From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- 1325 AE
- Living World Season 1
- Dragon Bash
- The Dead End
Click to enlarge
|Search YouTube for videos related to Hard Boiled.|
- Marjory Delaqua: It could have been just another dreary night in the same ol' smoky bar, with that siren song lulling drunks and lonely hearts deeper into their sorrows.
- Marjory Delaqua: It could've been. But then, HE walked in.
- Marjory Delaqua: Logan Thackeray. The man with all the answers. Well, some of the answers, some of the time.
- Captain Logan Thackeray: Marjory Delaqua?
- Marjory Delaqua: If it suits you.
- Captain Logan Thackeray: It suits me just fine. I want to hire you. There's been a murder. Lion's Arch councillor Theo Ashford is dead, and I want to know who's responsible.
- Marjory Delaqua: Sounds like a job for the Lionguard. What's got you piqued?
- Captain Logan Thackeray: Between you and me, Ashford's an old friend of the family. I want to make sure they find his killer.
- Marjory Delaqua: I see. And you don't trust the Lionguard.
- Captain Logan Thackeray: Let's just say I'm hedging my bets. The pay's good. You in?
- Marjory Delaqua: How can I say no to Captain Lo–
- Captain Logan Thackeray: No names. I was never here.
- Marjory Delaqua: Maybe not, but your money is. I'm in.
- Captain Logan Thackeray: Lady Kasmeer. What are you doing in a place like this?
After the cinematic:
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Excuse me, Jory. What did Logan Thackeray want?
- Marjory Delaqua: Justice, I guess. And he paid in advance.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Where are you going this time?
- Marjory Delaqua: Lion's Arch. Come along, if you like. I could use your special talents. Besides, Dragon Bash is in full swing.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: (gasp) Thank you. That's so kind. I believe I shall.
- Speaking to Marjory
- You're showing an unnatural and unhealthy interest in my business. Is there something I can do for you?
- E sent me to help.
- Is that so? I shouldn't be surprised. This isn't the first time he's provided what I needed before I even knew I needed it.
Name's <Character name>
- Marjory Delaqua. Looks like we're going to Lion's Arch, <Character name>. You got any outstanding warrants there?
Not that I'm aware of. You?
- Not yet. Tell you what. introduce yourself to my friend over there, the blonde. I have to go pack my anti-pirate spray. I'll meet you in L.A. Look for me at the scene of the crime.
- You bet.
- Nope. See you there.
- An interesting twist.
- I'm just naturally nosy.
- Speaking to Kasmeer
- Hello. You're here to assist with the investigation into the murder in Lion's Arch?
That's right. Name's <Character name>, my lady.
- Pleased to meet you. By all means, call me Kasmeer. However did you know to come here?
E sent me.
- Ah, the mysterious Mister E. I see. Well, your assistance will be more than welcome, I'm sure.
- I'll see you in Lion's Arch.
- I'll tell you some other time.
- I am. See you there.
- Logan Thackeray only appears in the cinematic, not the instance itself.
- The cinematics purposefully adopted a noir feel, writing style, and art design.