Aerin's appearance in Labyrinthine Cliffs.
My day has come at last. I'm finally where I'm supposed to be—with the Zephyrites, among the clouds.
Aerin was a sylvari merchant who plays a notable role in the story line of the second season of the Living Story. Little is known about his background other than that he was a trader with a strong fascination for the Zephyrites. He attempted to join them twice, first in 1326 AE when they appeared in the Labyrinthine Cliffs and rejected his overtures and again the following year, when he became one of many given permission to join them on their next voyage. He told them he was a Soundless and said his tie to the Pale Tree and the Dream of Dreams made him less of an individual, referring to them as "the hive". However, it is possible that he had only recently held this viewpoint, since he spoke of sending memories to the Dream prior to the voyage.
During that voyage, Aerin began changing, as if he was losing his mind. The Zephyrite Masters realized too late that he presented a danger and, as the fleet began crossing the Maguuma Wastes, the sylvari set off a series of explosions in the Zephyr Sanctum — the largest of their airships — causing it to crash. As it fell from the sky, it damaged at least three other vessels, stranding the survivors in Dry Top. After the crash, the Masters mention that it seemed like Aerin was fighting a battle of wills, with odd fits of anger and mentioning that the world should be destroyed.
After the crash, the party discovered that Aerin was interested in obtaining something from the Master of Peace, who described it as "great power that he couldn't handle." When finally confronted, Aerin was fighting alongside Mordrem and speaking to someone who — or perhaps something that — was directing his actions, hinting to a loss of that battle the Masters mention. After he was killed, a torn note is found on his body with the repeated phrase: "...leader will die. The rest will fall in line. We will not fail." Some believe that the "leader" refers to the Pale Tree and "the rest" to the sylvari, especially since Mordrem later attacked the Pale Tree during the World Summit.
- Episode 1: Gate of Maguuma
- Throws Grenades
- launches nearby foes. Big Ol' Bomb - Set a timed charge with a big blast that
- Cluster Bomb - Fire a cluster bomb at target area. Detonate in midair for multiple explosions.
- Grenade - Throw several grenades that explode.
- bleeding. Shrapnel Grenade - Throws grenades that explode in a hail of shrapnel, causing
- chill enemies with frigid blasts. Freeze Grenade - Throw grenades that
- poisonous clouds. Poison Grenade - Throws several grenades that explode in
- confusion to nearby foes. Concussion Bomb - Set a timed charge that causes
- Stolen skills
For previous dialogue, see Aerin/dialogue.