve in the Silverwastes, where the Commander revealed the presence of a dragon egg sired by Glint. There, the Commander asked her and Marjory to catch Trahearne up on the information they obtained at the Priory, and to tell only him about the dragon egg. She and the Commander spoke briefly on her worries about Marjory's dedication to kill Mordremoth, before the Commander asked them both to assist them in finding the Master of Peace.
Later, after the Commander tracked down the Aspect Masters, she, Marjory, Braham, Rox, Caithe, and the Commander followed the Master of Peace's trail into the Mordrem labyrinth, fighting through to find the Master of Peace dying in the center. Upon his death, they watched Caithe steal the dragon egg before disappearing and agreed to speak to the Pale Tree on a possible reason for the theft.
Kasmeer had stayed behind to help prepare the launch into Maguuma against Mordremoth, and helped push back the Mordrem's attack on Camp Resolve until the Commander could call an airstrike. She followed the Commander to the final memory seed location, and helped fight through to the golden location the Commander had seen in their vision from the Pale Tree. Upon planting the memory seed, she stood as protection while the Commander watched the final memory, and listened as Caithe revealed the secret of the Sylvari - that they were created from Mordremoth. As Caithe slipped away, she helped the Commander take down the Shadow of the Dragon once and for all, and traveled with the group back to Camp Resolve to join the Pact Assault on Mordremoth.
After the Pact fleet crashed in the Heart of Maguuma, Kasmeer and Marjory, scouting for Caithe, found that Mordremoth had attacked The Silverwastes, and they went to help Amber Sandfall while Braham and Rox went to Red Rock Bastion. Soon, the Commander arrived and aided Kasmeer and Marjory in defeating the Mordrem attacking the Pact survivors, leading the two to follow the Commander into the Heart of Maguuma. When reaching Maguuma's Breach, she expressed shock at how much wreckage there was, later following the Commander after their decision to either rescue the survivors or fortify the camp of survivors.
When encountering the Itzel hylek, she acknowledged they seemed truthful, and after arriving in Jaka Itzel, she voted to stay and defend the village from the encroaching Mordrem instead of attack them. At the Mordrem camp, she described the area as 'part prison camp, part minion factory', and she would later create portals along the cliff face for the rest of the group while the Commander glided down to the main camp. Kasmeer witnessed the death of Eir Stegalkin at the hands of the Mordrem Vinetooth and aided in killing the beast.
Within the Mordrem prisoner camp in Dragon's Stand, Kasmeer and the rest of the group that had gone ahead were stalled until the Commander arrived, and she expressed curiosity over what the rest of the group had found in Rata Novus. She began scouting the region and found that there were two separate routes leading ahead; one to Logan Thackeray and the other to Zojja, though both were heavily guarded. When fighting the Mordrem clones of Zojja, she realised that they must have inherited the asura's will and were trying to resist. Afterwards, the Commander assigned her and Rox to protect Logan and Zojja as they were in no shape to fight.
She was absent for the final confrontation with Mordremoth within its mind.
Lady Kasmeer Meade met with the commander in Rata Novus, and promptly asked for an invitation to join Dragon's Watch. The conversation came to a halt as a few escaped dragon minions began wreaking havoc in the lab. After subduing and returning the minions back to their pens for research, Taimi revealed that they were to be the first test subjects of her modified Omadd's Machine, Taimi's Machine.
The group was then joined by Marjory Delaqua. Marjory had been following a being that claimed to be Lazarus, the last Mursaat. However, recent events on Caudecus Manor revealed that the real Lazarus had to be dead, as one of the missing pieces needed to complete the resurrection ritual was right there in the manor. Marjory told the group that this fake Lazarus being would never separate from a peculiar hand mirror. Kasmeer explained that mirrors have a long history with mesmer illusions, and how this hand mirror could be a magic mirror that hides its owner with an illusion.
Kasmeer proposed using several other mirrors, that she would enchant, to create a reflection loop, with the fake Lazarus standing between the mirrors, and the mirrors reflecting their own reflection. She theorized that the reflections would be enough to shatter the illusion, thus revealing who was hiding behind the Lazarus facade.
With the aid of the commander, Kasmeer redirected and enchanted several mirrors that Taimi had placed around the Rata Novus lab. The plan worked, and Kasmeer's mesmer magic shattered the fake Lazarus illusion. The fake Lazarus resisted, and a chaotic fight ensued. Eventually, they were forced to drop the charade, revealing themselves as none other than Balthazar, the human god of fire and war. Balthazar escaped the lab, but not before hurting Marjory with a powerful fire attack, and banishing, taking Taimi's Machine with him. Being a faithful believer in the gods, Kasmeer was paralyzed by shock. One of the Six Gods was right in front of her, and was attacking the very human race he helped bring into Tyria so many years ago.
Stunned by Balthazar's entrance and betrayal, and Marjory's severe injuries, Kasmeer excused herself in between hiccups, asking the commander to tell Marjory she loved her, and portaled herself away.
Kasmeer and Rytlock arrived in Elona before the Commander. Upon the Commander's arrival in the Free City of Amnoon and being detained by Captain Rahim, Kasmeer, as part of the human delegation, vouched for the Commander and confirmed access to Amnoon. After catching up with Rytlock and Kasmeer, who expressed her fear about confronting one of the gods she had grown up worshipping, the trio entered Amnoon to speak again with Captain Rahim.
When the city was being assaulted by Balthazar's Forged troops, the city considered allying themselves with others for aid, but were at an impasse on which they should choose. Representatives from the Mordant Crescent, corrupted former members of the Sunspears, had arrived offering aid, but it would require allying themselves with Palawa Joko, a powerful undead Lich. Another option was allying with Kormir's priesthood and the remaining Sunspears, ancient guardians of Elona who may bring hope to the citizens, but doing so would incur Joko's wrath. A final option was to remain independent as before, and step up recruitment of cavaliers to protect Amnoon. Kasmeer was supporting the Sunspears, but the choice would be the Commander's. After their decision, Kasmeer pulled the Commander aside and spoke to them about why she supported Kormir and how Balthazar's goals may be noble even if his path was not.
After the defeat of Balthazar with Kralkatorrik and Aurene absorbing his powers, Kasmeer was sent with Marjory to keep an eye on the Elder Dragon's movements. They found Kralkatorrik perched on a mountain in Western Kourna and noticed him acting strange. These actions were later revealed to be the Elder Dragon testing his newfound powers by creating remote Brandstorms and creating Death-Branded minions from corpses.
During the political summit between Elonian factions in the Fortress of Jahai in 1331 AE, Taimi initially could not raise Kasmeer and Marjory on the remote communicator, which made her worry. Some time after, the pair did manage to get in contact with Taimi much to her relief, only to reveal that Kralkatorrik had suddenly vanished from the mountain. The Crystal Dragon's disappearance was later revealed to be him mastering Balthazar's power to traverse the Mists, which he had entered to devour more magic and send Branded minions throughout Elona in search of Aurene.
As the Pact and the Elonian alliance prepared to face Kralkatorrik in Thunderhead Peaks in 1332 AE, Taimi contacted Kasmeer and Marjory and updated them on what had been happening in Elona since their last meeting. During the conversation Kasmeer and Marjory learned that Aurene had devoured Palawa Joko, and they let Taimi know that they had been busy evacuating villages which had been targeted by the Branded.
Some time after the death of Kralkatorrik, Kasmeer, Marjory and the rest of Dragon's Watch were invited to Grothmar Valley to attend the All-Legion Rally organized by Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer. Kasmeer and Marjory met with the Commander, Braham, Rytlock and Gorrik at the Black Citadel where they boarded a chopper to the Blood Keep.
While in Grothmar, Kasmeer ran across a small group of Charr cubs that had been excluded from practice by other cubs in the fahrar due to being runts and believing in gods. Kasmeer decided to help them train together by creating illusions of herself for them to fight. When the cubs had proved that they could handle something more difficult, she encouraged them on a patrol as a warband where she created illusions of various enemies such as the Ascalonian ghosts present throughout Ascalon and minions of each of the known Elder Dragons, for them to face. Once the warband had successfully defeated these illusions the group was ambushed by a large devourer. Kasmeer ordered the cubs to retreat behind her so she could protect them but the cubs, believing it to be an illusion, joined her in taking it down. Once it had been defeated Kasmeer escorted them back to the farar training area where they thanked her and decided on 'Obsidian Warband' as their name.
A shaken Marjory, who had been subjected to a traumatic vision of her dead sister created by Jormag's whispers in the Bjora Marches desperately attempts to contact Kasmeer on her communicator but receives no response.
Kasmeer and Logan arrived in Drizzlewood Coast midway through a parley held between the Pact Commander, the United Legions and Ryland Steelcatcher. They were sent by Queen Jennah, alongside a troop of Seraph soldiers to repay Blood Legion for their help during the Siege of Divinity's Reach. Kasmeer and Logan's sudden arrival angered Ryland who called off negotiations with the United Legions, leaving the Commander, Crecia and the remaining Imperators to decide how to proceed. A combination approach was decided on as a strategy and Kasmeer offered the help of herself and the Seraph mesmers in regaining the territory to the West of Drizzlewood Coast, alongside the Blood and Ash legions.
Kasmeer rallied a group of Seraph mesmers together and conferred with Malice Swordshadow in Umbral Grotto, as the United Legions prepared to take back the western settlements held by the Dominion. Kasmeer assured Malice that her group of mesmers could confuse the enemy's senses and make them hear and see things that weren't there and that they'd be waiting on Malice's call to join the fight when they were needed. Kasmeer and her group worked alongside Malice in taking back Vloxen Mine, Fort Defiance and Leadfoot Village from Dominion control. Her group later converged with the rest of the United Legions forces at Wolf's Crossing where they fought to retake the bridge from the Steel Warband. The Seraph mesmers accompanying Kasmeer opened portals during this battle to allow United Legions troops to easily access the vantage points that Vishen was using to snipe their forces from.
After the glacier blocking the northern half of Drizzlewood Coast had receded and the Pact Commander had cleared the caves leading to the Forward Camp, Kasmeer reconverged with the rest of the United Legions forces there.
Kasmeer joined Efram Greetsglory and Ember Doomforge in leading the assault on the Frost Citadel in northern Drizzlewood Coast. She worked alongside them to secure a landing site on The Bloodfield where they constructed cannons to take down the gate of the citadel. Once inside the group worked to clear out the Frost Legion forces inside and interrupted the conversion process being used to convert Charr into dragon minions using Jormag's blood, by destroying their machines. When the Frost Citadel began to collapse and flood with blood due the damage sustained, Kasmeer helped find an alternative exit out of the keep. Outside the keep the group was confronted by the Claw of Jormag and worked together to construct scrap cannons that could knock it out of the sky and give them the upper hand. The group succeeded in knocking the Claw from the sky and alongside the United Legions forces, defeated it where it landed on the cliffs below.
After the events in Drizzlewood, Kasmeer spent time working with Crecia to clear out remaining Renegades and Dominion forces, believing it to be very important for charr-human relations that they loudly and publicly go after those groups.
When Thaddeus Soren contacted Dragon's Watch for help with the increased destroyer activity in the Fields of Ruin and Crecia's contingent was the only allied faction nearby that was available to help immediately, Kasmeer was worried about the reaction the Charr imperator would get from the people of Ebonhawke due to the ongoing tensions with the treaty and the Separatists there. Kasmeer traveled to the Fields of Ruin ahead of Crecia and the Commander to act as an intermediary and reassure the Ebonhawke locals that the Charr imperator and her troops were there to help. Bangar's campaign had spread a lot of fear in the stronghold, Crecia was previously his second in command and would also be the first Charr Imperator to have ever set foot inside the stronghold. Kasmeer, Crecia, and the Commander worked to drive back the invading destroyers and protect Ebonhawke from the invasion. They eventually defeated the Destroyer of the Third Fortress, a powerful destroyer that had dug under the city defenses and made it to the inner district of Ebonhawke.
Whilst traveling back from Ebonhawke, Kasmeer received news about Jormag's attack on Lake Doric and decided to spread the word about what was happening to potential allies. Kasmeer's warning reached Song of Final Exile just in time, saving countless Kodan there from becoming the dragons agents. Kasmeer and the Commander met with Braham outside the walls of Final Exile where he was following the sound of pained screams that neither of the two could hear at first. As the group approached Owl's Abattoir the Owl Spirit audibly called out to Braham for help and upon reaching the shrine the group was met with the sight of Ryland Steelcatcher channeling the corrupted spirit magic from Owl. Kasmeer and the Commander fought Ryland in a bid to split his focus and distract him while Braham focussed on breaking the connection. Owl was released from Ryland's grasp but rather than succumb to the dragon's advances she sacrificed herself to prevent the shifting of balance.
When the Commander crash landed on the shores of Cantha, nearly triggering a international incident, (newly elevated) Ambassador Meade was sent by Queen Jennah on a diplomatic mission. She was accompanied by Marjory, having invited her along (leading to some tension regarding Marjory's lack of interest in her Canthan heritage, about which Kasmeer hadn't thought to ask). The party was there to welcome the recently released Commander to a Cantha whose doors were open for the first time in their lives.
Although she might have been nervous as an Ambassador, Kasmeer focused on confidence and embraced the role (despite the disconcerting politics and pressure), and worked to minimize or soothe ruffled feathers and advance both Kryta's interests and, later, those of Dragon's Watch.
Several weeks after Dragon's Watch had resolved the Void problem, Kasmeer sent an invitation to the Commander and other Dragon's Watch members, including Taimi, Gorrik, Logan, Rox, Rytlock, Canach, and Braham, to meet her and Marjory in the Dead End bar in Divinity's Reach, which now belonged jointly to Marjory and Kasmeer. Kasmeer and Marjory greeted everyone while being visibly excited, and they also made small talk till everyone arrived. Once the group had gathered, Kasmeer and Marjory recounted the time they had spent together since they first met and proposed to each other while all of their friends cheered on them. The whole group shared a toast and Marjory stated that while there might not be the need for Dragon's Watch anymore, they will always be a guild.
- Divinity's Reach
- Kessex Hills
- The Tower of Nightmares
- Dragon Response Mission: Snowden Drifts
- Drizzlewood Coast
- Claw's Roost (During related events only)
- Fort Defiance (During related events only)
- Frost Citadel (During related events only)
- Leadfoot Village (During related events only)
- Legions' Alcove
- The Bloodfield (During related events only)
- Vloxen Mine (During related events only)
- Wolf's Crossing (During related events only)
- Divinity's Reach
- Lion's Arch
- Kessex Hills
- Southsun Cove
- Lornar's Pass
- Episode 2: Sky Pirates
- Episode 4: Tower of Nightmares
- Episode 5: Battle for Lion's Arch
- Living World Season 1 (historical)
- Episode 7: Dragon Bash
- Episode 13: Tower of Nightmares
- Episode 14: The Nightmares Within
- Special Event: The Nightmare Is Over
- Episode 16: The Origins of Madness
- Episode 17: The Edge of the Mists
- Episode 18: Escape from Lion's Arch
- Episode 19: Battle for Lion's Arch
- Episode 20: Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath
- Special Event: Festival of the Four Winds
- Episode 1: Gates of Maguuma
- Episode 2: Entanglement
- Episode 3: The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- Episode 4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Act IV
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Prologue: Bound by Blood
- Episode 3: No Quarter
- Episode 4: Jormag Rising
- Episode 5: Champions
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- To Catch a Spider (hologram and voice only)
- Act IV
- Act V
- Assault Fort Defiance! (80) [Group Event]
- Assault Leadfoot Village! (80) [Group Event]
- Assault Vloxen Mine! (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Claw of Jormag (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the guardian elemental to proceed (10) [Group Event]
- Defeat the very real devourer before the cubs are forced to retreat! (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat Vishen, Nicabar, and Ranoah, and seize control of the bridge (80) [Group Event]
- Destroy the machines! (80) [Group Event]
- Destroy the Ruinbringer (80) [Group Event]
- Help capture landing sites for the charr (80) [Group Event]
- Help construct allied siege engines (80) [Group Event]
- Help the cubs defeat illusory foes to build warband cohesion (80)
- Help the cubs defeat Kasmeer's illusions! (80)
- Help your allies escape! (80) [Group Event]
- Push Through the Front Line (80) [Group Event]
- Put an End to the Conversion Process for Good (80) [Group Event]
- Use the allied cannons to destroy the Citadel gate (80) [Group Event]
- Skills (Living World Season 1)
- Bounce an orb of energy between foes and allies. The first hit applies torment, while subsequent hits to enemies apply confusion. Allies that the orb bounces to gain fury and might. Winds of Chaos -
- Manipulation. Teleport to a target location. Blink -
- Phantasm. Summon an illusion that taunts your target and all nearby targets while blocking. When it finishes blocking, the illusion explodes, dealing increased damage for each attack it blocked.
Phantasmal Defender -
- Illusion of Defense - A portion of incoming damage is transferred to the illusionary defender.
- Skills (unsorted)[verification requested]
- Clone. Teleport away from your target, summoning a clone that casts Winds of Chaos. Phase Retreat -
- Phantasm. Summon illusions that deal damage and inflict conditions. Phantasmal Warlock -
- Blind and confuse nearby foes while you gain chaos aura. Chaos aura grants you a random boon and inflicts your foe with a random condition whenever you are struck. Chaos Armor -
- conditions to foes and boons to allies. The first strike of the storm dazes foes. Chaos Storm - Create a magical storm at the target location that applies random
- Glamour. Create an area that warps time, granting you and your allies quickness while slowing enemies. Time Warp -
- Glamour. Create a dome around your foes that reflects projectiles. Feedback -
- Glamour. Create an entry portal at your location that teleports allies to your exit portal. (Creating a new entrance portal while you have an active portal will destroy the active portal.) (Scripted use)
Portal Entre -
- Glamour. Create an exit portal. (Scripted use) Portal Exeunt -
- For previous dialogue: Kasmeer Meade/dialogue
- In Thunder Ridge Camp during Making the Antitoxin
- Oh, hello again. You and I seem attracted to trouble, don't we? I like that about us.
Nice work exposing that tower.
- I never could resist peeking under the wrapping to spoil a surprise. And that tower's a huge surprise. No one expected the krait and Nightmare Court would work together like this.
Why are you and Marjory still here?
- Jory's researching an elixir to counteract the toxins coming from that nightmare of a tower. I'm sure she'd welcome your help. She brought her Mendel weapons, so I know she's worried.
Her Mendel weapons?
- It's a long story, but back when Marjory was a Ministry Guard, she saw a boy get killed. His ghost spoke to her and asked her to take his weapons into her custody. They held some significance for him.
- I don't know. But now, they hold significance for her. They're sharp as dragon's teeth. When she brings them, I know she thinks we may have to fight.
- Good to know.
- Got it. Good luck.
- Here's hoping.
- I feel like this place knows us—what we're afraid of.
What do you mean?
- The tower—and maybe Scarlet as well—keeps using our most personal fears against us.
- Hm. You may be right.
- It does seem that way.
- Jory is going to be the death of me.
What do you mean?
- She nearly died in there. I'm going to have nightmares about her lying so still for the rest of my days. But now, she insists on continuing to fight.
How is she?
- She's in a lot of pain. It's her ribs. They're bruised at best, maybe broken. It's sheer determination keeping her on her feet.
Are you okay?
- Worried and tired, but fine. When you love someone like Jory, you have to accept moments like this. It's who she is.
She isn't going to die when she has someone like you to live for.
- Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. We made a pretty good team in there, didn't we? I know I didn't do much, but I'm glad I had a chance to fight by your side.
- You did great, Kasmeer. Stay safe. We'll all celebrate when this is over.
- Hang in there.
- How pleasant to see you.
- Oh, how are you?
- I adore what you're wearing. I must get a dress in that color.
- Am I real or an illusion? (laugh)
- You should know I'm not all smiles.
- Downing foe and disengaging
- What dreadful business.
Kasmeer's attire during Wintersday.
Kasmeers appearance during some of the Icebrood Saga story steps.
Kasmeer's appearance under Lyssa's Guise.
Kasmeer meets with Ellen Kiel during the Secret of Southsun.
Kasmeer kisses Marjory during Scarlet's End.
- Renders / Concept art
Portrait by Jamie Ro.
Into the Labyrinth loading screen with Rox, Kasmeer, Marjory Delaqua and Braham Eirsson.
End of Dragons concept art with Soo-Won, Marjory and Kasmeer.
- Secret of Southsun: Gossip with Lady Kasmeer — Speak with Lady Kasmeer Meade on Southsun Cove. (1 ) (Historical)
- Secret of Southsun: Southsun VIP Meet and Greet — Speak with key Southsun Cove characters. (5 ) (Historical)
- Sky Pirates: Tassi Master — Use the Tassi box to scan 11 potential suspects, primary or otherwise. (1 )
- The Nightmare Is Over: Nightmare Ender — Assist Marjoy and Kasmeer in "The Nightmare Ends" story instance in Kessex Hills. (4 )
- Escape from Lion's Arch: Delaqua Investigator — Help Marjory and Kasmeer investigate Scarlet's motives. (20)
- Tangled Paths: Connect the Dots — Rescue your allies in this order: Rox, Braham, Marjory, and Kasmeer. (5)
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Teacher's Assistants — Kill 250 of Kasmeer's illusions in in her training event. (3 )
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Under Her Wing — Complete Kasmeer's training without a single cub being transported away. (3 )
- End of Dragons: Act 1: All Due Respect — Follow Kasmeer's lead to be a model of court decorum. (1 )
- End of Dragons: Act 5: I Brought Flowers — Pick up a bouquet from the flower merchant to bring to Marjory and Kasmeer's gathering. (1 )
- Kasmeer is voiced by Janell Cox.
- She wields Kasmeer's Staff and originally wore the Phoenix Light Armor Skin, but changed to the Kasmeer's Regal Outfit in Living World Season 3, all of which were made available for purchase through the Gem Store.
- During the Tower of Nightmares arc, Kasmeer admitted her clothes at the time were simply illusions, and that she was actually naked. This has also been the only time she made allusions to such since.
- Kasmeer is commonly used on the Guild Wars 2 Wiki in images used for size comparisons. ArenaNet playfully mentioned this in-game in the Living World Season 2 instance Fallen Hopes when she mentioned she had been turned into a unit of measurement.
- Kasmeer's house with Marjory, The Delaqua & Meade Residence, is located in the Eastern Commons of Divinity's Reach.
- Kasmeer is one of the only characters who accompanies the Commander in every Expansion.
- Associated items
- Mini Kasmeer Meade
- Mini Southsun Kasmeer
- Mini Dragon's Watch Kasmeer
- Kasmeer's Regal Outfit
- Kasmeer's Regalia Cape
- Kasmeer's Staff Skin
- Inside ArenaNet: Developing Kasmeer and Marjory, Guildwars2.com
- ^ E's Correspondence
- ^ Ambient dialogue during the Secret of Southsun
- Lord Faren: It's not like we've never kissed before.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We were eight.
- Lord Faren: And I've carried a torch for you ever since. Surely proof that my love is no mere schoolboy's trifle.
- ^ a b c The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace
- Marjory Delaqua: Hey. What's wrong? You've been unusually quiet today.
- Kasmeer Meade: (sigh) It's my father's birthday. He'd have been forty-five today.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?
- Kasmeer Meade: I just miss him. He didn't deserve to die like that...like a rat in a cage.
- Marjory Delaqua: Why was he in jail?
- Kasmeer Meade: He was in debtor's prison. It's not what you think. He was a good father.
- Marjory Delaqua: How did he get into debt?
- Kasmeer Meade: My brother, Kyle, liked to gamble. He lost a lot. My father loved him, and he used family money to bail him out.
- Kasmeer Meade: They were going to kill Kyle.
- Marjory Delaqua: So then your father couldn't pay his own bills.
- Kasmeer Meade: That's right. So they took everything we had left, and they put him in prison.
- Marjory Delaqua: That's why you were looking for a job.
- Kasmeer Meade: And you hired me. I'll never forget how you saved me that day, Jory.
- Marjory Delaqua: I had no idea your situation was so...dark.
- Marjory Delaqua: He died in prison?
- Kasmeer Meade: Uh-huh. A nobleman in debtor's prison... Well, you can imagine what they...thought of him there.
- Kasmeer Meade: I visited him as often as I could, but he hated me seeing him like that.
- Kasmeer Meade: And then he was just gone.
- Marjory Delaqua: It must have been terrifying for you when they arrested your father.
- Kasmeer Meade: I'd been with my tutor, working on staff spells, and when I got home, they were there.
- Kasmeer Meade: They had him in chains, and they wouldn't let me speak to him.
- Kasmeer Meade: They wouldn't let me...do anything. They seized the house and were taking all our things.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'm so sorry.
- Kasmeer Meade: The guard in charge took pity on me, I think. He told me I could take one item from the house.
- Kasmeer Meade: But I had to decide right then. One thing...from all my belongings, my family's heritage.
- Kasmeer Meade: He said, "You better choose carefully. It's all you're ever getting back."
- Kasmeer Meade: I could have taken one of my mother's necklaces or a valuable piece of art, but he was adamant. Only one thing.
- Marjory Delaqua: What did you take?
- Kasmeer Meade: I took the stuffed bear my father had given me... (sob)
- Marjory Delaqua: Oh, Kas. Shhhh. It's okay.
- Marjory Delaqua: Listen, honey. Why don't you stay with me tonight? You shouldn't be alone.
- Kasmeer Meade: I'm afraid I'll never want to leave.
- Marjory Delaqua: I won't let you. [...]
- <Character name>: Who put your father in prison?
- Kasmeer Meade: The Ministry Guard came to the house and took him away, along with all our belonging. Now, a minister lives there.
- <Character name>: They took everything?
- Kasmeer Meade: They let me keep what I was carrying and wearing, which meant I was able to keep my staff. It had been in my family for generations, on my mother's side. All else was lost—except the stuffed bear.
- ^ Eye of the Brandstorm
- <Character name>: We should check in with Jory and Kas. See if they've caught up to Kralkatorrik.
- Taimi: They already checked in. Kralk is perched in some mountains. They said it's acting strange...
- ^ A Shattered Nation
- Braham Eirsson: About that. Taimi wanted an update on Kralk...only we can't raise Kas and Jory on the comm. She's starting to worry.
- <Character name>: I'm...sure they're okay. Keep trying. Let me know as soon as you reach them. [...]
- Taimi: Commander! I finally heard from Kas and Jory—and it's not good. They lost Kralkatorrik!
- <Character name>: Define "lost."
- Taimi: They said he just...vanished! I think he—
- ^ The Auditorium ambient dialogue
- ^ The Invitation
- Marjory Delaqua: Kas? Kas, please pick up. I need you.
- Marjory Delaqua: (sigh)
- ^ Escort legion forces to the mine
- Malice Swordshadow: We'll make Dominion bleed out. Small, sharp cuts until they think we're an army of thousands. That's our mission.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We mesmers can confuse the enemy's senses as well. They'll see and hear things that aren't there. Let us know when to rejoin you.
- Malice Swordshadow: Legions, stay focused and keep your wits about you. This won't be easy—so make it harder on Dominion.
- ^ Dragon Response Mission: Fields of Ruin
- <Character name>: Have you been working with Crecia at all after Drizzlewood?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Yes, quite a bit. She's been working to clear up the rest of the Renegades and Bangar's Dominion.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: I spent a lot of time with the charr in Drizzlewood, so Crecia asked if I could help finish what we started.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: It's important for human-charr relations that we very publicly, very loudly go after these groups.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: You saw today what kind of effect that can have. It's the difference between peace and war. It's worth it.
- ^ The Cycle, Reborn journal "After a couple of months of relative quiet, I received a message from Kasmeer inviting me to attend a party being thrown by her and Marjory at the Dead End Bar."
- ^ Legal Document Let this document serve to notify you of an official change in the ownership of THE DEAD END. Previously, this property was held by DELAQUA, MARJORY. The ownership has been updated to DELAQUA, MARJORY and MEADE, KASMEER.
- ^ Post by Bobby Stein in "Lord Faren/Lady Kasmeer", Old Guild Wars 2 Forums (Archived)
- ^ Ambient dialogue in Thunder Ridge
- Marjory Delaqua: How'd you get out of all that without a single smudge or tear on your dress?
- Kasmeer Meade: It's not a dress. It's an illusion. You think I'd take my best dress into a place like that?
- Marjory Delaqua: An illusion? You mean you're...
- Kasmeer Meade: Naked. Is that a problem?
- ^ Fallen Hopes
- Taimi: Facts are facts. The three of us together weigh as much as nineteen Kasmeers.
- Kasmeer Meade: Great. I'm a unit of measurement.