Extraction Point is the thirteenth chapter of the End of Dragons story.
- Reconnect with your allies.
- Exit the mansion and update your allies.
- Make final preparations with your team.
- Enter the war room in Arborstone.
- Begin the war council.
- Place the extractors around the Harvest Temple.
- Travel to Dragon's End.
- Check in with your allies over comms.
- Pick up an inductive scanning device.
- Scan for a location to place the first extractor.
- (Assist your allies with Void forces in Dragon's End.)
- Help your allies in Dragon's End by completing events and defeating Void.
- Place the first extractor.
- Scan for a location to place the second extractor.
- Place the second extractor.
- Scan for a location to place the third extractor.
- Place the third extractor.
- Scan for a location to place the fourth extractor.
- Place the fourth extractor.
- Scan for a location to place the fifth extractor.
- Place the fifth extractor.
- Check in with your allies over comms.
- Meet your team at the Harvest Temple.
- Complete the story mission.
| Competent Commander
||End of Dragons: Act 5
|Check in with representatives of all allied forces in Dragon's End while placing extractors.A good commander knows the situation at all levels of the conflict and how his soldiers are performing.
||5 Checked in with Your Allies
- All five people you need to talk to are labelled on the map. Note that if there are a lot of enemies around, you may need to clear those enemies to make the map label visible.
- The representatives for the Jade Brotherhood and the Speakers won't appear until all five extractors have been placed.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Qualify for Competent Commander effect.
| True Ending
||End of Dragons: Act 5
|Participate in "Defeat Soo-Won" in Dragon's End before beginning "The Only One."When historians talk of this moment, they will say that you were there for it all.
||Participated in "Defeat Soo-Won" in Dragon's End before Beginning "The Only One"
- The Defeat Soo-Won event does not need to be successful to get this achievement.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Achievement Eligibility: True Ending effect.
- You can safely complete the Extraction Point story chapter, as the eligibility remains until you start the story instance at the beginning of The Only One.
- NPCs from the Dragon's End map and its associated events
- Any foes from the Dragon's End map and its associated events
- Leaving Joon's mansion
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Commander? Ready for some good news? You're finally in the clear! You can finally deactivate that silly mask.
- Detective Rama: ...And then give it to me. We don't need to let MinTel know, right?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Detective Rama testified on your behalf, and then Joon herself called in to drop all charges.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: There were a few holdouts in the court, but with Minister Li being arrested for Purist activities—
- Marjory Delaqua: It suddenly became very unfashionable to look suspicious of outsiders.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Reprisentatives of every major faction are heading to the Jade Sea to help fight the Void.
- Detective Rama: So what's our play?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: "Our" play?
- Detective Rama: Yes. Commander goes where the action is. I'm sticking with you.
- <Character name>: It'll be up to us to get the extractors in place. Meet me at Arborstone. We need a plan of attack.
- Entering the war room in Arborstone
- Taimi: Maybe if we just move this three millimeters over...
- After starting the meeting
- <Character name>: Thank you for meeting me here, everyone. Joon?
- Joon: As you all know, we've been busy replicating Ankka's Extractor. The plan is that we use the replicas to cure Soo-Won.
- Marjory Delaqua: What happens to the Void once we pull it out of her?
- Joon: It should pass to Aurene.
- Marjory Delaqua: And it's not going to turn her into a rampaging dragon.
- Taimi: Aurene's been able to withstand the corruption in the past.
- Caithe: But we don't know for sure, which is why we'll have an army.
- <Character name>: Those of you in the Jade Sea—what's Soo-Won's status?
- Caithe: Still rampaging. We've managed to keep her contained, but everyone's growing weary.
- <Character name>: You won't have to much longer. Are the extractors ready to be moved to the Jade Sea?
- Taimi: They'll be ready to go any second, Commander; we're just running a few last-minute tests...
- Joon: Why in the hell didn't that work! I was precise.
- Taimi: And making a few last-minute adjustments. But they'll be in the air in...minutes! Tens of minutes at the most!
- Joon: All clear! We're ready! Get them loaded!
- <Character name>: Gorrik, you meet Taimi and Joon in the Jade Sea. We need all our best minds keeping the extractors working.
- Gorrik: Actually, Commander... I want to be on the front line. I want to fight the Dragonvoid.
- Taimi: Gorrik...
- Gorrik: I won't be talked out of it. It was my blunder that set this all in motion. This choya-brain needs to make things right.
- Canach: Commander, Sayida and I are out here just off the coast of the Jade Sea.
- Canach: Void creatures are spreading beyond the shore...rapidly. We might want to get ahead of that.
- Canach: If you have any forces that are air-capable...
- Ivan: Air-capable? That's Ivan! I'll go!
- Ayumi: I can go with you. I'm good with heights.
- Canach: As long as you've got an airship and are reasonably useful in a fight, you're hired.
- <Character name>: Very well. Kas, Jory, since you know all players involved, I need you two to join battlefield command.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We won't let you down.
- <Character name>: I know. We've been here before. It didn't break us then, and it won't break us now.
- After the war council is over
- Taimi: Hey! Be more careful with that! It's gonna say the world, you know!
- Taimi: Wait, have my comms been open this whole time? Sorry, Commander!
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Jory, I'm... I don't know about this one. I don't know if we can...if we'll...
- Marjory Delaqua: It's a long shot, no denying that. But we can't think about that. We've just gotta deal with what's right in front of us.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Eyes forward, hearts open.
- Marjory Delaqua: We take this last one side by side, okay? Every step of the way.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Every step of the way.
- Speaking with Ayumi
- I can't believe I'm about to go ride around on an airship! Next visit to my mom in New Kaineng, we're going to have a lot to talk about...
Where are the rest of the Kestrels?
- Ayumi: Oh, um, they're back in Echovald. The Void corruption there is...significant now.
- Ayumi: But they're doing what we do best—keeping the people of the forest as safe as they can.
- Ayumi: I know they'll be okay.
- <Character name>: They will, but if you're worried, you could go back and join them.
- Ayumi: No. I can do more good out here. If we stop what's going on in the Jade Sea, then everyone is safe.
- I need to go.
- Speaking with Taimi
- Hey, Commander. Busy here trying to get these extractors prepped. Did you need something?
Do we have any idea what this Void actually is?
- Taimi: Oh, boy, there's a question... Kind of? But not really...
- Taimi: Our observations line up with what Kuunavang described. Void magic is made up of all the other magics.
- Taimi: It's funny because when you hear the word "void" you think of nothing, when the truth is it's everything.
- Taimi: But it turns out "everything" is highly volatile. Any matter caught up in it changes states constantly.
- Taimi: Life can't survive that. We can't survive that.
- No. Nothing.
- Speaking with Ivan
- Ivan is here for whatever you need, Commander.
You have an airship, Ivan?
- Ivan: Oh, yeah! Won it in a game of dice. Some Echovald scrapper found one of our galleons Ankka stashed.
- Ivan: He thought it was a water ship. Didn't even know what he had, hah!
- Ivan: If I hadn't won, I'd've probably found a way to liberate it from him...
- Ivan: Anyway, I ran into a few other ex-Aetherblades who're all interested in forming a new crew.
- Ivan: To do, uh. strictly legal sorts of airshipping.
- I'll leave you be.
- Speaking with Detective Rama
- Commander... I never quite thought things would get this bad. I admit, it's thrown me a little, but I'll get over it soon. My head's in the game. I'm here for whatever you need.
They don't need you at the Ministry of Security?
- Detective Rama: Me? Nah. I told them everything I know. The administrators get to clean up the mess at this point.
- <Character name>: Who's going to be the next Minister of Security? You?
- Detective Rama: (laughs)
- Detective Rama: Oh, boy. No, no, I am not going to be the next Minister of Security. There are about five levels of deputy ministers ahead of me.
- Detective Rama: And truth is, I don't want to be promoted. I could've been deputy minister years ago.
- Detective Rama: But that's not the life for me. I like the work, I don't want to watch other people do it.
- Detective Rama: Besides, after all that's happened, I don't know if the Ministry's really even the place for me anymore.
- I'll leave you be.
- Speaking with Lady Kasmeer Meade
- You can count on us, Commander. Was there anything else you wanted to go over?
What's going to happen to Minister Li?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Well, he's been arrested. I don't know much about the Canthan legal system yet...
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: That's more your area of expertise...
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: But my guess is he'll go on trial when things calm down. Probably be locked up for quite a while.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: He obstructed investigations into some pretty serious acts of terrorism.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We still haven't received any kind of formal apology.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: But I imagine that comes after we've saved reality as we know it.
- No. Nothing.
- Speaking with Marjory Delaqua
- Commander, you have no idea how good it was to get your call. A few more minutes with the Speakers...
So you were coordinating our efforts with the Speakers?
- If by "coordinating our efforts," you mean "reminding them over and over not to enslave spirits," then you're right...
- You sound exasperated.
- Yes. They all thought I'd look the other way just because I practice necromancy. Like it's all comparable...
- You think we can count on them as allies?.
- (snort) I think if you called Tetra Earthcall your "ally" to her face, she'd stomp you. But Tetra's legitimately concerned about the face of the planet...
- Go on.
- For the time being, she sees us as threat number two, and she's got her hands full with threat number one. And her followers do whatever she says—fanatical, but to our advantage here.
- Well, good to be number two...For now.
- Hmm, I see...
- How silly.
- I see. I'm glad you're free of them.
- I need to go.
- Speaking with Gorrik
- Well, it's good to be back with Dragon's Watch again, though I'd be lying if I said my time with the Jade Brotherhood wasn't instructive...
So you were working with the Jade Brotherhood?
- Oh! Yes, I was acting as our liaison to them while you were off talking to Joon. I got to observe some of their experiments, and well, it took me back to my days in the Inquest...
- Not getting nostalgic for the Inquest, are you?
- A little bit of nostalgia, maybe... I watched them experiment with adding a jade core to a living—oh, you don't want to hear about that. Anyway, it mostly reminded me how glad I am to be out.
- Do you think they're really going to fight with us?
- I think so. They're as scared as anyone of the laws of physics breaking down. That's pretty crucial to engineering, after all. But I'm not so sure what'll happen ten minutes after the battle's over...
- Glad to hear it.
- I see.
- Hmm, I see.
- I see...
- Entering Dragon's End
- Joon: Commander, the extractors have just reached the Jade Sea.
- <Character name>: Good timing – so have I.
- Joon: We'll need you to place the five perimeter extractors—
- Joon: —while Taimi and I travel with the main device to a staging area near the Harvest Temple.
- Joon: You'll need to lay them out in a configuration that leaves no room for her escape.
- Joon: We used maps to determine approximate locations, but we've sent a device to help you pinpoint the ideal spots.
- Taimi: It should be dropping in, oh, any second now...
- Picking up the inductive scanning device
- <Character name>: I've got the device.
- Taimi: Good! Use it to scan the locations we sent.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Oh, and, um, Commander? Hi! We just got a chance to survey the Jade Sea...
- Marjory Delaqua: It's a mess out there.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Which is no one's fault. The Void just keeps coming.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Anyway, I'm sure the people of the Jade Sea would appreciate any help you have to offer while you're out there.
- Placing the first extractor
- <Character name>: First extractor's on the ground.
- Taimi: Wonderful! We just got to the staging area. Getting everything set up.
- Joon: Caithe sent some local racketeers to assist us. We'll be lucky if they don't rob us blind.
- Placing the second extractor
- <Character name>: Two extractors in place.
- Taimi: CAREFUL! SET IT DOWN GENTLY! GENTLY!
- Taimi: Sorry about that, Commander, things are pretty hectic over here.
- Placing the third extractor
- <Character name>: Third's in place.
- Taimi: Gooood, good! We've had a bit of a complication over here. Seems we've attracted the attention of some Void monsters.
- <Character name>: You're all right?
- Taimi: Oh, yeah, nothing we can't handle. These gang members are pretty tough. And so far they haven't stolen a thing.
- Joon: That we know of.
- Placing the fourth extractor
- <Character name>: I've placed another extractor... Are you all safe?
- Taimi: Mostly. We lost a couple of the gang members, and just as we got back to work, we had to fight their Void shades.
- Taimi: But! Now they're taken care if too, so, we can finally get back to work.
- Placing the fifth extractor
- <Character name>: The last extractor is in place.
- Taimi: We've set up everything at the Harvest Temple. The main extractor's ready for action!
- <Character name>: My work's done out here too.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We've lost track of Soo-Won out here. We didn't subdue her, but she isn't rampaging either.
- Joon: It'll be difficult to get a lock on her if she isn't subdued.
- <Character name>: She will be.
- While helping your allies
- (when start filling the bar)
- Caith: Nice work. You're making your presence known.
- (at 50%)
- Marjory Delaqua: Every time we kill one of these things, they just reform somewhere else! This is pointless!
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: It's not pointless. It takes them time to reform and regroup.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Every minute we buy is a minute no one dies.
- Marjory Delaqua: You're right. (heavy sigh)
- (after filling the bar)
- Marjory Delaqua: Only way to really help these people is to stop it at the source.
- Optional dialogues with your allies (for Competent Commander)
- Xunlai Lieutenant: Ah, Commander, Xunlai Jade is proud to serve Lady Joon in the war effort. To that end, she's made it clear we're to follow your orders. How may I be of help?
- Tell me about this part of the front.
- We have been supplying all the forces with as much jade tech support as we could pull out of our warehouses, but supplies are running low...
- Everyone's supplies are running low. This will be over soon.
- Ministry of Security Lieutenant: Commander, MinSec stands ready to assist however we're able. In fact, I've heard reports that Detective Rama is already out there somewhere. What can I do for you?
- Give me a sitrep here.
- We are trained to fight in wars like these, but it's been academic 'til now. Needless to say, the real thing is very different, but our forces are doing their part.
- That's great. Carry on, lieutenant.
- Speaker Lieutenant: The Speakers agreed to support this campaingn because the Void threatens all of Tyria. But trust me, we'd rather be anywhere else.
- Tell me what's happening here
- Well, we're drawing as many spirits into the battle as we can. It's never been easier! I suppose that's because the're all willing this time around...
- Yes, it makes a difference when you're on the side of right.
- Kestrel Lieutenant: Well, Ayumi said I'd likely run into you, Commander. The Kestrels are doing what they can against Soo-Won, but it won't be easy. How can I help?
- How are the Kestrels managing?
- We're used to working in very different topography than this... Normally we're hidden, taking advantage of being overhead, but we're holding our own.
- Good to hear. Thank Ayumi for me if you see her.
- Brotherhood Lieutenant: The Brotherhood's not sitting this out, but once things return to normal, don't assume we're all copacetic. What do you need?
- How is the situation here?
- Oh, you know, just doing our best not to die. We're getting great data seeing which of our jade weapons do the best agains the Void. Some of the more, er, corrupted ones have turned on us though...
- Well, that's not good.
Taimi and Joon began working on the new extractors while the rest of us agreed to meet and decide on a plan of attack. It's hard to know whether to trust Joon's sudden turn, but at this point we have no choice. Hopefully we have earned her trust in both our intentions and abilities and can work together from here on out. Hope is unfortunately all we have right now. If Soo-Won manages to escape beyond the borders of Cantha, she will carry the Void with her and spread it everywhere. That cannot happen.
Everyone gathered at Arborstone—seeing the number of factions we had brought together was heartening. Ayumi came on behalf of the Kestrels, Ivan represented the reformed Aetherblades, and Detective Rama, well, he just came on his own. But it seems the Ministry of Security will back us up as well. Caithe relayed how pressed our forces are in the Jade Sea—we needed to act quickly, for their sake.
It was decided that Ayumi and Ivan would join Canach and Sayida in patrolling the coast, and the rest of us would head to the Jade Sea to arrange the newly completed extractors, helping in the fight as we were able.
We arrived in Jade Sea[sic] to find a true war zone. Caithe had not exaggerated their circumstances. Our troops were worn thin, and their frustrations mounted as every time someone managed to strike a Void beast down, another re-formed in its place.
But after more than a few battles, we got the extractors in place and then rendezvoused at the Harvest Temple. Our prospects are grim, but defeat is even grimmer. Either the Dragon Cycle ends today, or we do.
— My story
- Unlike the other EoD story chapters, this one does not give Tales of Adventure upon repeating it on a character who has previously completed this chapter.